A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Question about single player map conversion

Author Topic: Question about single player map conversion (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nicmavr

Posted: Sep 29, 2012 11:05 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hi all. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but as I couldn't find a relevant thread about it, I guess may as well ask..

As of now, I'm able to convert single player maps to multiplayer maps and modify them with sapien for use as multiplayer maps. My issue now however is this:
Is it possible to convert a WHOLE single player map to a multiplayer map? My case example here is the Silent Cartographer map (b30), which I'm trying to convert to a multiplayer for AI battle use. If I use HEK+ to rip the bsp from the map for modification with sapien, I get two bsps. The first bsp is for the outside area of the map and the second for the underground tunnels where the cartographer is. Per se it seems that I can only edit and compile one of them into a map which results in the other part of the map being inaccessible (eg. if I compile the first bsp file, I cannot enter the underground tunnels and vice-versa).
Is there any way in which I can "merge" the two bsps together and edit them with sapien so I end up with the whole map being accessible as a multiplayer map? Or otherwise, edit one at a time and then merge them before or during compilation?

Nicmavr

Posted: Sep 29, 2012 12:23 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Hmm, are there any tutorials available to illustrate how that's done?

Nicmavr

Posted: Sep 29, 2012 01:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Well, what other alternatives are there? Obviously there must be some feasible method given the amount of modified single players maps people have made..

Nicmavr

Posted: Sep 29, 2012 03:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Yeah sometimes but there's plenty of modified Single Player maps (not converted to MP) I've downloaded that include everything, so there must be some way for the authors to edit the scenario altogether in sapien..

Nicmavr

Posted: Sep 29, 2012 04:06 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
hence why I made this thread lol :P

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 6:10 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website