A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Help please

Author Topic: Help please (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Rikyblacknigguh

Dont talk about it be about it

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 08:56 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
You know how chimp is used for exporting maps, right? Well when I was done modeling my map in gmax, the tutorials said I needed to open grablistener after modeling and grab listener keeps crashing, what do I do?

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 12:49 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 07:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
I'm assuming you are using Gmax here...

In chimp, tick the write to listener box, not the export to file. Idk the exact names of them atm.

Then when it finishes compiling (the blue bar at the bottom),

press F11 and delete the "*****start of JMS*****" and EVERYTHING ABOVE it, then go all the way to the bottom and delete "*****end of JMS*****".

After that... DON'T close gmax, keep it open. Open grab listener while gmax is in the background and it will open a save as box after it opens a black screen.

Save it in "halo ce\DATA\whereeverwherever\models\" and name it "whatever.JMS", you have to include the ".JMS" then do what ever with it.

EDIT - everytime I use chimp it will give me an open edge error because it pulls out a corner of a face, then throws it at another vertex... Sometimes through the middle of the map...

So instead of chimp, you can you another exporter, like maniacs one, or the JMS exporter on the site.
Edited by hobbet360 on Mar 10, 2013 at 07:20 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 2:48 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website