A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Halo 2 VISTA on my XP

Author Topic: Halo 2 VISTA on my XP (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Spartan CT27

Spartans never die, they're just missing in action

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 01:03 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Hi guys!
I knew perfectly well before I bought it that Halo 2 was meant for Vista only, but saw someone being able to install and run it on windows xp.
Is there any easy way to do this or can someone do it for me?
Steps on how to do it would also be great.
And, what was the name of the program that you needed to do this, a download link would be nice :)
Yes, I have seen all the YouTube videos and they don't really help me.

DTRxd3Lta

Get it done.

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 12:19 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
i have xp too and its very tough to find a link thats not a torrent (dont like torrents)

Spartan CT27

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 02:46 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
I have the game (disk and all) but your right, I'm just better off getting Vista as it looks like I have no other choice.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 10:17 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan CT27
I have the game (disk and all) but your right, I'm just better off getting Windows 7 as it looks like I have no other choice.

Yeah.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 03:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Normally I am all for.being able to.cross play Halo 2 on different OS's...but in this case you still can't use the multiplayer feature even.after you have installed it on XP. If you have an MSDN subscription...you should have a legit.free and.clear Vista key available to you.

Spartan CT27

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 03:28 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Ah well.
I have Vista now and have played the Campaign, little multiplayer and map making.
Defiantly worth Vista, but I wish that Microsoft made it to run on BOTH xp and Vista.

Also, there have been talks of 343 industries (new halo developer) making a Halo 2 anniversary like Halo Combat Evolved anniversary after Halo 4 has been released.
If that is true, so pre-ordering :)

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 10:46 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Personally making a H2 Anniversary would be a huge waste of time and resources. rather than re-hash an old title, they should focus on bringing Halo 3 or the future halo titles to the PC. Remakes are good....but not what is needed.

One thing is certain...in this already fragile economy the world is in, there is going to be fairly limited numbers purchasing a new console just for a single Halo title. If Microsoft really wants to recapture the FPS crown and start outselling the competition, they need to go back to being cross platform.

Spartan CT27

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 02:28 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Hmmmm....point is withdrawn there.
Well, I see that you would like them to be on PC, we all do, but the FPS and texturing would play havoc with some computer systems, forcing everyone to buy a new computer or something.

And, as for waste of time, I agree also.
Sure, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary was a hit, but I did some research and found that 343 started developing Halo CEA when Halo Reach was still in development as well (around mid 2009).
So that took them quite a few years to get it out still, so you really can't do much but abuse the fact that there might be a remake.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri August 14, 2020 12:30 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website