A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Glass in a BSP... And goats.

Author Topic: Glass in a BSP... And goats. (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 06:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Hi, howdy, hello!

I have a few projects I am working on but have hit a stump in ALL of them. I want to add glass to them, not breakable glass. I want to add glass so you can see through a piece of floor and also walk on it. Like the hexagonal floor pieces in the centre of Haven, from halo 4. (Just an example, I never said I was working on it...)

How would I go about modeling this?

I have an extrusion and then deleted and re-faced the other side, welded and its just a hole now.

Soo.... Yerr... The only way I can think of involves overlapping edges, which can be bad. :/

Any ideas?

EDIT - Just by the way... I already know how to texture this with ye ol' "glass#"

EDIT2d2 - I also googled! I found some threads but it was all just the shaders. :/

Edited by hobbet360 on Mar 16, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Edited by hobbet360 on Mar 16, 2013 at 06:16 PM

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 06:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
just have it so that the collision geometry doesn't have holes, and the model itself does (at least that's what you do for vehicles)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 06:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
pretty sure its glass%# if my memory serves me correct.

lets take a look!

http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/

Take a look there under material overview and you will see that 'glass#%' would be correct.

% - two sided.
# - transparent.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 09:44 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
just make a plane and add your texture and as you know # goes at the end of the name.
make a shader_transparent_chicago. (number 4 when tool asks for a shader).
i have never needed the % for 2 sided, as the shader has a setting for that anyway.
the same shader and # is added when you want the lights from a texture to show up, and hides the black.
Edited by ally on Mar 16, 2013 at 09:45 PM

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 01:51 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
basically outline your glass area in the actual mesh, then make the polygon outline an invisible collidable material (I think the symbol for this is @, not sure, check the official HEK documentation), then duplicate that plane by shift dragging it. Drag it just a little bit lower/higher and make this plane a noncollidable material (I think the symbol for this is !, again, not sure) So in the material editor, your invisible collision material could be named basically anything, "collision@" would work. Then the actual glass plane should be like "YOURGLASSSHADER!"

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 04:03 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Thanks everybody for your donations of information that will help my cause.

I got it working now and it looks as shiny as glass!

- Thanks!@%#- <---- That is an odd shader. (Shader_odd_chicago)

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Mar 18, 2013 06:44 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
That's odd, I've never used the method above. I usually extrude the face toward the other side of the wall ( since usually a window is like, two glasses) and then delete the inside faces, re attach every thing but detach the "square windows faces" and name that glass%

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 20, 2019 1:23 AM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website