A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Scripting limits

Author Topic: Scripting limits (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 03:39 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
You know, I've always half-wondered about this: how far can scripting can within HCE? And if the question's not clear, then: Compared to modern gaming features, how far can scripting within HCE get us? Perhaps, this may spark some new ideas/motivation for some new scripts?

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 03:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
There is a lot more that you can do with scripting than originally thought possible.
Your imagination can help push the boundaries, as seen in projects that Gamma, Kirby, TM, and myself and Pepzee have worked on, among others. And with OS, the limits are even less constricting.

As far as the limit for lines goes, its a pretty big number. Pepzee tried to see how many lines he could shove into a map one time; he may be able to tell you what that limit was.

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 03:55 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Did he shove a heap of (print "123") scripts in or did it actually do something I wonder? :o

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 03:58 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Pepzee? I think what he did was put a crap ton of (sleep 1) commands until he reached the limit of something-thousand lines. If I were to guess, it might have been around 200,000.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat August 15, 2020 10:30 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website