A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Deadlock Design Submition Thread

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Deadlock Design Submition Thread (98 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 12:37 AM    Msg. 1 of 98       
Quote: We are going to have a community contest for the Deadlock secret weapon! Anyone who is interested is free to submit their weapon designs. We will then choose one of the designs and I will create the weapon for Halo. This weapon will then be placed in the secret room of the map AND The designer will be given the tags for their weapon to use in their own projects (or not... we don't really care what you do with it).

HOWEVER there are RULES:

1. NO nukes, grenades, RPGs (of any kind), or orbital weapons...

2. No "End Game" weapons (we are not giving ANYONE godlike powers... sry)

3. And (this isn't really a rule so much as an FYI) try to make it fit in with the style of the map. (just not too outlandish please).

This should be a wonderful oportunity for all of you out there with GREAT ideas and absolutely no skills.

just jking,

Thanks for reading, and good luck with the contest. We hope this will turn out to be a fun idea for everyone.

If you have any questions about the contest please ask them in the main Deadlock thread. Not here.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=40352&start=1

This thread is for contest submitions ONLY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay on topic. It will make it so much easier for us to choose a design.

Designs may be submitted however you would like. Be sure to include some kind of reference images for me to model from, and a detailed description of how you would like the weapon to work. (projectiles, animations... anything in particular that you want the weapon to do or look like)

Feel free to show hand drawn sketches, photoshopped images, whatever properly shows your design.

Deadline is TBA, but don't worry... you will have plenty of time.

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 01:06 PM    Msg. 2 of 98       
Contests? I like contests. :D

Here's my concept -a flare sniper (think like a cross between a needler and regular sniper... but with flares coming out).

(sorry not all the lines are aligned... I hand-drew all of this)

Edited by renegade343 on Jul 2, 2012 at 01:08 PM

Yoda

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 02:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 98       
Thanks for your submission. Don't worry about the lines, that drawing is is just fine. Like I said before... Anything that communicates your idea is perfectly acceptable.

btw, just an interesting fact :D, we do not have a rule against multiple submissions.
Edited by Yoda on Jul 2, 2012 at 03:44 PM

Yoda

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 03:44 PM    Msg. 4 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Not to be a dick, but it's 'submission', not submition. :p

lol, I can't believe I did that. Thanks.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 03:47 PM    Msg. 5 of 98       
タウ ミサイル!
(What sort of design are we meant to be following anyways? might want to write that in this thread before I come back with some more アニメ stuff... Whatever, if its not giant robots, it can still scale down to ripping hearts out of your enemies)

Yoda

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 03:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
タウ ミサイル!
(What sort of design are we meant to be following anyways? might want to write that in this thread before I come back with some more アニメ stuff... Whatever, if its not giant robots, it can still scale down to ripping hearts out of your enemies)

Check the main Deadlock Thread (link in OP). But you don't have to follow any particular design, just design a secret weapon that you think would be good in our map (which you can see in the main thread)

Yoda

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 04:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 98       
Okay come on people. did anyone even look at the Deadlock thread? or even read the OP here for that matter?

"but do a sword, seriously"
If that is a "serious" contest submission then PLEASE create/find reference images and give a description of how you want your weapon design to work.

@kirby: I am not sure what in that video you are suggesting we make (although to be honost I didn't watch the entire thing). If you could just take a screenshot or two of the part you are suggesting. And then give a description of how it should work.

I know there are members out there with good ideas... it seems like people are always popping up with ideas and wanting someone to do it for them. WELL HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!

kirby_422

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 05:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda
@kirby: I am not sure what in that video you are suggesting we make (although to be honost I didn't watch the entire thing). If you could just take a screenshot or two of the part you are suggesting. And then give a description of how it should work.

Start by shooting a giant laz0r beam
Inside of this laz0r beam is a person
This person tears through the enemy
The person resumes as normal on the other side, after removing the enemies vital parts (Mech pilot, heart, whatever is vital to their survival)
This is a finishing move, and is not homing (You need an extra person for homing! Then it becomes Eccentric Tau Missle, instead of just a normal Tau Missle). The person obviously has lower defense while preforming this (since they are without their mech) and cannot stop without colliding with something.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 05:21 PM    Msg. 9 of 98       
When's the deadline?

If there's at least a month, does it count if I model it in Blender, render it, and then use a filter in GIMP to make it seem like a concept drawing?

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 05:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 98       
How about following weapon functionality, note that I am not sure if this is at all possible.

Basically you have a staff. This staff shoots simple spherical energy projectiles out of it. These projectiles fly out in a straight line, and can stick to any surface. One shot merely emits light, however if you shoot another ball at the first one, it will "super-detonate" (similar to how the Needler functions).

This could be used in darker environments. You would shoot the staff around corners to lighten up the area. Then if an enemy gets exposed, you shoot another projectile and bam!

Now that I think about it I assume the "super combine" would only work on bipeds. Though I'm not sure if it can be tweaked to work with BSP walls and stuff.

As for the visual design, any energy projectile emitting staff would do, nothing complex :-)

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 05:39 PM    Msg. 11 of 98       
@Jaz The deadline has not been decided but you will have at least a month. Also yes that will count, we just need you to explain your submission and give some sort of reference picture.

@kirby What are you on about? First of all there are no mechs, second how is that even a weapon, and third you of all people should know what you are talking about is not possible in halo ce.

Yoda

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 05:41 PM    Msg. 12 of 98       
@Kirby: Wow, really? You think that will fit in AT ALL with our map? And you think it can be placed in a secret room hidden in the city?

@Jaz: Deadline is "to be anounced" but yes, there will definately be at least a month

@TM_Updates: I believe your idea is possible and it would be a "legal" submission, but I doubt we will choose it unless you provide some form of reference images. (see OP, we need reference and a description)

@Tiel: That is now a valid submission and will be considered along with the other participants at the end of the contest period. Thanks.

For all who are wondering ANY kind of reference images are acceptable (images not videos). You can draw them, find them on the internet, make them in photoshop/gimp, model and render them in blender/3ds/whatever. So long as you provide a reference image/images along with a description, we are happy and it is a valid submission.

kirby_422

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 05:53 PM    Msg. 13 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: jawa
@kirby What are you on about? First of all there are no mechs

How am I meant to know that? Besides, ripping hearts out works just as well.
second how is that even a weapon

In your books, giant laz0r beams that rip core parts out of your enemy arent considered weapons?.. Really?
third you of all people should know what you are talking about is not possible in halo ce.

I don't know it's not possible, because on the other hand, I know it is possible *shrug*
create another vehicle, it just moves forward constantly. Player is passenger. He flys through everything. Have a second one that launches a second later. When they get close enough (determined by two AI) it determines it has collided, since it would of slowed against a wall allowing the second one to catch up (This can also be done by having all players who are not preforming this action have items attached that radiate damage, and if they get close to one of them, their vehicle takes damage and the script realizes thats that) If you are including the mech, feel free to reform the mech at this point and re-enter. For the ripping the heart out, have the 2 AI checking if they can see things, if they see any player, force that player into a permutation with their heart ripped out. There, a person who is launched out, and rips their enemies to shreds *shrug*

TM_updates

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 06:01 PM    Msg. 14 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
How about following weapon functionality, note that I am not sure if this is at all possible.

Basically you have a staff. This staff shoots simple spherical energy projectiles out of it. These projectiles fly out in a straight line, and can stick to any surface. One shot merely emits light, however if you shoot another ball at the first one, it will "super-detonate" (similar to how the Needler functions).

This could be used in darker environments. You would shoot the staff around corners to lighten up the area. Then if an enemy gets exposed, you shoot another projectile and bam!

Now that I think about it I assume the "super combine" would only work on bipeds. Though I'm not sure if it can be tweaked to work with BSP walls and stuff.

As for the visual design, any energy projectile emitting staff would do, nothing complex :-)

Here's a complex weapon scematic I passionately drew up to improve my chances of winning!

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 06:12 PM    Msg. 15 of 98       
*sigh* Ok, Kirby... You are meant to know we do not have mechs by looking at our main thread. As for the "laz0r beam" that could be a projectile but what is the weapon it is coming from? And when I say weapon in this case I am referring to hand held weapons. As for the possible part, well I may have misspoke, but I am still not convinced you could make a weapon do that.
Edited by jawa on Jul 2, 2012 at 06:18 PM

Yoda

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 06:17 PM    Msg. 16 of 98       

Here's a complex weapon scematic I passionately drew up to improve my chances of winning!

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2307/isnanestaff.jpg

WOW, WHAT A WORK OF ART.

Well you are now one of the three elite forumgoers to have submitted a valid design to our competition. As with the other contestants, your design will now be considered along with the others at the end of the contest period, congradulations...... jerk lol

TM_updates

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 06:23 PM    Msg. 17 of 98       
I didn't mean to come across as if I was making fun of your contest. I would actually like to see my weapon idea implemented. I'm just not a great weapon designer in terms of visuals. That staff shows a basic rough outlining, and shows the basic idea.

Yoda

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 06:31 PM    Msg. 18 of 98       
I didn't mean to come across as if I was making fun of your contest. I would actually like to see my weapon idea implemented. I'm just not a great weapon designer in terms of visuals. That staff shows a basic rough outlining, and shows the basic idea.

Don't worry, we are not offended or anything. I am just joking back with you.

The contest is meant to be fun, we want real suggestions, but joking around is acceptable as well.

Also, I was joking around... but your submission IS valid and we WILL consider it.

But remember, you have PLENTY of time if you decide to put a little more effort into the reference image. There is no need to rush. (but don't worry, your submission is valid as it is)

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 06:47 PM    Msg. 19 of 98       

Knight's Armament M249 ChainSAW with M203 40mm grenade launcher. I'd lose the suppressor in favor of an M4-style flash hider.

Yoda

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 02:33 PM    Msg. 20 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz92/shaunr_2009/WTF.jpg

Knight's Armament M249 ChainSAW with M203 40mm grenade launcher. I'd lose the suppressor in favor of an M4-style flash hider.

Thanks for your submission. Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the main Deadlock thread?

Echo77

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 03:00 PM    Msg. 21 of 98       

Thanks for your submission. Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the main Deadlock thread?

I have. It's an interesting concept.

In hindsight, I should have picked a gun that better fits that overall style. P:

Yoda

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 03:13 PM    Msg. 22 of 98       

In hindsight, I should have picked a gun that better fits that overall style. P:

Well, having a MG type of weapon with lots of ammo for suppressive fire would actually be extremely usefull in this map. And the general shape of that weapon is rather interesting. But if you were to maybe use that as a base or reference for a design that would actually fit in the map then you would have a much better chance in the contest.

Also, the rules actually say "1. NO nukes, grenades, RPGs (of any kind), or orbital weapons..."

So even if we did pick your idea, the underbarrel grenade launcher would be excluded.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 03:56 PM    Msg. 23 of 98       

Well, having a MG type of weapon with lots of ammo for suppressive fire would actually be extremely usefull in this map. And the general shape of that weapon is rather interesting. But if you were to maybe use that as a base or reference for a design that would actually fit in the map then you would have a much better chance in the contest.

Also, the rules actually say "1. NO nukes, grenades, RPGs (of any kind), or orbital weapons..."

So even if we did pick your idea, the underbarrel grenade launcher would be excluded.

Load it with 40mm Hornet's Nest rounds, turn the grenade launcher into a shotgun.

P3

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 04:26 PM    Msg. 24 of 98       
Hmm.... I might submit one..... |: | Should I....?

Yoda

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 04:38 PM    Msg. 25 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Hmm.... I might submit one..... |: | Should I....?

Yes you should, especially if you would like to see your weapon idea in our map and/or if you want to win the completed weapon tags at the end.

AND remember everyone... you are free to submit as many entries as you want. If you have a bunch of weapon ideas you would like to see in-game (AND HAVE THE TAGS FOR!!!) then you might as well submit some. This is a chance to get someone to make the weapn for you.

I will be making a complete weapon from the winning design, that means modelled, unwrapped, textured, animated, tagged, and even sound FX. And whoever wins will be given the completed tags (AND data files if they want them) for the weapon.

P3

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 05:00 PM    Msg. 26 of 98       
Uh huuuuuh, I see..... Heh heh heh.... (>|:}) Will you only make one weapon....? If not..... GET READY TO GET SPAMED WITH AWESOME CONCEPT ARTS!!! BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! *Sends only one but still ends and losing.* "Dammit! ....." How bought this?!

-------------===------------
---==============
---===-=-=====-------
---------=--==------------
--------------==-----------

Ha-Ha! Take that! No one can beat this! Nah Jk i'll get to submitting later. -_-

Yoda

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 05:11 PM    Msg. 27 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Uh huuuuuh, I see..... Heh heh heh.... (>|:}) Will you only make one weapon....? If not..... GET READY TO GET SPAMED WITH AWESOME CONCEPT ARTS!!! BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! *Sends only one but still ends and losing.* "Dammit! ....." How bought this?!

-------------===------------
---==============
---===-=-=====-------
---------=--==------------
--------------==-----------

Ha-Ha! Take that! No one can beat this! Nah Jk i'll get to submitting later. -_-

Can't wait to see your submissions.

To answer your question: There will only be one winner and therefore I will only be making one of the weapon designs.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 06:01 PM    Msg. 28 of 98       
An additional submission that may be better suited to the aesthetics of the level.

A retro revolver for the adventurous space bounty hunter, the "Impetus" utilizes a Metal Storm system in place of traditional firing methods. Each cylinder is pre-loaded with an electronically-ignited caseless high-caliber round. The "hammer" serves as the weapon's mag release: pulling back will allow the chamber to be removed from the weapon and replaced with another pre-loaded cylinder. Standard model features an integrated flashlight and is compatible with a variety of optics, such as the red dot sight.

The Impetus is also available in high-capacity models sporting a triple-stacked cylinder, allowing for eighteen shots (versus the standard six) to be fired in quick succession (essentially turning the weapon into a revolving machine pistol). The flashlight can be exchanged for an underbarrel 12-gauge shotgun, using the same Metal Storm system to fire up to three shells before reloading (shells are inserted through the bottom, and their caseless nature negates the need for an ejection port).
Edited by Echo77 on Jul 3, 2012 at 06:07 PM

Yoda

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 06:42 PM    Msg. 29 of 98       
Wow, very interesting. Is it your own original design? (what did you use to make those images?)

And we are already going on the idea of caseless ammunition with our other weapons, so that fits very nicely with the project.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 06:48 PM    Msg. 30 of 98       
Wow, very interesting. Is it your own original design? (what did you use to make those images?)

And we are already going on the idea of caseless ammunition with our other weapons, so that fits very nicely with the project.

It's my own design, made in Dr. Noob's "Pimp My Gun".

Yoda

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 06:52 PM    Msg. 31 of 98       

wow, that is very cool. I have never seen this before. But it could be really helpful for concept art. Especially with some modifications to the weapon in GIMP afterwords.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 06:55 PM    Msg. 32 of 98       

wow, that is very cool. I have never seen this before. But it could be really helpful for concept art. Especially with some modifications to the weapon in GIMP afterwords.

There's also this version, both of which can be used to create very interesting designs once you get the hang of them.

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 11:50 PM    Msg. 33 of 98       
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/portablemacgun.png/

Sorry about the bad drawing. If more clarification is needed just ask. I hope it isn't to late to submit.
Edited by Caboose 14 on Jul 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Yoda

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 12:11 AM    Msg. 34 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Caboose 14

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/portablemacgun.png/

Sorry about the bad drawing. If more clarification is needed just ask. I hope it isn't to late to submit.
Edited by Caboose 14 on Jul 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM

It is definately not to late. We have not even announced a deadline yet, but we intend to give around a month for submissions (official deadline should be announced soon).

Ubergoober

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 12:54 AM    Msg. 35 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Nyan Gun. Nuff' said.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 19, 2020 3:18 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website