A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile StKft Release

Page 3 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile StKft Release (114 messages, Page 3 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 05:37 PM    Msg. 71 of 114       
Major Problems include (these are unavoidable)

* Once you have a dual, and you switch back to single, your ammo counts and grenade counts are reset to default (as if you jsut picked it up)
* when you drop the second gun, it dissapears.
* You can only pick up the second where they spawn
* when you die, you do not drop any weapons if you had a dual combo.
* Plasma pistol is un-dualable
(this is due to bungies use of BOTH triggers in one weapon, so when you fire it fires primary, but when you overcharge it automatically switches to secondary fire, thus not allowing a secondary gun.)

It at the moment DOES NOT SYNC ON MULTIPLAYER!! But feel free to try to make it, if you succeed i want to see how.

licon4812

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:00 PM    Msg. 72 of 114       
that is only one tag but there is more i gave you and The flood forgoten exile is single player not multiplayer and you dont have to drop wepons and thats good that the amo counts back because there are wepons that you can only find once besides that can be a good thing and a bad
Edited by licon4812 on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 12:18 AM    Msg. 73 of 114       
But really what's the point of dual wielding? Especially in a flood campaign, where the spotlight is on the flood.
Personally the idea of using a flood arm beats dual wielding any day.

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 10:48 AM    Msg. 74 of 114       
For dual wielding I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Spartan314. Using the melee arm just beats the hell out of (no pun intended) using dual weapons.

The biggest issue I've got with it is that it doesn't suit the Flood first off, and secondly it doesn't function how it does in Halo 2, in the ways Maniac pointed out.

It just doesn't seem like a worthwhile addition to me.
Edited by Lone Warrior on Sep 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 11:22 AM    Msg. 75 of 114       
Brace yourself...
FOR
THE
EXILE
OF
THE
FLOOD!
(inside joke)

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 06:14 PM    Msg. 76 of 114       
Who cares if it's not like Halo 2?It's supposed to be similar to dual wielding in the E3 Halo 2 build.

You don't have to pick it up.And as for you,LoneWarrior,no one will force you to add it.

Spartan314

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 12:09 AM    Msg. 77 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Who cares if it's not like Halo 2?It's supposed to be similar to dual wielding in the E3 Halo 2 build.

Too bad it doesn't work without any bugs.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 10:04 AM    Msg. 78 of 114       
Did you look at the dual plasma pistol tags?
Probably not.
Edited by Dumb AI on Sep 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 10:46 AM    Msg. 79 of 114       
Is it relevant that he looked at them?
Probably not.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 11:12 AM    Msg. 80 of 114       
It is relevant to his post.If he had actually tested it and/or looked at the readme,he would know that those tags work fine with no bugs.That is an example of dual-weapon tags that don't have any bugs.
The only problem is the 3p view is vastly different from fp view.
Edited by Dumb AI on Sep 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 12:40 PM    Msg. 81 of 114       
Actually I'm pretty sure with OS you could make a Dual wielded PP work. We're looking into a lot of enhancements for the weapons now as well. Not that this mod needs dual wielding...

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 02:04 PM    Msg. 82 of 114       
You can already make a weapon with 4 triggers using scripts (An extremely similar process can be done without OS, but it takes a lot more effort)
Watch my video on the H3 pp battery drain stuff. Do that, except when you stop charging create the charged shot on the weapon *shrug* Of course, if you do that in multiplayer, it wont be your kill, as well as all the effort to align the shot with where the player is aiming, but still.

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 02:16 PM    Msg. 83 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Actually I'm pretty sure with OS you could make a Dual wielded PP work. We're looking into a lot of enhancements for the weapons now as well. Not that this mod needs dual wielding...

I heard OS will cook your breakfast for you too.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 02:38 PM    Msg. 84 of 114       
I heard it helps one map not be three maps.

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 03:23 PM    Msg. 85 of 114       
Hi Masterz.

My point was that you don't have to advertise OS in every thread you can, the debate about dual wielding had already been settled in that they simply do not want dual wielding for gameplay reasons. I realise you want to recruit Lone and Koo for your own project, to quickly absorb their level design talent into a team that desperately needs it. Just like you wanted to do with the Lumoria team. That doesn't mean you have to spam OS' advantages in every thread you can. That includes our thread, that includes this thread. We all know what it's advantates are, and its disadvantages.

If you really want to recruit talented level designers, then try acting less arrogant. Try being more respectful towards people. Eg. stating that you missed CE3 because you thought your team was too good for it (your own words). Laughing behind people their backs is also not appreciated, which is why I am amazed that Shadowspartan is still your "friend". You literaly laugh in his face on xbox live, and that is but the tip of the iceberg.

If you really wish to spam people their threads with OS then try a PM instead. Otherwise I hear people refuse your friend requests on xfire, or even remove you when you act like an ass to their friends.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 03:39 PM    Msg. 86 of 114       
Dude, my post was on topic to the current discussion. I wasn't aware being helpful was a frowned upon. Would you be complaining if I pointed out a non OS way of doing it as Kirby did?

I have no intention of trying to recruit anyone from this team or absorb them, not to mention, they haven't shown any level design that isn't using stock BSPs. So I don't know what you're trying to get at.

You are putting words in my mouth about CE3. My reasoning was that we get enough attention as is, and CE3 is a time for people in the CE community to show their work and be recognized. We wanted to leave the stage open for others not ourselves, even though we could have shown some amazing things.

I don't know what you are talking about me laughing behind peoples backs, or me not supporting my friends when I have given you every chance despite your attitude towards my friends and my team.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 03:51 PM    Msg. 87 of 114       
I have no intention of trying to recruit anyone from this team or absorb them, not to mention, they haven't shown any level design that isn't using stock BSPs. So I don't know what you're trying to get at.

Yes they have. Please do your research before stating something that is not true.

Please look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlT0iK2Qc0&feature=plcp

You are putting words in my mouth about CE3. My reasoning was that we get enough attention as is, and CE3 is a time for people in the CE community to show their work and be recognized. We wanted to leave the stage open for others not ourselves, even though we could have shown some amazing things.

That entire quote is basically you saying "we are too good for CE3", and that your project would have been the only thing worth watching. You can feel the ego-ness resonate off of it, dear god.
Edited by Higuy on Sep 26, 2012 at 03:54 PM

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 04:09 PM    Msg. 88 of 114       
Offering a way to do dual wielding even if it was stated that they weren't interested, is not helpful. It's just promoting OS wherever you can. I wouldn't have called you out on it if it wasn't a recurring phenomenon.

You are blind if you don't see the level design talent of Lone and Koo.
Sure they re-used existing BSPs for this demo level. But they were VERY creative with them. Re-using bsps doesn't mean copying old encounters. And as Higuy said, they have already shown their ambition and talent, and I don't appreciate you belittling them.

Your rating of 7/10 is by far the lowest given here, and shows you fear their competition when it comes to making Flood related missions. So perhaps you just want to hide your attempt to recruit talented level designers, out of some form of pride. I think this is most likely.

As for CE3, case proved.

As for Shadowspartan, you laugh and spit in his face when we played together on Live. And you frankly did the same on Xfire when you talked about his personal life. But I don't expect you to man up and admit it, as you need his skills.

Also, me stating OS could make your breakfast was a witty joke to illustrate your OS promotion.
But you had to go beyond that, nice one ;-)

licon4812

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 04:11 PM    Msg. 89 of 114       
well know efense but the helth system sucks to shots and it goes blury and for people that cant aim there should be aiming targets and second of all duleweild awsome

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 04:58 PM    Msg. 90 of 114       
I think we should implement triple wielding. What's wrong with the flood acquiring a few extra limbs? If they can grow arm spikes, they can grow arm arms. Plus it adds the unique level dynamic of being able to fight 3 enforcers at once, a challenge that each member of the flood horde must face to grow to their final form, and be accepted into the Flood Elite.

E: passed the idea to lone. We've reached the agreement that it will be going in the mod.
Edited by Koo294 on Sep 26, 2012 at 04:59 PM

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 05:09 PM    Msg. 91 of 114       
That idea is 2 Kool294 Skool.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 06:22 PM    Msg. 92 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Yes they have. Please do your research before stating something that is not true.

Please look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlT0iK2Qc0&feature=plcp

That entire quote is basically you saying "we are too good for CE3", and that your project would have been the only thing worth watching. You can feel the ego-ness resonate off of it, dear god.
Edited by Higuy on Sep 26, 2012 at 03:54 PM

wow, using someone's ignorance against them, that wasn't a jackass move or anything Higuy

and the fact that masterz didn't know they had posted level design and therefore wasn't planning to recruit them totally didn't make your statement unneeded and moot

and this totally isn't sarcasm ;)
Edited by Delicon20 on Sep 26, 2012 at 06:23 PM

licon4812

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 06:24 PM    Msg. 93 of 114       
i recon thats the best idea ever triple wileding i mean that would hard and growing limbs even harder but its the best idea i have herd so far

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 06:28 PM    Msg. 94 of 114       
3 arms with 3 guns.Well,looks like we'll need access to even more weapons.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 07:17 PM    Msg. 95 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman
Offering a way to do dual wielding even if it was stated that they weren't interested, is not helpful. It's just promoting OS wherever you can. I wouldn't have called you out on it if it wasn't a recurring phenomenon.

You are blind if you don't see the level design talent of Lone and Koo.
Sure they re-used existing BSPs for this demo level. But they were VERY creative with them. Re-using bsps doesn't mean copying old encounters. And as Higuy said, they have already shown their ambition and talent, and I don't appreciate you belittling them.

Your rating of 7/10 is by far the lowest given here, and shows you fear their competition when it comes to making Flood related missions. So perhaps you just want to hide your attempt to recruit talented level designers, out of some form of pride. I think this is most likely.

As for CE3, case proved.

As for Shadowspartan, you laugh and spit in his face when we played together on Live. And you frankly did the same on Xfire when you talked about his personal life. But I don't expect you to man up and admit it, as you need his skills.

Also, me stating OS could make your breakfast was a witty joke to illustrate your OS promotion.
But you had to go beyond that, nice one ;-)

I wasn't offering a way to do dual wielding, I was making a remark to someone about what is and isn't possible in CE with recent advances. Maybe that person will now go do it and do something cool with the information I provided, maybe they won't. I don't see why you are upset at me pointing something out.

That new BSP does look cool, but I didn't know about it until it was pointed out. So how exactly am I belittling them?

I already made a post that went over my problems with the map along with helpful suggestions and criticisms, which many people agreed with. The map is still a WIP, and I'll probably end up giving it a 8 out of 10 when it's done The CMT SPV3 a50 gets a 8/10 in my book and Lumoria E1 is a 9/10 in my book, I don't think most people would have a problem with those ratings.

I am not afraid of their "competition", because we don't compete. They are making a flood campaign, while I am revamping the stock one. They have completely different goals from us, as our goals and different from theirs. They want to expand the Forerunners and the Covenant as enemies, we want to expand the Flood as an enemy. I enjoyed playing this mod and seeing their take on it, and I look forward to what they do in the future.

If CMT participated in CE3 and showed all our stuff, you'd be complaining that we were trying to make us the center of the show, just like you've complained before when we reformed how we were trying to be the center of attention of the CE community. You're going to find faults in our actions either way. We had good intentions in our actions, and while I don't necessarily care what you think of them, I would feel hurt if the people who worked on great projects felt people were ignoring them because we made an announcement.

Shadowspartan has been my best friend in the CE community, even when I myself have not been part of it. Me admitting that he has some personality flaws is not spitting on his face, it's me saying he isn't perfect (which no person is, including me and you). I've actually tried to get him out of CE dev multiple times, and he's purchased a Mac so we can do iOS work together. I am not his friend for his CE skills.

OS is a part of CE now and if it's relevant to the conversation, I will bring it up. It's an extremely broad and powerful tool. Just because you don't find it useful yet doesn't mean I should be banned from talking about it.
Edited by Masters1337 on Sep 26, 2012 at 07:21 PM
Edited by Masters1337 on Sep 26, 2012 at 07:27 PM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 08:25 PM    Msg. 96 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: licon4812
i recon thats the best idea ever triple wileding i mean that would hard and growing limbs even harder but its the best idea i have herd so far

no, not 3 arms

we need a flood evolution MADE of arms. imagine all the weapons, raining blistering plasma and searing bullets upon our foes! one man army for sure.

licon4812

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 11:39 PM    Msg. 97 of 114       
it would be awsome

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 01:24 AM    Msg. 98 of 114       
@Masterz

You do it everywhere you can, specifically about OS. It is about promotion, nothing more. Everyone here knows what magic it supposedly offers.

And you said yourself "they have showed no level design skills thus far", which is bull. They showed it even in re-using stock BSPs. Anyone can see that, except someone oblivious to what is in front of them.

Your "helpful" suggestions came down to "hey use infection forms from OS", along with a few agreements by some "casual" players who complained about the health system. Your score was by far the lowest either way, it's a way to show your disappreciation for quality that you've never reached yourself. This map in it's current state is far superior in gameplay than any SPvX so far. You just don't want that to be happening I assume.

This entire forum is a "competition" in a way, everyone's work is up for people to compare. I also love how you say "I" am revamping the stock one. You are not, you should use "We", as I doubt you're doing even 5% of the work involved. But hey maybe you're doing 15%

As for CE3, that's bull. I even recommended you to join in, and told you it was for fun. Your attitude and ego is amazing, you think other projects wouldn't "stand a chance" to get attention, despite this year's CE3 having been the absolute best addition so far. And I think I only saw 2 people talk about CMT not being at the event. Just, stop the ego man. You're not the center of the universe.

Shadowspartan, it's amazing he still "hangs" with you. You "admitting" his flaws came across as laughing in his face, followed by his awkward silence. I doubt he appreciated it, but w/e.

And talk about OS as much as you want, but realise when you're spamming its promotion, and when you're actually posting something helpful. And if you recall many devs do not use it because of its drawbacks, it's not fully part of CE until everyone can use it well, and is supported. OS also has caused issues for our own upcoming release, in which simply disabling the included .dll is not enough to fix it. Now we have to include a .dll in our release to "fix" what OS messes up. A great addition to CE indeed.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 01:51 AM    Msg. 99 of 114       
I talk about it where it's relevant. I use it every day, obviously I'm going to have a lot to say about it.

I wasn't aware they had custom levels, which was what I was refering to, not their revamp on the stock areas.

My suggestions was more than just use OS, and the infection system is cool, and it is designed for the flood. It would be cool for them to have it IMO. Of course if they don't want to use it, no ones forcing them too, and I haven't said anything to push them towards it. I respect their decision to not use it, just like I do yours even if I disagree with it. I also made a point that the lack of HUD makes longer range weapon less effective to use, something other people agreed with a well. My criticisms weren't thought to be unreasonable or unconstructive to the OP, so whats the problem?

I don't visit these forums because I feel the need to compete with anyones work, I come to these forums to share things I and my team have done, and because I enjoy seeing the other things people make. I find inspiration in the work that many people here do, I don't feel I need to compete to show I have a bigger E-Penis.

For CE3, you keep cramming this idea that I think we're better than everyone else, it's simply untrue. I enjoyed this map, I enjoyed firefight descent, I enjoyed Lumoria. You're accusing me of acting like the center of the universe for NOT doing anything to get attention. Well okay, that's your opinion but I don't think it makes much sense.

I honestly have no clue what you are talking about now with Shadow Spartan. I admitted he has his flaws when we talked on xfire after you two had your argument in Gravemind's thread. Why you are bringing up a 3+ year old convo on XBL neither of us remembers is beyond me.

If you look at the most recent thread about OS, the majority of people have no problems installing it, and those that did we were able to figure out what their problem was. What are you issues with it for your upcoming release? I would love to know so we can fix them.

Spartan314

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 06:16 AM    Msg. 100 of 114       
Quote: --- Original message by: licon4812

new limbs would mean complete new animations. WAY too much work for what it's worth.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 10:21 AM    Msg. 101 of 114       
2 dual wield would be a bit easier,not much,but still easier.

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 11:54 AM    Msg. 102 of 114       
As I said you brought nothing new to the discussion, it was a repetition of obvious things that are well known. So => advertisement for the sake of it.

Custom levels are not a necesity to recognise good level design or population. You said they had shown no level design skill, based off their b40 level. That is bs, man up and admit your mistake.

As for the flood, as they do not have eyes, it makes no sense for them to be able to use weapon reticles at all. The max that I'd see feasible for long range weapons is a HUDless zoom, but that's up to Lone. I consider their Flood work high quality fanon, and their style is what I would want to see in a professional flood campaign. And yeah, you were trying to force your infection idea on them, to assimilate them into EA. But ofc you're free to try.

E-Penii, if you didn't care about your ego you would act alot more respectful towards people, that includes statements you make and how you communicate. Don't forget your own words about CE3, you view others as inferior clearly since you felt staying out of CE3 would give others a "chance" for some "desperately needed" attention, since otherwise you would supposedly steal the spotlight. Should've actually participated in that case, if you wanted to be so sure about this. Despite the fact CE3 was all in good fun. A shame you had to go and make such pointless, ridiculous, disrespectful statements. You can learn from this, but I don't think you will.

However now you state that you don't think your team is better than everyone else...which contradicts the underlying tone of your original position on CE3 and other, "inferior" teams. I am going to start calling you Flip-Flop Masterz from now on, I assume you get the political joke in this.

Everytime you talk to me about Shadowspartan you mock his personal life, 3 years ago, a month ago. When we were in a conversation together, you did it in his presence. It's a serious form of disprespect towards people. Although I have lost track what Shadowspartan has to do with all this. Poor fella...

As for our upcoming release, there is a problem with disabling OS by simply renaming the included d3d9.dll. It isn't enough to get rid of all the effects. These effects can cause cutscenes to display unwanted things. Our beta testing team knows what I mean.

And yeah, OS is a performance whore due to its reverse engineered nature. For people playing levels on an engine that was meant to be run on lower-end hardwares, it isn't an interesting addition. It will be a niche until everyone gets great computers and can run OS lagfree. This was one of the major reasons why we didn't want to use OS for our project, and I know its also a reason for other people. Alongside the fact that some people do not get it installed (even if it is a minority, that's one less player per install failure).

I would like to take advantage of this moment to say hi to Lone, Koo, Higuy, MatthewDratt, SXC and RoflTroller, because I'm a nice guy. Cheers and beers.

Ubergoober

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 02:22 PM    Msg. 103 of 114       
how about a giant, flood infected octopus?! octa-weilding!!

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 02:47 PM    Msg. 104 of 114       
WIP Multi Wielding

Edited by Lone Warrior on Sep 27, 2012 at 02:48 PM

The Lodeman

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 03:04 PM    Msg. 105 of 114       
Glad to see you're finally using OS to enable such advanced features :O

Page 3 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 10:47 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website