A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »We're backkkk(: New members wanted!

Author Topic: We're backkkk(: New members wanted! (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 12:45 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       
Hey guys! Long time no see, and im glad to be back in the CE community! I've upgraded my computers specs immensely versus the last time i was here 2 or 3 years ago so filming should be a breeze(:

I'm looking particularly for creative minds who wouldnt mind getting together on Xfire or Skype every other weekend.

With that being said, I do want to see people who can deliver or contribute at a suitable level to the team, but this shouldn't be over-kill. We just do what we love doing with our spare time which is make films and movies(: With school starting up soon i dont want to limit people and if anything were to come up, then that's perfectly understandable! If you like to play sports or attend parties such as I, or maybe you want to spend time with the family im okay with that(: Whenever you have time though just show up, ask me or other members on what needs to be done, do it, and there you go! You will receive credit for all work done in the videos! Plus its fun!(:

While i am majorly considering spanning out to other games such as Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, and so forth, i want to have an influence here on this tight-nit community as well. That being said though, if you feel you would want to expand outwards to other games with me feel free to do so, or just stick with halo!

In my "halo ce idea", particularly, I'm looking at doing information/news styled videos interviewing new and also relevant map makers in the community and doing map reviews and possibly highlights of "kill feed videos" from the community as well as a Q and A section.

Well enough of that, lets talk about qualifications and what to expect.

Myself:
4 Years Adobe After Effects experience
3 years Adobe Photoshop experience
6 years editing experience.

Current members:
Arcane0sin
@zym@n300
Me

What we are looking for:
Creative mind, intellectually sharp. (Though this tends not to have a number set next to it, I'd prefer people 14+, but i am willing to make exceptions.)
Adobe Illustrator experience
3D modeling experience (for the purpose of making 3d text, props, so forth in video format or exportable to AAE)
Someone with an "empowering voice". More specifically, British, Scottish, or an Aussie.

Other things that help/look good:
Any adobe experience (something from the adobe suite)
Experience with other filming teams
previous works
maturity
creativity

I will be checking back on this at a rate dependent of the number of views/posts this topic gets. Be sure to leave your contact information or PM me it! xfire/skype name preferably! Email works to!

And remember, the second most important thing to us is professionalism, but above all else, number one is having fun and doing what you love!(:

Edited by The Barron on Aug 22, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Suprememessage

I am shadow, I am darkness, and I fear nothing.

Posted: Aug 24, 2012 07:30 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
I cannot do most of those things. But I have a lot of experience in somethings that could be helpful.

Namely I could make you maps to film on. Not only that but I have experience making particle systems so you could have some really cool effects. I also can make you some custom tags to work with that would be helpful in filming

But I use Open Sauce so I am not able to use Xfire but I do use Skype.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 24, 2012 at 07:31 PM

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Aug 25, 2012 12:08 AM    Msg. 3 of 16       
sure! whats your skype? Feel free to pm me it to if you choose!

Suprememessage

I am shadow, I am darkness, and I fear nothing.

Posted: Aug 25, 2012 02:03 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Barron
sure! whats your skype? Feel free to pm me it to if you choose!

My skype is suprememessage. Also one of the works I'm most proud of was me making icefields during a blizzard, which let me tell you, looked fantastic.

3leaf

IT WILL BE DONE!

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 12:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Well, I don't have any halo exp, but I was on the Oblivion/Skyrim online teams before their demise. but I am interested in making films and such. I'm a 3d designer/modeler/animator and I'm quite good with story board. and a bonus I can do a many of accents, British, Russian, American, Scottish and of course my own voice of the Irish descent. right now I have no project to work on so this post you have here is something I've been looking for. I like to keep myself busy you see.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 01:38 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
hey barron good to see ya back here. its me DarkB1ad3

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 05:09 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
It's an old post...

3leaf

IT WILL BE DONE!

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 05:28 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Oh, you're right, I thought it said 2013 xD thank you.

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 08:53 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
Holy crap people posted here? Lol

Well i've gone solo, but heres what i am currently working on. Might just start a thread to post screen shots and get opinions from people

Edited by The Barron on Sep 30, 2013 at 09:00 PM

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Oct 1, 2013 01:41 AM    Msg. 10 of 16       

Aside from that, your body text and Abrams image are way to close to the edges of their respective boxes. Work on kerning too, 'Overview' looks pretty awful.
Also, I don't mean to be rude, but what does this have to do with Halo CE?

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 02:16 PM    Msg. 11 of 16       
1) Kerning should not be an issue as this will be played back at 720p and with a fog/smoke effect
2) Nice catch on the overhang! I will probably add overhang to both sides.
3) "Overview" will stay as is unless you have any better suggestions? Trying to replicate this as closely as possible.

4)This has nothing to do with ce, thats why in the post above yours i said i may or may not make a thread dedicated to works done outside of ce.

Thanks for the tips! Especially the overhang, would not have caught that!

Kozakuu

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 09:11 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
If you want to replicate that image you're going to need to turn down the backing glow of your text.

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 02:45 AM    Msg. 13 of 16       
I did, its only slightly more "glowy" than the ingame text now.

Also i like your critique, so tell me what you think about this:
http://youtu.be/cXo8DcFdewo
Edited by The Barron on Dec 29, 2013 at 02:56 AM

Kozakuu

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 04:45 AM    Msg. 14 of 16       
One thing to know about minimalism is that if it is not properly utilised in video productions the end result is often very weak. Audiences watch videos with the intent to see motion and if you do not supply that they will quickly loose interest. This is the main problem with your video. Cool, you've included all the information necessary on screen for viewers to know what you're talking about but nothing really 'happens' per se; All that occurs onscreen is several boring fade ins and a few object movements. Don't take that in offence though, as you're certainly on the right track but you just need more motion.
tl;dr use more unique transformations or add a 3d plane or something.

If you would like to see some examples of my minimalist video work make sure to subscribe to Halo CE3 Live on youtube as there will be several motion graphics sequences during next year's show.

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 03:31 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Yeah totally understood, no offense taken.

In all honesty, this is the direction i am heading for http://devblogahoy.tumblr.com/

Don't know if you are familiar with xbox ahoy but that level is minimalism is something i like. I hate "copying" somebody but i just love the style alot. I've seen some of the past ce3's and i liked that as well dude! Really great work! What programs do you use?

Kozakuu

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 08:06 AM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Glad you like it, I hope to eclipse everything at CE3 2014.
Quote: --- Original message by: The Barron
What programs do you use?

I use plain old photoshop and after effects as well sony vegas when I'm collaborating with other CE3 team members. You make the art not the program so it doesn't really matter what you use.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri June 23, 2017 11:24 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website