A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »SCENERY HELP

Author Topic: SCENERY HELP (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

GnySgtStacker

Gunnery Sargent Pete Stacker (unsung hero of halo)

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 03:46 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
It has been a long process getting marines onto a map, now all i want to do is get the crashed pelican onto bloodgulch and do whatever with it, so for the sake of my sanity can someone please tell me what to do in regards to extracting the model from C10 and then injecting it into bloodgulch to be swapped with... lets say an "A50 large bolder"

Note: Sapien, Guerilla and such fail hard, I'm using HHT, HMT and spark edit only from now on...

The_Arbiter

I feel like having scotch

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 04:17 AM    Msg. 2 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: GnySgtStacker
It has been a long process getting marines onto a map, now all i want to do is get the crashed pelican onto bloodgulch and do whatever with it, so for the sake of my sanity can someone please tell me what to do in regards to extracting the model from C10 and then injecting it into bloodgulch to be swapped with... lets say an "A50 large bolder"

Note: Sapien, Guerilla and such fail hard, I'm using HHT, HMT and spark edit only from now on...

They are easy to use spend more than 5 minutes on it.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 09:11 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: GnySgtStacker

Alright then, good bye. No one here's going to help you relating to HHT, HMT, and SparkEdit.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Sep 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 09:43 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
give the hek tools a proper chance.

open sapien, you should now see the tags folder.
use the drop down box and go to levels, pick a map and look for the file called
.scenario, click open.
adjust the windows so that you can see them all,
now in the window called hierarchy view click the + beside mission.
click the + beside objects then click on scenery, all the scenery items will be shown in the
hierarcy window under name.
select what you don't want and click delete.
now with scenery still selected click on the edit button, in the window that opens click add.
go to the drop down box at the top of the window named open and go to tags/vehicles.
then open the c_dropship folder, now double click on the c_dropship.scenery.
after it loads into the tag list box click done.
click okay on the dialog window to close it, right click in your map where you want the dropship
scenery to be, next go to the properties palette window and click on the box beside type, change
this to c_dropship, now use the blue/red/green markers to move it to have it at an angle etc.
that's it. click file save scenario, then run the tool commands to build the map.

it's up to you now that's the way to do it.
Edited by ally on Sep 25, 2012 at 09:43 PM

GnySgtStacker

Gunnery Sargent Pete Stacker (unsung hero of halo)

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 12:53 AM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Okay I understand that but why, WHY can I not find the scenario tag?
I even went there via my computer and there is NO .scenario tag...
sounds childish but fml

The_Arbiter

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 01:37 AM    Msg. 6 of 10       
look in levels\test\tutorial, you have to use other programs to get the bloodgulch one.
Edited by The_Arbiter on Sep 26, 2012 at 01:37 AM

john117

What fun is there in making sense?

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 02:06 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Ive been working on HMT HHT and sparkedit for years now and none of what your trying to do will EVER work.
trust me I did it................ And failed.

The_Arbiter

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 02:56 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Same here i used to use it untill i found out the it was a piece of .... and you could not do Anything with it now i use Hek.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 03:07 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
The HEK is such a versatile videogame kit. You can do anything with it. Personally I've never tried HMT HHK or whatever, but I'm pretty sure nothing can even come close to HEK.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 11:48 AM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Lmfao.

Alright, I was a Halo Trial modder for a good 2 years back in the day. So I know my way around HMT, HHT, Sparkedit, and the like.

You will not get good results from using those tools in Halo Custom Edition. First of all, you're not gonna find the pelican scenery tag in any scenario file. It in itself consists of a set of independent tags that are referenced by the scenario. To get anything from an existing map, download the tool called "HEK Plus" and use it to extract the crashed pelican scenery tag (and shaders, bitmaps, etc that it needs to work) from a map file that has it (such as b30). Then open your map in Guerrilla (open the scenario for your map) and add the new scenery object into the scenery list. In Sapien, you can then place one and move it to wherever you want. No need to do something archaic like replacing a rock.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 9:01 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website