A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log.

Page 7 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. (285 messages, Page 7 of 9)
Moderators: Dennis

solitude

chfan

Posted: Dec 8, 2013 06:35 AM    Msg. 211 of 285       
He stopped his project I think.

space zombie

Posted: Dec 8, 2013 09:48 AM    Msg. 212 of 285       
up hear we go agan first texmod now this

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 8, 2013 10:56 PM    Msg. 213 of 285       
Its not dead like I said, I'm back in my hometown, me and my gf are trying to figure out how to make it work. My screen, desk etc is still in LA, so I'm waiting to see how things go before I unpack my PC. I'm writing this off my phone right now so yeah.

When you have a gf as beautiful as mine, it really causes stress when things go wrong, but I'm still thinking of ideas. She's going back too LA on the 17th with or without me, so either way, work will resume.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 12:21 AM    Msg. 214 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Its not dead like I said, I'm back in my hometown, me and my gf are trying to figure out how to make it work. My screen, desk etc is still in LA, so I'm waiting to see how things go before I unpack my PC. I'm writing this off my phone right now so yeah.

When you have a gf as beautiful as mine, it really causes stress when things go wrong, but I'm still thinking of ideas. She's going back too LA on the 17th with or without me, so either way, work will resume.

Sorry to read it.
I hope things work out man.

space zombie

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 01:02 AM    Msg. 215 of 285       
i really hope for the best for you

ive once had someone ive cared about to :/

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 04:17 PM    Msg. 216 of 285       
Thanks guys. It is pretty much confirmed that it isn't gonna work out. So work will resume as soon as I buy a new monitor.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 06:14 PM    Msg. 217 of 285       
Thanks guys. It is pretty much confirmed that it isn't gonna work out. So work will resume as soon as I buy a new monitor.

A sad ending to a relatively long relationship...

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 12:08 PM    Msg. 218 of 285       
hhmmm i like dat bloom
Not joking...

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 01:38 PM    Msg. 219 of 285       
Yeah, the bloom is very high... but I still like it even if I know it's hard to see some parts, do I need therapy?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 12:49 AM    Msg. 220 of 285       
Sorry, I am a bloom whore, I will have to balance it out a little more for the people who hate it.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 10:29 AM    Msg. 221 of 285       
Sorry, I am a bloom whore, I will have to balance it out a little more for the people who hate it.

i don't mind bloom a bit, but i prefer a strong lumasharpen value to accompany it

greg079

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 07:31 PM    Msg. 222 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
^sweet fx works fine with halo.

yes it does

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 01:00 AM    Msg. 223 of 285       
>higuy is literally retarded: the general

Please don't be discouraged in your work, KiLLa. I've been following this project since it was first mentioned, and It looks VERY promising visually, and the design process, as you have described, seems very in-depth, and I personally can not wait for it to be released. I completely respect that you are taking your time with this, and I hope you do not feel rushed in producing this creation. For a time, I was afraid the project had been delayed due to the lack of updates, but I am very relieved to see that this thread has bloomed back into view. Thank you for your work on Project: K11, and just remember that not all of the Halomaps forum users are complete cancer, just most.

Like Higuy.

Who obviously doesn't understand the point of having a small sideline "WIP Listing Thread" on a halo modding forum.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jan 1, 2014 at 01:01 AM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 10:41 AM    Msg. 224 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

>higuy is literally retarded: the general

Please don't be discouraged in your work, KiLLa. I've been following this project since it was first mentioned, and It looks VERY promising visually, and the design process, as you have described, seems very in-depth, and I personally can not wait for it to be released. I completely respect that you are taking your time with this, and I hope you do not feel rushed in producing this creation. For a time, I was afraid the project had been delayed due to the lack of updates, but I am very relieved to see that this thread has bloomed back into view. Thank you for your work on Project: K11, and just remember that not all of the Halomaps forum users are complete cancer, just most.

Like Higuy.

Who obviously doesn't understand the point of having a small sideline "WIP Listing Thread" on a halo modding forum.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jan 1, 2014 at 01:01 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
maybe you didn't get the memo
http://i.imgur.com/CakjE.png
just get a life and stay banned! take the extra time to work on your custom assets and don't bother people.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 07:12 PM    Msg. 225 of 285       
Thank you Bungie. Work is really slow on the project lately. But not dead. I have been really busy so I have mostly just been coming up with some ideas\missions in the single player missions. I have been doing a lot of traveling so I have been away from my PC. The project will at the very latest continue asset production in the start of March. I have another member helping out with some stuff too. Otherwise, I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

greg079

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 08:42 PM    Msg. 226 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
just get a life and stay banned! take the extra time to work on your custom assets and don't bother people.

is this a thing now?

Bungie LLC

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 06:16 PM    Msg. 227 of 285       
Thank you for the post, KiLLa, I really appreciate it, and it's good to know that progress will resume on a relative-given date. You can be sure that I will stay posted here for updates. I'm also always open to private messages and such if need be.

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

You see the irony here, don't you?

I prove my point. Thanks for taking the bait there, Buddy. Maybe you should look into some form of medicine to assist you in your limitations/disabilities: whatever suits you best, because whatever it is, you surely don't seem to be handling it well, as demonstrated by your own post/communication behavior.

;^)
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jan 3, 2014 at 06:38 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 08:25 PM    Msg. 228 of 285       
Higuy will always be a better poster than you!

Bungie LLC

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 12:02 AM    Msg. 229 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000

Come on Bud, don't do this to me. You know he's only a better poster than me in certain aspects, like for instance, who can be the biggest aspergers-stricken retard with the worst opinions, jokes... That sort of thing. Higuy isn't a better poster than me, man, and you know it. :^)

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 12:06 AM    Msg. 230 of 285       
Bungie mods 10/10 would buy at gamescams.

PopeAK49

I'm a living, breathing sentient tank!

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 12:10 AM    Msg. 231 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000

Come on Bud, don't do this to me. You know he's only a better poster than me in certain aspects, like for instance, who can be the biggest aspergers-stricken retard with the worst opinions, jokes... That sort of thing. Higuy isn't a better poster than me, man, and you know it. :^)

He's a better poster in the sense that he contributes 3d artwork and other Halo related assets. Define what makes a poster better? Maybe you can teach me how to reach god like status.

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Bungie mods 10/10 would buy at gamescams.

lol
Edited by PopeAK49 on Jan 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Horeb

bananakid

Posted: Jan 5, 2014 06:11 PM    Msg. 232 of 285       
where is the Blood?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 05:40 PM    Msg. 233 of 285       
Work will resume very shortly. I am currently in a hotel room, and have a flight returning home tommorow.

As an apology for my absence, I'll fill you guys in on some more details.

Previous to all this bs with my girl, a new Elite was in development. Sculpted and crafted by me, it takes the art style of Halo 1-2. Glowing parts on the armor/etc. A little f*** you to the people who still complain about ripping and porting. I don't have pictures that are worth showing atm, I'm probably going to wait until completion to show them off.

Expect the elites to take on a completely new feel. With the new model and animations, surely it will finally alter the game play a bit. Rather then put the elite model on a halo 1 boneset.

Other characters have received new animations as well. Particularly the jackals.

Levels, where can I start with this. So many ideas, so little people. I don't want to get into great detail about much, but by level 2 you will enter the heart of a covenant ship, I won't say, but the way we take you to it will introduce a great new take on game play mechanics. I have worked on some concepts of new covenant architecture which will also be a site worth seeing.

I'll leave you off with a screen from the first level. Note that only portions of the BSP are textured atm. Placeholder textures /uvs are obvious.

Still a lot of trees and rocks to be modeled for scenery. I have made a few as you can see, Disaster's art will shine in this map, as he has given me some awesome rock assets to work with.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jan 11, 2014 at 05:47 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 05:51 PM    Msg. 234 of 285       
Sky is also just the b30 sky, the map is going to take on a rainy theme. I apologize if the color palette is all over the place. The placeholder textures are a very solid brown/orange. Again as soon as I get to my PC I'll tone the bloom down 50%. Hopefully I will be able to satisfy all.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 07:03 PM    Msg. 235 of 285       
Gotta agree with waffles there on pretty much everything. Its very hard to judge something that's so incomplete.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 07:40 PM    Msg. 236 of 285       
Apologies. I'll do my best to straighten out the bloom and irrelevant sky when I get home, I know the brightness of it also depicts from the BSP.

Actually I just realized that this pic is more out of date then I thought, I've forgotten I textured those big mountains in the background and to the right. Hang on, I only have my phone to work with right now but I may be able to get something better on my image profile.

e: nvm id rather not waste posting a blurry crappy shot.

Until next time. If anyone wants to take on modeling trees similar to the ones in Winter Contingency, I can supply textures, of course you will also get a shout out and credit. The more variance the better.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jan 11, 2014 at 07:55 PM

sshers4

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 11:25 AM    Msg. 237 of 285       
Can We see the blind wolf model.

Horeb

bananakid

Posted: Jan 13, 2014 05:17 PM    Msg. 238 of 285       

Work will resume very shortly. I am currently in a hotel room, and have a flight returning home tommorow.

As an apology for my absence, I'll fill you guys in on some more details.

Previous to all this bs with my girl, a new Elite was in development. Sculpted and crafted by me, it takes the art style of Halo 1-2. Glowing parts on the armor/etc. A little f*** you to the people who still complain about ripping and porting. I don't have pictures that are worth showing atm, I'm probably going to wait until completion to show them off.

Expect the elites to take on a completely new feel. With the new model and animations, surely it will finally alter the game play a bit. Rather then put the elite model on a halo 1 boneset.

Other characters have received new animations as well. Particularly the jackals.

Levels, where can I start with this. So many ideas, so little people. I don't want to get into great detail about much, but by level 2 you will enter the heart of a covenant ship, I won't say, but the way we take you to it will introduce a great new take on game play mechanics. I have worked on some concepts of new covenant architecture which will also be a site worth seeing.

I'll leave you off with a screen from the first level. Note that only portions of the BSP are textured atm. Placeholder textures /uvs are obvious.
HTTPS://imageshack.com/a/img89/4382/g7th.jpg
Still a lot of trees and rocks to be modeled for scenery. I have made a few as you can see, Disaster's art will shine in this map, as he has given me some awesome rock assets to work with.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jan 11, 2014 at 05:47 PM

"remember Reach"... You make me remember the First Level of the VideoGame i will say this "higuy in your face"

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 09:10 PM    Msg. 239 of 285       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLuB4F6vSK0&list=UUqyFTJ-DEPim9vwGOlPx6Lw&feature=c4-overview

Made a little thing just for fun.

This is a BSP was one of the many encounter tests. This is one that has made it's way into the actual mod.
This is how all the maps in the project are being developed.

Sorry for bad audio.

P3

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 09:40 PM    Msg. 240 of 285       
I think it looks pretty cool. It's just that the player fp arm is bothering me because it's a bit too shiny. Also maybe a bit more of a dynamic lighting. Something to light up the place a bit more.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 09:44 PM    Msg. 241 of 285       
We got new FP arms. The bsp is literally made up of blocks, since it was just to see how this fight would pan out. The final product will indeed make huge use of dynamic lighting.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 09:49 PM    Msg. 242 of 285       
If you don't mind, can we see the new fp arms. or atleast the most recent screen of the fp arms

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 10:05 PM    Msg. 243 of 285       
sure

final will be a different color, since you dont play as chief.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jan 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Wolf_

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 09:24 PM    Msg. 244 of 285       
Today was the first I saw of this K11 project. Saw it at modacity before, you are doing what Rob did with Bridge ce, and that is damned well impressive dude. Keep the creativity flowing!
Edited by Wolf_ on Jan 22, 2014 at 09:25 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 04:49 PM    Msg. 245 of 285       
Let me just say that this progress log is indeed coming to an end soon. I have been literally slaving away with work for the mod.

The BSP in the picture I showed a few posts back as been totally transformed into a near-final product, and is looking great. I have been working closely with experienced members of the community to bring the best out of this project.

The former leader of the Bridge CE project Rob Oplawar has been involved to an extent, as well as CMT (nothing new here).

Expect a few more posts from me here, as well as an announcement coming soon which will put this thread to a halt.

Things are looking really good.

Page 7 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 1:16 PM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website