A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Halo 2 Sapien Compiling scripts error

Author Topic: Halo 2 Sapien Compiling scripts error (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Constant Carnage

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 05:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Whenever I try to load my .scenario in sapien, it loads to step 2, and stops at "compiling scripts". Then it says the file in guerilla is corrupt, and sapien will shut down. What do I do?

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 06:23 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
In your halo 2 folder, what does debug.html say? Anyways, the scenario is corrupted. if you dont have any backups, then you'll have to remake the scenario tag.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 12:13 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
I'm going to assume you are using the Unlocked H2EK. I've got a few tips on which executable to use. There are certain edits to a scenario that will corrupt the file upon saving:

H2 Guerilla - UNLOCKED & EXPERT MODE

Make sure you are using the Unlocked H2 Guerilla from here: H2EK Unlocked .

This unlocked version of Guerilla allows you to view/edit previously locked tags and to create
new tags of various types.

H2GuerillaDONE.exe -> Use for normal unlocked editing.

H2GuerillaTST.exe -> Use for editing otherwise hidden fields such as object naming, improved
scripting support and messing with cameras.

H2GuerillaNEW.exe -> Same features as the TST version plus it will not corrupt a scenario
tag when adding Kill Trigger Volumes or weapons to a Single Player scenario. Of the three
editors mentioned here this is the most stable however it can only open one scenario at a time.
A work-around to this is opening a second or third instance of H2GuerillaNEW as required.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 04:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Just to add to this real quick, if you have not lit your map and are trying to straight away load the scenario after only compiling it, it will do that. Not sure if anyone else ever had that issue, but for me Sapien only loads a scenario once it has been run through lightmapping. Did you light the map before you started getting this happening to you?

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 06:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Thats a good point Twin.

First make sure if its the scenario or the the lightmaps that are corrupt by opening them in the Unlocked H2 Guerilla New. It will tell you if the scenario is corrupt or not. If the problem is teh scenario then you need to remake it and try to use the proper unlocked tools.

If the problem is the lightmaps try the following:

-Throw your current scenario, bsp, lightmaps, etc into a backup sub-directory (through Windows Explorer).

-First I would compile the .ass file.

-Then light the map on the lowest setting, this allows you to load the scenario in Sapien but with bad lighting.

-Then recompile just the .ass file, yes once again, this allows you to load the scenario in Sapien without lighting.

-Now continue to make changes to your geometry in 3DS Max, export to .ass and compile when happy with changes. Do not light, just compile.

-When you are happy with how the geometry looks and works (collision and/or errors) in Sapien attempt a more detailed light setting (which can take days on some maps).

*You may restore your scenario file as well, if you get further corrupt errors then the scenario file is not pointing to the correct bsp/lightmap location.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed March 29, 2017 8:44 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website