A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Sacred Icon BSP

Author Topic: Sacred Icon BSP (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

CAG Gonzo

Retreat? Hell! We just got here!

Posted: Mar 3, 2013 02:48 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Does anyone have the full Sacred Icon BSP? I've got every other freaking BSP except Sacred Icon, the one in which I am most interested. I used Entity 2.18 to get the BSPs and I'm satisfied enough with the results. But for whatever reason Entity REFUSES to demonstrate any competency when it comes to Sacred Icon and its sbsp tags. Stupid exceptions and stack traces everywhere. Makes me want to learn C++...too bad I'm a Java guy.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Mar 3, 2013 06:00 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
With many maps (BSPs) it depends on the version of Entity that you use, here are a few to try:

http://www.monstrmoose.com/MMrepository/Halo_Tools/2_Xbox/Entity/

Twinreaper

Posted: Mar 3, 2013 03:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Not sure what type of problem you are having, but don't use anything above 3.1.7. My buddy Troy changed a few things in 3.1.8 that made some things a bit unstable or the results less than desireable. Stick with 3.1.7 or 3.1.4 for anything bsp extraction. By chance, what specific errors are you encountering? If it's soemthing as trivial as not being able to extract the bsp in one shot, and instead havign to export as multiple obj's.....well theres a good reason for that.

Most sbsp's that contain weather will give you a headache. You need to fix up, remove or compile a new mm map with the sbsp and remove all things that are causing errors. Use H2Core and Guerilla for it.

CAG Gonzo

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 01:49 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
1.3, 1.6, 2.0. 2.12, 2.15, and 2.18 did absolutely nothing for me. This is extremely aggravating. I have all the other BSPs except the one I want most.

Twinreaper

Posted: Mar 8, 2013 09:19 AM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Ok, so I am assuming your lazy and don't want to have to import individual obj files? It's not that tough man...really. It will take you literally 32 minutes to import all 132 base obj's and place all 62 or some odd permutation obj's. If you want it that bad, it's the only way. And yes, I got the 32 minute time frame from me importing the obj's the other day. I already have the bsp setup...

CAG Gonzo

Posted: Mar 8, 2013 10:50 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Please do not insult me by confusing inability with laziness. For every other campaign BSP, I simply combined all exported sbsps. For Sacred Icon, I cannot get any of the export/view options to work without generating some JIT error. If I could export anything, even if I had to do it 162 times and manually combine them in max, I would not have created this thread. I need either a version of entity that will work for me, or someone else to provide me with the BSP as a MAX or OBJ file.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Mar 8, 2013 05:26 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Entity can be sensitive in how you use it. When doing a BSP extraction you do not want to click on anything but the SBSP, and yes with campaign maps you might have to extract them in separate pieces.

Alright, I decided to see what the problem was; I used Entity 2.1.14 to extract all of the BSPs to single .OBJs except for the last called high_8 which is extracted to separate .OBJs.

I have included a plug-in I use with 3DS Max 8, it is called GuruWare gw_objio.dle. The file replaces Obj2Max.dli under Max's stdplugs dir, just rename the original OBJ importer to Obj2Max.dli.ORIGINAL. The plug-in helps retain the materials, it saves hours of time compared with using the original importer.

Sacred Icon (06a_sentinelwalls.map)
11.61MBs compressed (~107MBs extracted)
Edited by Kills_Alone on Mar 8, 2013 at 06:12 PM

CAG Gonzo

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 01:43 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
I'll give this a go when I get back to my windows machine (using my mac right now). If I get it to work, then hats off to you, sir. I don't know why all versions of entity hate me for this particular map...what OS are you using, and what steps do you take to extract the BSPs?

I open entity, load the map, navigate to the first sbsp I see, and go to one of the extract commands. I immediately am greeted with some error. All BSP related tools produce an error with this map.

Many thanks for helping me out. I'll see if I can't extract the BSP with entity 2.1.4 (I don't recall seeing it on the version list in the link in a previous thread).

EDIT: Well don't I feel stupid...I mixed up Sacred Icon with Quarantine Zone...when I imported the OBJ from your file I thought "Hm. These BSPs look familiar. Oh, wait. I already have them".

So, I need to get Quarantine Zone working for me. Entity is mean. How is it that others are able to get these BSPs with no issues? As far as I can tell, I have all the necessary installations (.NET and so on), not to mention the fact that no other map gives me this issue. It irritates me.
Edited by CAG Gonzo on Mar 27, 2013 at 07:02 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 5:16 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website