A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Sound or Sound_Looping Music Exceptions at End of 1st Permutation? o_0

Author Topic: Sound or Sound_Looping Music Exceptions at End of 1st Permutation? o_0 (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 04:29 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Hey guys, I'm pretty bewildered right now, but it seems that there are two songs in my map which play as sound_loopings and are split into permutations, that exception the game after the first permutation has played.

Here are pictures of the two songs, with the .sound and .sound_looping for each:

"Walkinwoodsremix"

"Bothways"

I'm not exactly sure what to make of this, but I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit.

Thanks again.

kingfish999

I like Pie

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 09:36 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
im also having this problem. i was just about to make a thread to ask when i saw this. i have a sound looping that playes 10+ permulations randomly but it exeptions right after the first. cant seem to figuer it out.

also a somewhat related problem, if i have the sound class as music, it wont play in the map some reason. not that it matters but it use to work and now it doesnt. any ideas why?

G_Maverick

Half the world has an IQ below 100.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 10:51 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Sup guys, hey if you need your .sound or .sound_looping files fixed, I can do that for you.

kingfish999

I like Pie

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 11:06 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
how do you fix them so i know how to?

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 12:10 AM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Problem solved. Thanks again.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jul 4, 2012 at 06:45 PM

G_Maverick

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 10:12 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Well Kingfish, it's a complicated process that involves extracting the music from the .sound file and re-compressing it in one giant .sound file with no permutations. Halo Map Tools 3.0 can pull it out, and Goldwave can turn the OGG VORBIS into the correct .wav format. From there you use tool like you were compressing any other halo music.

kingfish999

I like Pie

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 02:50 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
so basicly it wont play each sound randomly? thats not what i want. i want each sound to be able to play randomly otherwise it wouldnt be worth it.

whenever i get time im gonna try and figuer out how to get it to work right. ive done it before i can do it again.

G_Maverick

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 02:57 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Oh, well that's just going to be another function with tool.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 15, 2019 8:59 AM 1,266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website