A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Sorry for being off-topic but... [Dennis...]

Author Topic: Sorry for being off-topic but... [Dennis...] (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 01:08 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Dennis, with the utmost respect, may you PLEASE ban all the damn trolls. Clearly they made accounts to annoy the forum. They aren't members who are given a fair chance in before being banned, their entire purpose is to simply annoy people here, and you know that. I know we're supposed to be "mature" and handle it ourselves, but to be honest, ain't nobody got time for that. I am very impatient, and it's just frustrating to come home from school, and see the same immaturity here. (I know not to expect maturity on the Internet, but most of the members here come for CE content discussion.)

It's all like 2 or 3 guys, please just get the stupidity over with and block their IPs. I'm sure 99% of the forum would agree. I haven't visited in ages, and now I am finally back to see some fresh new content, and after being back 2 weeks, it's back to the same old trollage. I am trying to be polite, unlike the fight I had with you last time in 2009 to end up getting me banned. (I was stupid back then.) But I think I could speak for most of the forum in this post. Please just ban them, and lock this thread. I don't see how this is negative in any way, but if you find it so, please don't take it like that, as it's not my intention. Just want some clarity, so we can get back on topic.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 02:04 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
Dennis, with the utmost respect, may you PLEASE ban all the damn trolls.
This is what you would use the PM system for because you have just fed the trolls.

They aren't members who are given a fair chance in before being banned, their entire purpose is to simply annoy people here,
Every member here is given a fair chance and a member is counted as an account. There is no other way of making the determination short of requiring some form of ID like a drivers license... oh wait most are not old enough to have one are they?

and block their IPs.
We currently block over 159,000 IP's of known proxy servers but since new ones appear every day there is no way to keep up.

I am trying to be polite, unlike the fight I had with you last time in 2009 to end up getting me banned. (I was stupid back then.)
And many times new and very young members, to use your term, look "stupid" as well. That is the nature of this type of topic: video games. You just have to ignore the nonsense instead of contributing to it. Of as they say don not feed the trolls.

If someone is trolling you have two options ignore them is the best one or treat the statement like it is a serious one and politely and logically explain why the person is incorrect. The reason I say that is because the brash statements from younger members often look like troll posts when they are in fact just inexperienced in forum communications. If it is an obvious troll then ignore it and do not comment on it. Because if the person is looking to get a rise out of you and doesn't they will either stop or then proceed to a level that will get then banned outright.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue February 18, 2020 1:22 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website