A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »but how can you speak if you have no mouth data?

Author Topic: but how can you speak if you have no mouth data? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Georgespartan01

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 12:27 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I finally fixed my problem with sounds in sapien! I dont know how I did it but now it comes another problem.
When I try to replace default flood sounds with my own custom sounds, sapiens got this:

but how can you speak if you have no mouth data? (permutation zombie1)

Its weird, because the sounds work different, sounds weird. I tried changing from mono to stereo, 22khz to 44khz and NO! The only way to make it work is with 22khz mono and 44khz stereo but they sound different from the original, like a squirrel screaming.

Ermac

Pops up from time to time

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 10:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
The rate is not the problem. That error is telling you that the sound compiled with no mouth data.

Compile the sound. Open the sound tag, select UNIT_DIALOG for sound type, then compile the sound again. Tool will then compile the sound with mouth data.
Edited by Ermac on Oct 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

6thLoneWolf

i'm a newbie :B

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 04:00 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

Quote: --- Original message by: ally
okay working on it but got these errors i know nothing about.

but how can you speak if you have no mouth data? (permutation pain1)
but how can you speak if you have no mouth data? (permutation idle1)
but how can you speak if you have no mouth data? (permutation idle2)
but how can you speak if you have no mouth data? (permutation idle3)

anyone?

It means that a dialog tag or sound is referenced but was not compiled with the proper formatting and mouth data (the stuff that controls the talking animation) was not generated. For dialog sound tags, the correct format is 22khz mono, compiled with ogg compression.

Edited by 6thLoneWolf on Oct 8, 2012 at 04:04 PM

Georgespartan01

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 05:20 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
I fixed it, I just changed th class to projectile_impact and it works fine. Thanks for helping

Ermac

Pops up from time to time

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 01:16 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Note that your biped's mouth will not move when they speak if you have it like that, and with the sound type set to projectile_impact, the sound will not be easily heard (unless you adjust the minimum and maximum distance for hearing). Following my instructions would have fixed that issue.

That's what the "mouth data" is for, hence teh_lag's post there.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 7:01 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website