A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log.

Page 6 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. (285 messages, Page 6 of 9)
Moderators: Dennis

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 26, 2013 06:10 PM    Msg. 176 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: caeserishome
Any news about the blindwolf?

No news atm, they are ready to be rigged but I have been focused on some other things lately. They will be done soon, the hardest part of its development is over.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 05:36 AM    Msg. 177 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
You sure that animating the Blindwolf isn't the hardest part?

The project so far has added hundreds of new animations for all characters. I can't say that I am the best animator ever, but I have learned a lot through trial and error (I have been animating since 2005), and third person animations have become another one of my stronger fields.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 08:02 PM    Msg. 178 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Renderpity
Using OS and your map looks that bad? Just stop.

If you're talking about the first picture with the buildings, that is the skybox, the BSP is still completely untextured. Please, if you think I can improve, list what I am doing wrong.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 08:19 PM    Msg. 179 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

If you're talking about the first picture with the buildings, that is the skybox, the BSP is still completely untextured. Please, if you think I can improve, list what I am doing wrong.

This is why you don't post WIP's like that. You make an actual decent post of your project with pictures that don't look highly in the works...

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 08:36 PM    Msg. 180 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

This is why you don't post WIP's like that. You make an actual decent post of your project with pictures that don't look highly in the works...

Isn't this why lumoria looks half finished?

I respect where you all are coming from, yes I should have noted that the BSP in the first picture was not textured. Just trying to let people know the project is still going.

Point out problems, I will fix them. It would be absurd for me to show no progress at all until the final stages it is called a, WIP for a reason.

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2013 at 08:41 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 08:43 PM    Msg. 181 of 285       
You don't get it do you? It's not about my abilities, its about your's. I AM pointing about a problem by the way. Your posting habits. I've said it before but I'll say it again.

You don't show half-assed screenshots and pictures of WIP's that are not presentable. Get them to a presentable stage that you are actually happy with, and then we will take it from there. Don't be showing pictures where you can see all of 3ds max's tools, background stuff going on your pc, untextured items, and stuff that generally just looks bad. Obviously we all know you are better than that, so why not show it? There is a different between a work in progress and something that is actually presentable. While both are obviously things you can critquie, one is going to have far less issues than the other.

Also, its not like people were asking all the time on the forums if your project was still being worked on. You could have waited and used the motivation of knowing that you'll get satisfaction of showing off your project to make your bsps/models/whatever look a lot better and make a better, more coherent and concise post illustrating what you are attempting to do. You will get far more attention and praise that way compared to posting a few sloppy posts and pictures.

It would be absurd for me to show no progress at all until the final stages it is called a WIP for a reason.

Please see: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=44579

see that post for a few more details.
Edited by Higuy on Nov 27, 2013 at 08:44 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 09:01 PM    Msg. 182 of 285       
@higuy

I am not looking for a professional to come into this thread and start going through everything. It was a post to simply revive the thread. What you're saying makes sense to a degree, however I have already posted the pics, if you think I shoulden't have posted them, Great, thats your opinion. You are not a professional of anykind , nor is anyone worth wile going to dig through the pile of crap in these forums. If I was looking for any kind of professional recognition I would be posting my work elsewhere as well.

The very few people on this site who are actually looking to see something they are interested in being developed may have been happy to know that progress is in-course and work is getting completed. I know I have a small-degree of people who follow my work and progress.

I want to make a new thread on multiple sites dedicated to the project, and that is something that will be planned very carefully.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 09:18 PM    Msg. 183 of 285       
Killa, there is a reason there is this on Modacity:

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?20759-Thinking-about-posting-a-thread-for-your-mod-project-Read-this-first!

Stop having such a bad attitude about it and just accept the fact that you should improve your posting skills. It's not even about being professional, its just about getting rid of bad habits.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 09:35 PM    Msg. 184 of 285       
Killa, there is a reason there is this on Modacity:

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?20759-Thinking-about-posting-a-thread-for-your-mod-project-Read-this-first!

Stop having such a bad attitude about it and just accept the fact that you should improve your posting skills. It's not even about being professional, its just about getting rid of bad habits.

higuy lol. There is no mod db page, nothing. If you look back in my created threads at modacity you can see that my actual mods have full videos/etc. However with them, I never posted any work before-hand. This is a PROGRESS LOG, progress is being made isn't it? All I did in here was announce the name of the mod here. I haven't made a mod thread yet.

We have progress logs with CMT too, however those are private.

Like I said, I wanted the development to be more open to the community. Should've thought again.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2013 at 09:36 PM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2013 at 09:38 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 09:39 PM    Msg. 185 of 285       
higuy lol. There is no mod db page

O SNAP

:o
I guess I lost
E: I said moddb as an example as if I was posting unfinished content in an official mod page
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2013 at 09:42 PM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2013 at 09:42 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 09:57 PM    Msg. 186 of 285       
Threads getting ruined since 2004

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 10:00 PM    Msg. 187 of 285       
Meant in general, I have been @ gbx and halomods since 04.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 10:06 PM    Msg. 188 of 285       

You seem surprised. You must have missed the mandatory, formal introduction to Halomaps meeting.

Surprisingly, I never actually looked on the forum part of the site until 2011 or so.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 10:16 PM    Msg. 189 of 285       

You seem surprised. You must have missed the mandatory, formal introduction to Halomaps meeting.

Surprisingly, I never actually looked on the forum part of the site until 2011 or so.

Don't tell me you were just here for Dennis's comics. They're awful.

Was never a fan of all that machinima stuff so I probably never looked. But I can only imagine.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 10:19 PM    Msg. 190 of 285       
Imagine a giant box map filled with scenery and bipeds with a Photoshop filter slapped over it.

Link?

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 11:21 PM    Msg. 191 of 285       

You don't get it do you? It's not about my abilities, its about your's. I AM pointing about a problem by the way. Your posting habits. I've said it before but I'll say it again.

You don't show half-assed screenshots and pictures of WIP's that are not presentable. Get them to a presentable stage that you are actually happy with, and then we will take it from there. Don't be showing pictures where you can see all of 3ds max's tools, background stuff going on your pc, untextured items, and stuff that generally just looks bad. Obviously we all know you are better than that, so why not show it? There is a different between a work in progress and something that is actually presentable. While both are obviously things you can critique, one is going to have far less issues than the other.

Also, its not like people were asking all the time on the forums if your project was still being worked on. You could have waited and used the motivation of knowing that you'll get satisfaction of showing off your project to make your bsps/models/whatever look a lot better and make a better, more coherent and concise post illustrating what you are attempting to do. You will get far more attention and praise that way compared to posting a few sloppy posts and pictures.

It would be absurd for me to show no progress at all until the final stages it is called a WIP for a reason.

i love how nobody ever considers WIP posted content isn't finished yet, they all say it looks bad and needs work. hurp durp, the creator knows this!

also i love how every time hiugy posts something people just assume it's a lumoria rant and don't pay attention to what he's trying say

(not namin' names, just something i wanted to make clear)

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 12:15 AM    Msg. 192 of 285       

I wish I could set up a disc for myself that would set halo up along with a few custom maps...

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 12:20 AM    Msg. 193 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lolman

Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell

I wish I could set up a disc for myself that would set halo up along with a few custom maps...

we all do... pretty sure you can by putting the ce installer and something that extracts maps to your maps folder in a dvd.
Edited by Lolman on Nov 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM

seems a difficult thing to do

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 12:27 AM    Msg. 194 of 285       
hahaha ohh you

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 12:30 AM    Msg. 195 of 285       
hahaha ohh you

THE HARDEST PART OF ALL: trying to use it even though you realize you can just download ce from halomaps.
unless you don't have the internet when you are trying to get it

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 12:32 AM    Msg. 196 of 285       
hahaha ohh you

THE HARDEST PART OF ALL: trying to use it even though you realize you can just download ce from halomaps.
unless you don't have the internet when you are trying to get it

oh, yeah, also, dsali, i did. in school.

hey you never know, and can anyone saw pwned?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 07:16 AM    Msg. 197 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

You don't show half-assed screenshots and pictures of WIP's that are not presentable. Get them to a presentable stage that you are actually happy with, and then we will take it from there. Don't be showing pictures where you can see all of 3ds max's tools, background stuff going on your pc, untextured items, and stuff that generally just looks bad. Obviously we all know you are better than that, so why not show it? There is a different between a work in progress and something that is actually presentable. While both are obviously things you can critique, one is going to have far less issues than the other.

i love how nobody ever considers WIP posted content isn't finished yet, they all say it looks bad and needs work. hurp durp, the creator knows this!

also i love how every time hiugy posts something people just assume it's a lumoria rant and don't pay attention to what he's trying say

(not namin' names, just something i wanted to make clear)

its not lumoria, its how they all act after its release. The team are on this "I know everything thing and do what I say cause its right" streak. Its really lol, but I forgot, I can't make a point to a pro.

I don't even know what to say about sali, I can't even take him seriously. Go work on your h3 portz
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 28, 2013 at 07:17 AM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 10:03 AM    Msg. 198 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Renderpity2
I don't even know what to say about sali, I can't even take him seriously. Go work on your h3 portz

Maybe you didn't get the memo that I'm only here to stir up $h!t. Although I'm still very passionate about Halo, there isn't enough reason to keep making content for it. People don't seem to care about anything I make so I won't make anything anymore.

I like how everybody keeps saying I only do ports. I only release ports. Ports are what the people want. Plus, half the time, I only do the ports to prove assholes like Zteam wrong about their claims of impossibility. (Still waiting for that H3 BSP extractor...) I have plenty of custom projects that I prefer to work on solely by myself and because of that it just takes too long to finish. Maybe you caught on to the fact that I have high quality standards.

You and Higuy only make yourselves seem ignorant by dissing my work on ports.

I wasn't being series lol, I have high quality standards myself, it's just taking forever to get there.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 10:53 AM    Msg. 199 of 285       
Maybe you didn't get the memo that I'm only here to stir up $h!t.

maybe you didn't get the memo

just get a life and stay banned! take the extra time to work on your custom assets and don't bother people.

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 02:12 PM    Msg. 200 of 285       
I for one like to see incremental progress updates. As someone who is learning 3ds max and the HEK, I find it helpful and interesting to have insight on other modders' modelling/development habits.

Keep it coming

space zombie

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 06:42 PM    Msg. 201 of 285       
Do you have like a test map that we can test out or beta?

and when do you think the this project will be released?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 07:38 PM    Msg. 202 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: space zombie
Do you have like a test map that we can test out or beta?

and when do you think the this project will be released?

Unfortunately, the B30 test map has gone awhile without any compiles (mainly because mission BSP's have been getting ingame). Right now b30 is just a mishmosh of a bunch of different tags (weapon sets, vehicles, etc), from when I was getting a general idea for the mod's gameplay. So it's by-passing the tag limit. Maybe if I can some time to repair the scenario with the final content I will allow some people to test out the content that will be used.

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 11:48 PM    Msg. 203 of 285       

http://i.imgur.com/CakjE.png
just get a life and stay banned! take the extra time to work on your custom assets and don't bother people.

lol that's my steam pic

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 29, 2013 12:57 AM    Msg. 204 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
I bet Sali has an alt on here that he posts as with actually productive stuff, we just don't know it.

we should have a meme of that college party guy saying that

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Nov 30, 2013 10:04 PM    Msg. 205 of 285       
Just a heads-up, progress might be pretty slow for the next month or so.

Me and my gf of 3 years broke up, so I'm gonna be moving back across the country with my mom & try to sort out personal issues.

Progress won't be dead, but I've got a rough road ahead of me.

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 30, 2013 10:16 PM    Msg. 206 of 285       

http://i.imgur.com/CakjE.png

lol that's my steam pic

PROVE IT, WHATS UR STEAM? -.-

I think its DarkB1ad3, same as my xbox gt. I haven't been on my steam in a bit

rcghalohell

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 01:58 PM    Msg. 207 of 285       
Crap man, you werent kidding! O_O also, Killer, im sorry to hear that :(

its fun spraypainting my logo on walls in garrys mod

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 04:13 PM    Msg. 208 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: ftsshot

Me and my gf of 3 years broke up, so I'm gonna be moving back across the country with my mom & try to sort out personal issues.

I was so interested for this project..... you let us down.

No worries, I will post as much as I can, but this project is the only thing I have to keep my head straight and clears my mind, so work will not stop. The only days there will be NO progress is the few days it'll take to ship my PC back home.

sshers4

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 05:23 PM    Msg. 209 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: ftsshot

I was so interested for this project..... you let us down.

No worries, I will post as much as I can, but this project is the only thing I have to keep my head straight and clears my mind, so work will not stop. The only days there will be NO progress is the few days it'll take to ship my PC back home.

Oh crap sorry to hear that KillerFTW but take your time on your project it is looking good. I wanted to see you’re blind wolf working progress.

By the way I have send you an PM.

space zombie

Posted: Dec 7, 2013 11:12 PM    Msg. 210 of 285       
hows everything going killerftw

Page 6 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 13, 2018 2:27 AM 484 ms.
A Halo Maps Website