A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP] SOI's Tag dump

Page 5 of 29 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 29 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [WIP] SOI's Tag dump (983 messages, Page 5 of 29)
Moderators: Dennis

Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: May 24, 2013 10:59 PM    Msg. 141 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2473/sapiendualcore201305251.jpg
there fine for me

Hm...they wear shades on their helmets now?

I think it would look a lot better if the black visor was shiny.
Edited by Dumb AI on May 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: May 25, 2013 10:01 AM    Msg. 142 of 983       
O.o That black visor doesn't appear on my PC... it should be invisible...

By the way... I'm not going to justify myself for my crappy marines, but honestly I did them a long time ago, and I just wanted to enable head permutations. Since Killer5000 was impatient to get them, I released them without enchancing them, because I was more focused on the Spiker. Once I have finished the Spiker, I'll finish the marines... consider the current ones just as a placeholder. Sorry :(
Edited by SOI_7 on May 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: May 25, 2013 10:59 AM    Msg. 143 of 983       
Why are you sorry?

There is no need to be sorry.


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: May 25, 2013 12:54 PM    Msg. 144 of 983       
I'm sorry because I should have waited before releasing those marines, since they still needed some work. I wanted to make Killer5000 happy, but I've been too hasty, and not professional.

So, I have directly worked on them. I just want to say, whoever made them, that he was certainly drunk when he tagged them... He did a disaster! Wrong bitmaps everywhere!

After some work with Kornman00 (Yes, not gmax, because I can't figure how to make Blueasterak v.1.0.2 work in order to export multiple regions), I got this:





I have updated the download link in the previous post. Credits are in the Readme.txt

Now, time to work on the Spiker...

EDIT: Spiker finished!







The animations have been a pain to make, but at least they came out... acceptable.

Next weapon?
Edited by SOI_7 on May 31, 2013 at 02:23 PM


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Jun 10, 2013 08:02 PM    Msg. 145 of 983       


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 08:26 AM    Msg. 146 of 983       


Gunelite
Joined: Jun 11, 2013

learning to make huds


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 04:11 PM    Msg. 147 of 983       
sorry for pressuring or whatever take but by the time the rifle will be h4?


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: Jun 21, 2013 05:27 PM    Msg. 148 of 983       
I'm sorry, man, but... I don't understand what you mean...

Sorry for the long silence here, guys, unluckily I'm in the middle of the exams =[
I have just finished the Rocket Launcher:







I took inspiration from the deleted G4H-DuSH. I also gave it CEA sounds, and guys, it came out very well!

I have also an important announcement: I have decided to not release my tags anymore, because I'm going to do a lot of things, and I prefer including them in a campaign mod (like Ifaudafi did with his particles), so everyone who needs them can rip them easily. Before making it, though, I still have a lot to do...

TO DO list:

-Assault Rifle
-Magnum
-SMG
-Sniper Rifle
-Shotgun
-Spartan Laser
-Rocket Launcher (Finished)
-Battle Rifle
-Flamethrower
-Plasma Rifle
-Brute Plasma Rifle (with a different model)
-Plasma Pistol
-Brute Shot
-Spiker (Finished)
-Mauler
-Needler
-Carbine (Finished)
-Energy Sword (Finished)
-Beam Rifle
-Fuel Rod Gun
-Gravity Hammer
-Sentinel Gun

I have also planned to make these things:

http://images.wikia.com/halo/de/images/archive/9/9b/20100430185530!Grunt_left.jpg

http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/anniversary2_masterchief_COMP.jpg

It's a long road, but I'm not worried about it.
Which weapon should I revamp from the list above now?


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jun 21, 2013 06:33 PM    Msg. 149 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I'm sorry, man, but... I don't understand what you mean...

Sorry for the long silence here, guys, unluckily I'm in the middle of the exams =[
I have just finished the Rocket Launcher:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/977mmf.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/awz0o5.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/353clyp.jpg

I took inspiration from the deleted G4H-DuSH. I also gave it CEA sounds, and guys, it came out very well!

I have also an important announcement: I have decided to not release my tags anymore, because I'm going to do a lot of things, and I prefer including them in a campaign mod (like Ifaudafi did with his particles), so everyone who needs them can rip them easily. Before making it, though, I still have a lot to do...

TO DO list:

-Assault Rifle
-Magnum
-SMG
-Sniper Rifle
-Shotgun
-Spartan Laser
-Rocket Launcher (Finished)
-Battle Rifle
-Flamethrower
-Plasma Rifle
-Brute Plasma Rifle (with a different model)
-Plasma Pistol
-Brute Shot
-Spiker (Finished)
-Mauler
-Needler
-Carbine (Finished)
-Energy Sword (Finished)
-Beam Rifle
-Fuel Rod Gun
-Gravity Hammer
-Sentinel Gun

I have also planned to make these things:

http://images.wikia.com/halo/de/images/archive/9/9b/20100430185530!Grunt_left.jpg

http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/anniversary2_masterchief_COMP.jpg

It's a long road, but I'm not worried about it.
Which weapon should I revamp from the list above now?

I don't understand why some of the parts are so "sharp". They look jagged and they seem quite dangerous for the user (like that one piece that may or may not be a back rest)
Edited by Dumb AI on Jun 21, 2013 at 06:34 PM


greg079
Joined: Apr 1, 2013

channeling my inner april fool


Posted: Jun 21, 2013 08:03 PM    Msg. 150 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
do you ever step back, say "god that looks bad" ... ? it isn't hard.

i'm sorry but i think for the new weapon series you're getting into master noob is right on the mark. in my opinion i think the main problems with your models are
1 lack of smoothed edges (seriously, i mean it)
2 need for better normal maps... that have smoothed edges (not even joking)
3 take into account that metal reflects light, and work on your reflections.
4 CE's engine doesn't allow for quality reflections (see, it isn't all your fault)
5 most of the detail seems to be in your textures, try and get some of the detail into your model and normals.

i'm not saying these things to be mean or rude, i want to help you so you can produce better quality work because you seem to be very creative and passionate. if anything i said offended you, then i apologize, and i wasn't trying to be hurtful. thanks for sharing your work, and i hope you can improve to do even better.

just realized your probably not using the sauce, forget what i said about the normals then.
Edited by greg079 on Jun 21, 2013 at 08:03 PM


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 09:28 AM    Msg. 151 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
do you ever step back, say "god that looks bad" ... ? it isn't hard.

i'm sorry but i think for the new weapon series you're getting into master noob is right on the mark. in my opinion i think the main problems with your models are
1 lack of smoothed edges (seriously, i mean it)
2 need for better normal maps... that have smoothed edges (not even joking)
3 take into account that metal reflects light, and work on your reflections.
4 CE's engine doesn't allow for quality reflections (see, it isn't all your fault)
5 most of the detail seems to be in your textures, try and get some of the detail into your model and normals.

i'm not saying these things to be mean or rude, i want to help you so you can produce better quality work because you seem to be very creative and passionate. if anything i said offended you, then i apologize, and i wasn't trying to be hurtful. thanks for sharing your work, and i hope you can improve to do even better.

just realized your probably not using the sauce, forget what i said about the normals then.
Edited by greg079 on Jun 21, 2013 at 08:03 PM


Don't worry, you didn't offend me, I prefer a constructive criticism instead of the silence.

Well... yes, I don't use OS. But the other problems are my fault:

1) I usually use smoothed edges, perhaps it's not enough, and I have to weld the vertices. This may be referred to the sharped parts that Dumb AI was talking about (just to be sure that we are talking about the same thing, is this what you mean? http://oi43.tinypic.com/2qu50kp.jpg), but honestly... that was intentional, I wanted to give it an innovative shape, but I forgot that the weapon must be, first of all, functional to the user, and I can imagine the poor guy that uses the Rocket Launcher with the back stabbed by that piece of the weapon :(

3) This was a bad choice too, I intentionally toned back the reflection map, because it didn't fit well IMO, but I guess it is almost invisible now. I'll try to make it as good as possible.

4) Ehmm... yep, the problem above is a consequence...

5) Since I don't use OS, I admit that I made a massive use of fake bump mapping, but it seems that I should have avoided to make the bolts part of the texture. That's pretty easy to fix, though

Thanks for your suggestions, though, I'm still learning the best skills, so don't hesitate to make me notice what is wrong. I'll try my best to make the Rocket Launcher better, and I'll keep the suggestions for the next weapons


greg079
Joined: Apr 1, 2013

channeling my inner april fool


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 10:41 AM    Msg. 152 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
...I usually use smoothed edges, perhaps it's not enough, and I have to weld the vertices. This may be referred to the sharped parts that Dumb AI was talking about (just to be sure that we are talking about the same thing, is this what you mean? http://oi43.tinypic.com/2qu50kp.jpg)

well, in all honesty, if we were using a more up to date engine, i'd say the whole thing needed to be smoothed out. however, since most people don't like to push the poly-count on this engine i can't complain much. i'm glad that u weren't offended and that i could help. (maybe if i sit down and draw some custom content sometime i could give u the concept. i'm still kinda new to modeling... but i know what i'm looking at.)


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 11:49 AM    Msg. 153 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
do you ever step back, say "god that looks bad" ... ? it isn't hard.

-constructive criticism-
Edited by greg079 on Jun 21, 2013 at 08:03 PM

-line 1 and 2-
1) I usually use smoothed edges, perhaps it's not enough, and I have to weld the vertices. This may be referred to the sharped parts that Dumb AI was talking about (just to be sure that we are talking about the same thing, is this what you mean? http://oi43.tinypic.com/2qu50kp.jpg), but honestly... that was intentional, I wanted to give it an innovative shape, but I forgot that the weapon must be, first of all, functional to the user, and I can imagine the poor guy that uses the Rocket Launcher with the back stabbed by that piece of the weapon :(
-line 3-10-

You could make it rounder, to make it seem a bit more comfortable. Or add padding of some sort.


master noob
Joined: Aug 10, 2012

343Industries Advocate


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 12:16 PM    Msg. 154 of 983       
you should also redo the UVs and/or just retexture it with something more suitable/unique to the weapon, seeing that the textures you currently have are just insets, symbols, and noise.

you can also download the H4 thing I did a while back, it comes with a neat method for baking ambient occlusion as well as normal mapping into the diffuse for ease-of-use. you can also turn around and use the same method for the specular as well.


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 03:54 PM    Msg. 155 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I have just finished the Rocket Launcher:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/977mmf.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/awz0o5.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/353clyp.jpg

I took inspiration from the deleted G4H-DuSH. I also gave it CEA sounds, and guys, it came out very well!

I have also an important announcement: I have decided to not release my tags anymore, because I'm going to do a lot of things, and I prefer including them in a campaign mod (like Ifaudafi did with his particles), so everyone who needs them can rip them easily. Before making it, though, I still have a lot to do...

TO DO list:
-Assault Rifle
-Magnum
-SMG
-Sniper Rifle
-Shotgun
-Spartan Laser
-Rocket Launcher (Finished)
-Battle Rifle
-Flamethrower
-Plasma Rifle
-Brute Plasma Rifle (with a different model)
-Plasma Pistol
-Brute Shot
-Spiker (Finished)
-Mauler
-Needler
-Carbine (Finished)
-Energy Sword (Finished)
-Beam Rifle
-Fuel Rod Gun
-Gravity Hammer
-Sentinel Gun

I have also planned to make these things:

http://images.wikia.com/halo/de/images/archive/9/9b/20100430185530!Grunt_left.jpg

http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/anniversary2_masterchief_COMP.jpg

It's a long road, but I'm not worried about it.
Which weapon should I revamp from the list above now?

Since the rocket launcher is now single-barrel, I don't think you'd need the large cylinders that house the mechanism that rotates the barrels. You could trim it down to an RPG-esque weapon, I believe.

Suggestions for future weapons:
-Assault Rifle with mag-fed grenade launcher in place of flashlight (Pre-Xbox Halo)
-Magnum (M6G) without scope or laser module, Halo 2-style. Extended magazine.
-SMG with stock fully collapsed and foregrip folded
-Sniper Rifle modified into laser designator
-Shotgun: Shortened variant ("sawn-off")
-Battle Rifle with scope removed and/or replaced by red dot from M7/s SMG
-Flamethrower modified to resemble the Halo 3 or Halo Wars variant
-Plasma Rifle modified to resemble pre-Xbox Halo Covenant sniper rifle
-Beam Rifle lengthened to resemble pre-release Halo 2 Beam Rifle


OrangeJuice
Joined: Jan 29, 2009

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 04:20 PM    Msg. 156 of 983       


Past Weapons maybe?


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 05:57 PM    Msg. 157 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
http://halo.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo/Gallery/Concept/sketch_069.jpg

Past Weapons maybe?

2 barrels and 2 separate magazines...

That might be a bit hard to tag.


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 06:40 PM    Msg. 158 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
http://halo.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo/Gallery/Concept/sketch_069.jpg

Past Weapons maybe?

2 barrels and 2 separate magazines...

That might be a bit hard to tag.

The second barrel and magazine are for the underbarrel grenade launcher, I believe.


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jun 22, 2013 11:46 PM    Msg. 159 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
http://halo.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo/Gallery/Concept/sketch_069.jpg

Past Weapons maybe?

2 barrels and 2 separate magazines...

That might be a bit hard to tag.

The second barrel and magazine are for the underbarrel grenade launcher, I believe.

That complicates things even further.


Ranger Silver 6
Joined: May 6, 2013

are you sure you're serious?


Posted: Jun 23, 2013 02:38 AM    Msg. 160 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
http://halo.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo/Gallery/Concept/sketch_069.jpg

Past Weapons maybe?

2 barrels and 2 separate magazines...

That might be a bit hard to tag.

The second barrel and magazine are for the underbarrel grenade launcher, I believe.

That complicates things even further.

complicated, but still doable


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: Jun 23, 2013 01:43 PM    Msg. 161 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Since the rocket launcher is now single-barrel, I don't think you'd need the large cylinders that house the mechanism that rotates the barrels. You could trim it down to an RPG-esque weapon, I believe.

Suggestions for future weapons:
-Assault Rifle with mag-fed grenade launcher in place of flashlight (Pre-Xbox Halo)
-Magnum (M6G) without scope or laser module, Halo 2-style. Extended magazine.
-SMG with stock fully collapsed and foregrip folded
-Sniper Rifle modified into laser designator
-Shotgun: Shortened variant ("sawn-off")
-Battle Rifle with scope removed and/or replaced by red dot from M7/s SMG
-Flamethrower modified to resemble the Halo 3 or Halo Wars variant
-Plasma Rifle modified to resemble pre-Xbox Halo Covenant sniper rifle
-Beam Rifle lengthened to resemble pre-release Halo 2 Beam Rifle


They're all great ideas, Echo77! Once I have finished the Rocket Launcher I'll start directly from the Assault Rifle.

About the RL, that large part has been a problem to me, because I thought to keep it since it contains the rockets. I didn't want to make the RL with just one rocket per magazine, it would have been uncomfortable for the player (like this: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/dydfehQBaGE/mqdefault.jpg)... But it seems that I need to get a better idea
Edited by SOI_7 on Jun 23, 2013 at 02:37 PM


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Jun 23, 2013 05:43 PM    Msg. 162 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Since the rocket launcher is now single-barrel, I don't think you'd need the large cylinders that house the mechanism that rotates the barrels. You could trim it down to an RPG-esque weapon, I believe.

Suggestions for future weapons:
-Assault Rifle with mag-fed grenade launcher in place of flashlight (Pre-Xbox Halo)
-Magnum (M6G) without scope or laser module, Halo 2-style. Extended magazine.
-SMG with stock fully collapsed and foregrip folded
-Sniper Rifle modified into laser designator
-Shotgun: Shortened variant ("sawn-off")
-Battle Rifle with scope removed and/or replaced by red dot from M7/s SMG
-Flamethrower modified to resemble the Halo 3 or Halo Wars variant
-Plasma Rifle modified to resemble pre-Xbox Halo Covenant sniper rifle
-Beam Rifle lengthened to resemble pre-release Halo 2 Beam Rifle


They're all great ideas, Echo77! Once I have finished the Rocket Launcher I'll start directly from the Assault Rifle.

About the RL, that large part has been a problem to me, because I thought to keep it since it contains the rockets. I didn't want to make the RL with just one rocket per magazine, it would have been uncomfortable for the player (like this: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/dydfehQBaGE/mqdefault.jpg)... But it seems that I need to get a better idea

Well a launcher with one shot per magazine would be a lot lighter, and it'd be something different in a game where two-shot launchers are the standard.


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: Jun 24, 2013 02:02 PM    Msg. 163 of 983       
Ok, I worked on the RL and I got this:







Yeah, it has still some texture issues. I'm trying to fix them.

I have enlarged the diameter of the barrels and stretched the diameter of the central tube. Then I've rounded the back rest and added a pad to both it and the handle, that now looks more comfortable for the user. I have also added a sort of grill to block the tube on the left, but if you don't like it I can always remove it. Added also more details and better textures.

But the most important edit is the functionality of the weapon. I have decided to keep the rotating tube, even if it doesn't contain two rockets anymore, because now the rocket launcher has two different firing modes:
Xtralaos suggested me to make the RL fire a regular rocket with a simple pressure of the trigger, while, if you keep pressed the firing button, the tube will start rotating and, when you release the trigger, it fires a faster rocket, useful for moving targets. Moreover, the RL now has just a single rocket per magazine, in order to balance it.

Any impressions?

P.S. Dennis has been quick this time...

Edit: Finished

Edited by SOI_7 on Jun 24, 2013 at 04:18 PM


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jun 24, 2013 05:22 PM    Msg. 164 of 983       
Looks pretty good. The bottom piece on the grip (with the trigger) is kind of weird.


Stevedoggen
Joined: Jan 14, 2013

#Byf4Lyf


Posted: Jun 24, 2013 11:39 PM    Msg. 165 of 983       
That looks awesome. Keep it up ay, you haz skillz


renegade343
Joined: Jun 26, 2012

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer


Posted: Jun 24, 2013 11:49 PM    Msg. 166 of 983       
Sounds great!

Personally, it'd help a lot if the faster anti-vehicle rocket SLIGHTLY traced the target...
(like slight enough to make course corrections, but not stalk the target to its doom 100% of the time)


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jun 25, 2013 12:21 AM    Msg. 167 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
Sounds great!

Personally, it'd help a lot if the faster anti-vehicle rocket SLIGHTLY traced the target...
(like slight enough to make course corrections, but not stalk the target to its doom 100% of the time)

I wish there was way for it to track vehicles only.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jun 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM


renegade343
Joined: Jun 26, 2012

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer


Posted: Jun 25, 2013 01:18 AM    Msg. 168 of 983       
And a way to deploy flares (distractions for homing rockets), while we're at it :3


SAS
Joined: Feb 26, 2013

I comment every once in a while


Posted: Jun 25, 2013 11:10 AM    Msg. 169 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Looks pretty good. The bottom piece on the grip (with the trigger) is kind of weird.

That was my initial thought. But then I tried seeing what actually holding it would be like (like, I literally held up my arms and pretended to hold it) and I now see the practicallity (is that a word?) in the grip being tilted forward. Since it is sitting on your shoulder, a grip that was tilted back would cause you to have to move your arm in a rather uncomfortable position. A grip pointed straight down is slightly better, but still somewhat uncomfortable. the forward tilted grip actually seems to be the natural position your hand would take when lifting something heavy.


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jun 25, 2013 02:44 PM    Msg. 170 of 983       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Looks pretty good. The bottom piece on the grip (with the trigger) is kind of weird.

That was my initial thought. But then I tried seeing what actually holding it would be like (like, I literally held up my arms and pretended to hold it) and I now see the practicallity (is that a word?) in the grip being tilted forward. Since it is sitting on your shoulder, a grip that was tilted back would cause you to have to move your arm in a rather uncomfortable position. A grip pointed straight down is slightly better, but still somewhat uncomfortable. the forward tilted grip actually seems to be the natural position your hand would take when lifting something heavy.

That's not what I was referring to.


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: Jun 28, 2013 12:49 PM    Msg. 171 of 983       
I'm sorry, guys, but during these days I won't be able to work on the weapons and post any update, since I'm about to finish the exams.
I'll start working again next saturday, but meanwhile (since I didn't want to leave you without any update), I did a little video of the RL in action. Enjoy its new functions and the new sounds:
http://videobam.com/umIsA


Xtralaos
Joined: Jun 1, 2013

"I AM THE GREATEST!"


Posted: Jun 28, 2013 04:43 PM    Msg. 172 of 983       
You should make it rotate a lil' bit faster.


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!


Posted: Jul 8, 2013 09:52 AM    Msg. 173 of 983       
Hi guys, I have returned!

During these days I have worked on the Assault Rifle. My intention was to recreate a mix of the pre-Xbox Assault Rifle (Reference picture: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2443/picuy2.png) with, of course, more details and a modern design. Moreover, like Echo77 suggested, I have added a grenade launcher trigger under the barrel, like the BRG made by CMT. This is what I got:



HOW IT IS COMPOSED:
This Assault Rifle has a H3-like design, slightly altered to have a more original shape. I have also added more details, without changing the original shape too much. The display is based on the H4 design, and, taking inspiration from the pre-Xbox Assault Rifle, the weapon has some brownish parts, but I tried to desaturate them in order to not make them look out of place. The weapon has a custom firing effect, and uses H4 sounds (absolutely better than the H3 firing sound). The flares are only visible in third person, I took inspiration from the action series "H4: Forward Unto Dawn".

HOW IT WORKS:
The rate of fire is the same of H3, but the weapon now has a secondary trigger (the grenade launcher) that replaces grenades. However, it uses the HR Grenade Launcher bullet (thanks to Zteam), instead of the CMT one, because I loved that weapon and I wanted to bring it back without adding more weapons.



And finally I have made also a little fix for the CMT Brute Chieftain. It wasn't able to use the Gravity Hammer, so I tried my best to make it work just like in H3:

The weapon is holded with two hands, and the Brute always charges at enemies. I used the Zealot Elite method to make the Chieftain use the leap-melee animation and the gravity hammer damage_effect as melee damage. It works pretty well, the only problem is that with this method we can't see the shockwave effect:


What do you think about the Assault Rifle?


altis94
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD


Posted: Jul 8, 2013 10:13 AM    Msg. 174 of 983       
I like the design but textures could be higher quality..


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jul 8, 2013 11:40 AM    Msg. 175 of 983       
The color scheme seems a bit odd. The ammo counter portion is a lot darker than every other part on the rifle. Less contrast, maybe?

There seems to be quite a bit of brown on the weapon, concentrated mostly near the grip and the stock. You could probably add a larger variety of browns and greys.

The design itself is interesting. The barrel looks weird, though. The shape does not look right. (See side view pic)
The barrel on the grenade launcher could be a bit smaller as well.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM

 
Page 5 of 29 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 29 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Sun October 20, 2019 6:50 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website