A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Another H2Sapien problem

Author Topic: Another H2Sapien problem (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

HawtShawt

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 03:10 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Alright guys, new here so i apologize ahead of time if this question has already been asked and answered. I've seen a few posts that H2Sapien will not open, it will try to load but then never actually open...it will just stay minimized no matter how many times you try to open it. It's just recently started to work again for some unknown reason. Ever since trying to make my first map last night i've had issues with the ground texture showing up all sorts of crazy blue colors that look pretty pixelated from within H2Sapien (not in max, texture's apply correctly and tile correctly within 3dsmax8), and its definitely not what the original texture looks like. Was wondering if anyone else has had any sort of experience with this problem as well. Thanks in advance guys.

-HawtShawt-

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 08:05 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
You mislabeled the materials in Max, then when you compiled that scenario H2Tool cannot find the proper shaders because you are pointing to the wrong location, thus you get the error shader that is multi-colored. Everyone does this at first.

How to fix it? Fix your materials in 3DS Max, if you are using existing shaders then its simple, open the H2EK tutorial and search for the section on Materials, read it, learn it, use it.

Here are some example Max files you can study to see how I labeled my materials:
http://www.monstrmoose.com/killsalone/Custom_Data_+_Tags/Data/scenarios/multi/

*When I say labeling the material; I mean not just the name of the material but what it says inside of the material, so select one, then go inside of it (we're talking from the Material Editor here). The tutorial should explain the rest and then when you study my Max files you can see some working examples.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue June 25, 2019 10:57 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website