A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »R93 Sniper's thread of random stuff (WIPs/Releases)

Page 13 of 16 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · [13] · 14 · 15 · 16 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: R93 Sniper's thread of random stuff (WIPs/Releases) (555 messages, Page 13 of 16)
Moderators: Dennis

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jun 19, 2014 07:22 PM    Msg. 421 of 555       
I Made a tutorial for 3DS Max shaders if anybody cares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rbeC6gTQA

antiblood

Hail satan, smoke mehth

Posted: Jun 19, 2014 08:48 PM    Msg. 422 of 555       
cool :P

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 12:52 AM    Msg. 423 of 555       
Video cuts out to black in the middle (around 12:37).
Was the audience not to supposed to see what you were doing?
Edited by Dumb AI on Jun 20, 2014 at 12:57 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 03:21 PM    Msg. 424 of 555       
No, Vegas is stupid and does that sometimes when exporting. I guess I didn't catch that

theYellow

Posted: Jun 29, 2014 09:07 AM    Msg. 425 of 555       
can you guys upload the Halo2 Metropolis Map for 3DsMax?
Edited by theYellow on Jun 29, 2014 at 09:18 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 09:28 PM    Msg. 426 of 555       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS048QmM2vo

I made another tutorial, this time covering control maps

Also to answer you Mr.Yellow, I don't have the tools for Halo 2 maps, though I'll look into it soon

Edit: Psst, guys, since nobody decides to bump my thread, I'm just going to sneak this update in here and see how many of you people actually notice

******RELEASE******

Halo Reach Spartans

Yes, Spartans. All of the permutations with ingame names. I didn't bother redoing materials for this one so be sad and just use the Adjutant presets. All the bones are set up properly though, everything (except I think a few armor pieces, which are really just a 'Select all Verts -> Skin to a single bone -> Profit' type deal).

Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87360816/Halo%20Reach%20Spartans%20%28Full%29.rar
I'll upload this to the main HMaps area soon.
Edited by R93_Sniper on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:21 PM
Edited by R93_Sniper on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:22 PM

theYellow

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 09:04 AM    Msg. 427 of 555       
yeah, im still in here some times, hoping for Metropolis.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 09:35 PM    Msg. 428 of 555       
Quote: --- Original message by: theYellow
yeah, im still in here some times, hoping for Metropolis.

What, Halo 2 Metropolis? I don't have any halo 2 extraction tools as of right now so that'd take a bit to do.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 05:58 AM    Msg. 429 of 555       
Thanks!

Caesar

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 10:07 AM    Msg. 430 of 555       
Quote: --- Original message by: Joker
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

Also to answer you Mr.Yellow, I don't have the tools for Halo 2 maps, though I'll look into it soon

Edit: Psst, guys, since nobody decides to bump my thread, I'm just going to sneak this update in here and see how many of you people actually notice

******RELEASE******

Halo Reach Spartans
http://i59.tinypic.com/6gjtrq.jpg

Yes, Spartans. All of the permutations with ingame names. I didn't bother redoing materials for this one so be sad and just use the Adjutant presets. All the bones are set up properly though, everything (except I think a few armor pieces, which are really just a 'Select all Verts -> Skin to a single bone -> Profit' type deal).

Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87360816/Halo%20Reach%20Spartans%20%28Full%29.rar

Sniper how about this, turn off your PC go upstairs in your room and lay down on your bed and think about what your doing. Just stop taking credits from bungie and 343i I understand that you're incompentent doing things by yourself.

He can't make biped model from scratch.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 10:26 AM    Msg. 431 of 555       
Joker (and locke) how about this, shut up. Nobodys taking credit for s***, and even if they didnt credit i think its blatantly obvious where it came from.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Aug 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 10:31 AM    Msg. 432 of 555       
Megasean stop makin fun of them. You are just jealous.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 10:33 AM    Msg. 433 of 555       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Megasean stop makin fun of them. You are just jealous.

Yes im jealous of people who get pissy over everything made by a bunch of kids on a 13 yr old game.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Aug 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 10:35 AM    Msg. 434 of 555       
Megasean I will report you to internet police and tell them that you are being mean to us. You will go to internet jail for this.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 12:08 AM    Msg. 435 of 555       

******RELEASE******

Halo Reach Spartans

Sniper how about this, turn off your PC go upstairs in your room and lay down on your bed and think about what your doing. Just stop taking credits from bungie and 343i I understand that you're incompentent doing things by yourself.

Few things
1. I didn't take credit for the models, textures or any part of that except for setting it up in max.
2. Halo Reach had no contribution from 343i
3. My computer is in my room, both of which are on one of the upper levels of my house, thank you very much

Megasean I will report you to internet police and tell them that you are being mean to us. You will go to internet jail for this.

i'll be honest, this is one of the few times where he's right about something

Quote: --- Original message by: caeserishome

I can, It would simply look like crud. That and I don't have the time to practice organic modeling, especially since I'm more of an animator than anything else. Lazyness also ties it, as well as trying to make something that people here would actually care about
Edited by R93_Sniper on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Edited by R93_Sniper on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:10 AM

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 12:28 AM    Msg. 436 of 555       
Yeah, i just dont understand most of the peoples hate over rips... some people like hunter i can kinda understand but honestly i see no point in complaining. Especially seeing as how making everything from scratch can take like, A REALLY LONG TIME. and most projects that take that risk just crumble into a million pieces. Its not like a game developing studio place thing. Modding is just a hobby to most people.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 12:46 AM    Msg. 437 of 555       
The hate originally came from people ripping and using other people's protected custom tags back in the day, not from "ripping" models from other games. When the ability to port (I say port because that's what the rest of the world outside of this disfunctional forum call this process) content from other games arose, it instantly got a similarly bad rep, though for very few valid reasons. The truth is the ability to port content actually perpetuated the communities' lifespan and popularity brought it out of a pretty bad creative slump after a slew of custom projects were being abandoned and dropped back in the day. It's quite possible that without people discovering simple ways to get their hands on quality content, like porting and ripping, a lot of people would've just moved on and left CE, and I'd go as far as to say that this community could be as dead as The Carnivores Saga modding community (it's a ghost town over there)

A lot of mod communities can actually thrive off of ported content, take Gmod for example, whose community members utilize all the ripped content they have to make fun mods, adventure maps, and awesome game modes for everyone to play, and it's one of the most popular games on PC now.

Edited by Delicon20 on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 07:13 AM    Msg. 438 of 555       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

The hate originally came from people ripping and using other people's protected custom tags back in the day, not from "ripping" models from other games. When the ability to port (I say port because that's what the rest of the world outside of this disfunctional forum call this process) content from other games arose, it instantly got a similarly bad rep, though for very few valid reasons. The truth is the ability to port content actually perpetuated the communities' lifespan and popularity brought it out of a pretty bad creative slump after a slew of custom projects were being abandoned and dropped back in the day. It's quite possible that without people discovering simple ways to get their hands on quality content, like porting and ripping, a lot of people would've just moved on and left CE, and I'd go as far as to say that this community could be as dead as The Carnivores Saga modding community (it's a ghost town over there)

A lot of mod communities can actually thrive off of ported content, take Gmod for example, whose community members utilize all the ripped content they have to make fun mods, adventure maps, and awesome game modes for everyone to play, and it's one of the most popular games on PC now.

Edited by Delicon20 on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:48 AM

/\

Caesar

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 10:51 AM    Msg. 439 of 555       

******RELEASE******

Halo Reach Spartans

Few things
1. I didn't take credit for the models, textures or any part of that except for setting it up in max.
3. My computer is in my room, both of which are on one of the upper levels of my house, thank you very much

I can, It would simply look like crud. That and I don't have the time to practice organic modeling, especially since I'm more of an animator than anything else. Lazyness also ties it, as well as trying to make something that people here would actually care about

Stop making excuses just practice. I don't know how you got into Contingency with that attitude.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 11:09 AM    Msg. 440 of 555       

******RELEASE******

Halo Reach Spartans

Few things

Stop making excuses just practice. I don't know how you got into Contingency with that attitude.

It's funny that this all came from constructive criticism on some model. A model that mind you looks absolutely awful in every single way. I'll take quality rips over stretched UVs any day of the week. Bud, if you weren't so incredibly inbred you would actually be able to read and find out what he is in Contingency for but go ahead and feel superior.

Caesar

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 11:27 AM    Msg. 441 of 555       
Quote: --- Original message by: ftsshot
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101

******RELEASE******

Halo Reach Spartans

Few things

It's funny that this all came from constructive criticism on some model. A model that mind you looks absolutely awful in every single way. I'll take quality rips over stretched UVs any day of the week. Bud, if you weren't so incredibly inbred you would actually be able to read and find out what he is in Contingency for but go ahead and feel superior.

Caeser forget it let him be. Because lecturing him won't help.
I'm not lecturing him because I like to see something amazing what the community can create that 343i and bungie never did. Look I don't even make maps or anything I'm here to play custom but I sort of stopped it because everyone kept ripping and its getting boring. Sniper what is the point to ripp reach model.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 11:49 AM    Msg. 442 of 555       

Lecture me on your wisdom you unevolved ape.
Edited by General_101 on Aug 31, 2014 at 08:37 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 05:11 PM    Msg. 443 of 555       
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101

I'm not lecturing him because I like to see something amazing what the community can create that 343i and bungie never did. Look I don't even make maps or anything I'm here to play custom but I sort of stopped it because everyone kept ripping and its getting boring. Sniper what is the point to ripp reach model.

First off, I got into Contingency as an animator, something I've had years of practice on.

Secondly, you're criticizing that I do rips specifically because I commented on Ssher4's Flood Tarantula. I spent a good 4-5 hours with the guy showing him useful tips and tricks he can use to make the thing feel more believable and visually appealing. If he doesn't want to listen to me that's one thing, but if experienced modelers (Who I've shown the pictures to with Ssher's consent) are also agreeing in the fact that there are changes that need to be made to it, then you know something is up. The idea of the flood tarantula is cool, I agree, but I can see Ssher's potential and he's simply not using it. Also I was giving constructive criticism directed towards him exclusively, so I don't exactly see how or why you're offended.

Thirdly, I practice enough but I don't have the time to work on my modeling skills when my primary interest is animation and my secondary interest is programming (in terms of the creation side of things). I don't have time to dedicate to modeling either considering I have too much stuff going on to keep up with what little I can.

Fourthly, I'm ripping reach models because I can. If they were tags then you should complain but these are just the models which anybody can use for any purpose. Be it making cinematic scenes in 3DS max for the sake of it, creating oneshot scenes (like I do at times) with custom characters and/or canon characters, or just messing around because they can. If you don't like rips, don't download them, its as simple as that. Grow up and stop complaining about it.

@ftsshot Lecturing me on what exactly? I do as I please with what I extract, making it easily available to anybody who wants to use them for their own purposes. As I said to Caeser, if you don't like rips, don't download/use them.

Now before you people try to get my thread locked. Lets get back on topic. If anybody has downloaded the reach model from the link, do you have all the textures you need from it? I tried sending it to somebody before and it ended up having some missing textures. I'd like to ensure that everyone has everything needed.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 05:50 PM    Msg. 444 of 555       
Nvm.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Aug 30, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 07:34 AM    Msg. 445 of 555       
These super long quotes are ridiculous.

My map editor is lagging so bad because of them, any way's any updates r39 sniper?

BTW, Your control map tutorial, was super helpful with setting up materials in an accurate manner.

Thanks!

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 03:12 PM    Msg. 446 of 555       
Why I get this error trying to open the Halo Reach Spartans.max??, and if I click "Open" it says: File Open Failed blabla....

Edited by Isxz on Aug 31, 2014 at 03:14 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 06:21 PM    Msg. 447 of 555       
First error I get occasionally. I think it has something to do with the integration of my cryeditor tools in max

The second error is because I think the file is in Max 2012 format, meaning you'd need a newer version of max to bring it and reverse it into 2010. I COULD set it up in 2010 format but if I go that far i'll end up setting up the IKs and materials (all like 300 of them)

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 05:15 PM    Msg. 448 of 555       
Sup Mystryb0y

And actually that's not entirely true. Max12 has a lot more plugins that start by default and the load times are much different. 2010 took roughly 20 seconds to start, 2012 takes about 50, and 2014 takes about 120 (and this is me with a pretty high end computer)

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 10:40 PM    Msg. 449 of 555       
I thought 3ds Max was enough for Halo CE projects, sorry.
3ds Max 2012, here we go...

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 05:31 PM    Msg. 450 of 555       
if you want to work with CE Projects though, having Max 8 is optimal, 10 works too but 11-13 are a bit messy with compatability. 14 evidently works similarly to 8 though so -shrug-

killzone64

Too many hobbys not enough time

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 10:46 PM    Msg. 451 of 555       
idk what changed from 13 to 14 but .wrl imports work all of a sudden. you cannot use blitzkrieg but bluestreak is better anyways.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 11:49 PM    Msg. 452 of 555       
With my time being otherwise constrained, I did a thing to ease my boredom, and it's quite fun.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 01:09 PM    Msg. 453 of 555       
go and create your own personal halomaps() blogging thread today, and keep the whole retard circus up-to-date with everything that's going on around you: your feelings and opinions, ripping and artwork, and everything inbetween :)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 01:38 PM    Msg. 454 of 555       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
With my time being otherwise constrained, I did a thing to ease my boredom, and it's quite fun.

http://i59.servimg.com/u/f59/18/86/73/49/20141111.jpg
Is that... 3d printed?

Looks like a cookies and cream hershey bar to me.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 04:17 PM    Msg. 455 of 555       
It is indeed 3D Printed

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
go and create your own personal halomaps() blogging thread today, and keep the whole retard circus up-to-date with everything that's going on around you: your feelings and opinions, ripping and artwork, and everything inbetween :)

What I do here isn't of your concern, you can be cancerous somewhere else :)

In news not relating to an autistic child, does anybody want to try texturing the model? It'd look rather nice in a map in general as a random piece. Makes a nice wall mount type thing too.
Edited by R93_Sniper on Nov 25, 2014 at 04:19 PM

Page 13 of 16 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · [13] · 14 · 15 · 16 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 22, 2017 3:14 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website