A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Sprint!

Author Topic: Sprint! (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jamaiz

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 08:33 AM    Msg. 1 of 19       
Guyz, is there any mod for sprint in halo custom edition?
Edited by Jamaiz on Dec 19, 2012 at 08:33 AM

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 10:47 AM    Msg. 2 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jamaiz

Guyz, is there any mod for sprint in halo custom edition?
Edited by Jamaiz on Dec 19, 2012 at 08:33 AM

Just use OS, and use a script to set the players speed while the flashlight is on.
Or, without OS, you can use damage effects.

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 10:52 AM    Msg. 3 of 19       
Or, you can do what i did. Make your sprinting animation actually make the player move forward and then use a script set to make the player do your sprinting animation when their flashlight is on. I believe this syncs, though i haven't tested it. And i know that damage effects don't sync. And i don't use OS so i know nothing about the other command.

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 10:56 AM    Msg. 4 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
Or, you can do what i did. Make your sprinting animation actually make the player move forward and then use a script set to make the player do your sprinting animation when their flashlight is on. I believe this syncs, though i haven't tested it. And i know that damage effects don't sync. And i don't use OS so i know nothing about the other command.

Both your method, and the OS method sync, although I assumed the OP had no animation experience, and, looking at the OP's posting history, any CE experience at all.

grunt_eater

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 11:26 AM    Msg. 5 of 19       
Oh, i didn't think of that. But i try to teach people how to get the best result, not to settle for good enough. The damage effect way, from third person, doesn't sync and makes it look like an invisible wall is pushing you across the map. If he needs animation help then i'd be happy to offer some tutorials and maybe even make the animations and scripts to show him how they work. I could walk him through making the script, explaining how each command works and affects the game, and animations, explaining the basics and how to get the result he wants. All he has to do is ask, i don't mind,

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 11:29 AM    Msg. 6 of 19       
In my option the OS option is simpler, just chuck a single line into your script, done, and it's as good if not better than doing it via animations.

Good to hear that you're happy to help the new guys out. It's a pity when people try to kick the newbies out. We're not exactly a big community, we need all the experienced members we can get.

Jamaiz

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 11:35 AM    Msg. 7 of 19       
I dont know how to do this script thing u r talking about :( .

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 11:37 AM    Msg. 8 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jamaiz
I dont know how to do this script thing u r talking about :( .

I'm sure there's a good tutorial somewhere.
Edited by HaloExtreme117 on Dec 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM

grunt_eater

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 05:05 PM    Msg. 9 of 19       
But a lot of peoples computers, such as mine, can't handle the OS graphical upgrades and it causes halo to exception on start up. In which case they cannot run the map with that command in it. So this is the best way to do it if you can't run OS.

And i like to help the newbies because a year or two ago, i was one. And when i asked questions because i didn't know things people thought i was stupid and made fun of me. I learned to sort out the attention begging trolls from the people who were helping and learned a lot about a lot of things. And now i want to share that knowledge with the next generation of modders.

Quote: I dont know how to do this script thing u r talking about :( .

Allow me to explain. What you need is 3 things.

1: A timing script to shut off your ability after a few seconds.
2: A script to turn off your flashlight and regenerate the time.
and 3: A script to do an effect while your flashlight is activated.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it's really not all that hard once you get the idea. First thing you always start off with is a left parentheses "(" without the quotation marks, then script, then type.

Startup: done at the beginning of each game.
continuous: always being performed.
dormant: waits until another script tells it to wake up.
These are the most used ones. So you start a script with (script "type" "name" like this
(script continuous sprint
Then you move to commands. So say you wanted the server to say hello when you started the game.
(script startup say_hi
(sv_say "hello")
)

Sv stands for server. Each command must be inside of two parentheses of it's own "()" and each script must be closed at the end with the other parentheses ")".

Now say we want a script to check if your flashlight is on, then have the server tell us it is. We'll say you're playing alone for this one.
(script continuous check ;script, type then name.
(sleep_until ;tells the entire script to wait until the next command is set to the desired position, on or off. on being 1 and off being 0.
(unit_get_current_flashlight_state ;checks weather the flashlight of the unit specified next is on or off
(unit (list_get (players) 0)) ;this is the unit we're checking, the first player on the list.
1) ;tells the sleep_until command that we're waiting till it's on and the parentheses closes the sleep_until command.
(sv_say "player 0's flashlight is on") ;makes the server say what is inside the quotations
) ;this parentheses closes the script.

Still fallowing? I'll continue to teach. If you're not i'll try my best to better explain what's confusing you :)
Edited by grunt_eater on Dec 19, 2012 at 05:29 PM

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 05:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 19       
But a lot of peoples computers, such as mine, can't handle the OS graphical upgrades and it causes halo to exception on start up. In which case they cannot run the map with that command in it. So this is the best way to do it if you can't run OS.

And i like to help the newbies because a year or two ago, i was one. And when i asked questions because i didn't know things people thought i was stupid and made fun of me. I learned to sort out the attention begging trolls from the people who were helping and learned a lot about a lot of things. And now i want to share that knowledge with the next generation of modders.

Just disable everything in OS_Settings.User.xml, then reenable it section by section until it exceptions. Pretty easy.

My Xfire account is on my profile for anyone who needs support from a dev.

grunt_eater

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 05:31 PM    Msg. 11 of 19       
TheFiryScythe already tried to help me with that, he disabled everything and it still exceptioned. Thanks, though.

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 05:33 PM    Msg. 12 of 19       
TheFiryScythe already tried to help me with that, he disabled everything and it still exceptioned. Thanks, though.

Did you log it on the Issue tracker? If it is an actual bug, I'll fix it and submit the changes for 3.1.

grunt_eater

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 06:01 PM    Msg. 13 of 19       
Yeah, i did. I can't remember the number, but it was like 22 or 26 or something.
Edited by grunt_eater on Dec 19, 2012 at 06:01 PM

creator843

I LOVE HALO!

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 06:03 PM    Msg. 14 of 19       
do everithing have to be OS...........

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 06:05 PM    Msg. 15 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: creator843

If you're gonna just come here and randomly ramble about how you dislike OS, go do it in your own thread.

creator843

I LOVE HALO!

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 06:37 PM    Msg. 16 of 19       
Quote: If you're gonna just come here and randomly ramble about how you dislike OS, go do it in your own thread.

ohhh i have a beter idea ill go to xfire and say hi to mi friend mr hittler :D,Nice talking to you back to the topic LOL!
Edited by creator843 on Dec 19, 2012 at 06:37 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 04:18 PM    Msg. 17 of 19       

Everything that's not possible with the regular game.... yeah.

licon4812

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 05:29 PM    Msg. 18 of 19       

i agree with creator843

The_Arbiter

I feel like having scotch

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 09:35 PM    Msg. 19 of 19       
It's not our fault you have bad computers.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri July 10, 2020 9:50 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website