A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[App] Adjutant 2

Page 6 of 34 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · ... · 34 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [App] Adjutant 2 (1188 messages, Page 6 of 34)
Moderators: Dennis

Gravemind

The Age of Reclamation has begun.

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 07:40 PM    Msg. 176 of 1188       
I think I've figured out the DXT5a_mono and DXN_mono_alpha types. The new decoding will be in the next update (still only in advanced mode for now) which will probably be tonight (GMT +10 time). I'll also make it so that when it tells you there's an update it will also show you what the changes are, seeing as people don't seem to be reading the changelog (also saves having to redownload the whole log each time). There's also some other minor UI changes.

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 08:51 PM    Msg. 177 of 1188       
We can't extract models with adjudant ? :)

Gravemind

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 09:05 PM    Msg. 178 of 1188       
Can't? You should be able to, I'll check when I get home. Last I checked it was working fine.

The_Arbiter

I feel like having scotch

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 09:17 PM    Msg. 179 of 1188       
Bitmaps. won't open when i have extracted them.

Gravemind

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 09:27 PM    Msg. 180 of 1188       
If you've extracted them as .dds you will need a program that can open DDS files.

The_Arbiter

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 10:19 PM    Msg. 181 of 1188       
dds will not own anymore

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 10:26 PM    Msg. 182 of 1188       
Use GIMP with the dds plugin.Use Google to find em. :D
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM

The_Arbiter

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 10:30 PM    Msg. 183 of 1188       
If i extract with alteration i can open them

Gravemind

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 11:35 PM    Msg. 184 of 1188       
Ok I checked models, and they seem to be working fine. I also fixed the DDS problem. I'll put out an update tonight.

Edit: Update is out now, much earlier than I expected. Read the changelog for details.

Edit2:

DXT5a is now pixelation free, and both DXT5a_mono and DXN_mono_alpha should be available in the next update in normal mode and batch extraction. Update should be out within 6 hours.
Edited by Gravemind on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 11:19 PM    Msg. 185 of 1188       
Awwwww yeeaaaahhh.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 01:01 AM    Msg. 186 of 1188       
Fantastic work. If only past "programmers" had your great sharing mentality! What a world we would have!

Gravemind

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 01:04 AM    Msg. 187 of 1188       
2.0.7.0 update is out.

Quote:
=======================================================

v2.0.7.0
-".tif" is now the first option when extracting a bitmap
-Fixed DXT5a, DXN_mono_alpha, A8, A8Y8, AY8 and Y8 bitmaps
-All above formats are now available in normal mode and batch extraction
-Unknown31 formats are now viewable in advanced mode

=======================================================

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 02:20 AM    Msg. 188 of 1188       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Fantastic work. If only past "programmers" had your great sharing mentality! What a world we would have!

Lodex, grow up and stop taking jabs at people. I know it must make you feel better about yourself, but at some point you have to stop being a child.

I actually gave him some information that helped him to figure out what he was doing wrong.

The_Arbiter

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 07:38 AM    Msg. 189 of 1188       
when i open the new formats in photoshop they are black but the old ones are not

Gravemind

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 07:44 AM    Msg. 190 of 1188       
Not all the formats are supported as DDS, but as TIF they should work fine.

The_Arbiter

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 07:50 AM    Msg. 191 of 1188       
Is there anything you can do to get the cubemaps fully extractable.

Gravemind

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 08:14 AM    Msg. 192 of 1188       
No, not at this point.

TM_updates

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 12:23 PM    Msg. 193 of 1188       
Damn Shadow, I wasn't even talking to you xD
Let it go man, let it go.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 12:33 PM    Msg. 194 of 1188       
I know! Clearly you were talking about that other programmer guy who you spend half a thread arguing with about how he doesn't share.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 04:19 PM    Msg. 195 of 1188       
great work so far Gravemind! cant wait to check this all out once i can access my computer again

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 04:39 PM    Msg. 196 of 1188       
Please,get back on topic,guys.

TM_updates

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 07:16 PM    Msg. 197 of 1188       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I know! Clearly you were talking about that other programmer guy who you spend half a thread arguing with about how he doesn't share.

Damn you're such a moron Masterz :p
I was merely applauding the change in mentality of recent programmers, if you and Shadow seek an argument behind that then that just means you guys are looking for trouble where there isn't any.

Although if you feel targeted for some reason, then take this as a lesson in life. Sharing and helping people gets you somewhere, creating nice things and hording it is really just dumb and will keep you at bay :-)

It's safe to say that Gravemind is getting alot of thanks and respect for his work and his mentality, if you guys somehow feel "attacked" by that then look in the mirror and ask yourself why you feel attacked. I did not mention any names nor did I try to instigate an argument :-)

Long answer short: deal with it! Don't hate the poster, hate the post's content :-)
Edited by TM_updates on Aug 31, 2012 at 07:25 PM

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 09:04 PM    Msg. 198 of 1188       
I was merely applauding the change in mentality of recent programmers, if you and Shadow seek an argument behind that then that just means you guys are looking for trouble where there isn't any.

You weren't applauding anything. Yet again you are living in a dream world and making up lies to make yourself seem right. You stated "If only past "programmers" had your great sharing mentality!". You were not applauding anyone, you were criticizing other programmers, and I have no doubt that it was a direct jab at myself. You did not even know at that point I had given him some information, so how were you applauding anyone? Are you that afraid to own up to what you truly meant? If so, I suppose you will come back calling me an idiot or a moron, further reinforcing the idea that you need to grow up and stop acting like a child.

Although if you feel targeted for some reason, then take this as a lesson in life. Sharing and helping people gets you somewhere, creating nice things and hording it is really just dumb and will keep you at bay :-)

Another jab, grow up. You are not high on top of some moral pedestal, it's quite the opposite in my opinion.

It's safe to say that Gravemind is getting alot of thanks and respect for his work and his mentality, if you guys somehow feel "attacked" by that then look in the mirror and ask yourself why you feel attacked. I did not mention any names nor did I try to instigate an argument :-)

See above, that was clearly a jab at others, including myself.

Long answer short: deal with it! Don't hate the poster, hate the post's content :-)

That makes no sense, there would be no content if it wasn't for the poster.
Edited by ShadowSpartan on Aug 31, 2012 at 09:07 PM

The_Arbiter

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 10:57 PM    Msg. 199 of 1188       
uh ok.

Gravemind

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 11:06 PM    Msg. 200 of 1188       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
I was wondering.. will you try to mke some more models extract-able? I would love to get the skies but I get errors when I import the EMFs.

I think those errors might be due to the sky models being so big, but I don't have the source of the EMF import script to see where it's going wrong, or to make any improvements on it.

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 05:06 AM    Msg. 201 of 1188       
Quote: --- Original message by: ShadowSpartan

You weren't applauding anything. Yet again you are living in a dream world and making up lies to make yourself seem right. You stated "If only past "programmers" had your great sharing mentality!". You were not applauding anyone, you were criticizing other programmers, and I have no doubt that it was a direct jab at myself. You did not even know at that point I had given him some information, so how were you applauding anyone? Are you that afraid to own up to what you truly meant? If so, I suppose you will come back calling me an idiot or a moron, further reinforcing the idea that you need to grow up and stop acting like a child.

Another jab, grow up. You are not high on top of some moral pedestal, it's quite the opposite in my opinion.

See above, that was clearly a jab at others, including myself.

That makes no sense, there would be no content if it wasn't for the poster.
Edited by ShadowSpartan on Aug 31, 2012 at 09:07 PM

Why do you keep seperately quoting things from such a short post. I had already divided my post into alineas, which should have made it easy for you to reply to my post alinea per alinea, instead of having to create a messy quoting job.

Because of your messy post, I will not bother to clean it up.

I will teach you something about human psychology by means of an example. By means of your example.

What happens when Shadey enters this thread? He sees a post by Lodeman, and before even having read his post his blood already starts boiling a little bit, because Shadey does not like the Lodeman despite his pattented awesomeness. This puts Shadey in a negative state of mind.

Next Shadey starts actualy reading Lodeman's post. But due to his negative state of mind he immediately interprets Lodeman's post as a personal attack, despite the fact that all Lodeman's post was adressing was that in general, it was too bad that most past programmers did not have other people have nice things. Even though there is nothing wrong with that post. Just like there is nothing wrong with wishing there was world peace.

No jabs, its just human psychology 101. I think my first reply spoke for itself, if you felt attacked by my post then it is very simply due to your own state of mind, and your own thoughts about yourself (since you linked the description of the post to your own principles apparently, note that this is clear by you replying in an angry way, and that these are not actually my words despite the ironic fact that I am indeed typing these very words).

In conclusion I think it's safe to say that Shadeys gonna shade.

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 11:19 AM    Msg. 202 of 1188       
Why do you keep seperately quoting things from such a short post. I had already divided my post into alineas, which should have made it easy for you to reply to my post alinea per alinea, instead of having to create a messy quoting job.

Because each piece deserved its own reply.

Because of your messy post, I will not bother to clean it up.

I will teach you something about human psychology by means of an example. By means of your example.

What happens when Shadey enters this thread? He sees a post by Lodeman, and before even having read his post his blood already starts boiling a little bit, because Shadey does not like the Lodeman despite his pattented awesomeness. This puts Shadey in a negative state of mind.

Next Shadey starts actualy reading Lodeman's post. But due to his negative state of mind he immediately interprets Lodeman's post as a personal attack, despite the fact that all Lodeman's post was adressing was that in general, it was too bad that most past programmers did not have other people have nice things. Even though there is nothing wrong with that post. Just like there is nothing wrong with wishing there was world peace.

No jabs, its just human psychology 101. I think my first reply spoke for itself, if you felt attacked by my post then it is very simply due to your own state of mind, and your own thoughts about yourself (since you linked the description of the post to your own principles apparently, note that this is clear by you replying in an angry way, and that these are not actually my words despite the ironic fact that I am indeed typing these very words).

In conclusion I think it's safe to say that Shadeys gonna shade.

Yet again, you do not acknowledge my post where I clearly caught you in a lie. You know exactly what you meant, but rather than own up to it, you yet again come up with some elaborate excuse as to why you are right and I am wrong. That was a jab at me and other programmers, simple as that, there was no other reason to make that post.

Lodex, I am really tired of your stubborn and childish posts. You will never admit when you are clearly wrong, so have fun acting like a stubborn child.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 11:24 AM    Msg. 203 of 1188       
YOUR ALL CHAV'S!!!

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 11:43 AM    Msg. 204 of 1188       
Stop shading bro.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 06:41 PM    Msg. 205 of 1188       
Gravemind, regarding mono alpha images, I don't believe they are supposed to be that dark. To me what it looks like with mono alpha images is that the specular has been merged with the diffuse together and then more more darkened.(just look at the normal elite_fp diffuse [not mp version]).

Also, it appears that the mp_elite_fp diffuse bitmaps have the blue and alpha channel switched.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Sep 1, 2012 at 06:54 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 06:52 PM    Msg. 206 of 1188       
:O awesome job you did there, i tried it.

Maybe we can hope for a better extraction of the particles in further versions ? I'd love tp reuse them :D

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 07:00 PM    Msg. 207 of 1188       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
A lot of the particles are extractable now actually, some of the contrails are still missing, but most of the flash/energy particles are good to go.

And I'm making some new energy sword anims...

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 07:07 PM    Msg. 208 of 1188       
Also I believe that the monitor diffuse is missing some color data. Right now it's all monochrome. Reason I believe it should have some color in the diffuse is because the destroyed monitor diffuse has color, which should be more the same for the normal monitor diffuse.

Gravemind

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 07:48 PM    Msg. 209 of 1188       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1

Gravemind, regarding mono alpha images, I don't believe they are supposed to be that dark. To me what it looks like with mono alpha images is that the specular has been merged with the diffuse together and then more more darkened.(just look at the normal elite_fp diffuse [not mp version]).

Also, it appears that the mp_elite_fp diffuse bitmaps have the blue and alpha channel switched.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Sep 1, 2012 at 06:54 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
Also I believe that the monitor diffuse is missing some color data. Right now it's all monochrome. Reason I believe it should have some color in the diffuse is because the destroyed monitor diffuse has color, which should be more the same for the normal monitor diffuse.

From what I can tell, the DXN_mono_alpha bitmaps are extracting properly. I know the monitor looks really dark, but as far as I can tell that's how it's meant to be. The "mono" in the name reflects that these bitmaps are mono coloured, so that's why the monitor is all grey and lacks colour. In a normal DXN bitmap only the red and green channels are saved, and the blue is re-calculated when it's needed. In the mono alpha images, instead of a red and green channel it saves a mono and an alpha channel, so its meant to be monochrome.
Edited by Gravemind on Sep 1, 2012 at 07:49 PM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 07:52 PM    Msg. 210 of 1188       
Alrighty. Thanks for the info!

(But you still might want to fix the mp_elite_fp_arm_diffuse bitmap. The blue channel and alpha channel are flipped)
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Sep 1, 2012 at 07:52 PM

Page 6 of 34 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · ... · 34 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 28, 2020 12:24 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website