A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »The Halo CE Chronicles »Need some help from Dennis Powers

Author Topic: Need some help from Dennis Powers (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Advait03

Moving up for a new challenge...

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 08:17 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hi Mr Dennis, I a fan of your Halo CE Chronicles. You are an idol and inspiration to me. I before asked you for a ring map. You may remember me or maybe not........ K I need help in lowering rifles like how you did in this vid
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4641
means sometimes it needs to be done that our biped IS ARMED and is NOT POINTING the gun anywhere(lowered). Imagine how it would look like if you are speaking pointing gun at your friend. Also it gives a good effect of the actions as for how it was for "BOB" in STATIC, my first vid of Halo Chronicles which i loved by heart. Please help in here. Also if you have a map or know a map which has only Red AI bots like redvsblue map excluding blue AI bots than it will please give me the link to it. Also how did you do the hand movements in Part 6 Ring of Life where Cmd Harrington was talking to Gaia and also with Andrea? Thanks.
Edited by Advait03 on Aug 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 02:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Using the developer mode console there is a command that can be used to set a biped to a different "stance" that the forward motion is walking instead of running and the weapon is lowered . You first need to name the biped when you create or modify the map then issue the command

unit_set_seat (biped-name) alert

There are three stances stand, alert and crouch. If you are trying to set the stance of a player biped instead of a named one you placed in then map then you use this command:

unit_set_seat (unit (list_get (players) 0)) alert

the player index is the which player (client) you want to stand. If there are more than one player then you would have to issue one for the second player

unit_set_seat (unit (list_get (players) 1)) alert

Quote: --- Original message by: Advait03
Also how did you do the hand movements in Part 6 Ring of Life where Cmd Harrington was talking to Gaia and also with Andrea?
I made a special map and bipeds (duplicates of the originals) then in that map assigned several of the cinematic animations to replace the normal ones for walking left,right ...etc. I am sure there may be an easier way to do it but at the time I made over 15 different maps with various re-assigned animations to film that sequence. Since it was the pivotal scene in the video it was the first thing I filmed because if it didn't work the video wouldn't have. I also had to change some dialogue to match the existing animations.
Edited by Dennis on Aug 19, 2012 at 02:09 PM

Advait03

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 07:35 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Thanks you really for help. And the Thing:
Quote: Quote:--- Orignal message by Dennis
I made a special map and bipeds (duplicates of the originals) then in that map assigned several of the cinematic animations to replace the normal ones for walking left,right ...etc. I am sure there may be an easier way to do it but at the time I made over 15 different maps with various re-assigned animations to film that sequence.

I figured out with the last comment you gave me to tell me about a map with halo ring in it and mouth movement, that, you are a real good programmer/formatter/creator in halo. You know all modifications to be done in maps/bipeds to make it run in your way for making machinima. So, no one can make better machinima than you and you really are my idol in machinima making. Thanks you very much. Recently I read Shipwrecked and i liked it, and if i was a cinematics programmer from bungie i would have certainly created a machinima on it in your honour and just a dedicated gift.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 2, 2012 01:47 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advait03
Recently I read Shipwrecked and i liked it,
Read "Fearless" it will fill out the first ring stories completely.

Advait03

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 01:34 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
DO you have a Fearless Full file? Like you made for shipwrecked? If so please tell me the link for it. Sorry for the late reply, i've been busy. And, why don't you start another machinima series on HCEC? I'm waiting 4 it......... seriously....... don't tell me you're gonna stop making machinima now your machinima series are really rocking.
Please make another series of machinima, like.... season 6?!

And also, halomovies.org is for uploading and viewing machinima. Is there a site in where we can upload comics? if you know, please tell me. Cuz I have made one:-
HACO (Halo Comical) presents "Search Quest"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8uh58 Thanks.

Edited by Advait03 on Sep 22, 2012 at 01:51 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 12:42 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website