A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log.

Page 5 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. (285 messages, Page 5 of 9)
Moderators: Dennis

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 01:05 AM    Msg. 141 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
So unfortunately(or maybe fortunately to some people), I have to switch to the h3 weapon models for now due to the amount of polies being rendered at one time

have you tried optimizing instead of porting them as-is?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 01:14 AM    Msg. 142 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
So unfortunately(or maybe fortunately to some people), I have to switch to the h3 weapon models for now due to the amount of polies being rendered at one time

have you tried optimizing instead of porting them as-is?

If I do for whatever reason decide to go back with some reach weapons, I will not release any maps with 3p models being 10000+ triangles. I promise that, but at the time I have other things to focus on rather then optimizing models. I'm also still trying to get a general feel of which weapons should be included to balance everything out. (For example the BR was cut ages ago, and now it is back at the moment). It's still to early to tell, but it won't be half-assed on release if I do include some reach weaponry.

E: Not trying to rip of Z-team either. If it makes you happy:

Project K11 members:
Ki11a_FTW
Notzac

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Apr 19, 2013 at 01:16 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 01:28 AM    Msg. 143 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: AintNobodyGotTimeForThat6
Quote: --- Original message by: AintNobodyGotTimeForThat6
Project K11 is:
Ki11a_FTW
NotZac

Zteam rip-off... and your tag arrangement is awful, you forgot how to originality.

You must be retarded.

OrangeJuice

Thingies.

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 01:29 AM    Msg. 144 of 285       
Mentally unstable like a fox!

Bobblehob

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 01:29 AM    Msg. 145 of 285       
Another reincarnation of the same dumbass troll, just ignore him.

AllySuzumiya

"Kotae wa itsumo watashi no mune ni.."

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 11:24 AM    Msg. 146 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
So how did you get that energy sword to glow like that?

I was gunna ask the same thing.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 03:31 PM    Msg. 147 of 285       
Why don't you make LODs ?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 03:50 AM    Msg. 148 of 285       
A few of the lines I recorded for the Elite, not sure if these will make it in, considering at the time I recorded these, the mod was set to take place in the Halo 2-3 Era, thus english speaking elites. The reversed lines may make an appearance, however I am not happy with some of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgX4UZqFpg

I'm also happy to say that a long time old buddy, and once one of the best single player mappers I have ever known has joined Project K11. The person who originally got warthog drivers working, and a lot of great other unreleased work:

Adumbass

We have worked together in the past, but we have both grown and learned a lot since those days, which will hopefully end up in a even more solid final product.

Project K11 is:

Ki11a_FTW
NotZac
Adumbass

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Apr 27, 2013 at 02:43 AM

Goldy De Wise

time to float

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 02:09 AM    Msg. 149 of 285       
Let the games begin.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 02:57 AM    Msg. 150 of 285       
I guess it's time to post some progress.

Halo Composition is the official name of the mod.

Heres a picture from level 3.

The Lich will make an appearence in the mod.

Animations you ask?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTMD2Aj3xQo
Theres an animation.

The Blind Wolf will make its debut appearence in the mod.

Cinematic content

It's all WIP but, it's gettin there.

Awaiting on zac to finish his gorgeous structures on level 1, in the mean time I have been sculpting new faces for the main characters.

*cough* Dennis Powers needs to voice act for us *cough*

Any questions regarding the mod I'll be happy to answer.

Visit www.youtube.com/epkilla
God loved you all, we'll be back.

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 16, 2013 at 06:30 AM

Nickster5000

Sector 09 RR: 2017

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 03:40 AM    Msg. 151 of 285       
*Tears of joy*

Pure beauty, right there. Inspires me to make something now!

You should do some tutorials, you have awesome skills!

Hope to see this project finished!

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 06:16 AM    Msg. 152 of 285       
If someone could list some suggestions on what they need tutorials on, I'd consider it!

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 06:29 AM    Msg. 153 of 285       
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 16, 2013 at 03:02 AM

So this is a 3 mission singleplayer campaign? Forgive me for not reading the whole thread.
Looks like great progress, do you have a synopsis of the story or are you still working that out?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 07:15 AM    Msg. 154 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kozakuu
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 16, 2013 at 03:02 AM

So this is a 3 mission singleplayer campaign? Forgive me for not reading the whole thread.
Looks like great progress, do you have a synopsis of the story or are you still working that out?

We have multiple missions in-mind. Taking you from a small human colony, to outer space, and on another Halo Installation.

I think the mission count is 7ish right now? I don't have my documents infront of me, but a lot of things hit the cutting board so it gets hard to remember. More will most likely hit the cutting board.

We do have more then half of the story planned out. Like Halo 4, it all revolves around one UNSC Frigate. After and before most missions, you will end up back at the ship.

Initially the project started with a lot of levels with short gameplay time, kind of like Spartan Ops. Eventually we grew to turn around on that idea, and wanted to make something classic similar Halo Combat Evolved, and some bits and pieces from the newer games.

For example, each mission's BSP is just waiting to be explored. You could go straight through a building, from point A to point B. The next time you play, maybe you'll notice that some of the doors inside that building open, maybe you'll notice an entire encounter you didn't get to see previously and a shotgun with some ammo. Or maybe you'll encounter a room with some backstory.

The ambition is big. Especially the first level which resembles A30 and Winter Contingency. You will have a great feeling of freedom and multiple ways to go upon completing your objectives.

We are still looking for help by the way. Anyone who is good at modeling BSP's, objects or any of that would be of great value to us. Along with some concept artists. Right now it's just me and one other guy, who is really busy lately. I have also had some great artists contribute some beautiful assets, such as Disaster, CMT and a few others.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 16, 2013 at 07:16 AM

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 10:05 AM    Msg. 155 of 285       
while i love to explore in games, there is one part of this that devs often forget. the difference between exploring and getting lost, is labeling. it could be something small, like a large pool of blood on a floor, or a few covenant crate, maybe a distant billboard, or even a sniper rifle shoved through a wall. or it could be something more notable, like "engine room >" or "<A B>" or even an npc who says he's going somewhere, and walks that way. anyway, what i'm trying to say is, "i'd love to explore the beauty and intricacy of your level, but make sure it's exploring, not wandering around".

Nickster5000

Sector 09 RR: 2017

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 12:26 PM    Msg. 156 of 285       
If someone could list some suggestions on what they need tutorials on, I'd consider it!

Well, I would love to know how you use those bloom effects & your modeling / unwrapping techniques.

Good luck dude!
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 16, 2013 at 01:56 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 12:35 PM    Msg. 157 of 285       
Killa, one thing you are going to instantly realize is that making 7 custom missions that have a consistent amount of quality control is going to be a very long, boring, and dreadful process. You will overtime become bored of it, and it will take years to complete. This is coming from experience, by the way. It's great to have alot of ambition, but don't aim so high at first. You should first be looking at what you are your team can actually make in a reasonable amount of time. Don't pull a CMT.

Secondly, there is a ridiculous amount of bloom over everything. Please tone it down if you can...

Lastly, you should really only post stuff when you have a substantial amount of content to show off, and also in a professional and good looking manner. You will attract much more attention that way. Take note of CMT's vidoc's, Lumoria's many updates, or even the Flood Campaigns updates as well, as these are all good examples of how updates should be shown and done I find personally.

solitude

chfan

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 01:51 PM    Msg. 158 of 285       

I guess it's time to post some progress.

Heres a picture from level 3.
http://imageshack.us/a/img11/7360/zgh2.jpg

The Lich will make an appearence in the mod.
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/707/lichinside.jpg

Animations you ask?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTMD2Aj3xQo
Theres an animation.

The Blind Wolf will make its debut appearence in the mod.
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/3497/dtti.png

Cinematic content
http://imageshack.us/a/img208/44/ywjq.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/7731/0ta8.jpg

It's all WIP but, it's gettin there.

Awaiting on zac to finish his gorgeous structures on level 1, in the mean time I have been sculpting new faces for the main characters.

*cough* Dennis Powers needs to voice act for us *cough*

Any questions regarding the mod I'll be happy to answer.

Visit www.youtube.com/epkilla
God loved you all, we'll be back.

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 16, 2013 at 06:30 AM

You will need to detail the blindwolf.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 05:48 PM    Msg. 159 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Killa, one thing you are going to instantly realize is that making 7 custom missions that have a consistent amount of quality control is going to be a very long, boring, and dreadful process. You will overtime become bored of it, and it will take years to complete. This is coming from experience, by the way. It's great to have alot of ambition, but don't aim so high at first. You should first be looking at what you are your team can actually make in a reasonable amount of time. Don't pull a CMT.

Secondly, there is a ridiculous amount of bloom over everything. Please tone it down if you can...

Lastly, you should really only post stuff when you have a substantial amount of content to show off, and also in a professional and good looking manner. You will attract much more attention that way. Take note of CMT's vidoc's, Lumoria's many updates, or even the Flood Campaigns updates as well, as these are all good examples of how updates should be shown and done I find personally.

Thank you for the concern. Anyway, this is still under the table stuff. Once it goes official (which I plan too release a trailer). Then you'll see a new thread and a moddb page with proper labeled images and renders. This thread is still just a "progress log", of what has been completed.

The aim is for 7 missions, it has already been 2 years in the making. However our focus now is levels1 and 3. No other level has began development. Level 2 will either be cut or sort of an add on later on (trust me). I would love to release a whole 7 mission campaign however, we all know what happens to these things. People get busy, lose files, disappear, etc. So I'm telling you now, you can completely expect episodic .yelos to be released individually. If progress goes good, expect a 3 level release.

We are not black mesa or CMT, as I have respect for both parties, but I'd like for this project to be more open to public eye and provide all source tags as well.

Speaking of source tags I made an anniversary sound pack. If anyone is interested I will upload.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 06:11 PM    Msg. 160 of 285       
I have faith that this project will be completed in one way or another.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 07:50 PM    Msg. 161 of 285       
Indeed, although I do wonder what happened to is Delta Halo project... It's been so long that I forget, but I think it was canceled.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 08:21 PM    Msg. 162 of 285       
The source files got lost on my old Dell Pentium 4 when the HD went lol. It was actually in a release-able state however there was not much back story and 0 custom dialogue. If you open one of the maps from this mod in HEK+ you can actually find the 5 year old directory that was once delta halo, but thats only because I remembered the name of someones .map on halomaps who got ahold of a build and ripped all of the assets.

I'd also like to mention that I have repaired halo PC's broken fog system. If you look at a video of C10 on xbox vs PC you'll know what I mean.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 16, 2013 at 08:22 PM

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 08:40 PM    Msg. 163 of 285       
Speaking of source tags I made an anniversary sound pack. If anyone is interested I will upload.

Sounds interesting.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 09:16 PM    Msg. 164 of 285       
http://www.wikiupload.com/3N0FI4W1H1L7JLL

There may be some missing, like the shotgun. Very little vehicle sounds at the moment. I also included some example shaders. One shader_model that is designed off of a "Shellac" material I made in max, another is a shader_environment that is used on the cliffs on the b30 you saw awhile ago.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 11:20 PM    Msg. 165 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: ActivatedTrapCard
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Indeed, although I do wonder what happened to is Delta Halo project... It's been so long that I forget, but I think it was canceled.

Delta Halo on Halo CE didn't actually exist. It was just a figment of your imagination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a6iYM3NpG8

it was totally a figment of his imagination

space zombie

Posted: Nov 17, 2013 04:15 PM    Msg. 166 of 285       
you should help with some of CMT'S stuff this project looks really cool

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 19, 2013 07:45 AM    Msg. 167 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: ActivatedTrapCard
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Delta Halo on Halo CE didn't actually exist. It was just a figment of your imagination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a6iYM3NpG8

it was totally a figment of his imagination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9feKzx16lZY
ftfy

also, CMT and I have an agreement. They are free to use any work being developed for my project, as I am able to use theirs as well if needed. I have assisted in making new jackal animations and had a big helping hand in the visuals of a30. Obviously I can't spend much time making stuff for them but I like to help out now and then.

Conscars

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 12:38 AM    Msg. 168 of 285       
That video gives me the feels.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 12:41 AM    Msg. 169 of 285       
You give me the feels.

Anyway, I thought some of you guys would be fascinated by this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdV8LtFpZ7s&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqyFTJ-DEPim9vwGOlPx6Lw

It's very buggy, a worth-while test that will never see the light of day in any official maps by the team.

space zombie

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 10:30 PM    Msg. 170 of 285       
do you have a beta map coming out for this? this is real cool stuff

keep up the good work!!!

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Nov 21, 2013 10:36 AM    Msg. 171 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: ftsshot

You give me the feels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdV8LtFpZ7s&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqyFTJ-DEPim9vwGOlPx6Lw

It's very buggy, a worth-while test that will never see the light of day in any official maps by the team.

You will need to fix you're damn blindwolf.

I hate the feet, legs and body and it's damn low poly. Oh wait you copied bungies work..

can't you come up anything yourself?

(Embrassing!)

Edited by ftsshot on Nov 21, 2013 at 07:48 AM

I wouldn't expect you to actually think so I may have to explain it to you...

Let's say he did copy Bungie's work.

Let's say that he did.

Now, think why it's low-poly. Why? Because if he did try to copy Bungie, then he would have to do it low poly, because that is what it looked like. With this in mind, what he did would be a damn good job.

Why, he even made it low-poly, like Bungie did. Same general appearance, same low-poly look.

Grade A recreation right there.
Edited by Dumb AI on Nov 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 21, 2013 11:29 AM    Msg. 172 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: ftsshot

You give me the feels.

You will need to fix you're damn blindwolf.

I hate the feet, legs and body and it's damn low poly. Oh wait you copied bungies work..

can't you come up anything yourself?

(Embrassing!)

Edited by ftsshot on Nov 21, 2013 at 07:48 AM

I can acknowledge the legs in the picture shown are a little short/inaccurate and have recently been fixed.

The model was developed to blend in nicely with h1/h2 assets and was indeed 100% referenced from bungies pictures of it. It would be absurd for me to make a 10k low poly for something that will only be making a cameo appearance in the mod. On release you will be supplied with the base mesh I used to sculpt it. If you still don't like it, take a shot at it yourself!

sshers4

Posted: Nov 23, 2013 08:53 PM    Msg. 173 of 285       
I am so eager somebody is making another blindwolf! And everybody discontinue arguing at least this model look close up to Bungies effort however my one is custom blindwolf I didnít even want to build it original. At least he complete it correctly and you have to be pleased about his model because his one does look like one in the concept. I have to admit this model will appear enhanced than my one for the reason that his one is original. It just needs progress thatís all.
Good job. I canít wait to include youíre original blindwolf on my map and my custom blindwolf . Damn I am going to see how they going to battle.

Keep up the high-quality work.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Nov 26, 2013 01:44 AM    Msg. 174 of 285       
Because you're referencing a scripted tech demo for a game released in 2001.

Caesar

Posted: Nov 26, 2013 05:21 PM    Msg. 175 of 285       
Any news about the blindwolf?

Page 5 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed January 17, 2018 10:50 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website