A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Where can I buy a digital copy of CE?

Author Topic: Where can I buy a digital copy of CE? (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

pwner5889

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 02:27 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       
OK, well. I have some spare change lying around. I need to go out and buy a legit copy of CE. Anyone know where I can just go download a legit copy of it? Both PC, and CE.

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 02:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
(that I know of)There was never a download-now version of Halo PC
And for Halo CE, you just need your Halo PC key to install it, it's an addon

pwner5889

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 02:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
(that I know of)There was never a download-now version of Halo PC
And for Halo CE, you just need your Halo PC key to install it, it's an addon

Exactly why I'm trying to buy just the CD key. I don't need the actual CD. I'll only be playing CE either way.

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 03:06 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: pwner5889
OK, well. I have some spare change lying around. I need to go out and buy a legit copy of CE. Anyone know where I can just go download a legit copy of it? Both PC, and CE.

Unfortunately if I understand properly the only legit way to own Halo PC is by buying the full physical version. It seems lame, but it is actually illegal to sell the key without the disk.

I think Dennis has mentioned this before, so he could probably confirm whether or not I am correct about that.

Fortunately Amazon has it in stock for about $17.99:
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Pc/dp/B00009TW6R/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365534041&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+pc

and you can generally find new copies on ebay as well (sometimes cheaper that way), I just wouldn't recommend buying a used copy... make sure to get it new.

I have bought 3 copies over the years, all new boxed copies. And this game is worth every penny. (especially at less than $20 these days)
Edited by Yoda on Apr 9, 2013 at 03:08 PM

pwner5889

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 03:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
eh IDK. Don't want to wait.... lol

pwner5889

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 03:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: DSalimander
Assuming you are an American who doesn't understand how money works-
Take your jar of pennies to a WalMart and buy a Prepaid/Gift Card. Go to Amazon or some other legitimate electronic commerce company; buy Halo. It will arrive in a specified number of days, in the mail (if you have no official address, send it to a close relatives').

If you're not-
Lol IDK. There MIGHT be a way to do something similar wherever you are.

It's not that. I just don't want to waste my time waiting 3 days just to get a CD key. I already have a paypal and what not. Just seeing if anyone here might have an extra copy I can buy from them.

EDIT: NVM already found someone.
Edited by pwner5889 on Apr 9, 2013 at 05:05 PM

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 10:40 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Was it halorank.com? I think they are still selling cd keys.
-Zekilk

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 10:59 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: cyboryxmen
Was it halorank.com? I think they are still selling cd keys.
-Zekilk
Sean Aero is sold out.

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 11:10 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
You can buy just a legit cd key for 10$

klasher1000

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 12:06 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Yes Sean Aero sells them on Halorank but as Dennis has said before

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
As I have said many times there are plenty of grey areas in copyright laws and I don't pretend to be an expert which is why I consulted my company's law firm before opening this website. Ripped models, extracted textures and user created content in general fall into one of the many grey areas of copyright laws such as the "fair use" doctrine and Microsoft's own Game Content Usage Rules, but the one thing that never becomes grey is when profit or money is involved. Re-distribution and sale of product in part or whole is pretty clear cut with plenty of legal precedent the vast majority in favor of the copyright holder. Because I looked into reselling the game through this website I know for a fact that you absolutely MUST sell the media to be compliant with the licensing and selling just the key does in fact violate the copyright laws.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 12:52 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website