A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log.

Page 1 of 9 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Next
Author Topic: Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. (285 messages, Page 1 of 9)
Moderators: Dennis

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 11:58 PM    Msg. 1 of 285       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saFUAJJQyDk&list=UUqyFTJ-DEPim9vwGOlPx6Lw&index=1&feature=plcp

For anyone who cares, you can watch various updates on things I'm doing for this game. I will submit a new progress log hopefully atleast once every couple of weeks, tune into my channel for some cool things popping up. I may post some pictures here aswell. Thank you!

-Ki11a_FTW

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 03:27 AM    Msg. 2 of 285       
Awesome shaders and stuff. As usual. :P

Gravemind

sucks and is talentless

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 05:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 285       
holy crap... that looks as good as CEA...

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 06:54 AM    Msg. 4 of 285       
For the first video i have seen of you. I LOVE THAT ! The one thing i don't really like is the elite shield :)

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 07:32 AM    Msg. 5 of 285       
Ignoring the visuals(Which are great), that duel gameplay looks great.

A good bossfight like that is what I hope is done well in most campaigns, including SPV3. Credit to TM, it's the kind of quality of fights that can easily be expected from Lumoria, and which unfortunately hasn't yet been displayed by CMT.

Will this elite fight actually be any in campaign of your own or is it merely a demo?

Edited by Jaz on Aug 21, 2012 at 07:33 AM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 08:36 AM    Msg. 6 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier
For the first video i have seen of you. I LOVE THAT ! The one thing i don't really like is the elite shield :)

The elite shield has gone through many reworks. Eventually I'm going to make it more color specific (red elites will have a red shield, etc)

Also, the elite was voice by me.

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Ignoring the visuals(Which are great), that duel gameplay looks great.

A good bossfight like that is what I hope is done well in most campaigns, including SPV3. Credit to TM, it's the kind of quality of fights that can easily be expected from Lumoria, and which unfortunately hasn't yet been displayed by CMT.

Will this elite fight actually be any in campaign of your own or is it merely a demo?

Edited by Jaz on Aug 21, 2012 at 07:33 AM

If I do get any of my BSP's ingame, for a solo map, I would like to include some kind of bossfight. However I was thinking about making a new covenant biped that is larger than the hunter. A bossfight for an elite is always possible too though

As some of you know I am apart of CMT and they will be using a lot of my stuff.

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Aug 21, 2012 at 08:42 AM

darksoldier

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 01:37 PM    Msg. 7 of 285       
I like the visual effect, the water looking pretty awesome. I love the islands you added in the sea ! You voice actor is very nice too. Yeah i will repeat the one little things i don't really like ( little ^^) is the shield, i think if you do an elite shield like in reach or cmt spv3's elite, that's would be great !

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 10:20 PM    Msg. 8 of 285       
I haven't gotten a chance to really study the shield for reach's elite. I have many spv3 maps with the newest elites but I'm gonna go for something a little different. Remember, this is a "Progress Log", so its all a WIP

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 12:48 AM    Msg. 9 of 285       
Looking forward to see what custom SP work you come up with :-)

darksoldier

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 07:26 AM    Msg. 10 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I haven't gotten a chance to really study the shield for reach's elite. I have many spv3 maps with the newest elites but I'm gonna go for something a little different. Remember, this is a "Progress Log", so its all a WIP

Yeah i know ^^ I repeat, it's beautiful work there! Nice job !

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 04:48 AM    Msg. 11 of 285       
Sorry for the lack of videos, I am very anal about my tags, and I try not to show much until I have everything top notch. Things are getting close, this should suffice though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXxjBX9lQC0&feature=plcp
Make sure you read the description for details.

Once all these damn tags are finish, I have a longg road ahead of me in photoshop/max with BSP layouts, and gameplay tests.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2012 at 04:52 AM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 05:06 AM    Msg. 12 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: FX0042
Nice song on the video.

That is actually playing from the hog it's self ;) for you all who are to lazy to read the description the hog has a radio feature that plays multiple different tracks.

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 06:59 AM    Msg. 13 of 285       

Sorry for the lack of videos, I am very anal about my tags, and I try not to show much until I have everything top notch. Things are getting close, this should suffice though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXxjBX9lQC0&feature=plcp
Make sure you read the description for details.

Once all these damn tags are finish, I have a longg road ahead of me in photoshop/max with BSP layouts, and gameplay tests.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2012 at 04:52 AM

I like it. You should release that map when it's "done" even if it's just a test map.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 04:06 PM    Msg. 14 of 285       
Eh, maybe when I actually release a map with my tags ill throw it in there for whoever wants to play around.

The Lodeman

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 04:37 PM    Msg. 15 of 285       
Eh, maybe when I actually release a map with my tags ill throw it in there for whoever wants to play around.

When I invest into a new computer I'd like to give that level a whirl along with OS.
Also, you working on any custom maps you can/want to talk about? Just curious (as I do indeed recall ages ago you had been experimenting with custom levels).

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 04:58 PM    Msg. 16 of 285       
@master 34: I plan on releasing my entire tagset to the public once eventually.

Everything is neatly organized into one folder so once it goes public, it's just a simple click and drag.

The tagset is OS specific though, but if you're in check with that, you're looking not only at a full HD Halo 1 tagset/along side of some improvements, (A fully classic HD tagset will require a few modifications here and there) And then other tags from more recent Halo games, set up and compiled.
I think you guys will take a large interest in the AI. The Elites have atleast 20 new animations, for example, opening a lot of doors to new combat engagement than the previous as seen in Halo 1

Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman

When I invest into a new computer I'd like to give that level a whirl along with OS.
Also, you working on any custom maps you can/want to talk about? Just curious (as I do indeed recall ages ago you had been experimenting with custom levels).

Right now with Halo's outdated MP, I'm staying a way from that. Single player is what I'm looking at, ATM, I've spent long days trying to plan out a series of missions that are pretty simple-tasked, yet well executed.
I already started on a New Mombasa type BSP, that is taking a lot of inspiration from Halo ODST and Reach. I also have started going over some other missions that would take place after that, that would make you feel lost and alone in a huge world, and with some marine presence of course. All of this has just been taking me so long, because it's me only. I knew from the very beginning I wanted to focus on visual appeal, so I thought Halo 3/and Reach would do the trick for that. I simply do not have the time to go all modeling,animating and texturing a million tags by myself.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 05:02 PM    Msg. 17 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: master 34
wen do you plan on releasing the stuff

When I release a map to the public with the tags or if it goes dead.

The Lodeman

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 05:05 PM    Msg. 18 of 285       

The tagset is OS specific though, but if you're in check with that, you're looking not only at a full HD Halo 1 tagset/along side of some improvements.

Wow man, where were you when we were making Lumoria? That would have been a fantastic addition and a prime reason to use OS.

Anyways, looking forward to your SP levels. I'm not very much into Halo MP myself either :-)
Good luck!

Goldy De Wise

time to float

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 06:17 PM    Msg. 19 of 285       
All of this looks great! Excellent work. ;-)

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 09:55 PM    Msg. 20 of 285       
^Yes

Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman

The tagset is OS specific though, but if you're in check with that, you're looking not only at a full HD Halo 1 tagset/along side of some improvements.

Wow man, where were you when we were making Lumoria? That would have been a fantastic addition and a prime reason to use OS.

Anyways, looking forward to your SP levels. I'm not very much into Halo MP myself either :-)
Good luck!

unfortunately I was only just starting my work when Lumoria Episode 2 was beginning development. However if the team wants me to slip in the HD tags one day for a OS version, id be happy too.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2012 at 09:56 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 10:11 PM    Msg. 21 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
I'm gonna get pissed if I can't get OS to work again before you release this.

I'm hoping to see some kind of release by spring/summer. HOPING. Stupid sh** happens sometimes.

Nickster5000

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 11:56 PM    Msg. 22 of 285       
Very nice. Some advice, though. If you plan on releasing, you should release the tags raw, not in a map, because since they're OS, the shader_model_extensions do not rip properly out of HEK+, and they are corrupt in OS.

But still... man... awesome shaders.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 10:04 PM    Msg. 23 of 285       
he is d00d hes gunna relse delta halo campein tomorrw

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 10:46 PM    Msg. 24 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex

lol, this is the most anyone is ever gonna see of that map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9feKzx16lZY&list=UUqyFTJ-DEPim9vwGOlPx6Lw&index=26&feature=plcp

if anyone that tested still has the .map, then i'll release it. I look through some maps in HEK+ and I see my deltahalo tag directory in a few, so it makes me wonder.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:07 PM    Msg. 25 of 285       
just plz by god release the tags soon

Man, people are way to desperate! They will come one day don't worry. I went through a lot of work making this content for you guys to eventually enjoy. I hooked my xbox up to my recording system, and recorded all of the new Halo sounds INDIVIDUALLY, ranging from material effect sounds to engines and gunfire, I'm sure someone here could do that if they wanted to make a sound release. It'll all be released when its finished, at one time;). Johnson is in there too, don't make the man angry.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:13 PM    Msg. 26 of 285       
take your time, quality is priority

KingFisher

Creativity is the main element of level design.

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:17 PM    Msg. 27 of 285       
I have many spv3 maps with the newest elites

I have this feelin' that your a cocky prick.

You know, keeping words like these to yourself can help you get along with others.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:17 PM    Msg. 28 of 285       

you are very quick to judge..

your behavior is less than admirable as well.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:30 PM    Msg. 29 of 285       

Even though you made that quote, I do have many SPV3 maps and the best elites. Are you gonna get them? No. I'm not cocky. I'm posting things here so you all know what is coming and so I can get criticism. Like i said, hard work went into these tags, and they'll be out all at once.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:37 PM    Msg. 30 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex

lol, this is the most anyone is ever gonna see of that map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9feKzx16lZY&list=UUqyFTJ-DEPim9vwGOlPx6Lw&index=26&feature=plcp

if anyone that tested still has the .map, then i'll release it. I look through some maps in HEK+ and I see my deltahalo tag directory in a few, so it makes me wonder.

nice choice of music, barely watched the vid was too busy singing along and playing air guitar :P

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:50 PM    Msg. 31 of 285       

not you not you Ki11erFTW i ment silent jacket silly lol i wouldnt say that to you look at all the graphic and work you put into why would i call you a cocky idiot lol EDIT: o lol i fought you ment i said it to you lol
Edited by master 34 on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I could possibly start a very long argument on morality and humility, but I have better things to do on the internet...

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 05:00 AM    Msg. 32 of 285       
How do you record videos using OS ?

BobtheGreatII

Meh

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 11:42 AM    Msg. 33 of 285       
Maybe he used Fraps and edited it to remove the fraps website on top in the video.

If you have the full version of Fraps it doesn't add the website to the top.

Just saying.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 03:01 PM    Msg. 34 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: BOBTHEGREATTHE2ND
Maybe he used Fraps and edited it to remove the fraps website on top in the video.

If you have the full version of Fraps it doesn't add the website to the top.

Just saying.

^

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 03:44 PM    Msg. 35 of 285       
lol ^ what your doing good just bandicam is better then fraps fraps make you lag or move slower bandicam uses alot less fps keep up the good work on your yelo open suace tags
cant wait to see it released :D just cant wait

Thank you. Fraps is actually good if you have a high-end computer. (Well these days itd be medium end). I experience no FPS with fraps.

Page 1 of 9 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 15, 2018 8:21 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website