A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Universal UI Official Thread

Page 1 of 7 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Next
Author Topic: Universal UI Official Thread (238 messages, Page 1 of 7)
Moderators: Dennis

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 06:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 238       
Update 11 Sep 14

All HD map images are now fully implemented!
This sucker is so close to being done I can taste it. And it tastes sweet.

Expect an imminent release within the next couple of days...
Edited by MoooseGuy on Sep 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Edited by MoooseGuy on Sep 12, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 06:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 238       
It looks very, very good, I hope the final version looks even better.

nihao123456ftw

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 07:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 238       
You forgot to include the "Bloodgulch mods" section.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 07:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: nihao123456ftw

I think someone will lose their sanity adding all those maps.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 07:25 PM    Msg. 5 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: nihao123456ftw

I lol'd.
Yeah, there is a very soft quality line. [REACH]SGT-Bloodgulch_v3 type maps will not be seen here. But there is a good range of projects represented.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 07:40 PM    Msg. 6 of 238       
It's because I don't remember that I'm asking, but is it possible to add our own maps to customize the UI?

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 07:41 PM    Msg. 7 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: reeiiko15
Looks great, You should give some of the popular custom multiplayer maps their own images & descriptions. And if possible, if you select a Firefight/campaign map you don't have, HAC2 will download it for you.

Yes, all custom levels have their own image and description.
Currently I am in negotiations to make SP map downloading a reality. But no guarantees. I am at the mercy of the creators of Open Sauce there.

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
It's because I don't remember that I'm asking, but is it possible to add our own maps to customize the UI?

Unfortunately, no. BUT, this UI is planned to have incremental updates to accomodate new map releases.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 22, 2013 at 07:43 PM

XboxHavic

-Modder- -Gamer-

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 08:08 PM    Msg. 8 of 238       
Wow, that looks great! Can't wait till you release.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 10:50 PM    Msg. 9 of 238       
The Map 'Revelations' would be pretty sweet to add in there. I'm not sure if you've played it, but it has the best vanilla graphics on a custom map I've seen, and it is designed beautifully.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 10:55 PM    Msg. 10 of 238       
Because Revelations is a multiplayer map, it is already included in the multiplayer list when you put it in your maps folder. Multiplayer maps will not have special pictures or descriptions due to the Halo engine (and tagspace), but all custom Multiplayer maps will have an image and description that designates them as a custom map. No more question-mark-on-a-grid.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 11:51 PM    Msg. 11 of 238       
DTSP is under the Custom Singleplayer section; that picture shows the Firefight section.

Also, H2SP may be under Masterz, but it still falls under the CMT effort. Trust me, I made sure first.

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 01:29 AM    Msg. 12 of 238       
The members of CMT themselves said it isn't their project, see the thread. Masterz just wants to use CMT's name to hype the remake again. So, H2SP belongs in the community section. DTSP deserves more recognition than H2SP.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 02:06 AM    Msg. 13 of 238       
You actually are right about the not being CMT thing, Lodex. I just looked at the thread and saw where it said "small team independent of CMT".

The issue though, is space. I would stick every campaign in the main screen if I could, but I can't. There's just not enough room. Unless I was to make that screen into a list with scroll buttons, I would have to completely reformat the Campaign section.

SPv3 and H2SP are VERY similar in style. Both have many of the same creators. So what am I to do then? Campaigns take priority over singular levels here, because they consist of multiple parts.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 04:12 AM    Msg. 14 of 238       
Put H2SPP Classic under bungie campaigns, put CMT modded one in under CMT maps. All our tags are open source, if someone wants to make their own map with the CMT tagset, they are welcome to and it can be included under CMT. The UI is there to have people be able to go to the maps they want, as defined by category. If they want maps with CMT Content... they go to CMT section.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 06:19 AM    Msg. 15 of 238       
There isn't even a level of H2SP completed or finished, and we have also barely seen any progress on it since the original post. I would just stick it into the custom sp portion of the UI.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 08:02 AM    Msg. 16 of 238       
You guys are all over the place about H2SP. The special menu for that series is already laid out and backgrounded very nicely. I'll let y'all fight over it for a bit.

I'm not just gonna go all out and completely redo the layout of this UI. I don't know if I failed to mention, but it probably wasn't clear, that I also designed this interface to be clean and visually pleasing. This means simple logos (HALO) and clean lists. If I am going to reformat a few things, I'm not going to do a messy job at it.

I read your entire post Lestat, and I will consider some of the ideas you are conveying. But there are reasons for a lot of what I did. I'm not going to make a MP map pack for a UI. Multiplayer is staying pretty much true to what it has always been. And that's ok. Because the player never needed console to load a MP map.

EDIT: Also this will be a .map file, and will support both OS and .map projects.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 23, 2013 at 08:45 AM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 10:29 AM    Msg. 17 of 238       
The first picture looks gorgeous. Would it be possible to make it even more cinematic? I know much can be done in that essence, but it may not be your goal. Anyway looking at the first pic I could only think: It would be nice to see the Pillar of Autumn there with the initial covenant fleet attacking it, as imagined in A10.

Also, I don't see RPSP on the list. Does that mean it has been removed?

The Lodeman

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 11:48 AM    Msg. 18 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Put H2SPP Classic under bungie campaigns

I'm sure you're joking. H2SPP is not made by bungie, and it's doubtful that it will reach the same quality.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 04:22 PM    Msg. 19 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Also, I don't see RPSP on the list. Does that mean it has been removed?

That picture shows the Firefight list. RPSP is in the Community Singleplayer list.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 12:15 AM    Msg. 20 of 238       
This is Mooseguy's project. He can do what he wants.

If he wants to lable Project Lumoria as a Zteam Project he can do that cause this is his project. (As odd as that would be of him)

The Lodeman

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 12:56 AM    Msg. 21 of 238       
He should name the UI "Lodeman's Epic Halo UI", and just list maps I like :-)

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 01:10 AM    Msg. 22 of 238       
I'm doing the best I can with what I got.

The reason I have to be kind of a stickler is because everyone has a different idea of what they want. It's impossible to fully please everyone. That said, I am looking at possibly reformatting the Campaign section to list all custom campaigns in one list and all custom standalone levels in another. Maybe the CMT bashers can finally get off my back.

Also, I'm thinking of removing the ODST Campaign for now, and possibly including it in an Update after the initial release. The cool thing about this thing is it will have updates to accommodate new stuff.

I'll be sure to post an update to the thread when the time comes.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 24, 2013 at 01:12 AM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 01:20 AM    Msg. 23 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman

there's already one made, it's under "Lumoria campaign" on the site.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 01:28 AM    Msg. 24 of 238       
I lol'd.

DivineGuardian7

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 10:06 AM    Msg. 25 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
This project is still a WIP, so I am open to any suggestions (within reason) that you may have. There is more to be revealed! Stay tuned.

-MoooseGuy
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 23, 2013 at 04:23 PM

Can you make it look more like mangekyo'd halo 3 ui? That would be epic. Nice job keep it up :)

The Lodeman

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 11:08 AM    Msg. 26 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman

there's already one made, it's under "Lumoria campaign" on the site.

Cheers, you are a good man!

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 11:16 AM    Msg. 27 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: DivineGuardian7
This project is still a WIP, so I am open to any suggestions (within reason) that you may have. There is more to be revealed! Stay tuned.

-MoooseGuy

Can you make it look more like mangekyo'd halo 3 ui? That would be epic. Nice job keep it up :)

Why? He's doing his own visual style for this.

I'm pretty sure Mangekyo wants to work on a new UI, probably similar to his Halo 3 UI, with a similar menu to this anyway. He did ask whether he could get instructions for doing this kind of thing himself and Moose has said that he'll be releasing the tags as far as I can recall. :)

Mangenkyo

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 03:40 PM    Msg. 28 of 238       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: DivineGuardian7

-MoooseGuy

Why? He's doing his own visual style for this.

I'm pretty sure Mangekyo wants to work on a new UI, probably similar to his Halo 3 UI, with a similar menu to this anyway. He did ask whether he could get instructions for doing this kind of thing himself and Moose has said that he'll be releasing the tags as far as I can recall. :)

exactly.. and i already have designed the screens for all the single player menu's..

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 02:08 AM    Msg. 29 of 238       
Update on the Campaign list. CMT Group renamed to CMT Members, swapped with TM Mapping Team. Community Levels renamed to More Creations.

Image updated on original post.

I figured I'm gonna stick to my guns and do the layout that I've been doing. Why? Because it flows really well visually and selection-wise. If you don't want a UI with custom maps, don't download it. I did change a few of the strings to show that the two CMT projects are made by different members, and also to let it be more apparent that the "More Creations" scrolling-list is a continuation of the campaign selection screen, rather than a subsection.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 25, 2013 at 02:11 AM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 02:55 AM    Msg. 30 of 238       
YAY TM FIRST!!!! :D <3 BEST UI EVER

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 03:38 AM    Msg. 31 of 238       
Lol, yup.

Oh, I don't think I ever mentioned that all stock Multiplayer maps have new images. Also, custom MP maps will have an image of a Halo with the word Custom in the lower right corner, and a better description. Just some cool info fer y'all.

The Lodeman

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 04:27 AM    Msg. 32 of 238       

Update on the Campaign list. CMT Group renamed to CMT Members, swapped with TM Mapping Team. Community Levels renamed to More Creations.

Image updated on original post.

I figured I'm gonna stick to my guns and do the layout that I've been doing. Why? Because it flows really well visually and selection-wise. If you don't want a UI with custom maps, don't download it. I did change a few of the strings to show that the two CMT projects are made by different members, and also to let it be more apparent that the "More Creations" scrolling-list is a continuation of the campaign selection screen, rather than a subsection.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 25, 2013 at 02:11 AM

You are a good man, although now it isn't arranged alphabetically anymore D':
We need to talk on xfire btw :O

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 26, 2013 07:00 PM    Msg. 33 of 238       
The UI is approaching completion stage. I'm hoping to get it out to you guys within the month of February.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 04:09 AM    Msg. 34 of 238       
Why yes sir, there are. Thanks for asking.

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 04:12 AM    Msg. 35 of 238       
Hmm...this kinda reminds me of the Unified HUD Project for Fallout: New Vegas, due to the growing number of UI mods, and the necessity to ensure compatibility.

This one is vaguely like it, just making it compatible with the latest and greatest maps for CE :D

Page 1 of 7 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 18, 2019 4:33 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website