A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »h2 vista modding vs CE

Author Topic: h2 vista modding vs CE (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

jabberwockxeno

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 07:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I'm new, but why is it that vista seems to have so much less modding than CE? Is it not as editable?

Also, an unrelated note: with a gamepad, my movement slows down randomly. Any ideas why?
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Mar 6, 2013 at 07:19 PM

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 10:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Its outlined here: Buyer's Remorse

While much of the editing process has been unlocked the included example tag files where very limited, this makes it difficult for new users to pick up. That is one reason my team (H2MT) released most of our own tagset recently so that other users have a good base of source files to start with.

[DATA+TAGS] H2MT - The Essential Collection

jabberwockxeno

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 01:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kills_Alone
Its outlined here: Buyer's Remorse

While much of the editing process has been unlocked the included example tag files where very limited, this makes it difficult for new users to pick up. That is one reason my team (H2MT) released most of our own tagset recently so that other users have a good base of source files to start with.

[DATA+TAGS] H2MT - The Essential Collection

So you expect h2v modding to pick up? Any ideas on my issue with the gamepad? It's present even with vehilces, Anything with the left thumbstick.

I may make a new thread for it.

Kills_Alone

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 05:33 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
They (MS/343i) plan on shutting H2V down in June (perhaps on the 15th) so no I do not expect mapping/modding to take off in H2V unless we find a way to extend its online life.

If you can borrow an identical gamepad then you can see if the problem still exists with that one, if not then you know its a hardware issue with your gamepad.

jabberwockxeno

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 06:01 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kills_Alone
They (MS/343i) plan on shutting H2V down in June (perhaps on the 15th) so no I do not expect mapping/modding to take off in H2V unless we find a way to extend its online life.

If you can borrow an identical gamepad then you can see if the problem still exists with that one, if not then you know its a hardware issue with your gamepad.

Well, it only happens on halo 2, so I know it's not a hardware issue with the gamepad.

Twinreaper

Posted: Mar 8, 2013 11:35 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Is it a wired or wireless controller you are using? The wireless soemtimes expereinces a bit of lag or glitching due to relaying to the reciever, then the game. Sometimes for unknown reasons, a certain game can do it, but can't be 100% on that. Is it enough of an issue that is really effects the gameplay?

Kills_Alone

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 02:26 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       
I have noticed that my controls tend to flip out and play musical chairs after a time if I fail to turn on my wireless 360 gamepad before starting H2V.

I am currently using Windows 8 64-bit Pro.
Edited by Kills_Alone on Mar 9, 2013 at 02:27 AM

jabberwockxeno

Posted: Mar 11, 2013 02:19 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
Is it a wired or wireless controller you are using? The wireless soemtimes expereinces a bit of lag or glitching due to relaying to the reciever, then the game. Sometimes for unknown reasons, a certain game can do it, but can't be 100% on that. Is it enough of an issue that is really effects the gameplay?

Wired.

It's a tron limited edition controller.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 5:36 PM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website