A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Radiosity problem - No light/sky

Author Topic: Radiosity problem - No light/sky (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

drakoin

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 11:31 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hello all. I'm trying to work on my first map, but everything goes wrong when I enter Sapien. First off, there is no sky, only a purple screen. When I run radiosity, the numbers don't count down but instead go automatically to zero. The level becomes visible, but it is all black. I can get it ingame, but there is absolutely no light at all.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/998/sapien.png

Any idea what could be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 11:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Unless this was supposed to be an indoor map.. then you need to add light fixtures through sapien and redo radiosity.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 04:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Unless this was an indoor map, then you dont need the sky to cast light/shadows.

drakoin

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 05:33 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
I fixed it, my materials were just misnamed. Now that I have that sorted out, how would I go about using multiple shaders? One for the street, one for a building, etc. Any good tutorials anyone can point me to?

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 06:33 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
Unless this was an indoor map, then you dont need the sky to cast light/shadows.

Windows, bro

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat February 22, 2020 7:49 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website