A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Whatd you guys think of the latest H4 Trailer?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Whatd you guys think of the latest H4 Trailer? (56 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

flameomega

My animation portfolio http://farzad.csprance.com/

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 08:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 56       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxXCuR6ncI&feature=g-all-u

I thought it was simply amazing. :)

Can't wait! :D

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 08:18 PM    Msg. 2 of 56       
Says the video is private...

Vergil

you're just mad cuz you're angry

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 08:18 PM    Msg. 3 of 56       
You mean that private video?

flameomega

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 08:36 PM    Msg. 4 of 56       
AHahaha wow they made the video private!

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 09:04 PM    Msg. 5 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: flameomega

Do you mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlQlNaJ2nk

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 09:34 PM    Msg. 6 of 56       
and this as well: the making of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_4skHcCpT4

flameomega

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 09:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Caboose 14
Quote: --- Original message by: flameomega

Do you mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlQlNaJ2nk

That's it haha i actually just found this

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/08/20/making-of-halo-4

I wonder why they made the other one private :\

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 10:02 PM    Msg. 8 of 56       
Well this is interesting...

The return of the Jackal helmet guys?

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 10:03 PM    Msg. 9 of 56       
Needs more color correction

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 10:07 PM    Msg. 10 of 56       
Cortana is now a MILF yall.

Edited by MoooseGuy on Aug 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 10:16 PM    Msg. 11 of 56       
Is that youtube? Because that layout at the bottom looks so different, so awesome. :o

Ubergoober

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 02:53 AM    Msg. 12 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy

Cortana is now a MILF yall.

http://i.imgur.com/NvMu6.png
Edited by MoooseGuy on Aug 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

u mean she has an off-spring?

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 06:25 AM    Msg. 13 of 56       
forward unto Dawn (the ship) looks horrible. I don't get how 343 can get away with changing it so much. I'm aware 343 is trying
to go in a new direction with a new style and all the new weapons, characters and vehicles are excusable but the stuff we saw at
the end of Halo 3 should be the same. How could have the ship possibly changed its entire appearance right down to the cryopods.
Bad Design in my opinion.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 07:08 AM    Msg. 14 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kozakuu
forward unto Dawn (the ship) looks horrible. I don't get how 343 can get away with changing it so much. I'm aware 343 is trying
to go in a new direction with a new style and all the new weapons, characters and vehicles are excusable but the stuff we saw at
the end of Halo 3 should be the same. How could have the ship possibly changed its entire appearance right down to the cryopods.

The same way Bungie went from the Combat Evolved Marines to the Halo Reach ones.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 08:28 AM    Msg. 15 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

The same way Bungie went from the Halo Reach marines to the Combat Evolved ones.

uhh

flameomega

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 10:57 AM    Msg. 16 of 56       

Agreed, huge continuity error or.. JUST PLAIN TROLLING.

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 01:51 PM    Msg. 17 of 56       

What are you talking about, the internal images they showed are very similar to what is visible at the end of Halo 3, just higher visual fidelity with more detail added in. Also, expecting it to look exactly the same between sequels is ridiculous, everything changes, weapons, armor, characters, but you expect the inside of the Forward unto Dawn to look exactly the same? Come on man, thats just silly.

Edit: Im also quite impressed by the character models, especially the faces they showed in that trailer.
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 16, 2012 at 01:53 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 02:08 PM    Msg. 18 of 56       
It's the same ship,right?There's nothing silly with the interior to look exactly how it was in a previous game.

I'd expect the characters,armor,weapons,etc to look similar to their older appearances.The H4 Elites looks like animals with weapons and H4 Jackals look like iguanas on bird-like legs.Almost nothing like their previous appearances.Nothing.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 16, 2012 at 02:09 PM

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 02:27 PM    Msg. 19 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

It's the same ship,right?There's nothing silly with the interior to look exactly how it was in a previous game.

I'd expect the characters,armor,weapons,etc to look similar to their older appearances.The H4 Elites looks like animals with weapons and H4 Jackals look like iguanas on bird-like legs.Almost nothing like their previous appearances.Nothing.

Actually, they look similar to the older characters, but farther divorced from the previous iterations because 343 want their own style for the newer games. There is nothing they can do that is going to please everyone, and I would rather see them add their own style to those designs, rather than copy bungie.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 02:41 PM    Msg. 20 of 56       
I think that the Covies have retarded armor in this game because they are a separate sect. Like the H2 heretics. If this becomes standard Covenant armor though, Ima go shoot a random 343 designer.

Kozakuu

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 05:30 PM    Msg. 21 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
but you expect the inside of the Forward unto Dawn to look exactly the same? Come on man, thats just silly.

At no point did I say exactly the same. Sure I expected it to have a higher level of visual fidelity, but not to the point where the ship is radically different. For instance compares these two images:

In these images, the exterior of the Dawn is extremely different. Gone are the vertical and horizontal surfaces, replaced by a large sloping surface. Plus the lettering is in a different location.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 05:50 PM    Msg. 22 of 56       
One's a war cruiser and the other is more of an investigation civilian cruiser. They SHOULD look different. Kind of like a warship in the Navy and a cruise ship to the Bahamas.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 06:02 PM    Msg. 23 of 56       
Those are the same ship though. For consistency, they should both look similar, and clearly, they do not.

Echo77

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 07:35 PM    Msg. 24 of 56       

Actually, they look similar to the older characters, but farther divorced from the previous iterations because 343 want their own style for the newer games. There is nothing they can do that is going to please everyone, and I would rather see them add their own style to those designs, rather than copy bungie.

I just realized how lulzy it is; on Halomaps, everyone shuns rips and demands custom content. In the Halo saga, everyone demands rips* and shuns custom content.

*Or something that could be more easily mistaken for a rip by untrained eyes.
Edited by Echo77 on Aug 16, 2012 at 07:39 PM

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 08:14 PM    Msg. 25 of 56       
*Sees video*

*Sees Masterchief's appearance and lines*

*Laughs hysterically*

If this is actually part of the story in Halo 4, fair does. If it actually is just a cheesy trailer.... *Laughs hysterically*.

Halo 4 might be a good game. But unless it's actually related, I don't see the point in these random trailers that don't at all show any important details about Halo 4 except maybe a tiny little part of the story that will likely be discovered in a few seconds of the actual game.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 09:34 PM    Msg. 26 of 56       

I just realized how lulzy it is; on Halomaps, everyone shuns rips and demands custom content. In the Halo saga, everyone demands rips* and shuns custom content.

Similar stuff =/= Rips

Echo77

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 11:09 PM    Msg. 27 of 56       

Similar stuff =/= Rips

H3 ripz. o:

Kozakuu

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 01:56 AM    Msg. 28 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
One's a war cruiser and the other is more of an investigation civilian cruiser. They SHOULD look different. Kind of like a warship in the Navy and a cruise ship to the Bahamas.

Um, Have you ever played Halo? http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Forward_Unto_Dawn

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 03:53 AM    Msg. 29 of 56       
but you expect the inside of the Forward unto Dawn to look exactly the same? Come on man, thats just silly.

At no point did I say exactly the same. Sure I expected it to have a higher level of visual fidelity, but not to the point where the ship is radically different. For instance compares these two images:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb58374/halo/images/1/1e/Forward_into_dawn.jpg http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7452/dawnfb.jpg
In these images, the exterior of the Dawn is extremely different. Gone are the vertical and horizontal surfaces, replaced by a large sloping surface. Plus the lettering is in a different location.

So... they changed the outside of the ship to look sloped instead of box like... the major visible portions of the ship are still there, the fin on the side, the bridge up top. And the lettering is in the same place as well. Its not as drastic as you seem to think, they basically took the rectangular prisms stacked on top of eachother, and added in a diagonal sloped plate that connects them. I guess in the end this falls under more of an aesthetic choice, but in actuality the basic design is still the same.

To be honest here, I find the absolute reluctance of people on this forum to accept changes in Bungies designs to be rather strange. What is so wrong with a different studio, who has a different view of the franchise, changing some of the aesthetic designs and implementing their own style. I would rather see that, then see them just copy and paste more of Bungies work. Obviously they are leaving Reach style designs in for some of the vehicles and weapons, which I find to be a little annoying, but still...
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 17, 2012 at 03:57 AM

Kozakuu

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 05:11 AM    Msg. 30 of 56       

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb58374/halo/images/1/1e/Forward_into_dawn.jpg http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7452/dawnfb.jpg

So... they changed the outside of the ship to look sloped instead of box like... the major visible portions of the ship are still there, the fin on the side, the bridge up top. And the lettering is in the same place as well. Its not as drastic as you seem to think, they basically took the rectangular prisms stacked on top of eachother, and added in a diagonal sloped plate that connects them. I guess in the end this falls under more of an aesthetic choice, but in actuality the basic design is still the same.

To be honest here, I find the absolute reluctance of people on this forum to accept changes in Bungies designs to be rather strange. What is so wrong with a different studio, who has a different view of the franchise, changing some of the aesthetic designs and implementing their own style. I would rather see that, then see them just copy and paste more of Bungies work. Obviously they are leaving Reach style designs in for some of the vehicles and weapons, which I find to be a little annoying, but still...
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 17, 2012 at 03:57 AM

You seem to be missing the point.
I am fine with 343's new weapons, vehicles, characters, scenery and whatever they choose that does not appear in Halo 3.
I am not fine with a ship that appeared in Halo 3 and somehow changed entirely in the 4 years it spent floating in pieces in space.
Since I don't seem to be getting through to you with the differences, I'll list them:

• The ship now has an overall grey color - H3 version was black.

• Lettering is in a different place. It is now on the sloped surface.

• The H3 lower cargo bay area is nowhere to be seen as evidenced by image 1 below.

• The engine fins have been brought closer to the hull.

• The engines themselves do not resemble the H3 version at all. Evidenced by image 1.

• Look at image 2 (I know it's low quality) and then at image 3, the ships do not look the same at all, it's a simple fact.

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

I am questioning how 343 can swap the ship seen throughout H3 with this one. The only thing they really share is the name.

OHunterO

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 06:29 AM    Msg. 31 of 56       
What is this stupid argument about the "Forward Unto Dawn" ship looking different? It's a new ship introduced to the game... how can it look different.

And the ship that MC was floating around it is only half of a smaller ship so that can't really be moaned about...

Kozakuu

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 06:40 AM    Msg. 32 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
What is this stupid argument about the "Forward Unto Dawn" ship looking different? It's a new ship introduced to the game

No. It is not. You may be thinking of the Infinity, which is an entirely different ship.

Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
And the ship that MC was floating around it is only half of a smaller ship so that can't really be moaned about...

That ship was the Forward Unto Dawn, the ship we're talking about.

P3

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 06:49 AM    Msg. 33 of 56       
It's a ship. Maybe they had upgrades... >.> Things change. Technology gets better. Maybe they just had a little... fix? Upgrade? Besides If they did use the same exact designs, you know what will happen?

"Oh mah god! Look at that lazy piece of crap of an industry! They just ripped and reuse the model from Halo 3! Oh my god! What a bunch of bums! Oh my god!"

That would be what would happen if they did. Geez, what do you guys want? >.> Reused, or newly designed...?

Kozakuu

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 07:22 AM    Msg. 34 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
It's a ship. Maybe they had upgrades... >.> Things change. Technology gets better. Maybe they just had a little... fix? Upgrade? Besides If they did use the same exact designs, you know

Forward Unto Dawn has been floating heavily damaged in space alone for 4 years without any contact to the UNSC. Repairs or upgrades would be impossible.

Quote: --- Original message by: P3
"Oh mah god! Look at that lazy piece of crap of an industry! They just ripped and reuse the model from Halo 3! Oh my god! What a bunch of bums! Oh my god!"

The model doesn't necessarily have to be a rip, but it also doesn't need to entirely different either.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 12:02 PM    Msg. 35 of 56       
Not impossible,since Cortana can make some minor modifications to the ship(not quite enough to change it's shape and all the other external features).

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri November 22, 2019 6:25 AM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website