A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Arsenic: Halo CE to XBOX Conversion Tool

Author Topic: Arsenic: Halo CE to XBOX Conversion Tool (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Blublaze94

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 07:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 18       
This is to let it be know that there is a tool available for those who still have the desire to do Halo Xbox modding and to port their Halo CE maps over to the Xbox version of Halo. This post is to distribute the long lost and almost forgotten conversion tool, Arsenic. I know there are many people out there that still wish to port their maps to the Xbox version of Halo and would love to do multiplayer on their maps over systemlink. Well... me too! Arsenic is a Halo map tool for the Xbox version of Halo that effectively converts maps and tags for use with the Xbox version of Halo, although a bit of common knowledge and tweaking is required here and there.

I am currently working on a project with this tool myself in my spare time. As of posting this my goal is to simply get the program out there and easily accessible to the public for those who wish to use it. There is very little if any documentation out there on how to use this program. If I get enough interest, I may post a guide with what little I know about the tool itself detailing how to perform certain simple tasks.

Why and I posting this? > For anyone who looks around for this program, you'll notice most if not all links are dead, and if you do manage to find a working link, you'll probably find it's of beta version 1. For all who are interested, here is version 2.0.0.9, which, as far as I know, I recently discovered I was the only person with a copy of this version to provide a working link of. I would like for the entire Halo community to know about the availability of this program, although development has ceased for a long time, the program still works well for what it does. There is not much documentation out there or many tutorials for how to use this program, this is yet another thing I hope to change. The more people who have this tool and experiment with it, the more we will know about it and the more we can learn to be able to use it.

Arsenic Version 2.0.0.9 by Luis Caicedo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7m0wo63oh9zihd
Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 2, 2013 at 07:44 PM

abkarch

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 08:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 18       
New account. Mediafire download. No images. No virus scan.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 10:41 PM    Msg. 3 of 18       
NOTE: Like other programs from the xbox-era of Halo Modding, this will require you to have .NET Framework

Blublaze94

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 10:46 PM    Msg. 4 of 18       
Sorry about that... my old account doesn't work anymore. I used to be Blumoon94 on here, but today when I tried logging it, it refused to let me and said an account with that name didn't exist. But if you want credibility I originally posted this on Modacity.net here: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?25085-Arsenic-2.0.0.9

When using Arsenic, you need to have the November 2008 version of the SlimDX runtime, and at least Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed as well. When you first start Arsenic, it will bring up a settings dialog and ask you for your Xbox maps directory and Tags directory as well, along with your Halo CE maps and tags directories also. Copy your Xbox maps into the maps directory and import them via Arsenic, this way you'll have a fresh tagset to work with. Arsenic version 2.0.0.9 can open Halo CE maps directly and has a built in tag editor (be warned though, it can be a bit buggy, so I reccommend copying Guerilla over to your Arsenic directory for use with your tags). If you want to use individual tags you will have to put them into a CE map and convert it first, otherwise it will NOT work correctly.

Screenshot 1: http://i45.tinypic.com/xpopar.jpg
Screenshot 2: http://tinypic.com/r/2up722e/6

You can get the November version of SlimDX here: http://slimdx.org/releases.php

And thanks OrangeJuice for helping me out there. ^-^
Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 10:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 18       
This is sooooo cool. all I remembered was SparcEdit, HHT, Entity, and map signer.

I never knew there was a program for putting CE maps onto xbox halo :) EDIT> EASILY
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Blublaze94

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 11:07 PM    Msg. 6 of 18       
Yea! It's pretty great! I've been working on a project with it for a while now, editing the campaign. I want a Halo 2-styled feel for the original campaign... so far I've been able to get the Halo 2 weapons in-game, and also got some vehicles and things thrown around. Like the CMT pelican, gauss hog, and covenant dropship... really fun to play with. Though sometimes it is a bit tricky to get everything working, and working smoothly also. I'd love for it all to be original and my work, but I just don't have the knowledge I need for all that, but still yet, giving credit where it is due, it's very fun to play with. I could post a video sometime of what I have if you'd like.

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 11:59 AM    Msg. 7 of 18       
LOL, SPV3 T&R (normal .map version) on xbox

Blublaze94

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 06:24 PM    Msg. 8 of 18       
If anybody wants to help me with my project, I would very much appreciate it! I can't do it all alone. I need someone who is really good with HUDs and knows their way around with those types of tags. And also someone who is good with Bipeds. So far the problems I have ran in to on the Xbox is that sometimes certain tags won't be able to get in game for various reasons, for example... the Halo 2 HUD I am trying to use. When I try swap the HUDs for the Halo 2 HUD, I run into the problem of the HUD being transparent in game... so basically... you can't see it at all. Upon further investigation of the tags properties, I noticed that the Halo 2 HUD had high resolution bitmaps and when I compared the original Xbox HUD and the Halo 2-style HUD to each other I noticed several differences. I think it's these little differences that are preventing me from getting many features in game as I would like. This goes for the HUDs, the Bipeds, and a few of the weapons I can't get in game as well. I think they all just need a little tweaking to get them to work properly. If anyone thinks they can help me out just send me a message and I'll send screenshots and try to explain in more detail. Thanks for any help! I'll try to have a video up soon of what I have so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHe7_zFNZD8

This is a video I took a while back. As you can see there are various problems here and there. For example, like I said earlier, the Halo 2 HUD I tried to use there is transparent. The Assault Riffle you see there with the red interface is the MA2D from Extinction I believe, and the dropship is one of CMT's tags.
Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 3, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 3, 2013 at 08:27 PM

Mini0013xx

I aim to entertain

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 03:45 AM    Msg. 9 of 18       
I remember Arsenic! It never worked on my old XP though. And I haven't downloaded it on my Windows 7 either.

Or is this a different Arsenic we're talking about here? I found the one I found at like, halomods.com or .net or something like that. (Not the big forum, smaller site).

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 06:45 AM    Msg. 10 of 18       
cool video. are you remakeing campaign or making new multiplayer maps?

assault rifle needs upgraded.

XboxHavic

-Modder- -Gamer-

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 01:47 PM    Msg. 11 of 18       
Woah, thanks man! I myself had v1.0.1.0, and always wanted v2, I kinda gave up on looking for it a while ago, who knew that I would find it here? :D

Blublaze94

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 09:58 PM    Msg. 12 of 18       
I'm remaking or rather restyling the campaign with a Halo 2 feel. Using Halo 2 weapons, bipeds, vehicles, etc. Along with any extras and things I can throw in to spice up the game play. (plan to throw in a few more heavy weapons like the spartan laser for example)

Oh, and I MIGHT try to do a multiplayer map pack. I really wanted to do a pack of Halo 2 maps and a pack of Halo 3 maps for xbox. I had a working version of Halo 3 Sandtrap somewhere that I worked on a few days, but it's still debatable, because custom maps are so much harder than just revamping pre-made ones.
Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 06:46 PM    Msg. 13 of 18       
I keep getting a
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
on some maps when I try to export as an xbox map. Is there some kind of written tutorial for this? I think I might have broken something.

jackrabbit

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 06:54 PM    Msg. 14 of 18       
Its does not work with all maps.

guessing your map size.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 07:31 PM    Msg. 15 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit

guessing your map size.

Actually I got past that error, now my halo ce xbox is freezing when i try to load the modified map (I'm trying to port infinity)

Captain Rad WWWWWWWWWWWWW

Outof curiosity for how LONG I can stay a member:)

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 02:10 AM    Msg. 16 of 18       
This sound good.

We have the 2276p.xbe for halo,

Maybe they can be used hand-in-hand to make maps for the xbox by debugging the performance and keeping an eye on the budgets?

jackrabbit

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 02:34 AM    Msg. 17 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit

guessing your map size.

Actually I got past that error, now my halo ce xbox is freezing when i try to load the modified map (I'm trying to port infinity)

I'm Sorry but that's not enough Information for me to give you any advice.

However this Might help with your project.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1344

Edited by jackrabbit on Apr 19, 2013 at 02:36 AM

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 07:03 AM    Msg. 18 of 18       
Post pics of SPV3 A50.map

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 25, 2020 5:52 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website