A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »TMM-Halo 4-Pristic project

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: TMM-Halo 4-Pristic project (108 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 06:08 PM    Msg. 1 of 108       
Hello! here is our project from halo 4 xD our work is bring everithing we can from halo 4 to CE :) usin custom models *from other people around the internet of course giving the proper credits*and the models that we did..Any constructive criticism is appreciated but please be nice! This project is not by the best modelers and mappers is oh is from inexperienced people who are still learning....anyone who would like to donate a model * because is too lazy to finish it LOL * oh would like help in this project is welcome :) here some pics!















project team:
JRCountry
HaloWeder117
=LS=NICOLAS
ŁŪŇĐĔŘŦĦ



i know this is a big WIP but...could you guys appreciate the fact that we start doing something for us and not ripping? =D


Edited by creator843 on Nov 13, 2012 at 06:20 PM
Edited by creator843 on Nov 13, 2012 at 06:22 PM


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 06:09 PM    Msg. 2 of 108       
Huh,nice work,man.
Must've took TMM years to make those icons.
EDIT: I was referring to the lack of pictures...it's fixed now.
Edited by Dumb AI on Nov 13, 2012 at 06:20 PM


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 06:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Huh,nice work,man.
Must've took TMM years to make those icons.
I hope that was sarcasm


TauSigmaNova
Joined: Jan 31, 2011

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 06:15 PM    Msg. 4 of 108       
oh man that dmr is skillZ yo


P3
Joined: Dec 2, 2011


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 06:15 PM    Msg. 5 of 108       
nvm
Edited by P3 on Nov 13, 2012 at 06:15 PM


Nickster5000
Joined: Dec 11, 2010


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 07:22 PM    Msg. 6 of 108       
The scope looks like a concrete block on top of a weapon.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 07:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 108       
Oh man, look at that dope energy sword!


Kal825B
Joined: Jan 16, 2012

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.


Posted: Nov 13, 2012 09:22 PM    Msg. 8 of 108       
Looks great...


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Nov 25, 2012 06:46 PM    Msg. 9 of 108       
what do you guys think about this hud? by-HaloWeder117



creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Nov 25, 2012 07:10 PM    Msg. 10 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
Instead of making the borders (helmet) part of a bitmap, you can actually make it a part of the fp model, and have it move and animate with player movement, the metroid team did this for their hud, works perfectly, just dont go and change fov lol.
oh great idea!!!!

whisper:helpppppp meeeeeee.......


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Nov 25, 2012 07:43 PM    Msg. 11 of 108       
But they'll have do that for every single weapon they want to use the HUD thing on.


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Nov 25, 2012 09:27 PM    Msg. 12 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: creator843
what do you guys think about this hud? by-HaloWeder117

http://i.imgur.com/Ar072.jpg
Take it from someone who actually worked on the design of actual real life Heads Up Displays: it is not very good. The very first design metric of a HUD is to NEVER, EVER and I mean never block or obscure the field of view of the user. A HUD should never make you need to look around it. There is clearly 10% of the field of view being blocked for no apparent reason. Informational objects in the display should be minimal and always to the periphery of the field of view where perception is greater. HUD objects should not occupy the center of the display field unless it is targeting or control related. But I get that you are going for an aesthetic not related to real world designs but even in that the lower section should not be completely opaque.

However you can't go by me I know what a real HUD should look like and believe me the ones I have seen in this forum bear absolutely no resemblance to a real one.


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Nov 25, 2012 09:29 PM    Msg. 13 of 108       
Because technically,it's a HMD.


Pepzee
Joined: Sep 9, 2010


Posted: Nov 25, 2012 09:47 PM    Msg. 14 of 108       
I think HUDs should be as simplistic and minimalistic as possible, there's too much stuff on the one posted above, clean up the lines and black corners.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Take it from someone who actually worked on the design of actual real life Heads Up Displays: it is not very good. The very first design metric of a HUD is to NEVER, EVER and I mean never block or obscure the field of view of the user. A HUD should never make you need to look around it. There is clearly 10% of the field of view being blocked for no apparent reason. Informational objects in the display should be minimal and always to the periphery of the field of view where perception is greater. HUD objects should not occupy the center of the display field unless it is targeting or control related. But I get that you are going for an aesthetic not related to real world designs but even in that the lower section should not be completely opaque.

However you can't go by me I know what a real HUD should look like and believe me the ones I have seen in this forum bear absolutely no resemblance to a real one.

What would be a real one? I'm just curious as to what it would look like.
Edited by Pepzee on Nov 25, 2012 at 09:48 PM


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Nov 25, 2012 11:36 PM    Msg. 15 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
What would be a real one? I'm just curious as to what it would look like.
It depends on what it is for. I was part of a team that worked on vehicle HUDs where we needed to display the vehicle status like speed, direction, fuel and various other items. The aviation HUDs were much more complex and involved. My small part was the power supplies for the LED emitters. But the rule of thumb was the same: Never block the field of view and all non integral status was on the periphery. The thing I see on all the HUDs in the forum is the constant obscuring of the field of view for no reason other than ill informed ascetics. I completely understand why people do it but when asked.... well you know.


bourrin33
Joined: Oct 19, 2009

HEK not installed tho


Posted: Nov 26, 2012 10:02 AM    Msg. 16 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
Instead of making the borders (helmet) part of a bitmap, you can actually make it a part of the fp model, and have it move and animate with player movement, the metroid team did this for their hud, works perfectly, just dont go and change fov lol.

That requires to never have the "frame bone_24" (The parent frame of the FP arms) moving, which would require to use only custom animations (most of them have a centered frame bone 24) keeping always the same kind of overlays.
Also the view of the helmet interior could possibly be different depending on the resolution, + OS FOV and positions for weapons would screw that up...


Yoda
Joined: Jan 30, 2011

Do or do not, there is no try


Posted: Nov 26, 2012 10:12 AM    Msg. 17 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: creator843
what do you guys think about this hud? by-HaloWeder117

http://i.imgur.com/Ar072.jpg
Take it from someone who actually worked on the design of actual real life Heads Up Displays: it is not very good. The very first design metric of a HUD is to NEVER, EVER and I mean never block or obscure the field of view of the user. A HUD should never make you need to look around it. There is clearly 10% of the field of view being blocked for no apparent reason. Informational objects in the display should be minimal and always to the periphery of the field of view where perception is greater. HUD objects should not occupy the center of the display field unless it is targeting or control related. But I get that you are going for an aesthetic not related to real world designs but even in that the lower section should not be completely opaque.

However you can't go by me I know what a real HUD should look like and believe me the ones I have seen in this forum bear absolutely no resemblance to a real one.


Correct me if I am wrong (I didn't exactly read the whole thread), but I thought they were trying to recreate the halo 4 HUD, not design a new one. And those opaque parts are parts of the physical helmet, not the HUD.

If this is the case then I would think that staying true to Halo 4 is the priority, rather than designing a more realistic HUD. HOWEVER, if they are designing a new HUD, I would recommend redoing it and taking Dennis's comments into considerations, it makes so much more sense to not have stuff in the way.


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Nov 26, 2012 01:49 PM    Msg. 18 of 108       
Quote: Correct me if I am wrong (I didn't exactly read the whole thread), but I thought they were trying to recreate the halo 4 HUD, not design a new one. And those opaque parts are parts of the physical helmet, not the HUD.

If this is the case then I would think that staying true to Halo 4 is the priority, rather than designing a more realistic HUD. HOWEVER, if they are designing a new HUD, I would recommend redoing it and taking Dennis's comments into considerations, it makes so much more sense to not have stuff in the way.
yes.. we are trying to do the hud of halo 4 ...

Quote: The very first design metric of a HUD is to NEVER, EVER and I mean never block or obscure the field of view of the user.
sorry....we did not create Halo 4 ...
Edited by creator843 on Nov 26, 2012 at 01:51 PM


ptowery
Joined: Aug 28, 2007

oify


Posted: Nov 26, 2012 07:27 PM    Msg. 19 of 108       
More proof that Halo 4 is the worst halo game of all time.


master noob
Joined: Aug 10, 2012

343Industries Advocate


Posted: Nov 26, 2012 07:39 PM    Msg. 20 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: ptowery
More proof that Halo 4 is the worst halo game of all time.

no
superman 64 is the worst game of all time, next to sonic 06.

EDIT: nvm, dr Jekyll and mr Hyde was the worst
Edited by master noob on Nov 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM


ptowery
Joined: Aug 28, 2007

oify


Posted: Nov 28, 2012 02:23 PM    Msg. 21 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob

Quote: --- Original message by: ptowery
More proof that Halo 4 is the worst halo game of all time.

no
superman 64 is the worst game of all time, next to sonic 06.

EDIT: nvm, dr Jekyll and mr Hyde was the worst
Edited by master noob on Nov 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM


I said the worst halo game.
Superman 64 is not the worst halo game of all time.


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Nov 28, 2012 04:13 PM    Msg. 22 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: thekid999
nice can u find the halo 4 vehicels
sure give me a moment ill will come and rip it from halo 4 .........


licon4812
Joined: Sep 22, 2012


Posted: Dec 1, 2012 12:43 AM    Msg. 23 of 108       
post a link when the map is done


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 07:53 AM    Msg. 24 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloRemakeEdition

Quote: --- Original message by: FX0042
Well TMM is the worst mapping team ever. JK :P

WHY?
Edited by HaloRemakeEdition on Dec 2, 2012 at 07:27 AM
was a joke.. *JK=joke*


CorpseManTS
Joined: Nov 16, 2008

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 08:07 AM    Msg. 25 of 108       
any news on the tags? teaser plox


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 08:50 AM    Msg. 26 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS
any news on the tags? teaser plox
many news,but I will not show it until we have something solid and well done ... your know .... people are very judgmental here on halomaps.....

Edit:nvm
in game Promethean grenade

bolshot WIP.not our model credits no te respective creator..

i dont remenber the name of this shield...is promethean



Edited by creator843 on Dec 2, 2012 at 09:07 AM


HaloExtreme117
Joined: May 5, 2012

~Gone~


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 09:17 AM    Msg. 27 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: creator843

i dont remenber the name of this shield...is promethean
http://i.imgur.com/eGuhl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mulJ1.jpg

Edited by creator843 on Dec 2, 2012 at 09:07 AM

Hardlight shield .
Edited by haloextreme117 on Dec 2, 2012 at 09:17 AM


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 09:19 AM    Msg. 28 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: haloextreme117

Quote: --- Original message by: creator843

i dont remenber the name of this shield...is promethean
http://i.imgur.com/eGuhl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mulJ1.jpg

Edited by creator843 on Dec 2, 2012 at 09:07 AM

Hardlight shield .
Edited by haloextreme117 on Dec 2, 2012 at 09:17 AM
thanks :)


HaloExtreme117
Joined: May 5, 2012

~Gone~


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 09:19 AM    Msg. 29 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: creator843
Quote: --- Original message by: haloextreme117

Quote: --- Original message by: creator843

i dont remenber the name of this shield...is promethean
http://i.imgur.com/eGuhl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mulJ1.jpg

Edited by creator843 on Dec 2, 2012 at 09:07 AM

Hardlight shield .
Edited by haloextreme117 on Dec 2, 2012 at 09:17 AM
thanks :)

No problem. :)


OHunterO
Joined: May 24, 2012

.


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 10:52 AM    Msg. 30 of 108       
You only need a plane for the hardlight shield, don't extrude it. It also doesn't need to match the shape EXACTLY, as the texture is the main thing that defines the shape.


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 01:33 PM    Msg. 31 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
You only need a plane for the hardlight shield, don't extrude it. It also doesn't need to match the shape EXACTLY, as the texture is the main thing that defines the shape.
thank you very much for your advice :)


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 02:26 PM    Msg. 32 of 108       
Hardlight shield looks pretty cool.


renegade343
Joined: Jun 26, 2012

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 02:47 PM    Msg. 33 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
You only need a plane for the hardlight shield, don't extrude it. It also doesn't need to match the shape EXACTLY, as the texture is the main thing that defines the shape.

Wouldn't you need the right geometry so that the collision model is right?


OHunterO
Joined: May 24, 2012

.


Posted: Dec 2, 2012 03:08 PM    Msg. 34 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
You only need a plane for the hardlight shield, don't extrude it. It also doesn't need to match the shape EXACTLY, as the texture is the main thing that defines the shape.

Wouldn't you need the right geometry so that the collision model is right?


That's why I said "doesn't need to match the shape EXACTLY", so I mean that the edges dont really need to have many triangles to make them smooth.


creator843
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

I LOVE HALO!


Posted: Dec 8, 2012 05:04 PM    Msg. 35 of 108       
what about this one?"ignore the neddler...."

 
Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Mon January 20, 2020 1:20 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website