A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Even though this game will die soon

Author Topic: Even though this game will die soon (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 11:45 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Can't we just make dedicated servers to play Halo 2 online?

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 05:55 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
People do, as they have for years. Thats not the issue. The issue is that they will take down the server list, without which you cannot see any servers even if they are online. They (Microsoft/G4WL) do not run any servers and have not for years. The server list probably runs on one computer and it is likely it takes very little bandwidth to run.

Yes, they could give us the software to run our own server list but will they? It does not seem very likely. There are rumors that Halo 1-3 are coming to Steam and it (well Halo 3) was mentioned in a recent AMD Catalyst beta driver.

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 04:59 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
^ Saw that, hope it's true!

Twinreaper

Posted: Apr 13, 2013 10:44 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
We're all hoping like hell it is. But I am not so sure. I mean, back when Steam had that halo 3 thing going, Microsoft squashed that right away. I have a feeling the guys over at ATI probably had that listed in there when they were working on driver updates, and probably forgot to remove it.

Just a guess...but since MS hasn't officially responded to the ATI driver find, I can only assume they either are keeping a port under tight wraps until May or the E3 expo in June, or they just don;'t feel like going thru with squashing that find yet again.....

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed July 17, 2019 7:41 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website