A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log.

Page 3 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. (285 messages, Page 3 of 9)
Moderators: Dennis

killzone64

Too many hobbys not enough time

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 12:34 AM    Msg. 71 of 285       
did you rig to the leaked dmr like i did? the orgins seem to be just as messed up as mine

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 01:08 AM    Msg. 72 of 285       
@Waffles, I do have some decent plasma shield shaders, however they are not animated like your jackal shields. If I feel as if I need to rig a shield model up to the original, and make some cool transparent shaders, I may do so, however I am sick of rigging stuff right now to be honest lol. They are better then the ones I have in the video now though. I may comeback to it later.

@killzone, please just ignore the rig in that picture, like i said before, I had the DMR moved over with OS's weapon position, and it was rigged with the Halo 3 hands. It is not the leaked DMR, it was extracted from Reach.

(this is another test map I have for urban shaders, note the word TEST)
This is how it is naturally, the only issue that it may cause it that it was rigged for widescreen users with a higher fov. The classic screen has some clipping issues.

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 01:12 AM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 01:14 AM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 02:15 AM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 02:06 AM    Msg. 73 of 285       
What are you talking about? Lol. I was showing the person the DMR without the modified OS positioning, the level has absolutely nothing to do with it. Don't come into this thread not knowing what you are talking about. Or atleast read the previous pages. I have also had people look at those shaders more thoroughly and have had highly positive feedback. One even thought I had a parallax map applied in the shader tag.

E: I wonder why I bother posting her sometimes, do I have to put little notes in each of my posts to help out some of the people who are looking to bash things that are completely unrelated? I will do so if necessary. I have also seen your posts in other threads, and I don't need you screwing up mine.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 02:08 AM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 02:13 AM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 05:55 AM    Msg. 74 of 285       
^no one cares about what you say, altheretard

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 08:47 AM    Msg. 75 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lestat
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

What are you talking about? Lol. I was showing the person the DMR without the modified OS positioning, the level has absolutely nothing to do with it. [red
]Don't come into this thread not knowing what you are talking about. Or atleast read the previous pages.
I have also had people look at those shaders more thoroughly and have had highly positive feedback. One even thought I had a parallax map applied in the shader tag.

E: I wonder why I bother posting her sometimes, do I have to put little notes in each of my posts to help out some of the people who are looking to bash things that are completely unrelated? I will do so if necessary. I have also seen your posts in other threads, and I don't need you screwing up mine.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 02:08 AM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 02:13 AM

Ouch. I was actually here to comment on your ugly OS settings and leave... buuuuuut I think I'll stay and give you some valuable feedback on your amazing rips that are in a map that vomits bloom and bumps exactly how it's horribly done in Halo 2. Go ahead and post more of "your" amazing work. I can't wait to critique you. Let's start: use detail maps on your amazing parallax environment shaders and using UVW map on terrain for quick, DECENT looking UVs is not rocket science.

But to answer your question, if you post your creations inside a map that obscures what we're looking at because the map has so much effin bloom in it, I will definitely say something about it. (So obviously my post was on topic.) If I say something is wrong, just accept it instead of arguing that I'm here to bash your post and screw up your thread. If you truly think I'm just here to slowly close every thread on Halomaps, you shouldn't reply and Dennis would take care of it. The only threads that get screwed up are the ones where people act the way you just did. Me commenting on your work is not ground for you to comment on me. If I'm really an ass, let karma take it's course.

I wonder why I bother posting here sometimes, too. You all have very short temperaments when it comes to cold hard truth. I'll word my posts more politely if you earn the respect. From what I've seen in this thread so far (yeah, I actually did look through it) I'm not impressed whatsoever by a bunch of poor rips over glorified with OS.

And Lodex, quit PMing me that you aren't reading my PMs. Just leave.

Lol oh man, I'm not getting quick to argue buddy. I could avoid these posts, but I will explain myself for one last time.

The way you posted was with the worst attitude and was not helpful at all from the beginning. If you think i have such crappy shaders then you should have been considerate on how to make them better. Rather than instantly calling it a Halo 2 port, which you would clearly see it is not.

I know how to unwrap terrain, and the mesh is unwrapped to an extent now. It's not the fact I wanted to show people something just yet, hell I don't like posting progress unless it is usually something major. The only reason I posted that picture was to show people that I've been working on a BSP myself, and I'm making progress.

Tell me, could you handle so much work yourself to make a decent open sauce mod? That includes animating, rigging all decent looking weapons, animating and rigging all decent looking vehicles, same goes to bipeds and everything else. Who cares if I use content from the newer Halo games? If you don't then that's your opinion but I feel the true thing that matters is building a custom foundation for the players to play on. Which would be the custom map, scripts, voices, etc.

Could you do all of that by yourself? Because the only thing I've seen from you is some mediocre shader work, and nothing else.

I hope you all get where I'm coming from. I will say this a million times, I could model, texture and rig every asset here myself. But you know how much time that would waste? If I ever get a member that wants to do that, then so be it. As of now, I have some decent meshes to work with, and I am doing so. Now I am focusing on terrain modeling, scripts, etc etc.

When I post a picture, I will let you know that something is final. And I will accept all critique before release of some sort.

Yes I have been in the community for a long time, No I don't think high and mighty of myself. BUT i do know what skills I have, and I also know I've developed a lot of them through years of experience with different engines.

Good stuff is coming people, just hang on. I got a few more things to do then I will be able to get a better picture of what the BSP looks like. Or I will take a render, right now I have class so gtg.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 10:54 AM    Msg. 76 of 285       
please, take it to the PMs if need be.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 11:14 AM    Msg. 77 of 285       
because the points are being addressed in an aggressive manner

I would be fine if the issues were presented civilly, but this is turning into a slap fight.
Edited by SilentJacket on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 11:16 AM    Msg. 78 of 285       
Don't worry. I just figured I'd explain myself one last time.
All I'm trying to say is, what is the point of bashing a level that isnt ever going to be released and is filled with WIP content? It was directed to killzone and SilentJacket so I could show the normal dmr origins, it was just an old pic i originally thought was funny and had it on my image profile Lol (I'm sorry, I don't consider calling it an accurate Halo 2 port crit even if I was looking for feedback)
Dsalimander, if you wish to see any more of my work, like silent said, PM me or message me on steam: elite128350.

I'm gonna do my best to keep this thread clean, I've seen a lot of drama on these forums lately for some reason invloving TM, masterz, dsali, and a few others. And it looks to me like we have a few jealous members looking to cause an issue.(i.e. that post with dmr was to killzone to show the origins)

I'm not like that, so when I see proper critique, i will respond to it properly. I do talk to a lot of people behind closed doors before i usually post something, so i dont usually fly blind.

-Posted from Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM

killzone64

Too many hobbys not enough time

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 08:12 PM    Msg. 79 of 285       
i need to redo my origins badly... though they would never update so would that require new animations or just needing to re rig the dmr after moving it? because i think the rigged nodes are dragging it back to where it was

OrangeJuice

Thingies.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 09:30 PM    Msg. 80 of 285       
When will you two divorce?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 09:36 PM    Msg. 81 of 285       
^^Technically CMT isn't. I am. And things are awesome.

You two should really let it die. Ki11a is showing what he had in the bsp to show people he's working on the project and needs help (presumably) and he showed the DMR pic solely for the origins.

Sali, your complaints are valid, but its not like his posts (other than to show the DMR) were meant to show something high in quality or for feedback.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 10:16 PM    Msg. 82 of 285       
Yeah, like masterz said. You're posts are valid, yes, yet your latest posts are filled with very naive statements my friend. Lets take this to PM rather then cluttering up my thread with useless posts.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 12:50 AM    Msg. 83 of 285       
UDK congrats man. I've had several projects within UDK, CryEngine, and Source. Don't belive me? Go to my youtube. Oh and a 5.2 gig data folder? clean that up man, thats not exactly something to be proud of, my guess is half of it is trash.

My god man will you just stop arguing with me? Either take it back to the PM, or get out, stop crapping on my thread.
Oh, and don't let the door hit your ass.

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 22, 2013 at 01:11 AM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 02:59 AM    Msg. 84 of 285       
lol

your presence annoys everyone dude. I could really care less, but this is my thread. I don't PM to talk trash, I PM so I can let my viewers get there comments and thoughts in without dealing with this crap. For you to bring it back to a public forum just shows how low/immature you truly are. Are you still in highschool or something? You want to make sure everyone can see how awesome you are for acting so tough over the internet? Congratulations my man. I hope you boosted your self confidence for your internet life. You do your thing. I will continue to go to college, work, have sex, and one day make something of myself.

I don't think sitting on your computer all day, adding to your 5.2 gigs of complete crap data folder will really get you anywhere.

I really hope, that you will experience that one day.
But that will only happen with an attitude change.

Bobblehob

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 01:28 PM    Msg. 85 of 285       
Seriously guys... just when we finally got the Lodex Vs. Masterz/l28/Lestat/whoeverelselikestrolling situation under control, now its the two of you going at it. Can we just stop, please? This is ridiculous.
Edited by Bobblehob on Feb 22, 2013 at 01:50 PM

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 01:50 PM    Msg. 86 of 285       
You mean the Masters1337, Lestat, Master Noob and Long Wang situation. Three of them coordinated to harass our team, despite their denial. I have sources :-)

Woops I posted again. Looks like I haven't fully left the Halo section yet. Probably because I get email updates for every PM Lestat sends me. Rather annoying, but too lazy to disable it :'(
I mean really, today alone I got seven from him.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 01:54 PM    Msg. 87 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman
You mean the Masters1337, Lestat, Master Noob and Long Wang situation. Three of them coordinated to harass our team, despite their denial. I have sources :-)

and that is why no one should ever take you seriously ever again.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 02:13 PM    Msg. 88 of 285       
Dennis will not care that Killa said that to you.
I suggest you 100% ignore Lestat, there is nothing more frustrating for him than to be invisible and unheard.

The Lodeman

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 02:34 PM    Msg. 89 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob

and that is why no one should ever take you seriously ever again.

Further proof of how predictable those people are :-)
I can predict exactly what they're going to say, and how many PMs I'll receive at the end of the day.
We're up to eight so far! 1 fresh from master noob, but do note that I don't actually read them. I just do mark all + delete all lol.

Anyways heading off for the evening. Got friends and stuff, and unlike Lestat and you do together, we're not going to smoke weed or get drunk.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 02:37 PM    Msg. 90 of 285       
We're up to eight so far! 1 fresh from master noob, but do note that I don't actually read them. I just do mark all + delete all lol.

keep making up garbage and just leave like you said you would.

The Lodeman

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 02:40 PM    Msg. 91 of 285       
Truth hurts master noob.
Disabled email PM updates now, have a good weed night master noob!
Cheers.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 02:49 PM    Msg. 92 of 285       
Truth hurts master noob.

I should say it does, Lode.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 03:42 PM    Msg. 93 of 285       
Take it somewhere else, guys.

The Lodeman

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 04:07 PM    Msg. 94 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
Truth hurts master noob.

http://i.imgur.com/JEH6ZoE.png
I should say it does, Lode.

What's it like PM'ing yourself with fraud Lodeman accounts?
I guess this proves you were the one who made that account. No surprise there. Since you and Sali were both doing weed that night.

Edit: 2 more PMs, lol. Won't post them though cause I'm a good guy Lodeman.
Edited by The Lodeman on Feb 22, 2013 at 04:12 PM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 04:24 PM    Msg. 95 of 285       
What's it like PM'ing yourself with fraud Lodeman accounts?

it's because you have no proof. If you really were good guy Lodeman then you wouldn't have posted at all and would be drinking somewhere waiting for minecraft.

The Lodeman

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 04:45 PM    Msg. 96 of 285       
Nice paint skills brah. It's really amazing how far you go. Wonder what you'll make up next against me. Did L28 tell you how to do it? He's used the same tactic against me before :-)
Anyways, I know PMs are frowned upon here. You're not actually supposed to, you know, post private PMs here.

Do you know the definition of private?
I know a great site that explains it very well. You can find a great explanation here: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_message

You can use google translate to translate it to english as well. As I do realise you can use the help of such software to comprehend the meaning of complex linguistical concepts.

A good post however, the weed is clearly beneficial towards your inspiration.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 05:02 PM    Msg. 97 of 285       
will you guys cut it out

Loman, cut it out, I don't care how much better a programmer you are, you are acting like an ass

Master Noob, they are called PMs for a reason, keep it between you and whomever you are arguing with, we don't need to see your dirty laundry.

Masters1337

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 05:19 PM    Msg. 98 of 285       
I've never talked to noob or long wang outside of publicly on these forums?

Masters1337

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 09:02 PM    Msg. 99 of 285       
Yes

jabberwockxeno

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 09:26 PM    Msg. 100 of 285       
Sorry to add a useless post, but I can't figure out a way to subscribe to the topic without posting.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 09:27 PM    Msg. 101 of 285       
that's fine

btw, this is the worst troll raid we've had in a while...

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 10:56 PM    Msg. 102 of 285       
Welp, there goes my thread. I'll make a new one later. Have fun fellas!

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 12:45 AM    Msg. 103 of 285       
I say we kick both masterz and lodeman.
TO HELL WITH THE REGIME
I CALL FOR REFORM
ALLLAAAHHH

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 01:07 AM    Msg. 104 of 285       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Welp, there goes my thread. I'll make a new one later. Have fun fellas!

I suppose this means more new pictures? :)

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 01:54 AM    Msg. 105 of 285       
A few, yes, I need to start on a clean slate and address the project directly at this point. When I first made this thread I didn't really want to reveal what was going on but I suppose that I have released enough information to make an official thread:)

Page 3 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed January 17, 2018 10:50 PM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website