A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Making the magnum suppressed

Author Topic: Making the magnum suppressed (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

GnySgtStacker

Gunnery Sargent Pete Stacker (unsung hero of halo)

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 06:30 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I know how to change the sound tags ect ect, but the enemy will still be alerted, how do I make an M6D magnum with some sort of "no-noise" setting

Further speaking I want to play around in campaign with a silenced magnum, where do i start? what do I need and what do I do?

nihao123456ftw

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 07:13 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
In the .weapon tag, scroll down to the "TRIGGERS" section in the "firing" subsection (it's the second last category so scroll near the very bottom), at the bottom at that subsection there is a dropdown menu for firing noise, set it to silent.

GnySgtStacker

Gunnery Sargent Pete Stacker (unsung hero of halo)

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 08:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Oh okay, in which program? HMT? HHT? ect

Ermac

Pops up from time to time

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 08:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Guerilla, in the HEK. I don't think it can be done in HMT or HHT. Guerilla is better anyway.

Also, it would be more realistic to set it to quiet. Only enemies within 1/5th of their hearing range (mostly 40 world units, so 8 in this case) will be able to hear it. In other words, you'll have to almost be all the way up on them.

Diaboy

A self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibility

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 09:01 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Yeah, this is how I did it as well. Look into projectile impact noise, too, as this (realistically) should alert AI. I set both to quiet and that works pretty well, you have to be pretty close for the AI to notice.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 21, 2019 5:02 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website