A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »turning pc map formats into a mac format

Author Topic: turning pc map formats into a mac format (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

killer1

the toilet cam needs cleaning

Posted: Apr 13, 2013 02:26 PM    Msg. 1 of 15       
Can this be done?
Is there a converter of some sort that can turn pc based os ce maps into a mac based os format that a mac can read or work with?

killer1

Posted: Apr 13, 2013 09:05 PM    Msg. 2 of 15       
I will give that app a try.Thanks for the help.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 08:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: killer1
I will give that app a try.Thanks for the help.

just so you know, I have Custom Edition running native on my mac...

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 09:27 PM    Msg. 4 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: DSalimander
Macs are for fags.

Everyone take note. This guy still uses Windows Vista

killer1

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 10:56 PM    Msg. 5 of 15       
Proble vista with updates.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 11:23 PM    Msg. 6 of 15       
Proble vista with updates.

I don't see any GOOD reason not to update Vista or any other OS.

Sadly, I'm stuck using Vista SP1 because SP2 won't install for some dumb reason.

Edited by Dumb AI on Apr 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM

killer1

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 01:49 AM    Msg. 7 of 15       
Silentjacket--how did you get ce to work with the mac?

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 04:06 PM    Msg. 8 of 15       

He has to go through a bunch of wrappers and windows port compatibility layers that bog down they already slow unoptimized OSX architecture. It would be easier to buy a pc with the same specs and have extra cash because it didn't single-handedly destroy your bank. No offense masters, I know you love macs but what is so great about them? I can understand being fond of the OSX operating system but the hardware itself is very cheaply made and has a relatively short lived Taiwan made capacitors that have the same impending result as their predecessors' Capicator Plague. The prices are also unjustly heightened compared to the individual prices of the parts it consists of; not to mention the way the parts are made in the cheapest way possible.

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 04:48 PM    Msg. 9 of 15       

killer1

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 07:01 PM    Msg. 10 of 15       
I got a pc for playing games and now my old photo shop 5 wont work with a 64 bit cpu.yes I got photo shop 5 for pc,32 bit only.
I got a G5 for maps and buissness work.
All I need now is a linux pc.
---Is there a way to put (hek) on a mac?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 16, 2013 12:02 AM    Msg. 11 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64

He has to go through a bunch of wrappers and windows port compatibility layers that bog down they already slow unoptimized OSX architecture. It would be easier to buy a pc with the same specs and have extra cash because it didn't single-handedly destroy your bank. No offense masters, I know you love macs but what is so great about them? I can understand being fond of the OSX operating system but the hardware itself is very cheaply made and has a relatively short lived Taiwan made capacitors that have the same impending result as their predecessors' Capicator Plague. The prices are also unjustly heightened compared to the individual prices of the parts it consists of; not to mention the way the parts are made in the cheapest way possible.

Well I do love OSX, that's my number one reason for prefering macs. My first OSX machine was a Dell Mini 9 running Leopard actually.

The hardware is actually really nice, and not as cheaply made as you make it out to seem. My Macbook Pro is 4 years old, still running strong and reliably after 3 OS upgrades (although my battery has lost maybe an hour of it's strength). I keep it on pretty much all day, sometimes putting it to sleep for a few hours when I go out. I rarely if ever shut it down. Not that my macbook has had any significant damage, but I've seen some that have survived some pretty crazy damage, lots that have hit concrete and have damaged exteriors but still function fine, one that even has a cracked trackpad that still functions fully.

While generally more expensive, the build quality is rivaled by none. The trackpad (multitouch is awesome) and keyboard are the best I've ever used, and the screens regardless of resolution provide fantastic color and contrast. Battery life is also pretty great, even though mine has degraded I can still get 4-5 hours. They are all also incredibly thinner and lighter than their competitors. In case of the retina MBP, there is no real laptop (google's chromebook doesn't count) that has a screen that even comes close in terms of quality. Also in the retina models, you get a really awesome SSD setup and thunderbolt ports which is twice as fast as USB3. You also won't find a laptop that compares to the RMBP in terms of price either. Same goes for the iMacs. The iMacs now also have the fusion drives which combine SSD and HDD as a single volume, which you won't see on a windows machine due to OSX.

Yeah, there are a lot of ones sold that are high for their price, but the design is superior to the majority of other computers out there, they are historically more reliable (don't take my word for it, theres plenty of reports out there to support it), the OS imo is vastly superior, and after going through hell with dell with previous laptops, the reliability of the hardware is worth the few extra hundred I had to pay for it. Also the customer support is great, even though I've never had to bring it to an apple store, everytime I've had to call Apple support for a problem with some of the other stuff I own, I always get an American on the other end of the phone and not someone in India or Asia. It's a premium product like a BMW, for me the extra cost is worth it.

Corvette19

Posted: Apr 16, 2013 11:02 PM    Msg. 12 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

I second this notion. Especially when it comes to customer support. I have had numerous out of warranty products replaced for free. I also love the OS.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 06:29 PM    Msg. 13 of 15       
I dig the OS, but I can't at my games on it :(

I hate those keyboards, I hate laptop keyboards period, but apple thought it was nice to make laptop style keyboards for their bigger computers. No. I agree with the fact that the apple computers retain their usability for a very long time, they are always speedy and modern. iPods too.

killer1

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 07:52 PM    Msg. 14 of 15       
I hope MAC does not make a os such as WIN8 or a TOUCHY TOUCHY desk top screen.
MS keyboards and mice works good with MAC computers.

SilentJacket

-Did I miss something?-

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 10:50 PM    Msg. 15 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I dig the OS, but I can't at my games on it :(

I hate those keyboards, I hate laptop keyboards period, but apple thought it was nice to make laptop style keyboards for their bigger computers. No. I agree with the fact that the apple computers retain their usability for a very long time, they are always speedy and modern. iPods too.

I beg to differ >:D

http://portingteam.com/nexus/member?author=107468

Edited by SilentJacket on Apr 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 9:44 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website