A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »RELEASE Halo Reach weapon models, and request!

Author Topic: RELEASE Halo Reach weapon models, and request! (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ForeRunner

This isn't good, isn't it?

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 06:46 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       
Hello!
So i tought some guys here might need these weapons, in this pack what you will find:
Concussion rifle
Needle Rifle
Rocket launcher
DMR
Sniper rifle
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Rifle
Grenade launcher

All models are in *.3ds and textures are in *.jpeg.
I didn't included bump maps because i need to turn them around and...well, i'm lazy to even to that, but if u want them and turn around yourself, drop a pm.
Why i release and not make tags out of them?
I release them because i have literally no idea how to make tags in halo engine + everyone only wants tags and don't want to make things themselves so here, i give things to make from, i myself don't care if they get to hce or not, just tought if someone wants them.

also a request, i myself need some weapons aswell, like Plasma Launcher, Focus Rifle, Spartan Laser, Fuel Rod Cannon and orbital strike something...ou yea, a link:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53049495/HaloReachWeapons.rar

NOTE that these weapons are high poly and i don't know how this engine handles these, so use poly cruncher or something.
Have fun!

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 07:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 16       
I personally don't see how this is needed, since we can simply rip the models using Adjutant.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 08:32 AM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloExtreme117
I personally don't see how this is needed, since we can simply rip the models using Adjutant.

Not everyone wants to download maps just for model. (if you know what i mean)

ForeRunner

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 08:44 AM    Msg. 4 of 16       
I didn't rip them myself because i don't have reach map files, and someone maybe have also similar problem, thatswhy i released them.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 01:05 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: ForeRunner
All models are in *.3ds and textures are in *.jpeg.

just a heads up, .obj, .dae and .fbx are usually better formats than .3ds, since all of those preserve smoothing groups and everything else that .3ds deletes for some reason.
also, jpegs.

ForeRunner

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 01:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
.obj files causes errors, i got them as obj and i needed to fix them because some parts were flipped, jpegs because it takes less space, .tif, .dds takes 4mb each.
Also smoothing groups...i don't have no problems with them, then again we have different types of 3ds maxes, and i myself use 3ds max 7...so yeah.
But thanks for the heads up! :D

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 01:27 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: ForeRunner
.obj files causes errors, i got them as obj and i needed to fix them because some parts were flipped, jpegs because it takes less space, .tif, .dds takes 4mb each.
Also smoothing groups...i don't have no problems with them, then again we have different types of 3ds maxes, and i myself use 3ds max 7...so yeah.
But thanks for the heads up! :D

Use .fbx. It's generally the best format when different Max versions are involved.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 01:27 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
what about .png? that way specular data can be saved into the alpha channel, saving file space by getting rid of a whole image file.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 03:51 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
What about .tif since you know, the halo engine

ForeRunner

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 05:06 AM    Msg. 10 of 16       
hmm, the engine what i'm currently working with has no problems with textures either anything else, my knowledge with halo ce engine is almost 0, so i don't know how it reacts with different texture types, but when i will get more stuff laying around internet and plan to release them i will then release models as .fbx and textures as .tif or dds.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 10:52 AM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Oh my gosh, why would you save it as a jpeg? At least a png, I mean, come on.

Sorry if that sounded rude, but since you know, jpeg lossy compression.

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 05:38 AM    Msg. 12 of 16       
Thank you very much, I was looking for the Reach Plasma Pistol! :D
Do you still have the original textures (not compressed in .jpg, I mean)? It would be cool if you can upload them in .png format...

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 03:38 PM    Msg. 13 of 16       
Fbx can't be imported into Gmax, Obj shows no mesh when imported (just the grey polygons sometimes with textures) and 3ds is the only one that Gmax can import aswell as 3ds max.

Please don't tell me to get 3ds max, I have it it's just so hard to get used to after using Gmax for three years.

EDIT - dae no Gmax-ness either.
Edited by hobbet360 on Feb 28, 2013 at 03:39 PM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 06:34 PM    Msg. 14 of 16       
I don't understand what's so hard when gmax is based off 3ds max.

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 06:43 PM    Msg. 15 of 16       
yea they're virtually the same.

@hobbet360 if you need 3ds max just Google autodesk students, register there and you can get a 3 year student liscense

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 04:18 AM    Msg. 16 of 16       
It's just the shortcuts and stuff are all different and harder to get used to, and the GUI is hard to get used to, but don't worry about me, I have a license and stuff, I just import stuffs that can't be imported by gmax and then export them as 3ds then import them to gmax then do mah work in there.

Don't worry 'bout me sirs. Just Stuffs and DL you with want with the models reach and this sentence makes no sense. :D

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 11:18 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website