A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Any weapon tags you would like to see in toten nacht?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Any weapon tags you would like to see in toten nacht? (45 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 11:24 PM    Msg. 1 of 45       
For anyone who doesn't remember, toten nacht was my attempt at recreating the Zombies mode from the Call of Duty series.

Everything's finally coming together with this project, most of my script issues have been solved although I'm still stumped on a few. But now the most amount of work that needs done is weapon tags.

Since the time that this map was in limbo and went through a redesign, I've scrapped the previous weapon list. So now I'm starting fresh with the stock Halo weapons and a few customs. However I currently only have around 8 weapons to used at the moment and if I'm remembering right, a normal zombies map even in World at War had an average of around 26 weapons. Now I don't care if I have exactly the same amount of guns, but I would at least like to get around 20 by the time this is done.

So I just figured I would ask if there's any weapon tags that the community has worked on that you would like me to include. But I should note that I would prefer to get permission from the original author before including them, because I might make my own modifications to them to have them fit better with the map. But feel free to make suggestions, I may not add it, but there's no harm in asking.

Two weapons I would like to include are Bourrin's custom DMR and Master noob's plasma aggressor. So if either of you read this post I would greatly appreciate your permission to use those.

What I have now(8/20):
Assault Rifle(Default)
Automag or Magnum(Depends on what I decide to do with other pistols)
Shotgun(Default)
Sniper rifle(Default)
Rocket launcher(Default)
Battle Rifle(Custom) and/or BR Light Machine Gun
Raygun(Will be getting better textures)
M1911(Once Yoda finishes it)

I would also like to add, if anyone would like to assist in modeling or animating additional weapons let me know, I would appreciate the help.

(And because I know someone is bound to bring it up, yes I know the name is awful and has been replaced, I just still call it toten nacht because that's what I've been calling it for almost two years now)

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 11:30 PM    Msg. 2 of 45       
forerunner supressor :)

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 11:38 PM    Msg. 3 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: SilentJacket

HELL YES.

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 11:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 45       
26 weapons = time for redundancy and epicness! :D

DMRs AND Battle Rifles (stealth and regular), tactical assault rifles (as seen in Firefight Descent) and SOCOMs, too, please?

With the Suppressor, that's 13 out of 26 weps already.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 11:46 PM    Msg. 5 of 45       
Suppressed weapons are unnecessary.

clonecam117

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 12:21 AM    Msg. 6 of 45       
wow estaban (Altheros), YOU'RE stupid.
The Suppressor is a promethean weapon in Halo 4. it's basically a forerunner SMG.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 12:27 AM    Msg. 7 of 45       

Well I was think more of weapon tags that have already been made or are already being worked on. I already have a list of weapons to make for this and other projects. Besides, forerunner weapons would be out of place here.

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
DMRs AND Battle Rifles (stealth and regular), tactical assault rifles (as seen in Firefight Descent) and SOCOMs, too, please?

I meant new weapons, those are just modified version of weapons I have already, and I really don't want to have multiple copies of the same gun. The closest I'm going to get to have two of the same weapon is my custom BR and it's LMG varient.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Suppressed weapons are unnecessary.

For this, yes. Because this is a wave defense map, the zombies always know where you are, so having a suppressed weapon wouldn't do any good.

Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
wow estaban (Altheros), YOU'RE stupid.
The Suppressor is a promethean weapon in Halo 4. it's basically a forerunner SMG.

I believe he was referring to Dumb AI's post about have a suppressed Battle Rifle, although given the nature of the post he's probably just trolling anyway. Don't even bother responding to him. It's not worth the effort.

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 12:31 AM    Msg. 8 of 45       
Quote: Suppressed weapons increases the bullet range.

Because, you know, it wouldn't do anything like actually suppress the firing...ya' know, reduce muzzle flash? And noise? No, 'course not. 'cause who would want to be covert, IN A ZOMBIE, FREAKIN' APOCALYPSE!!!
Edited by grunt_eater on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 12:57 AM    Msg. 9 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
given the nature of the post he's probably just trolling anyway. Don't even bother responding to him. It's not worth the effort.
Really, just stop responding to him. He knows he's posting stupid information, that's why he's doing it, to get a rise out everyone rushing to correct him. Just ignore it.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 01:12 AM    Msg. 10 of 45       
Typically in video games,zombies are attracted to unusual noises (like gunfire).
Having a suppressor wouldn't help a lot,since they will get curious and try to find the source of the noise.

clonecam117

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 01:17 AM    Msg. 11 of 45       
child? please. at least i don't spam the forums with multiple accounts because they get banned for immaturity. i'm not gonna fight.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 01:31 AM    Msg. 12 of 45       
Famas, not sure if anyone made one though...

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 02:02 AM    Msg. 13 of 45       
Easy.Take the scope off the BR and voila!
A futuristic FAMAS.

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 03:07 AM    Msg. 14 of 45       
Personally, I'd like to see the duel nutella tags used in this.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 07:22 AM    Msg. 15 of 45       
Rather than a BR-based LMG, might I suggest the M247 GPMG? CMT made one (there's also a drum-fed variant, although I don't know who the author is) and it would fulfill the same purpose.

The Mauler might make a good semi-automatic shotgun, and the Spiker seems like a good zombies weapon.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 3, 2013 at 07:24 AM

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 07:50 AM    Msg. 16 of 45       
I originally planned to make that a while ago, but the model came out pretty terrible so I scrapped it. As far as the BR LMG goes, I've been toying with the idea of different variants of the stock weapons and I like how this one turned out. Besides, I'm already working on another belt-fed light machine gun at the moment anyway. Although I might look into using it if I can get permission from the author.

I also have a magazine fed shotgun model lying around somewhere in my backups so I'll get that touched up and put in-game whenever I find the time. But as far as the mauler and spiker go, I'm trying to stick with a mostly human weapon set. I might make a few exceptions like the Carbine, Plasma Rifle, and Master Noob's Plasma Aggressor if I can get permission.

I also want add, I'm actually hoping to get more suggestions of custom tags, not just this gun from this game.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 3, 2013 at 07:55 AM

ReconNinja117

Used to be terrible. Probably still am.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 11:07 AM    Msg. 17 of 45       
Needs more

and

but mostly

I actually have the model for the M98B and can animate it.
Edited by ReconNinja117 on Jan 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

clonecam117

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 11:57 AM    Msg. 18 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloExtreme117
Personally, I'd like to see the duel nutella tags used in this.

Once again... HELL YES.

And I'd like to see perhaps a Barrett or something?

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 11:57 AM    Msg. 19 of 45       

Well I was think more of weapon tags that have already been made or are already being worked on. I already have a list of weapons to make for this and other projects. Besides, forerunner weapons would be out of place here.

It could be a bonus weapon

I think it is just called the suppressor because it sounds cool, the gun itself isn't very quiet.

besides, your map will get a lot of Dls if you include new weapons
please?

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 12:27 PM    Msg. 20 of 45       
Possibly related to the phrase "suppressing fire".

clonecam117

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 02:04 PM    Msg. 21 of 45       

That's exactly what it is. It's firing rate is so high it's used for crowd control, apparently.

Am i the only one who noticed that in halo 4, the forerunner weapons utterly destroy the flood?

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 03:38 PM    Msg. 22 of 45       

That's exactly what it is. It's firing rate is so high it's used for crowd control, apparently.

Am i the only one who noticed that in halo 4, the forerunner weapons utterly destroy the flood?

well, that's what they were built for :\
Edited by SilentJacket on Jan 3, 2013 at 03:38 PM

clonecam117

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 04:20 PM    Msg. 23 of 45       
I respectfully disagree. The carbine is kickass just the way it is.

I want to see a flood firefight in halo 5, but make it like infection: if a player is killed by the flood they become one.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 04:34 PM    Msg. 24 of 45       
What if you play solo?
Wouldn't you automatically lose once you get infected (unless you have multiple lives)?
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 3, 2013 at 04:35 PM

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 04:39 PM    Msg. 25 of 45       
I respectfully disagree. The carbine is kickass just the way it is.

I want to see a flood firefight in halo 5, but make it like infection: if a player is killed by the flood they become one.

I think he was saying that it should become full auto and whatnot after being put through a pack-a-punch machine, not that it should be any different in its default form.

btw rerout, I had completely forgotten about that 1911 until I saw it in your list of weapons in this thread .

So I did some work on it today and I think all that is left is sound FX and a little tweaking. I will post a video a little later.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 07:07 PM    Msg. 26 of 45       
Why would you make them even more powerful?
That's suicide on a new level.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 07:17 PM    Msg. 27 of 45       
Is everyone just ignoring what I'm saying? I'm not taking requests for making tags, I was just asking if there are any released tags that you wanted me to use, that's it. I have too much to do to any model any of these.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 07:33 PM    Msg. 28 of 45       
Energy Sword!

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 08:50 PM    Msg. 29 of 45       
add the law enforcement variant of the M90 shotgun?

supposedly, its general shape would be much like a Remington 870, as it has no pistol grip, but maybe increase capacity to 8 shells while reducing damage or increasing/decreasing range?

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 09:50 PM    Msg. 30 of 45       
Here is a vid of my current progress on that 1911, I don't know why it is so dark, but I will fix that after I add sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isQLBABALRc

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 10:42 PM    Msg. 31 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda
Here is a vid of my current progress on that 1911, I don't know why it is so dark, but I will fix that after I add sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isQLBABALRc

I sent you a pm, I'll already made a firing sound for it. Next time I see you on xfire I'll send it to you.

Quote: --- Original message by: Bottletopman
add the law enforcement variant of the M90 shotgun?

supposedly, its general shape would be much like a Remington 870, as it has no pistol grip, but maybe increase capacity to 8 shells while reducing damage or increasing/decreasing range?

Is any body even listening to me?

I'm not taking requests for making tags, I was just asking if there are any released tags that you wanted me to use, that's it.

I already have a long list of weapons to make for this and other projects. With my current schedule I barely get anything done as it is, I just don't have the time to add more to the pile.

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 11:15 PM    Msg. 32 of 45       
oh lol, my bad >< just had a really good idea and spewed it out, perhaps someone else could do it?

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 11:15 PM    Msg. 33 of 45       
CMT's MA5K Carbine
Gamma's Tactical MA5C
Jesse's Tactical M90A Shotgun
CMT's M247 GPMG (Perhaps as an alternative to your BR-based SAW)
Kingfish's M16A2 M203
Tactical Bomb (As seen on Extinction, with smaller blast radius)
CMT's SPV1 suppressed sniper rifle
IMBrokeRU's Gauss Rifle
CMT's M7 Submachine Gun

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 12:06 AM    Msg. 34 of 45       

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 01:04 AM    Msg. 35 of 45       
What's the point of having one of those?
(the law enforcement shotgun)
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 4, 2013 at 01:05 AM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed September 18, 2019 6:11 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website