A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo CE Maps (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Project Lumoria... Complete.

Page 1 of 10 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · Next
Author Topic: Project Lumoria... Complete. (326 messages, Page 1 of 10)
Moderators: Dennis

Higuy

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 04:37 PM          Msg. 1 of 326

Where to start.

In August of 2008, a new mapping team was formed. That team was TM Mapping Team. It was designed for a single purpose: to create good, Halo styled, maps with good gameplay. While over the years the team has drastically changed, members have come and gone, we survived the ages. Our goals, overtime, changed, and we started focusing on one project.

That project, Lumoria, led to some of the best single-player content ever making its way into the H:CE Community. Our goal was simple: create a single player level with good gameplay and some simple story-telling. In my opinion, the team has achieved just that, and then some. We created a story around all of this, smothered it in classic, professional gameplay, and created some stylistic enviroments. But I think the most important thing that we accomplished on this entire project was actually finishing it. It's taken about 2 1/2 years I estimate as I write this to complete the entire campaign. While that seems like a pretty long time for two episodes (and four map files), our lives in those past years have been consumed by school, work, friends, and plenty of other things. I think we made pretty good time...

So, who wants to play some Lumoria?

Embark on a journey that brings you to the Forerunner world of Lumoria. When a scientific research crew sends out a beacon of distress, the UNSC frigate "The Endless Horizon", a frigate class ship, is sent in to execute a low-profile search and rescue operation. On board is May, a female SPARTAN II super soldier. Bred for combat, built for war.

Along her side are a hardy group of higly trained ODSTs, lead by Gunnery Sergeant Brandon Keiffer.

Drop in behind enemy lines and extract any remaining survivors as you race to uncover the secrets of Lumoria.

~~~~~~~*

Project Lumoria: Episode One (Final Version!)

This is the final version of Episode One. If you have not played it yet, play this one. And if you have played it before, play it again. LOTS of things have been updated - cinematics, terminals, music, encounters, DOCs, shaders, and other things. We've made it play alot better and have fixed all reported bugs.

~~

Project Lumoria: Episode Two

The time has come to drive the Covenant from these lands and save the knowledge you rightfully inherited.

Experience the final installment of Lumoria, with a vast new crew of characters, exciting new gameplay, and much more.

~~

Project Lumoria: UI

Also included is the Lumoria UI, which includes custom loading screen, logo, credits, music, etc. You can also start Lumoria through the UI by pressing on "Lumoria" when the UI loads up. This is a great addition for users who do not want to waste time getting into the fight and also want a nice looking UI.

~~~~~~~*

Credits:

--TM MAPPING TEAM --

PROJECT LEADS:
Higuy
L0d3x

SCRIPT PRODUCTION:
Isaac "Postmortem" Frankel
Dennis Powers

CINEMATICS:
Matthew Dratt

ANIMATION:
Jackal Stomper

GAMEPLAY DESIGN:
L0d3x
Higuy

ENVIROMENT ARTISTS:
Higuy
Massacre
Conscars (Skybox, Multiplayer and other content)
Sheer (Multiplayer BSP creation)

TAG EDITORS:
L0d3x
Spartan094
Wafflez

VOICE ACTING:
Elle - May, Spartan 073
David Edwards - Sergeant Brandon Keiffer
L0d3x - Scarecrow, pilot of Delta 137
Skilit - Marines
Higuy - Fighter Pilots
Dennis Powers - The Scientist
Brad Philippe - Captain of "The Endless Horizon"
KID - Major Kallis
Teekup - 734 Antecedent Sage

SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO:
Bungie
Gearbox
John Powell for one of his tracks from "The Bourne Supremacy"
Linkin Park
Il Duce Primo
Joshflighter
Da Pimp Pope
Bobblehob
Advancebo
Jesse
Deelekgolo
Dsalimander
Teh Lag
Arteen
Scooby Doo
LoneWarrior
Koo
Halo CE3 Live
Disaster
Shade117
Yoko
SXC (Scott)

Special thanks also goes to all the people at Halomaps.org, Modacity.net, and Moddb.com.

Lumoria was created under Microsofts Game Content Usage Rules using assets from Halo: Combat Evolved, (C) Microsoft Corporation.

~~~~~~~*

Concluding words from the developers:

Higuy says:

Lumoria is one of the best things to happen to me during my time on Halomaps and in the Halo Custom Edition community. It has taught me many things, not just about game development, but about leadership and what it takes to keep others working as a team.

It's been 2 1/2 years since we've started. While TM has changed drastically since then, we still accompilished our goals as a team. We created the largest custom mapping project. We made a custom story, maps, and gameplay. We did what no one else had dared to do or did not finish.

We made Lumoria.

I congratulate every single one of my team members and I wish I could shake every single one of their hands in person. I want also congratulate all of our fans, critics, and enemys for helping us every step of the way. Without all of them, the motivation to continue and strive would not be there.

May this map bring happiness and inspiration to all in the kingdom that is the Halo Custom Edition Community.

I shall end this little speech with some wise words from Jack Kerouac:

“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.”

Lodeman says:

Lumoria is not a planet.
It most definitely is not. No, Lumoria is something much more. Lumoria to me represents vision, devotion, motivation and dedication. An example of what can be achieved with an inspired, hard-working team of equal-minded people.

I would like to thank every person that embarked with us along this journey, the members of TM, our fans. Our critics.
For without them none of this would have ever seen the light of day. The variety in community members was the necesarry symbiosis required to sprout forth the bud of inspiration. For without warmth and care the bud would have weared off, for without harsh conditions the bud would not have become strong enough to survive the winter...to ultimately blossom to its full glory.

Most of all though I am curious to see where this experience will lead the people I have worked with, and how it will inspire others. I know some of us have some very cool new projects planned, and I think it's safe to say that we all look forward to sharing these with you when the time is right, if not per sé on this forum!

I shall conclude with some simple advice for anyone who wants to pursue their dreams in life, since creating Lumoria has been a very important first step towards reaching (one of) my own dreams. You should speak in actions, not words! If you really want to achieve something it will be up to you to take the first steps. The future is shaped by you, so just go for it and never regret any decision you make.

~~~~~~~*

As of right now, this currently ends any future new maps for TM. Most of the team is moving onto other things, be it exciting new fresh projects, or new carreer choices. That does not mean there will not be future updates to maps like Episode Two should the need and demand arise, but we are ceasing any future new maps.

We thank you all for your support and dedication, and without an awesome community, we would have never accomplished much of anything.

With <3,
TM.

~~~~~~~*

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE:
Throughout many beta tests, there was much notice of an exception that occured with the non-defualt sound related dll files. While we have done our best to get rid of these, the DEFUALT dll files are included in this package in a seperate folder called "Sound DLL's" just incase. While you may not need them, you may want to install them to be safe. If you do not install them and you find yourself to have an exception, please install these to complete your playthrough as they will most likely fix it. (if not please post in our release thread or email us at mail@lumoriace.com). The DLL's are simply installed by placing them directly into your main Halo Custom Edition folder. Make sure you backup your previous ones before hand!

HOW TO PLAY:
1. Extract the contents from the .zip or .rar file.
2. Locate your Halo Custom Edition/maps directory.
3. Please place ui.map, lumoria_a.map, lumoria_b.map, lumoria_c.map, and lumoria_d.map into the maps directory of Halo Custom Edition folder.
4. Press Lumoria in the new main menu, select "New Game", and enjoy!

You can always play different difficulties by using the "game_difficulty_set" command. Heroic is "hard" and Legendary is "impossible. (if you want to play legendary, hit console and type "game_difficulty_set impossible")

DOWNLOADS:

Thread was posted beforehand to ensure release thread before map was up on Halomaps and other mirrors.

Halomaps Mirror
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=1&sid=41

LumoriaCE Mirror
http://lumoriace.com/media/complete.html

Moddb Mirror
-not up yet-
Edited by Higuy on Oct 5, 2012 at 01:45 AM

Aesthetics

A generally negative synonym for jötunn

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 04:38 PM          Msg. 2 of 326
I can't wait to play it, this is the most anticipated custom campaign of all time.
I've got hiiiiigh hopes, hiiiiigh hopes (sing along).

1st btw
Edited by Aesthetics on Oct 4, 2012 at 04:50 PM

Vergil

How do I get the water?

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 04:43 PM          Msg. 3 of 326
HYPEHYPEHYPE

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 04:47 PM          Msg. 4 of 326
Awesome. A full release.

Now I can just mutter...

I hope that one bug I forgot to report has been seen by someone else and fixed. It's pretty major if you look in the right place.... :/

Other than that, I can assure everyone they will greatly enjoy this campaign. It's brilliant and fun.

Have fun!

Higuy

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 04:56 PM          Msg. 5 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Awesome. A release thread without a release.

Fixed :D

Hope Dennis can get those files distributed to his servers at a fast pace! Would that expedite the release or is the link going to be hidden until tomorrow?

I have no idea. No issues like last time though! I have uploaded the build and I pm'd Dennis letting him know. As soon as its up, I will update the thread and have the link in there. The two other mirrors (moddb, lumoriace.com) will be up later tomorrow. I think Dratt will try to get lumoriace.com up as soon as possible tomorrow morning and I will get moddb up after school.

Delicon20

loves bacon

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 05:24 PM          Msg. 6 of 326
good thing you put the thread up early, cause it'll take me about a day to read that epic novel of a first post :P

MatthewDratt

#Can Stop #Will Stop

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 06:04 PM          Msg. 7 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
As of right now, this currently ends any future new maps for TM. Most of the team is moving onto other things, be it exciting new fresh projects, or new carreer choices. That does not mean there will not be future updates to maps like Episode Two should the need and demand arise, but we are ceasing any future new maps.

We thank you all for your support and dedication, and without an awesome community, we would have never accomplished much of anything.

With <3,
TM.

Most does not include me. I'll still be creating maps for Halo: Custom Edition independently. It's been great working with TM and best wishes to those in the team who are moving on with other projects and careers.

Jesse

Smokin' Dat Purp

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 06:57 PM          Msg. 8 of 326
Post because post.

EDIT:
Damnit, I should have hidden my name in the zoom visor this time too...
Edited by Jesse on Oct 4, 2012 at 06:59 PM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 08:42 PM          Msg. 9 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
DOWNLOADS:

Thread was posted beforehand to ensure release thread before map was up on Halomaps and other mirrors.

Halomaps Mirror
-not up yet-

LumoriaCE Mirror
-not up yet-

Moddb Mirror
-not up yet-
Edited by Higuy on Oct 4, 2012 at 04:43 PM

MatthewDratt

#Can Stop #Will Stop

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:03 AM          Msg. 10 of 326
Enjoy

http://lumoriace.com/index.html

Dennis should be putting up the maps soon
Edited by MatthewDratt on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Ubergoober

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:06 AM          Msg. 11 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Enjoy

http://lumoriace.com/index.html

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ITZ HERE!!?!?!!?!1!!/!?/1

The_Arbiter

Grenades are like RAM you can never have too much

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:08 AM          Msg. 12 of 326
yay.

Masters1337

Peon Masterz1337: Servant of the Halo CE community

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:18 AM          Msg. 13 of 326
Downloading now. Congratulations guys!

Edit: Errr no difficulty selection in the UI?
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM

MatthewDratt

#Can Stop #Will Stop

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:19 AM          Msg. 14 of 326
Halomaps is now up.

Under media you can also view the original script written for Episode Two.

If you notice anything wrong with the site please PM me
Edited by MatthewDratt on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Jesse

Smokin' Dat Purp

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:25 AM          Msg. 15 of 326
I downloaded first.

Disaster

ROCKS

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:29 AM          Msg. 16 of 326
Congratulations! About to play it right now.

The_Arbiter

Grenades are like RAM you can never have too much

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:35 AM          Msg. 17 of 326
It lags yet my laptop doesn't lag with OS spv3.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:39 AM          Msg. 18 of 326
download canceled, network timeout :(

MatthewDratt

#Can Stop #Will Stop

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:42 AM          Msg. 19 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
download canceled, network timeout :(

Try halomaps?

I also had this lying around so I thought it'd be touching to upload it http://youtu.be/1TdK40XX57Q
Edited by MatthewDratt on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Dennis

We were all young once, but some of us got over it

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:55 AM          Msg. 20 of 326
I'm going to bed. You guys are on your own for now. Enjoy and congratulations to the TM team for a job well done.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 01:07 AM          Msg. 21 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Try halomaps?http://youtu.be/1TdK40XX57Q
Edited by MatthewDratt on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

that's what I did, but I just installed em all seperately so now to go thru with godmode and beat the blam out of everything with an empty magnum~

Corvette19

Google: Alias For Now

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 01:35 AM          Msg. 22 of 326
I saw on Twitter "Lumoria – an Original Halo Custom Edition Campaign now released for download. Get it here:[Link]" I was all like, no way, they're done! I can't believe my eyes. I will be playing this within the next few days. Woohoo!

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 01:41 AM          Msg. 23 of 326
Just finished E1. Didn't notice a huge change other than that one dropship firefight encounter, the terminal, and linkin park's "New Divide" at the end (which I love, but really ruined the mood compared to the original). Also the vehicle enter and exit bug is still there... surprised to see that wasn't fixed.

Edit: Also the final elite encounter with the sword has gone from cool to terrible. The buggers absolutely ruin it.

Love how it ends with "Wake me when you need me" music.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 5, 2012 at 01:46 AM
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 5, 2012 at 01:48 AM

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 01:43 AM          Msg. 24 of 326
Thanks to the team and anyone who pitched in at any point.
I would also like to apologise for being grumpy the last few days towards team members, getting this baby out the door combined with every day life made for some very busy days.

Enjoy it everyone, cheers and beers.

And special thanks to Dennis who was very flexible near release day!

Higuy

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 01:45 AM          Msg. 25 of 326
Updated the OP with download links.

The Lodeman

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 01:46 AM          Msg. 26 of 326
Lol you posted it 2 minutes before me. I don't know much about how the UI was made, so I'll leave that question to other members.

Higuy

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 01:51 AM          Msg. 27 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Question: Does the UI have the anti-update thing featured in the PLUS ui and others?

No. well, I'm not actually sure, but I doubt it does since I didn't take any actions to do so (I constructed the whole UI mostly). If you need to switch versions just use version changer or OS?

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 02:01 AM          Msg. 28 of 326
Really excited to see how everything has come to an end. Congratulations on completing this huge project!

KingFisher

Creativity is the main element of level design.

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 02:35 AM          Msg. 29 of 326
As I said on Modacity:

I'ts been fun working with you guys on the project. I hope people enjoy the final forerunner art work that I designed for this fantastic team towards the end of the campaign.

However, I do want to mention that you put dapimppope as part of the credits. Which is fine, because I think the majority of the people know me as Da pimp pope.

But it's nothing to complain about because all I care about is playing this campaign right now.

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 03:25 AM          Msg. 30 of 326
I just finished, an a whole it was great. Very few complaints, it gets a 9/10 in my book. After 10 years of H1 weapons and enemies, it gets a little stale, but the encounters were wonderfully designed, and the vehicle encounters blew my mind. The map really captures that exploratory and wonder feel of H1 which I love. Great job guys.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 03:49 AM          Msg. 31 of 326
ETA 3 hours...

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 07:13 AM          Msg. 32 of 326
Today's the day....

The Lodeman

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 08:15 AM          Msg. 33 of 326
Quote: --- Original message by: KingFisher

However, I do want to mention that you put dapimppope as part of the credits. Which is fine, because I think the majority of the people know me as Da pimp pope.

But it's nothing to complain about because all I care about is playing this campaign right now.

I'm sure we can put an a.k.a in the thread. Can't touch the readme on halomaps though anymore ofc, but yeah we all know who you are regardless :-)

Quote: --- Original message by: sshers1
Will you release new sky tag aswell?

Aye, everything will be released. I think the sky tags will be uploaded to halomaps one of these days!

MatthewDratt

#Can Stop #Will Stop

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 09:27 AM          Msg. 34 of 326
Woke up and the Lumoria website didn't crash... good job guys lol

Wolf_

Since forever

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 09:59 AM          Msg. 35 of 326
Congratulations guys! You did well.

Page 1 of 10 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 18, 2014 9:48 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website