A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Marine Editing

Author Topic: Marine Editing (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

AMK1994

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 01:05 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
So I used the bump possession on a ODST in the Truth and Recon CMT yelo map, and it looked sweet, however, I am unable to throw grenades or perform dodges. I did some research on how and I think I can do those parts but...

I am trying to use Guerilla to find the marine animation graph but only have marine_armoured with flashlight tags inside.

I am pretty sure however the marines in CE and CMT are different so I'd need to mod the yelo map right? I don't know.

Anyone have an idea? Am I missing a program which allows me to mess with maps (outside tag folder)?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 01:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
The biped is most likely missing the animation for the grenade throw. You could try using a different set of animations such as the cyborg one. Just make sure they have the same nodes and markers.

Animation injector would be quite useful right now if I knew how to use it.

AMK1994

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 02:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
I'm not missing an animation I think, what I'm trying to do is -

Replace Marine crouch with different directional dives

add velocity to marine grenade throw

Marine folder doesn't exist though, instead I have Marine_armoured/flastlight tags

CMT yelo probably uses a different Marine tag though, so how would I access their ODST marine replacement? And add those commands to him (Dive/throw)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=39563

Some info I am trying to understand here as well. The Marine graphs/folder doesn't exist. And I think they may be talking about a user made tag.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 04:23 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
I would try to extract the cmt odsts with hek+ and then in OS saipen, recompile all the cyborg stuff but use the odst model and the matching odst animation set. I might attempt it, but I need to get OS guerrilla to work and learn how to unlock things that are protected in hek+. You would also need to replace the cyborg in spv3 a50 with the new one you created (in other words, make an odst with the cyborg settings, and save the new player tag, add it to any map, recompile map with the new player tag). Also if you pay attention to the marines and odsts, when they are shot, they play an annoying animation which prevents them from moving. If you use bump-possession, whatever you enter will have the same settings as the original ai.

example:I possess a hunter. my old cyborg is still standing there. My hunter is near the player causing the my hunter to do the melee attack without my (or the player's) input. My hunter automatically does the animation killing my old cyborg.

The cyborg biped doesn't have these problems. The cyborg goes by player input but ai is bound to certain actions. Basically, you need to make the given biped (in your case the odst) not bound to ai animations such as the taking damage animation.

All that I said may not work but if someone who actually makes player bipeds could explain it better please do so. I'll try it and see what happens (note I am a scenery modeler and not some one who works with bipeds)

Hope this helped and sorry if it didn't.

AMK1994

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 09:17 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Hey man I will try all of that but FYI I actually like playing the Marine AI.

They seem more human than cyborg, especially getting shot and when they spot an enemy they are like HEY! LOOK OVER NYERE! So hopefully it's not too different right? Could I just setup a marine then?

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 09:29 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Yes it should work with any capable biped including the marine, but if I were you I would remove the useless things, like the auto melee ect. Also I hope you know that the first person stuff is a completely different set of models and animations, so if you can find a compatible pirst person rig with the same nodes/bones as the cyborg rig, you could just use stock animations. An example of this is like a map with reach armor in first person but uses stock weapons and animations.

You could probably keep the "reactions" the ai marines have, but I would recommend using the cyborg settings so you don't lose control of the player. I'm not sure how the "hey look a bad guy" dialog kick in, but things like the getting shot animation is a reaction based thing.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 12:40 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website