A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Goodbye

Author Topic: Goodbye (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Covalyne

Previously known as SFloyd or CSFloyd

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 03:55 PM    Msg. 1 of 18       
Hey everyone.

I'm finally done with Halo, and modding in general.

I wanted to swing by this community since I had my best times here.

For those of you who don't know me, I used to post/spam/harass this site under the alias of "Floyd", with usernames like CSFloyd, SFloyd & STFloyd.

I had a great time, hopefully those of you who knew me are still here.

http://i.imgur.com/joKC5sE.png

I love you guys.

I love you DEElekgolo (DEEhunter), you are literally like my brother.
I love you InvaderVeex, you were my entry point into halo modding, if I had not met you I would not be the same person I am today.
I love you Spartan094, you recruited me into your modding clan and taught me modeling and bitmap-production skills.
I love you DarkHalo003, we weren't very close, but we had our times of corporation.
I love you DarkZealot, you let me help you in map planning and modeling which was very fun and new to me.
I love you JoshFlighter, you had an extremely large influence on me.
I love you ODX, you would sometimes bite at me, and I at you, but we got along and you made sick ass animations.
I love you Hayabusa1337, even though you went rogue, you recruited me when I had no skills or talents.
I love you CLS_Grunt, you defended me through some of the worst times in this forum, thank you.
I love you Advancebo, you are one cool ass Asian, you were more of a friend than a fellow modder.
I love you Higuy, you gave me access to your maps and knowledge on BSP modelling which I am very thankful for, also we have some rough memories that are nostalgic.
I love you Jesse, loljesse.
I love you HDoan, you let me into H3MT even though I leaked your Narrows map.
I love you E3pO, you gave me extensive amounts of resources while expecting nothing in return, while also stretching my modeling skills.
I even love you WMHunter, you were my competition, you pushed me.
I love you iHalo.

You too K23Kid.

Oh and Dennis,
I love you, sorry for everything.
Edited by Covalyne on Feb 16, 2013 at 03:57 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 04:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 18       
Good luck in your future endeavors!

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 04:33 PM    Msg. 3 of 18       
Just so happens that I came across this today on my old computer. Dat AR. http://www.xfire.com/videos/5e3aa3

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 06:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 18       
See ya!

Have a great time... in life...
This is awkward saying goodbye to someone I don't know

Corvette19

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 07:10 PM    Msg. 5 of 18       
Hey dude. Good times over the years. I have you and Kevin both on Facebook but I'm not sure you know that I added you. Look for Blake Webb on your friends list

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 10:28 PM    Msg. 6 of 18       
Cheers, my friend, good luck in all your endeavours!

p.s. Is it just me or all of a sudden are there a bunch of people retiring? this is the 4th i've seen in the past few months.

Corvette19

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 10:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 18       
The community is getting slower and slower.

clonecam117

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 10:42 PM    Msg. 8 of 18       
Sadly. This is IMO one of the best communities out there, except for the occasional Altheros.

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 10:49 PM    Msg. 9 of 18       
Good luck in your future endeavours. loljesse

Covalyne

Previously known as SFloyd or CSFloyd

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 03:03 PM    Msg. 10 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Wait, you were still alive? Seriously? I thought you quit long ago.

I was, I did not post. I just watched & read.

Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
Just so happens that I came across this today on my old computer. Dat AR. http://www.xfire.com/videos/5e3aa3

Seriously, I think I modeled like 15 AR's over the years. Good times.

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
See ya!

Have a great time... in life...
This is awkward saying goodbye to someone I don't know

Thanks
it's awkward for me too <3.

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Hey dude. Good times over the years. I have you and Kevin both on Facebook but I'm not sure you know that I added you. Look for Blake Webb on your friends list

We did have a good time, we should all get on XBL some time and play. I noticed btw.

Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
Cheers, my friend, good luck in all your endeavours!

p.s. Is it just me or all of a sudden are there a bunch of people retiring? this is the 4th i've seen in the past few months.

The game is slowly dying compared to competition with tool-sets such as CryEngine and UDK available.

Quote: --- Original message by: 032 Mendicant Bias
Good luck in your future endeavours. loljesse

loljesse.

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 03:53 PM    Msg. 11 of 18       
Remember the good times.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 06:55 PM    Msg. 12 of 18       
Good bye to you. Someone's gotta take his place now, Not you, altheros, I meant someone

clonecam117

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 09:14 PM    Msg. 13 of 18       
^ True dat.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 11:48 PM    Msg. 14 of 18       
Goodbye!

Quote:
♥CutiePie♥ '-': YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET!!! ♥♥♥
♥CutiePie♥ '-': loooooove
Johnelle Brewster™: oh you
♥CutiePie♥ '-': my ovaries are bursting with excitement
Olivia Wilde™: <3
Johnelle Brewster™: LOL
McKayla Maroney: L0L
McKayla Maroney: OMFG
McKayla Maroney: I'm done, LMFAO
Johnelle Brewster™: yeah that one pretty much put me out of commission as well
McKayla Maroney: Like damn.
McKayla Maroney: Critical f------g hit.

Edited by MoooseGuy on Feb 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Spartan_094

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 12:21 AM    Msg. 15 of 18       
Best of luck to yah Floyd. I still remember those days long ago..now we are growing up. Keep in touch will yah?

I cant figure out why but in your pic it has me as listed as the poster "cheatdeathlessplayer" in the influential mappers list lol.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 11:26 PM    Msg. 16 of 18       
It has been good times.. I haven't touched Halo in a very long time, since I'm the ripper, I just released everything I had and left. I still look back at this forum and read all of it.

I still sometimes miss the fights, and all the drama, the fact we could get over them, and learn from them is what built up this community even if Dennis had to intervene sometimes...

Fighting the trolls together and what not, haha. I am not gonna lie, I started using 3ds back when it was owned by discreet, when I was 7. iBotModz, and Se7enSins started my true social life when I was like 11.. and then I found HaloMaps and did this for years.. Since 2007 (being banned once) until now. It's not 2013, that is crazy to think about.. I am about to turn 18, I have my eyes on a place and me and my friend and I are going to move out together and start our lives. I have so much going for me, not trying to be cocky, but I am just saying this site has done so much. Talking to people with similar interests was probably the greatest fun I had over the years.. No matter how many parties, bonfires, raves, concerts, festivals, fairs, etc, no matter how much beer, drugs, or hot girls you have, no matter how cool you think you are, I got to say this is the only place I could have a real enjoyable conversation because people knew what you were talking about... It's been fun.

I love this site, and in 10 years, I will definitely come back and see how it's changed (if it is still here) It'd be nice to mess around with the 2023 noobs, haha (:

Floyd, we haven't talked in ages, I haven't talked to anyone here in ages. Mainly because Xfire got annoying so I uninstalled... but if anyone ever wants to talk, I still use AIM, my name is "MeleeLite". Feel free to talk to me. I am on a new computer with no Halo stuff, so please don't ask for anything, but I may still be able to talk, or if you just want to talk about whats been going on, cause it's been forever...

I feel like this is high school before social media.. We are all going to split and never talk to each other again, and we will probably never find each other... Kind of sad when you really think about it... You cannot say this hasn't been a part of your life.. This community is special, and we have grown over the years. The amount of content and extensive research that's been done is incredible... The entire workload of map making here, I bet there is solid straight YEARS of work added up together in all of us from this site.

All the maps I made even if I never showed, a personal favorite I made was a map where you are a Mark VI Spartan on the HD Wasp I modeled, with 2 Recon spartans with Rocket launcher, and you can fire the Wasp weapons, and it was a snowy level where you have to fight through. Personal favorite, and very fun, I had this computer called a UX-180p, and I installed CE on it and played that all day long.

I'm not gonna lie, even though to each other we are literally just names on a screen, that eventually mean nothing to one another, I will surely miss you guys, and this was several years of my life, so I will always remember.

I would also like to say my goodbyes and thanks!

DEElekgolo (DEEhunter): I remember gifting you a game on steam for Halo 3 Beta models, I was desperate, I look back and laugh at that, but it happened, and it was part of the whole experience of being here. You really tought me alot about how game engines work, such as geometry, bsps, lighting, etc. You knocked some sense into me that I had to work if I wanted something, not beg for it. Also incredible 3ds max material/shader work.
Spartan094: My main man in Halo right here, we ripped and released everything. Crazy times, and good talks.
DarkHalo003: Really wanted to help out on Halo: Aero. It never happened, but I appreciate it, good times.
JoshFlighter: Blew me away with your models, inspired me to model the Oasis of the Seas and build something incredible outside of my comfort zone.
ODX: Animations were raw, I always loved the animation side of HM, there was little, but when their was, it was great competition.
CLS_Grunt: Back when I was a noob (on my old account), you showed me how this place works, and what to do and not to do. You were the first ever to give me hard crit, I got mad, but you eventually taught me how to properly handle crit and how to use it to better your works and yourself. Big help even in life tbh, opened my eyes on other people's perspectives rather than just getting mad.
Advancebo: That test map. I miss that, not gonna lie. The white Halo 3 Banshee, and the assault rifle, bumps maps, the Halo 3 frigate, blowing stuff up. We always talked and fought and learned about Halo, talking about canon and what not, I had some crazy good times with you here until you randomly disappeared one day...
Higuy: Another one for hard crit, I thank you, and you have made some insane maps and personal favorites of mine.. I always wanted to make maps as good as you, although I never got there, I give you props, major inspiration to bring my 3D creations to life within an engine.
Jesse, another amazing community member, with amazing content. loljesse.
HDoan: Modeling inspiration like crazy. Glad you got that one commercial, and the only person from here I've ever added on facebook.
E3pO: None the less, one of the greatest people here, with your ups and downs, you've done so much for this community it's not even funny.
WMHunter: Amazing modeling, EXTREME crit, but it was all worth it in the end.

...and I won't forget

Gamma927: The amazing scripter.
Gravemind: All the way back to Halo 2PC Mods, up to Adjundant, you've made some serious progress, and I've always loved you work, and you have helped me in the ripping process incredibly much.
Kornman00: for almost starting the halo modding foundation and doing almost more than half of all the tag research.
TheGhost: The Blitzkreig Project that made this community possible after 3ds max 8.
BeachParty: We had our CryEngine game obliterated, and shut down. Yes we used some rips, but the weeks and weeks of modeling all the content for that game was incredible. We talked for WEEKS and spent every night on MSN making logos and models, and eventually quit talking due to the huge time difference in our time zones, then you just disappeared, you were one of my favorites.
Grunt (Something): I don't remember this one guys name, but he gave me my first rip (other than the Spartans), a Halo 3 grunt, and since I cherished it, I made my first super shader on that model, eventually leading to the Wraith, which is one of the best shader jobs anyone has seen here.
StatutoryTrOy: I still feel like an ass for accidentily leaking your Guardian map in my iHalo release! (Sorry!)
Mothergoat: AMAZING Soundtracks, and thank you so much for building the Wasp. What If I told you I was building it in real life? ;)
(DA) Ender: For Extinction, the #1 map on here, and starting my tagset by ripping that monster even though it's just loaded with noob stuff, it's an amazing start for a tagset.
Tiamat: Hugeass and Coldsnap: 2 huge starter maps aswell, we all had out fun on them at one point.
EDJ Burke: My favorite and most beautiful map out there, Portent.
Jahrain and YoMamma: For all the Halo 2 xbox modding tools, the first CC Halo 2 Chief, and for my second favorite map, Mystic. Very beautiful.
Yoyorast: For the amazing race maps
{DHG} Vista: The Floods Series
???: Whoever made the original RPG series maps (COOLAID/Gibbo?)

I feel like I am missing an extensive amount of people I would like to acknowledge, and I feel bad they don't pop up in my head, as I feel giving due respect for being a major part of my childhood, but it is what it is. I love you guys. This site, and it's content has provided me with HUNDREDS of HOURS of fun in my life, along with developing for it, even playing with friends in real life it triggers thousands of memories, fights, and fun in these forums over the years.

Well I've been writing for a while, and just know Halo will always live in my heart. <3
I love HaloMaps, as a huge part of my life. As Bungie would say, See you starside.

Edited by iHalo on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 11:45 PM    Msg. 17 of 18       
@ iHalo,
I don't believe this gravemind here working on adjudant is the same person who worked on the gravemind tool for halo 2.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 12:46 AM    Msg. 18 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
@ iHalo,
I don't believe this gravemind here working on adjudant is the same person who worked on the gravemind tool for halo 2.

My bad then, misinformed by me. None the less, he has still helped me a load with the ripping this year.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun June 16, 2019 9:52 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website