A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 4 Speculation [Possible spoilers?]

Author Topic: Halo 4 Speculation [Possible spoilers?] (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 10:54 AM    Msg. 1 of 18       
The Mantle is just an idea,right?

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 12:35 PM    Msg. 2 of 18       
could be, after all glassman has already proven himself a traitor and coward by assisting the covenant, so he fits the classic rogue villain scenario

could also just have been a scrapped cutscene with didact, and they may have just been using the marine model as placeholder

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 01:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 18       
^That's what I was assuming.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 02:14 PM    Msg. 4 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
could be, after all glassman has already proven himself a traitor and coward by assisting the covenant, so he fits the classic rogue villain scenario
Uuhhhh, what? He was sucked into the artifact and placed at the feet of merciless Covenant. It's not like he had much choice, but he's not a traitor for "assisting" them in the way he is.
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
could also just have been a scrapped cutscene with didact, and they may have just been using the marine model as placeholder
That would be my guess actually, so I agree with you here.

And the Mantle is just a philosophy by the Forerunners, sort've like their belief system in how they must protect the galaxy and all of it's creatures. Etc, stuff like that. It's nothing physical.

ptowery

oify

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 02:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 18       
lol

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 02:22 PM    Msg. 6 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: ptowery
lol

lolē

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 04:20 PM    Msg. 7 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman
Quote: --- Original message by: ptowery
lol

lolē = getLolē(lolSize);

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 06:03 PM    Msg. 8 of 18       
The Mantle is just the forerunner version of the monroe doctrine.

My bet is that purple people eater is placeholder for the Didact, and Spops S1 will reveal the Didact is alive and well.

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 08:12 PM    Msg. 9 of 18       
he'has survived the flood, the halos and thousands of years against humanity. oh and 100000+ years... one pulse grenade isnt going to kill off the only halo character almost as BA as the chief, with the worst grenade in the game.

olly12345

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 02:40 AM    Msg. 10 of 18       
Diadact was reborn through Bornstellar's body, so it wouldn't be too hard to believe that he can do it again through a human. This may be the whole reason for the device that they recovered.

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: Jun 14, 2013 03:20 AM    Msg. 11 of 18       
also the bornstellar didact is not evil-lets-kill-humanity.. (and is not dead as far as canon is concerned) the reason the ur-didact (halo 4 one) is so spiteful is because the precursers (flood) broke something in his mind, much the way that the gravemind almost drove cortana rampant in halo 3, he is a product of their hate for what the forerunners had done to their galaxy. which was obliterate all life in it. so they had just cause to hate the forerunners.. and also forerunners can not imprint on humans, it only works on other forerunners.

sincerely, the biggest halo nerd of all time :)

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Jun 14, 2013 10:34 AM    Msg. 12 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: roviet1337
also the bornstellar didact is not evil-lets-kill-humanity.. (and is not dead as far as canon is concerned) the reason the ur-didact (halo 4 one) is so spiteful is because the precursers (flood) broke something in his mind, much the way that the gravemind almost drove cortana rampant in halo 3, he is a product of their hate for what the forerunners had done to their galaxy. which was obliterate all life in it. so they had just cause to hate the forerunners.. and also forerunners can not imprint on humans, it only works on other forerunners.

sincerely, the biggest halo nerd of all time :)

nice bump.
it's not that he's a bad character, it's that 343 could have portrayed his story a lot better without terminals/making him look like a stubborn jerk.

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: Jun 14, 2013 02:24 PM    Msg. 13 of 18       
I completely agree, I'm a fan of anything halo, but reading about the forerunners and everything since Eric nylunds books has felt like reading a dictionary.. I'm reading them because I want to learn not because its entertaining.. 343 has dropped the ball on the didact and his back story. But alas, as long as I have the money to, I will still reluctantly shell out whatever Microsoft asks and hope that it gets better with time

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: Jun 14, 2013 10:24 PM    Msg. 14 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: roviet1337
I completely agree, I'm a fan of anything halo, but reading about the forerunners and everything since Eric nylunds books has felt like reading a dictionary.. I'm reading them because I want to learn not because its entertaining.. 343 has dropped the ball on the didact and his back story. But alas, as long as I have the money to, I will still reluctantly shell out whatever Microsoft asks and hope that it gets better with time

Personally i do think 343i let down the didactic a bit but when you include the terminals then i feel like they did a better job also theres like a 40 minute audio book on waypoint

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: Jun 15, 2013 12:39 AM    Msg. 15 of 18       
That's just a reading of a bit that Greg bear didn't have time to squeese into the silentium book, most of it actually is actually in the book

Rosanna Weyland

Up and down, and all around.

Posted: Jun 15, 2013 12:53 PM    Msg. 16 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis is a Faggot
I speculate the reclaimer saga will be gay.

Oh Im right.

WOW.

Such vitriol and hatred to be coming out of a mouth so young...

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Jun 15, 2013 12:56 PM    Msg. 17 of 18       
all of this seriously started at 5 in the morning..... unbelievable, lol hater has no life

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jun 15, 2013 06:39 PM    Msg. 18 of 18       
Want a Halo 4 spoiler? Cortana dies.

Want a Halo 5 spoiler? Master chief appears.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 2:22 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website