A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Pax East Halo 4 Panel Forge Island April 11 Free XBL

Author Topic: Pax East Halo 4 Panel Forge Island April 11 Free XBL (35 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 02:30 AM    Msg. 1 of 35       
WELL APPERENTLY THE RUMER IS TRUE!

Proper use of caps!

343 showing off Forge Island there new Forge World map. Check it out and download it for free on April 11, 2013.

http://youtu.be/UllVowFc56w
Edited by jackrabbit on Mar 23, 2013 at 02:34 AM

New001

Default Profile

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 03:24 AM    Msg. 2 of 35       
what???

jackrabbit

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 04:19 AM    Msg. 3 of 35       
lost precision controls, crapy monochrome textureing, flat train I don't get it ? all three islands look the same. thank god this is almost the end of halo 4's flop I hope 343i learns from there mistakes. im personaly more interested in daybreak than forge islands. I sware thay need to stop inproving the perfect and work in other stuff. nothing was wrong in reach, thay need to add stuff like custom textures custom object creation and ai in forge and make options for custom sp maps. 343 lacks bungie talent there's no way around it. Forge world meah

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 04:59 AM    Msg. 4 of 35       
No wonder it's free, they could have whipped that up in 5 minutes with the SDK.
Has probably been posted before but I'll do it again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMaKVDEBqoY
Edited by Kozakuu on Mar 23, 2013 at 05:01 AM

New001

Default Profile

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 05:24 AM    Msg. 5 of 35       
Happy April Fools?

abkarch

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 09:38 AM    Msg. 6 of 35       
I didnt want a giant flat island. I wanted a legitamate forge world. That didnt have kill zones in stupid places, like the other forge maps.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 10:20 AM    Msg. 7 of 35       
I dont want to end like these people in the video.

AllySuzumiya

"Kotae wa itsumo watashi no mune ni.."

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 12:00 PM    Msg. 8 of 35       
Hmm.. I feel like i've seen this post before..

They're also adding nerfs to the gauss hog and cloaking, bringing back the X's on your HUD and adding more customization to weapons (not sure if forge or not)
Let's wait until someone makes a comment after me saying the same thing, shall we?

jackrabbit

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 01:03 PM    Msg. 9 of 35       
@AllySuzumiya the video you posted proved nothing.

This video however shows forge islands and announces details.

also
Halo 4: Castle Map Pack - "Outcast" Walkthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvQJ7bsZtk
Edited by jackrabbit on Mar 23, 2013 at 01:27 PM

AllySuzumiya

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 02:44 PM    Msg. 10 of 35       
1. The video wasn't out when I had posted it but the video source that I had posted was at PAX East 2013 and was a trusted source (As one of the main people dishing out stunning forge peicings, you'd expect him to cover something that's forge-related) and not to mention the live screenshot of the gameplay. Photographic evidence is still evidence.
2. Had I not told anyone to look out for this, you wouldn't have known, most likely.
3. Technically, this can be considered a duplicated post as I've already made a post for this and you didn't need to waste an entire post just to stay this. You could've commented on mine.
and 4. You were the main one trying to tell me that it was "fake" and that you were not believing it for a second and yet you're the first person to post one with the evidence. You clearly believed my post enough to go out and search for another video of it.

jackrabbit

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 10:14 PM    Msg. 11 of 35       
your making a big deal out of nothing no one cares!

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 05:45 PM    Msg. 12 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
lost precision controls, crapy monochrome textureing, flat train I don't get it ? all three islands look the same. thank god this is almost the end of halo 4's flop I hope 343i learns from there mistakes. im personaly more interested in daybreak than forge islands. I sware thay need to stop inproving the perfect and work in other stuff. nothing was wrong in reach, thay need to add stuff like custom textures custom object creation and ai in forge and make options for custom sp maps. 343 lacks bungie talent there's no way around it. Forge world meah

Not possible with the current AI's pathfinding system. They would need a new engine for that. If they did it now, the AI would get stuck on any player created item they walked into, because they wouldn't recognize it as being there since it's neither part of the BSP nor a main part of the map's basic scenery. Bungie talked about that when Reach came out and people asked for it.
Edited by Karrde on Mar 26, 2013 at 05:46 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 08:41 PM    Msg. 13 of 35       
Haven't seen you post in a very long time.

Halo 4 already lost its pizazz for me, but I always find myself playing Reach.

jackrabbit

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 08:57 PM    Msg. 14 of 35       
i never sayed it was possible in halo 4 i was saying thay need to make it right!
and make it possible!
Edited by jackrabbit on Mar 26, 2013 at 08:58 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 09:01 PM    Msg. 15 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde

Not possible with the current AI's pathfinding system. They would need a new engine for that. If they did it now, the AI would get stuck on any player created item they walked into, because they wouldn't recognize it as being there since it's neither part of the BSP nor a main part of the map's basic scenery. Bungie talked about that when Reach came out and people asked for it.

I'm pretty sure they can just modify the current engine instead.
Might take a while and it may not ever work properly but they can do it.

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 12:58 AM    Msg. 16 of 35       
Halo 5. AI forge. DEWITT 343!!!

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 02:50 AM    Msg. 17 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
I didnt want a giant flat island. I wanted a legitamate forge world. That didnt have kill zones in stupid places, like the other forge maps.

for gods sakes its free just be happy there not charging for it and yes iit dosn't look that good but the main idea is for people to make there own maps on it not even using the islands

jackrabbit

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 02:59 AM    Msg. 18 of 35       
thay alredy charged you for it when you buy the game :\

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 03:00 AM    Msg. 19 of 35       
thay alredy charged you for it when you buy the game :\

I doubt that, since downloading it is an option.

jackrabbit

Posted: Mar 29, 2013 01:00 PM    Msg. 20 of 35       

The_Arbiter

I feel like having scotch

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 09:12 PM    Msg. 21 of 35       
It's already out, Doesn't look that bad.

abkarch

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 09:39 PM    Msg. 22 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch

for gods sakes its free just be happy there not charging for it and yes iit dosn't look that good but the main idea is for people to make there own maps on it not even using the islands

It better be free, im not about to pay for something that should have come with the game.
PS. It was easier to "make my own maps" with forgeworld.

jackrabbit

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 10:31 PM    Msg. 23 of 35       
I think this is the first main strem halo content in history that I didnt go get right away infact i still dont want to turn my xbox360 on to download it. I would rather be on halo ce.
also dont feal like paying for xbl. when i can just use my pc wich has way better gfx and better navigation for surfing the net and learning new thangs.

learning new forge technecs was cool in reach but with this game haveing no prisition controls and the same blocks and hardly any new forge items thares not realy anythangt new to learn. infact i think i could make the same maps in reach better with better texturing on the forge peaces and blocks that actuly line up.

http://youtu.be/KMaKVDEBqoY
Edited by jackrabbit on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 11:33 AM    Msg. 24 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde

I'm pretty sure they can just modify the current engine instead.
Might take a while and it may not ever work properly but they can do it.
Unless an item on the map is part of the BSP or a scenery item that is always there (like a Covenant weapon crate in campaign or something) the AI will walk into it or get stuck on it, because they won't recognize it as being there. They'd need a new AI system coupled with a modified engine to make it work. Firefight and Spartan Ops also run on the campaign network (which requires both more bandwith and more processing power) rather than the multiplayer network, so even if they did make it work, it would put a lot of stress on the game. I don't honestly think the 360 would handle it very well. We might see it in a future game, since Halo 4 was likely the last game in the series on the 360, but it will never be in Halo 4.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 01:10 PM    Msg. 25 of 35       
I guess one could still add AI in Forge that are only usable on the default item layout.

AllySuzumiya

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 03:03 PM    Msg. 26 of 35       
You can actually do alot with the new Forge Islands map. It has insanely-large boundaries and allows you to forge on water, over 100 new additions to the forge pallet (TREEESSS :D) and just looks plain beautiful. If you want to see one of my creations, check out "Opulent" by Fourse7enNiner. It's a good example of the beautiful new things you could build in it.

jackrabbit

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 02:31 AM    Msg. 27 of 35       
trees and rocks yay what no mammoths?
show some pics?
Edited by jackrabbit on Apr 1, 2013 at 03:06 AM

AllySuzumiya

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 10:41 AM    Msg. 28 of 35       
You could get your lazy censored onto Halo 4 and see for yourself. Also, if anyone would like to build a map, I'm always open for assistance.

jackrabbit

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 11:03 AM    Msg. 29 of 35       
That is if you want it pay for xboxlive and not live with 5 other people hogging the internet!

BTW I did it was dumb.
daybreak was alright but I'm over it.

And over 100 new additions to forge pallet now that's a lie!

I found 2 trees and 3 rocks.

Edited by jackrabbit on Apr 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 12:50 AM    Msg. 30 of 35       
Uh, hello?
6 rocks, idiot.
Jeez!
JK, SRSLY The map is great. SOOOOOO BIG!

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 01:14 AM    Msg. 31 of 35       

green screen, plus some UNSC alternate pieces.

AllySuzumiya

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 09:45 AM    Msg. 32 of 35       

That is if you want it pay for xboxlive and not live with 5 other people hogging the internet!

BTW I did it was dumb.
daybreak was alright but I'm over it.

I found 2 trees and 3 rocks.

Edited by jackrabbit on Apr 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

There's plenty more if you had the common sense to look for it.

jackrabbit

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 03:19 PM    Msg. 33 of 35       
Why do you keep insulting me for no reason? I spawned every object there is not plenty more. The textures and draw distance and console frame rate suck compared to my gaming desktop computer. You call me lazy and tell me I have no common sense. Do I need to remind you It's a video game? You don't know me! I am much more capable than you know. And I have nothing to prove to you. I started this thread to let people know about forge island and you try and start some flame war. I really don't care about forge island I was just spreading the news
I think your pretty rude and not to bright to be acting like a jerk in an online public forum.
calling people names for no other reason other than you have noting better to do? You lie there is not over 100 new additions to forge pallet period.
Get a life. with your COD remakes I hate COD! and people with OCD that's why I play Halo if I wanted to play COD I would play COD. Piss off little girl. Go play forge island or whatever you want. And quit bumping this topic for no good reason.
common sense tells me talk is cheap baby's do it!

AllySuzumiya

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 05:36 PM    Msg. 34 of 35       
Why do you keep insulting me for no reason? I spawned every object there is not plenty more. The textures and draw distance and console frame rate suck compared to my gaming desktop computer. You call me lazy and tell me I have no common sense. Do I need to remind you It's a video game? You don't know me! I am much more capable than you know. And I have nothing to prove to you. I started this thread to let people know about forge island and you try and start some flame war. I really don't care about forge island I was just spreading the news
I think your pretty rude and not to bright to be acting like a jerk in an online public forum.
calling people names for no other reason other than you have noting better to do? You lie there is not over 100 new additions to forge pallet period.
Get a life. with your COD remakes I hate COD! and people with OCD that's why I play Halo if I wanted to play COD I would play COD. Piss off little girl. Go play forge island or whatever you want. And quit bumping this topic for no good reason.
common sense tells me talk is cheap baby's do it!

Sorry, hun. You and I both know the answer to that one. I've said plenty of times on plenty of threads that it's rude to dismiss the work of others. Whether you like Halo 4 or not, you don't need to use every thread related to Halo 4 to soap-box your hatred of the game. Also, if you hated the game, you shouldn't have broad-casted this in the first place. If you think it's rude for me to correct you, let me say that it's rude for you to write my correction off as "acting like a jerk." Also, there ARE 100 new forge objects. Asides from about 30 new notable items, the forge pallets contain re-textured items. Even the older rocks have re-textures. And another thing; your gripe with forge island is the reason why I said you were devoid of common sense. 343i gave us everything needed for a Halo game. We had a campaign that lasted about 8 hours, and a multiplayer to occupy the other hours. They didn't have to continue on. They revamped forge with not only one but three new forge maps and even still, they didn't stop. On top of that, they provided us with a feature-length mini-series called "Forward Unto Dawn" AND gave us a completely seperate Halo experince (Spartan Ops) for free. They still didn't stop. After receiving complaints about the forge boundaries, they created and released a fourth forge map, larger than the other three.. For FREE. They still didn't stop. Now, they're working on a new stats system, nerfs for OP weaponry AND catering to the community with new gametypes. They're trying to please their fans. You writing off work that could, otherwise, be deemed unnecessary (as they've already made their initial sales) is just plain messed up. Also, I didn't insult any of your maps or creations. Why did you go out your way to insult a project that I've yet to finish? If anyone's being a "jerk" in this situation, it's you. I'm not sure what you've contributed to HCE and I'm sure it's noteworthy, but laziness carries on into your character. You could be a billionaire philanthropist that donates to all sorts of charities, but you could still be considered "lazy" if you don't take time out of your day to raise your children. In the same sense, you could be the greatest map maker in Halo CE or possibly even the Halo series, period. However, if you see criticizing other's work as a passtime, that's lazy on your part. I'll agree to stop responding after this post as the terms, I had agreed to when joining this site, explicitly states that I am not to argue/spam.

jackrabbit

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 10:25 PM    Msg. 35 of 35       
bla. bla. bla. bla. bla!
Dud seriously?
argue/spam.
This is the second thread I read today where your going off on a tangent for no reason! calling people names. Wake up bro! smell the coffee! you don't need to explain. halo history to me.
I am not your Hun.
I have been making halo content for the past 10 years and if I don't like halo 4 that's my opinion. I'm entitled!
It's rely not that big of a deal.
but you are the one who stated running your mouth.
You need to learn to keep your mouth shut.

Quote:-- AllySuzumiya I'm not sure what you've contributed to HCE
well not that it makes any difference what I have contributed to HCE
It makes no difference! but.

Was I excited for halo 4 release Yes. Did I beat the game in only one day yes. Did I think it was to easy yes. Was I disappointed yes did I make some forge maps yes did I get excited for forge island yes then I was disappointed. I gave it a shot and I was let down. just like a lot of people and as a long time halo fan probably more so than you.

Your just pissed off that I made a post about Forge island and it went somewhere and your thread died because you posted a stupid video of some guy screening about forge island like a idiot and showing nothing. grow up!

So you want to go on and on and on and say some crap about how you have the last word because your not going to post anymore.

If you care so much about halo 4 than hear is your new home!

http://www.343industries.org/forum/

Now go home!
Edited by jackrabbit on Apr 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 21, 2020 1:20 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website