A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Question about creating Bipeds (urgent)

Author Topic: Question about creating Bipeds (urgent) (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Feb 9, 2013 11:11 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hi,

I am working on getting a biped in-game for the first time, I have it rigged to master chiefs bones, but when there was no frame of any kind in the gbxmodel for MC that I imported.

I need to know what the frame should be named and where it should be in the scene for the biped to work with MCs animations.

If at all possible I am trying to get this step done tonight, so if you know the answer please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 12:36 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Bipeds don't use frames/nodes, they use bones. Just check whatever the parent bone of the bone structure when imported is and link it to that (i THINK it's bip01 pelvis or something, you'd have to check up on that).

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 08:32 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Tool accepts both "frame" and "bip01" as prefixes for nodes. For example, some models like the Hunter and Flood Combat forms use both. The only time I have ever encountered a problem with this, was with one of the exporters. Either the bluestreak model exporter or CaD's animation exporter has issues attempting to export a scene that contains both frame and bip01, but I don't remember which one. But if your model is just rigged to the cyborg bones then you won't even run into this anyway.

(Also, yoda, get on xfire when you get a chance, I need to ask you something)

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 03:14 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Thnks for your replys, I got it working ealy this morning but didn't get a chance to resond till just now.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 5, 2020 2:54 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website