A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile StKft Release

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile StKft Release (114 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 08:47 AM    Msg. 1 of 114       
Hello and welcome to the StKfT release thread for The Flood: Forgotten Exile!
For those of you who didn't have a chance to catch this at CE3, let me explain what Forgotten Exile is all about.

The Flood: Forgotten Exile is a 5-level Single Player Campaign taking place in custom and revisited levels that involves the player taking control of various flood forms.

The project has been in the works for 3 years now. Stop the Key from Turning (the first level in this campaign) has been our testing ground; our proof of concept.
Over time, the level has evolved into something radically different. We achieved and learned much more than we had ever imagined through our efforts, and the creation process has been highly enjoyable over the years.

You're probably wondering, "What can I expect to see in StKft?". You can expect to see almost all of our assets, announced and unannounced, we've created during this time period. Here's the description from our readme to give you an idea:

"Rampage through the snowy canyons of Alpha Halo, and experience the horrors of a Flood Infestation first-hand.
Encounter new Covenant and Sentinel Enemies, while fighting alongside new and improved Flood forms.
Use enhanced melee, speed, and jumping capabilities to surprise and eliminate your foes.
Play as the Flood, the scourge of the galaxy, and crush all those who would dare stand in your way.
This is The Flood: Forgotten Exile."

There are new weapons, vehicles, effects, enemies, allies, dialogue, sounds, scenery, third and first person animations; and so much more (For a full list of changes and features added from v0.1b to v1.0r, see the bottom of this post).

Words won't do this level justice, so instead, here is a nice load of pictures to give a better glimpse:

At the bottom of this post, you will find the download link for this map. Our first full release for the campaign.

Inside this file you're gonna find a few things:
First, is obviously, the .map file. Secondly, you've got the readme, and finally, the Manual.
"Do I really need a manual for a mod?" you ask. Chances are, you do. The Manual is there for a reason. Putting the player in the persona of a Flood Combat form has obvious major changes inherent in the gameplay. So reading the Manual if you are new to our Mod is a good idea.

The Manual also contains some information about how the map itself actually plays. So I STRONGLY suggest reading. You can get it by clicking the download link at the bottom of this page.

Of course, if you don't want to read the Manual, feel free to dive right in. It is your prerogative after-all.

So, what now? Simple!
Download and have fun playing!

PS: You may find a couple of easter eggs :). And there may be some issues with OS.

Note: If you see anything that we haven't openly talked about, chances are it was for a reason. Alert people to the spoilers in your post before discussing! Don't ruin the surprises for others!

StKft Download:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/flood-campaign-project/downloads/stop-the-key-from-turning-v10r

http://www.mediafire.com/?x43m0kt0l06f9z5

Download link for the Manual:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dlkr2j8rlbtboo3

For those of you interested, you can visit our YT page here, and check out some of our videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FloodCampaignCE?feature=mhee

Finally to add, we're going to be releasing our tags separately too so you can download those which you want, and not the entire map.

I'd also like to apologise for the delay for releasing, but some bugs came up that I was not happy to ship the map with. So I decided to fix, then upload.

P.P.S: Uploading to HaloMaps now.
Edited by Lone Warrior on Sep 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 08:53 AM    Msg. 2 of 114       
Awesome! A great start to a campaign. I'm looking forward to the custom BSP's in the future and encounters but this will hold me until then ;)

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 09:25 AM    Msg. 3 of 114       
Cool.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 09:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Caboose 14
Really cool.

that new covie turrets looks like a mechanized corpser but... with only 3 front legs.
looking forward to more flood action!!! keep up the awesome work!

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 11:05 AM    Msg. 5 of 114       
I am loving this, I know concepts like this have been ridiculed in the past, but I am genuinely excited to play this.

will report back after finishing the level.

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 11:51 AM    Msg. 6 of 114       
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I've just finished uploading to HaloMaps, but I'm not sure how long Dennis will take before it's uploaded to the site.

Until then, use the Moddb/Mediafire links and try and keep the feedback in this thread and not the other one that we use :).

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 12:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 114       
As seen at CE3 2012! Looks awesome so far! Wootwootz!

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 12:14 PM    Msg. 8 of 114       
played through it,

(sorta-spoiler) found myself yelling oh my god out loud when I encountered a certain forrunner entity, but I say no more cause I don't want to spoil the fun. It was definitely one of the greatest campaign experiences I've played in awhile. The immersive flood hud was really cool, as well as the first person hands and animations
Edited by Delicon20 on Sep 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 12:57 PM    Msg. 9 of 114       
downloading now, really been looking forward to this

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 01:38 PM    Msg. 10 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
downloading now, really been looking forward to this

SPV3 remake plox

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 02:18 PM    Msg. 11 of 114       
issues I found/things I did not like:

-there was a lot of flickering with the textures

-getting out of any turret/vehicle produces a sort of "bungee" zoom (zooms way out, then back in) that is really disorienting

-moar flood biomass textures! the brown blobs seem lacking, maybe you can rip them from halo 2? making them move and twitch would be cool too.

-throughout the campaign, I found myself running and gunning a lot, not sure how to fix this, but try slowing down the pace of the game

-the lack of a scope killed me, I know it's not canon, but I found myself taking more potshots than I would have liked. This made the only weapon effective against the sentinels the plasma rifle, which takes way to long to cool off.

-the FP assault rifle looks strange, I think it needs more grit texture

-I think you could have introduced a certain quadruped more than in just one room

-you could also have done well with more enforcers, perhaps and one in the area where you are exiting the cave, and one in the control room?

-the conflict in the area with the enforcer was over way to quickly, maybe add more (like 2), combined with some low-level sentinels

-enforcer shields did not show (I don't think it's my card, this computer is brand new)

-the cool off time on the plasma rifle was a bit too long, I would rather have a slower ROF, than a longer period where the weapon is disabled

-the super elites are way overkill, maybe one in a room per conflict, but four? that combined with no reticle was murder

-instead of a flood pelican, maybe a flooded covenant dropship

Things I liked/things that stood out:

-the custom enemies. they were all creative, but the placement could have been better

-the custom content in general, everything looked professional and cleanly done, most of them were well balanced, and the aesthetics were, for the most part, beautiful

-the atmosphere, just..that

over all, I loved it, the campaign was fun, if not rushed. I think that there are certainly some improvements to be made, but this is on the right track, and I look forward to further releases.
Edited by SilentJacket on Sep 16, 2012 at 02:34 PM

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 03:10 PM    Msg. 12 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: SilentJacket
-there was a lot of flickering with the textures

I experienced that too, I assumed it was a graphics card issue however, as people had reported not experiencing it. So I'm not sure - with that said, if it's a shader issue, it'll be fixed for later levels.

-getting out of any turret/vehicle produces a sort of "bungee" zoom (zooms way out, then back in) that is really disorienting

I'm not 100% positive of this, but if you were using OS, that might have been what was causing the issue. If not - it could be the camera tracks for the vehicles. FOV in vehicles and outside are set to 89, so that shouldn't be the problem.

-moar flood biomass textures! the brown blobs seem lacking, maybe you can rip them from halo 2? making them move and twitch would be cool too.

We used both the Flood scenery textures from Halo 2, and the Halo 1 carrier texture. As for animated Flood blobs, none of the main biomass stuff actually moved. If you're thinking of the infection form pods, I can confirm they'll be in later levels.

-the lack of a scope killed me, I know it's not canon, but I found myself taking more potshots than I would have liked. This made the only weapon effective against the sentinels the plasma rifle, which takes way to long to cool off.

We enabled an option for turning on/off crosshairs that should have been in the readme. If it isn't, then that's my fault and I take blame for that. Weapons vs Sentinels are exactly the same as normal Halo. Plasma is best against them, this being PR/PP.

(P.S: The script for turning on/off crosshairs is done by typing "wake crosshair1" in console without quotations when playing the map. To turn them off again, type "wake crosshair0" in console" without quotations.)

-the FP assault rifle looks strange, I think it needs more grit texture

I'm gonna disagree with you here, it looks fine in its current state. If we were to add dirt to every weapon it would be kind of strange. Aside from that, I'd prefer to keep the look of the original weapon-set.

-I think you could have introduced a certain quadruped more than in just one room

We were limited with what we could do because it was a stock level. This is probably the biggest fault I think StKft has, and in later issues it won't be an issue thankfully.

-you could also have done well with more enforcers, perhaps and one in the area where you are exiting the cave, and one in the control room?

One is more than enough for a boss fight. If I added two on that bridge it would have been nothing short of a repetitive massacre.

-enforcer shields did not show (I don't think it's my card, this computer is brand new)

As far as I'm aware it's a permutation that will appear at random. Sometimes it will spawn with a shield, sometimes it won't. Will fix for later versions.

-the cool off time on the plasma rifle was a bit too long, I would rather have a slower ROF, than a longer period where the weapon is disabled

Will definitely look into that. It was meant to function like the original. If the cool-down is longer then it's a problem.

-the super elites are way overkill, maybe one in a room per conflict, but four? that combined with no reticle was murder

I'm not sure, but are you talking about the Incinerators(Dudes with flamethrowers)? Because you fought a max of two of those at any one time.

-instead of a flood pelican, maybe a flooded covenant dropship

It's planned to be added at a later stage :).

This is the sort of feedback is what we need by the way. In-depth analysis of potential problems to be fixed for later versions.

Keep the feedback coming! I'm taking notes of all potential issues.
Edited by Lone Warrior on Sep 16, 2012 at 03:13 PM

Nickster5000

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 03:49 PM    Msg. 13 of 114       
One thing I noticed: Grenade HUD icons were enabled even though grenades were disabled (easy fix)

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 04:02 PM    Msg. 14 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick
One thing I noticed: Grenade HUD icons were enabled even though grenades were disabled (easy fix)

Unless you're using cheat_infinite_ammo then you won't see them.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 04:16 PM    Msg. 15 of 114       
had mixed feelings about the map

The Good
-Atmosphere and mood was awesome. really loved the zone that was starting to be "cortanaed"
-Incinerator is great to see back in the game
-Flood vehicles
-having lots of allies
-the cutscenes, especially the one with 343.
-mini sentinels were cool, I liked fighting them more than regular. then again, I'm the only person I know who enjoyed fighting drones, and they felt similar.
-The "crawlers" were really awesome.
-I liked fighting the enforcers. Ironically, this is the first time I've ever seen the CMT ones skinned in game, they were never done when we parted on SPV2
-New turret was really cool as well.

The Bad
-I know you guys like what you did with the HUD, but I thought it was pretty bad. It was never clear to me where my health was and the lack of reticule makes lots of weapons worthless.
-No Grenades? Felt weird to be missing out on one of the core aspects of halo. For CMT we've been toying with the idea of a flood grenade for the future, that would infect other units. If you're interested, I'd be more than happy to work on it with you. I'd suggest making it the only grenade the floof can use, by replacing the frag slot with it.
-On the OS note, this mod screams for infections and mutations.
-Character felt different, but I felt as a flood I should be able to run faster and jump even higher. I felt different than a spartan, but not too different.
-Your a flood, but why are you so special? I kept thinking to myself, this would be a cool what if the Master Chief was turned by the flood mission. I don't now what your story plans are, but it be neat if you can legitimize why this one flood is so special.
-Can't use the Incinerator!!!
-Took a while before I realized what the health packs were. Maybe attach some sort of particle effect to them so the motion attracts the player? Or maybe some other sort of health system, where you gain health by killing enemies? Lots of potential room for exploration here.

Overall, it was fun, and it was interesting, but I feel there's a lot of untapped potential in this. 7/10 in my book.
Edited by Masters1337 on Sep 16, 2012 at 04:17 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 04:35 PM    Msg. 16 of 114       

had mixed feelings about the map

The Good
-Atmosphere and mood was awesome. really loved the zone that was starting to be "cortanaed"
-Incinerator is great to see back in the game
-Flood vehicles
-having lots of allies
-the cutscenes, especially the one with 343.
-mini sentinels were cool, I liked fighting them more than regular. then again, I'm the only person I know who enjoyed fighting drones, and they felt similar.
-The "crawlers" were really awesome.
-I liked fighting the enforcers. Ironically, this is the first time I've ever seen the CMT ones skinned in game, they were never done when we parted on SPV2
-New turret was really cool as well.

The Bad
-I know you guys like what you did with the HUD, but I thought it was pretty bad. It was never clear to me where my health was and the lack of reticule makes lots of weapons worthless.
-No Grenades? Felt weird to be missing out on one of the core aspects of halo. For CMT we've been toying with the idea of a flood grenade for the future, that would infect other units. If you're interested, I'd be more than happy to work on it with you. I'd suggest making it the only grenade the floof can use, by replacing the frag slot with it.
-Character felt different, but I felt as a flood I should be able to run faster and jump even higher. I felt different than a spartan, but not too different.
-Your a flood, but why are you so special? I kept thinking to myself, this would be a cool what if the Master Chief was turned by the flood mission. I don't now what your story plans are, but it be neat if you can legitimize why this one flood is so special.
-Took a while before I realized what the health packs were. Maybe attach some sort of particle effect to them so the motion attracts the player? Or maybe some other sort of health system, where you gain health by killing enemies? Lots of potential room for exploration here.

Overall, it was fun, and it was interesting, but I feel there's a lot of untapped potential in this. 7/10 in my book.
Edited by Masters1337 on Sep 16, 2012 at 04:17 PM

Cool idea. I was also for enabling grenades but well, I'm not the leader. I'm also working on something to spawn infections forms, I suggested Lone about throwing them like grenades (would grow and explode) but he wanted to attach it as a function.

And the incinerator appears to be unusable because of the heavy equipement needed.

We need people voices about these choices I think, to make lone change his mind :O

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 04:41 PM    Msg. 17 of 114       
The Bad

I do think that health should be shown easier, but with that said, I am TOTALLY against putting health bar and such on-screen. It'll just ruin immersion entirely. I think the way to go would be to add some sort of increasing colour (no, not red, floody green) to signify total health.

We had been considering a sort of Flood grenade but we have a few issues with it. First is that the Flood never used grenades in any of the games (that's assuming 343 hasn't done it for the Flood in Halo 4 if they've added them). Secondly is that it doesn't fit with how the Flood fight battles. They try to close the gap as quick as possible and enter melee range. That's what the increased melee damage and speed was meant to give the player an incentive to do.

I'm still against using OS until some of the issue are fixed. Incompatibility with people not using it (they can't load the maps unless they've got it installed) being the biggest issue. I like OS, I just think it needs a lot of work before we consider using it.

Originally the jump height was larger, but we had to nerf that for a good reason (Read: Being able to hop between bridges and skip a particular encounter). As for player speed, it could probably be moved up a bit, but we'll have to see how it affects balance.

The biggest issue I have with editing jump height (just to add) is that the player can't really determine how high he wants to jump. It's only the height you can set that it uses.

This is probably one of the biggest issues I had too. It was in the back of my head for a while. For a time when we started, we made the character like the others, but it just made the difficulty so hard, it was no longer fun.

It's a big issue for us. We want to create an authentic flood mod, but we also want to keep things balanced and fun at the same time. This is probably one of the major things we'll be working on for later levels.

We're gonna change that, don't worry :).

Reading the Manual should have showed you exactly what they were lol.

As for attaching a particle effect, I like that idea. Definitely something we'll look into doing for later levels.

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 04:47 PM    Msg. 18 of 114       
I think this project is another great example of how a small group of dedicated people can come together to make something very special.

The new assets in this map are very well thought out, and I find myself agreeing with most if not all design decisions the creators made.

- The new HUD is creative, and works very well. It fits in with the infected feeling of the flood biped.
- The included manual is very well written, and provides a detailed explanation for each design decision. Everyone should read this before playing.
- The encounters are creative and well executed. I know that Lone and Koo put their heart and soul into this project, and it really shows. There's several very memorable encounters in there, and if you manage to survive them they feel that much more special.
- As for the lack of HUD elements, I don't feel this is an issue. I would imagine a flood combat form to be able to be less better suited to judging distances, as they don't actually use eyes. The lack of HUD elements also enforces this.
- I do not feel the flood need to use grenades. They never did, and never should imo. There's several changes to the player biped that "compensate" for it being a flood combat form. You can jump higher, run faster, and melee harder. Harder, better, faster, stronger. It makes for some very memorable moments when you jump+melee a hunter to death.
- I'm very much looking forward to see what Lone and Koo plan for their custom BSPs, if they are as creative with those as they are with their new assets and encounters, I am confident that it will be fantastic.

I won't hide this under any chairs or tables. This project is my favorite project made by other people on this website (along with Firefight Descent). I simply love it, it's very polished and made with Scottish love.

Yarrrr indeed!
A well deserved 9/10, losing only a point because this BSP isn't custom :-)

- Lodeman <3

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 05:31 PM    Msg. 19 of 114       
I beat it on normal.Big personal achievement!

Pros:
Flood punch is basically fatal(like it should be)
Survival chance is high(depends on weapon choices)
Balanced encounters
Cons:
Flamethrower Elites(a bit hard to kill and unorthodox unit)
Could use more health packs for some areas
At one point,I couldn't backtrack to get health.The BSP part wasn't loaded.

The lack of zoom and reticule is fine with me.I could do just fine without them.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 05:56 PM    Msg. 20 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
The Bad

I do think that health should be shown easier, but with that said, I am TOTALLY against putting health bar and such on-screen. It'll just ruin immersion entirely. I think the way to go would be to add some sort of increasing colour (no, not red, floody green) to signify total health.

We had been considering a sort of Flood grenade but we have a few issues with it. First is that the Flood never used grenades in any of the games (that's assuming 343 hasn't done it for the Flood in Halo 4 if they've added them). Secondly is that it doesn't fit with how the Flood fight battles. They try to close the gap as quick as possible and enter melee range. That's what the increased melee damage and speed was meant to give the player an incentive to do.

I'm still against using OS until some of the issue are fixed. Incompatibility with people not using it (they can't load the maps unless they've got it installed) being the biggest issue. I like OS, I just think it needs a lot of work before we consider using it.

Originally the jump height was larger, but we had to nerf that for a good reason (Read: Being able to hop between bridges and skip a particular encounter). As for player speed, it could probably be moved up a bit, but we'll have to see how it affects balance.

The biggest issue I have with editing jump height (just to add) is that the player can't really determine how high he wants to jump. It's only the height you can set that it uses.

This is probably one of the biggest issues I had too. It was in the back of my head for a while. For a time when we started, we made the character like the others, but it just made the difficulty so hard, it was no longer fun.

It's a big issue for us. We want to create an authentic flood mod, but we also want to keep things balanced and fun at the same time. This is probably one of the major things we'll be working on for later levels.

We're gonna change that, don't worry :).

Reading the Manual should have showed you exactly what they were lol.

As for attaching a particle effect, I like that idea. Definitely something we'll look into doing for later levels.

why not make the character part of a group of flood, similar to a squad, but they move ahead of the player. That way he'll just be part of the swarm and not be anything special. After some flood die off replacements can quickly spawn in. It'd ruin those lone wolf moments but in retrospect those aren't the kind of scenarios that'd make sense for flood anyway. I've never seen a lone combat form ever in halo

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 06:09 PM    Msg. 21 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
why not make the character part of a group of flood, similar to a squad, but they move ahead of the player. That way he'll just be part of the swarm and not be anything special. After some flood die off replacements can quickly spawn in. It'd ruin those lone wolf moments but in retrospect those aren't the kind of scenarios that'd make sense for flood anyway. I've never seen a lone combat form ever in halo

Making the player part of a squad that move ahead of the bulk of the Flood would both eliminate the potential for solo encounters and large-scale battles.

The idea seems cool, but it would really limit what we can do in terms of gameplay. As much as solo encounters aren't part of how the Flood operate it can happen. For example, at the beginning of the first level, you've just been released, and there aren't many Flood to go around.

Using StKft as an example, one of the encounters that has recieved the best feedback (here, over xfire, and on Moddb) was a solo encounter (I think anyone who plays the map has a good idea of what I'm talking about).

Something I've been discussing with people has led to a potential story-line reason for it, something that already fits with the story currently.

We'll think of something - I'd just rather it not have a drastic effect on potential encounters.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Flamethrower Elites(a bit hard to kill and unorthodox unit)
At one point,I couldn't backtrack to get health.The BSP part wasn't loaded.

Could you elaborate on what exactly made the Flamethrower Elites hard to kill, and which BSP you couldn't backtrack to. I'll note these down.
Edited by Lone Warrior on Sep 16, 2012 at 06:11 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 06:25 PM    Msg. 22 of 114       
Well,since Flood are especially vulnerable to fire(in-game and in-story),I had to stay back fairly far away.I had to use 2 rockets to kill ONE.Rocket ammo is rather scarce.

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 06:31 PM    Msg. 23 of 114       
Well,since Flood are especially vulnerable to fire(in-game and in-story),I had to stay back fairly far away.I had to use 2 rockets to kill ONE.Rocket ammo is rather scarce.

Ouch... I've never had the chance to use Rockets in that encounter, and none of our testers had either.

For later levels I'll nerf the Shield a bit, but I'll give my reasoning behind it being this high to begin with.

The main reason would be that once it drops, the Incinerators become pretty weak to infection forms and melee, on-top of this, a few direct hits to the plasma canister on their back will cause it to detonate. So shields being high was more to stop them being raped quickly.

However, I can see that has had the opposite effect. I'll see about nerfing their shields like I said. Added to fixes list :).

Oh, and the bsp?
Edited by Lone Warrior on Sep 16, 2012 at 06:32 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 06:39 PM    Msg. 24 of 114       
Those incinerators... yeah lol. My ass got raped a few times.

But I loved the level. Good progression, nice music and encounters, and the elite-monitor conversation was priceless.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 07:00 PM    Msg. 25 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior

Ouch... I've never had the chance to use Rockets in that encounter, and none of our testers had either.

For later levels I'll nerf the Shield a bit, but I'll give my reasoning behind it being this high to begin with.

The main reason would be that once it drops, the Incinerators become pretty weak to infection forms and melee, on-top of this, a few direct hits to the plasma canister on their back will cause it to detonate. So shields being high was more to stop them being raped quickly.

However, I can see that has had the opposite effect. I'll see about nerfing their shields like I said. Added to fixes list :).

Oh, and the bsp?
Edited by Lone Warrior on Sep 16, 2012 at 06:32 PM

Nevermind about it.

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 07:06 PM    Msg. 26 of 114       
Nevermind about it.

Alright then, thanks for reply with the feedback anyway, have added them to the fixes list.

To anyone else who's played the map, or is going to: Keep the feedback coming! We're looking to get every major issue down and rooted out for our next map.

Thanks to everyone else who's posted with issues and feedback so far.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 10:07 PM    Msg. 27 of 114       
If you don't want a health bar, you should be able to make a function go into the fp arms model. maybe have parts of the arm pulse really quickly the lower your health is?

Also, have you thought about enlarging the motion sensor into a sound sensor that would appear on corners of the screen? You could tweak it so only the fastest moving objects show up.
Edited by Masters1337 on Sep 16, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I was 440347

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 11:50 PM    Msg. 28 of 114       
You can upload to http://hce.halomaps.org/ above to

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 01:03 AM    Msg. 29 of 114       

If you don't want a health bar, you should be able to make a function go into the fp arms model. maybe have parts of the arm pulse really quickly the lower your health is?

Also, have you thought about enlarging the motion sensor into a sound sensor that would appear on corners of the screen? You could tweak it so only the fastest moving objects show up.
Edited by Masters1337 on Sep 16, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I don't see what's wrong with the way it is currently.
Blurry = low health. A very simple system that works, and is less annoying then a pulsasting screen effect.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 04:25 AM    Msg. 30 of 114       
How blurry does it get till you die? No one knows... until you die.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 07:40 AM    Msg. 31 of 114       

So die once and then we don't have a problem? It's a very simple system and it worked for me personally.

Svanke Svans

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 09:58 AM    Msg. 32 of 114       
It would've helped if you kept the heartbeating sound effect to tell the player he's about to die

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 10:03 AM    Msg. 33 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Svanke Svans
It would've helped if you kept the heartbeating sound effect to tell the player he's about to die

flood don't have heartbeats

I think that if anything, you should gauge the floods health by the damage to the flesh, the more damage you take, the less of your left arm you can see. when you can't see your arm anymore, you're dead

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 10:07 AM    Msg. 34 of 114       
This was my biggest problem with that. Making it more difficult for the player to see when your health is low is somewhat irritating. Anyone who has ever lost their shields in Mass Effect 3 can tell you that.

And I told Lone to add more Enforcers, but he ne never did it. :B

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 11:02 AM    Msg. 35 of 114       

Fair point. But I just thought to myself when it got super blurry => time to find a flood blob pack.
Super blurry is roughly equal to a red health meter I'd say. To me it was just intuition, although I can understand not everyone can immediately adjust to a new health system as easily.

But once you're used to it, I'd say this health system works very well.

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 11:00 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website