A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Takedown: Project Lawson SP Casting Call

Author Topic: Takedown: Project Lawson SP Casting Call (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 09:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 23       

See official thread here.

I am looking for people who have voices and a mic (with at least decent quality, I use a guitar hero mic for reference). So no laptop mics. Go buy one, they're cheap..

Main characters are characters with returning roles. (All characters, besides those who die, may return but you must return if you are a main character) If you wish to play one of them please 1. be active (so you're easy to contact when I need you ~1 year later), 2. be able to do a lot of lines (including retakes), 3. be able to do lines within ~1-2 weeks of giving

Main characters are typically serious and drive the plot. You can also have some freedom improvising as long as you also do the original line. Main character's voice actors will have the story spoiled completely. (I may not ask you to do these lines until May/June, and then have you do the current script for Extermination in July/August, then do a final script again for Extermination sometime first 1/2 half of next year)

Extra characters have small roles and if I can't get enough VOs I may ask you to do another Extra part. These characters typically are comedic. (Random talking guys about ___ aren't really). You can also have some freedom improvising as long as you also do the original line.

Main Characters:
Final voices: (characters that are casted)
Lawson (main character, high amount of lines, is Lawson) - Slow Bullet

Temp voices: (characters that have voices. You can still try out for these parts still if you want-but these people are major characters, so your voice acting should be good enough)
Karner (main character, high amount of lines, player for Project Lawson & Extermination) - Hiralis
Kadar (main character, medium-high amount of lines, Karners partner) - Temptii
Harper (main character, low-medium amount of lines, UNSC Commander) - MatthewDratt
Nova (main character, medium-high amount of lines, Lawson's 2nd in command) - MatthewDratt

Extra Characters:
Final voices: (characters that are casted)
Chess Player B (extra character, low-medium amount of lines, talks to A counterpart) - Slow Bullet
Chess Player A (extra character, low-medium amount of lines, talks to B counterpart) - MatthewDratt
Alpha's New Recruit (extra character, low amount of lines, semi-nervous new recruit, requires screaming) - dumb AI
Door Guard (extra character, low amount of lines, guards door) - Storm
Mechanic (extra character, low amount of lines, fixes up vehicles) - Killzone

Temp voices: (characters that have voices. You can still try out for these parts still if you want)
Gray (main character for Takedown: The Introduction, medium amount of lines) - MatthewDratt or clonecam117

Open roles:
Random Talking Guy about new troops A (extra character, low amount of lines, talks to B counterpart)
Random Talking Guy about new troops B (extra character, low amount of lines, talks to A counterpart)
Random Talking Guy about bases A (extra character, low amount of lines, talks to B counterpart)
Random Talking Guy about bases B (extra character, low amount of lines, talks to A counterpart)
Karen VI (extra character, low amount of lines, Lawson's virtual intelligence)

If you want a role PM me, Email me (matthewdratt@ymail.com), xfire me (MatthewDratt), or something else me. Include some sampling of your voice please (anything just so I can hear). If you want to try for a certain role ask what character you'd like.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 6, 2013 at 09:48 PM
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 7, 2013 at 09:46 PM
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 9, 2013 at 02:51 AM

Guilty_spark

enjoy my bright, blue, balls!

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 09:46 PM    Msg. 2 of 23       
I approve this message.

Guilty_spark

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 09:53 PM    Msg. 3 of 23       
I use that saying a lot actually (maybe not on this forum but on others and xfire.)

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 09:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spark
I approve this message.

I approve of the approving of this message.

Guilty_spark

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 10:00 PM    Msg. 5 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Spark
I approve this message.

I approve of the approving of this message.
I approve the approving of the approving of this message. ok anyway I'm done with that

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 10:00 PM    Msg. 6 of 23       
I'd like to try out. I'll need to go buy a mic, though.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 10:43 PM    Msg. 7 of 23       
> Time when spartans first were shown
"OMG SO AMAZING SHADERS THEY LOOK SO GOOD"

> Spartans now
"SHADERS SUCK PLASTIC ACTION FIGURES" (honestly not the first time I've heard those exact words)

I got Bourrin on the spartans (I think?), now I need voices for them

MatthewDratt

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 10:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 23       
Rape indeed.

Seriously because of ....

That looks painful is the default standing pose in Halo 1 for the legs

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 09:05 AM    Msg. 9 of 23       
the shaders don't look as bad as altheros is stating, they look fine for stock engine shaders

Edited by killzone64 on Feb 7, 2013 at 09:18 AM

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 09:17 AM    Msg. 10 of 23       
i must admit that that is pretty funny coming from you, and i have made good shaders before, plus if you were in the beta you would have noticed that they fit the visual style of the map. and those are probably old pics that he used to make the logo and in no way represent the final product.

try some constructive criticism for once
Edited by killzone64 on Feb 7, 2013 at 09:21 AM

rofl and there goes another altheros account tada
Edited by killzone64 on Feb 7, 2013 at 09:31 AM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 09:49 AM    Msg. 11 of 23       
Alpha's New Recruit (extra character, low amount of lines, semi-nervous new recruit, requires screaming)

I think I can do this^

How would you like the screams?
*Man who got hurt (as manly as one can be while screaming)
*Scared child
*Terrified teenager (who saw Slenderman)
*Stereotypical fem scream
Edited by Dumb AI on Feb 7, 2013 at 09:56 AM

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 10:08 AM    Msg. 12 of 23       
I'd like to volunteer for any suitable spot. Here are some samples from The Great Infestation:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gvkcwdb62uwvbyn

Or you can see how it'll look like in maps itself, like the The Great Infestation trailer:

http://youtu.be/lFObFt0w1To

Or just check out my channel, but I think you already know how I sound normally ;-)

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 11:47 PM    Msg. 13 of 23       
Shewt. I was lookin to maybe do the voice of a main charactor, but the only open slots are side characters.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 12:03 AM    Msg. 14 of 23       
scheduled a recording session for hiralis, might as well get 2 birds with 1 stone. send some sample lines, and you can decide who shall have the unfortunate fate of adopting my voice.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 12:13 AM    Msg. 15 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
Shewt. I was lookin to maybe do the voice of a main charactor, but the only open slots are side characters.

All temp voices are also available, they just also have someone else fighting for the spot. They include a lot of main characters (including the player).

For example I have someone else fighting for the position of Gray from TD: The Introduction.

Also may I recommend some voice actors to me (I think that's how this process works)... lol
Lodex and Higuy should play a group that talks to counterpart A & B.
Masterz1337 and Kirby should play a group that talks to counterpart A & B.

Any other "married couples" in the custom edition community that have mics?
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 9, 2013 at 02:52 AM

Guilty_spark

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 11:04 PM    Msg. 16 of 23       
i actually am really considering to try out for voice acting in project lawson talk to me over xfire matthew when im on i can do a few voices.

The Lodeman

Hipster Lodeman: Enjoyed goats before it was cool.

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 01:01 AM    Msg. 17 of 23       
Can't forget Lone and Koo, the cheerie scotsmen :-)
And I might be up for some VA, if it's not toooo time consuming. Just hit me up on da fires of x.
Edited by The Lodeman on Feb 12, 2013 at 01:11 AM

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 02:02 AM    Msg. 18 of 23       
Aw! If your AI wan't a female I would totally be able to do some voicing since I have the Novation Mininova coming in in a few days.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 07:10 AM    Msg. 19 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Any other "married couples" in the custom edition community that have mics?
Here.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 12:45 AM    Msg. 20 of 23       
I'm pretty sure I can find people for the remaining open roles, so if you want to try out for a main character (Gray, Harper, Karner, Kadar, Nova) then send me a message and I'll send you some audition lines and then see if I like your voice better than my current VOs

If I've asked you for lines and you haven't sent them yet, I haven't replaced you, so send me your lines
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 09:01 PM    Msg. 21 of 23       

Meaning I still need a few parts. If for some reason I never got around to you just send me another PM

You can still try out for any part (except Lawson)
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 23, 2013 at 09:09 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 09:27 PM    Msg. 22 of 23       
I don't think I need to do anything.

No problem with the recordings,right?

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 03:42 PM    Msg. 23 of 23       
sorry for being so long dratt, i am recording tomorrow night. i should have them up then for you to check out.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun February 23, 2020 12:26 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website