A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »mess up Halo CE graphic

Author Topic: mess up Halo CE graphic (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

bobbyshun

game face

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 09:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
My graphic is all mess up. I can't get into Halo CE. How to uninstall Halo CE clean. I have tried uninstall and then install many time without success. I am using a Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX.

OrangeJuice

Still here because their site isn't active either

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 10:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Turn off AA

bobbyshun

game face

Posted: Aug 10, 2012 09:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
The drivers that I am using is the latest. What is AA? I am fine in palying Halo and Halo 2. The graphic is perfect.
Edited by bobbyshun on Aug 10, 2012 at 09:09 PM

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 07:42 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
We don't even know if he's got AA enabled. -.-

If you've got OS, check the documentation on: http://code.google.com/p/open-sauce

Go to your Desktop. Right click. Select 'Nvidia Control Panel'.

In the Nvidia Control Panel, select 'Manage 3D settings'.

Find Halo and select it as a program to customize. Ensure that all types of antialiasing are Off i.e:
Antialiasing - FXAA
Antialiasing - Gamma correction
Antialiasing - Mode (Ensure that this is set to 'Application-Controlled')
Antialiasing - Transparency

P.S. Oh, checking the Control Panel to help you led me to a pleasant surprise. Forced FXAA ftw... at least for me, since I can probably run it. I've got a 1GB 9800GT, which I'm pretty sure is overclocked, thus which is probably more powerful than your GTX.

E: FXAA should work fine for you, since obviously your GFX is better than mine. I just discovered my 9800GT is DEAD. Well, FXAA works fine for me on my motherboard's onboard 9500GT, which is nowhere near as powerful as a 9800 GTX. So try enabling it and see if it works.
Edited by Jaz on Aug 11, 2012 at 08:20 AM

bobbyshun

game face

Posted: Aug 14, 2012 11:34 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
I re-check my drivers. They are not the latest. I download the latest drivers and installed it. Re-install Halo CE. Then I get into OK! Once I got out, I can't get back into it again. Any other suggestions? I have turn off all AA with the new install.

subtank

Down is Up

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 04:25 AM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Oddly enough, I manage to fix this issue last night through the following:

• Set your graphics settings to "Let 3D application decide" (or whatever the first option is). Restoring everything to default also works: this should turn off AA. If not, then proceed to manually switch off all AA settings

• Run the .exe as Administrator. Set this to default via Properties under Compatibility tab.

Not sure why running the game as an Administrator work... I guess doing so bypasses NVIDIA's settings.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 09:06 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: subtank
Oddly enough, I manage to fix this issue last night through the following:

• Set your graphics settings to "Let 3D application decide" (or whatever the first option is). Restoring everything to default also works: this should turn off AA. If not, then proceed to manually switch off all AA settings

• Run the .exe as Administrator. Set this to default via Properties under Compatibility tab.

Not sure why running the game as an Administrator work... I guess doing so bypasses NVIDIA's settings.

Your anti-virus probably blocked Halo.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 09:52 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: bobbyshun

The drivers that I am using is the latest. What is AA? I am fine in palying Halo and Halo 2. The graphic is perfect.
Edited by bobbyshun on Aug 10, 2012 at 09:09 PM

He said halo 1 and 2. that means his OS is Vista. theres a vista fix here somewhere, try that

bobbyshun

game face

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 10:31 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Running the Halo CE as Administrator works. Where do you set the graphics? Thank for the help!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 11, 2020 3:21 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website