A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release

Page 7 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · 10 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release (625 messages, Page 7 of 18)
Moderators: Dennis

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Aug 4, 2013 01:58 PM    Msg. 211 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Putte08
We need more people in this thread to cheer on Waffles so he can do a tutorial on how to do this rigging thing.

C'mon Waffles! You can do it! Believe in yourself and do this tutorial for all the helpless citicens of Halomaps!
(I sure as hell would appreciate a tutorial on this)

http://oi41.tinypic.com/1zmids7.jpg

I believe in waffles.

so do i, believe in waffles!!!

Guilty_spark

enjoy my bright, blue, balls!

Posted: Aug 4, 2013 02:09 PM    Msg. 212 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Putte08
We need more people in this thread to cheer on Waffles so he can do a tutorial on how to do this rigging thing.

C'mon Waffles! You can do it! Believe in yourself and do this tutorial for all the helpless citicens of Halomaps!
(I sure as hell would appreciate a tutorial on this)

http://oi41.tinypic.com/1zmids7.jpg

I believe in waffles.

so do i, believe in waffles!!!
I believe in pancakes!

jabberwockxeno

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 01:38 PM    Msg. 213 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88

Hmm... Would it be possible to crack a collision-model? It should be close to the same as extracting model geometry, no?

Edited by goldkilla88 on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

from what I can tell the collision model is just a simi-lod version of the actual model. Could just make it in 3ds with a little bit of time. Not planning on looking into it till more H4 stuff is available.

Btw found the pelican but if I can get the sounds from reach can I get music?

Idk, you could always.. you know.. try extracting it and see what happens...

Quote: --- Original message by: jabberwockxeno

So, anything new the past few months?

Anything previously unextractable or stuff that didn't work that can be used now, etc? Still no BSP extraction I see.

I still can't find those reflection maps, I don't know how I am missing them this whole time.
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

No and No. The project has simi-changed hands for the moment, so there has not been a lot going on while everything is reorganized. And lol, BSP extraction? were you just expecting that to pop up overnight? Things like this take time, time which most people don't have too much of these days.

As for reflection maps, idk man, you must literally not be looking for more than 2 seconds.
Pic

I meant the reflection maps in reach. I can't find more than like 3. The fact that what reflection map goes to what object isn't listed in a given object's properties page (or whatever it's called, haven't uses adjutant in a while) along with all the other maps doesn't help, either.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:06 PM    Msg. 214 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: jabberwockxeno
I meant the reflection maps in reach. I can't find more than like 3. The fact that what reflection map goes to what object isn't listed in a given object's properties page (or whatever it's called, haven't uses adjutant in a while) along with all the other maps doesn't help, either.

most cubemaps are recycled throughout the weapons and such, and due to the new engine's way of handling lighting some assets don't even use cubemaps at all. here's a tip; open as many reach maps as ye can, go through them one by one and extract all bitmaps. then go into the folder you extracted them to and search for these keywords:

env
cube
ref

those are most/all the prefixes used for cubemaps in halo reach. same applies to 3 and 4.

speaking of, I should download the rest of the reach/3/4 maps and compile that cube pack I've been saving.

Stevedoggen

#Byf4Lyf

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 01:12 AM    Msg. 215 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
make halo 3 playable on halo ce or on pc and ill be happy if not f you

The way you've been acting, if anyone DOES decide to do it, the last thing they are gonna do is give it to you...

Stevedoggen

#Byf4Lyf

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 01:28 AM    Msg. 216 of 625       
shut it altheros i waited for 4 to 5 years for halo 3 pc SO JUST SHUT IT!!!

You reckon I'm Altheros? -_-
I wanted Halo 3 for PC, but I knew that by the time it happened, H3 would be borderline redundant to other shooters out there. so what did I do? Bought a friggen Xbox. Problem solved.
How about once you get a grasp of the English language and go out to get a job, you can buy an Xbox and the games yourself with your own money. Or is that asking too much??!
Edited by Stevedoggen on Aug 6, 2013 at 01:35 AM

Stevedoggen

#Byf4Lyf

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 02:18 AM    Msg. 217 of 625       
Enjoy the H3 attempts on this website then, because that is probably the closest you'll get, without a 360.
I'm not being an ass, I'm being realistic here. its too old to port, and if Microsoft doesn't see any money in it, they never will.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 02:32 AM    Msg. 218 of 625       
Halo 3 was spotted in the steam database. It MAY be coming but I wouldn't put your hopes up. Also, in the interest of staying on topic, I recall there being an earlier thread for this

Rosanna Weyland

Up and down, and all around.

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 06:24 AM    Msg. 219 of 625       
*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter

Edited by Dennis on Aug 6, 2013 at 09:16 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 10:27 AM    Msg. 220 of 625       
shut it altheros i waited for 4 to 5 years for halo 3 pc SO JUST SHUT IT!!!

Join the freakin' club. Thousands of people have been waiting. Some of them simply stopped waiting for it come. Maybe you should do that.

ScottishCaptain

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 07:55 PM    Msg. 221 of 625       
Wow, topics on this forum get derailed fast and detonate like a train full of high explosives.

On the subject of Adjutant and the missing heads: Is this occurring because the head mesh contains multiple meshes (eyeballs + head)? I've noticed that a lot of the humanoid bipeds will export eyeballs, but not the head mesh- which makes me think that Adjutant simply isn't parsing or locating the head mesh properly.

I know folks have said that there's a good chance they're stored elsewhere, but that doesn't make much sense. There are literally no references to the heads elsewhere, and the materials are included in each *.map file. Because of the way Blam appears to work, each *.map file should contain *all* the resources that particular level requires. So I can't see why the meshes would be separated from everything else, especially when the textures aren't (we're talking about a couple hundred kilobytes of polygons).

Slightly OT: does anyone know of a tool that will batch extract the contents of the *.map cache files, or decrypt/uncompress it enough that one could sort through the data manually?

-SC

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 09:06 PM    Msg. 222 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: ScottishCaptain
Wow, topics on this forum get derailed fast and detonate like a train full of high explosives.

On the subject of Adjutant and the missing heads: Is this occurring because the head mesh contains multiple meshes (eyeballs + head)? I've noticed that a lot of the humanoid bipeds will export eyeballs, but not the head mesh- which makes me think that Adjutant simply isn't parsing or locating the head mesh properly.

I know folks have said that there's a good chance they're stored elsewhere, but that doesn't make much sense. There are literally no references to the heads elsewhere, and the materials are included in each *.map file. Because of the way Blam appears to work, each *.map file should contain *all* the resources that particular level requires. So I can't see why the meshes would be separated from everything else, especially when the textures aren't (we're talking about a couple hundred kilobytes of polygons).

Slightly OT: does anyone know of a tool that will batch extract the contents of the *.map cache files, or decrypt/uncompress it enough that one could sort through the data manually?

-SC

IIRC, head meshes are stored as a different format than EMF due to the motion-cap facial animations, as opposed to the EMF format's bone-based animation.

ScottishCaptain

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 12:53 AM    Msg. 223 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noobIIRC, head meshes are stored as a different format than EMF due to the motion-cap facial animations, as opposed to the EMF format's bone-based animation.

Interesting.

Do you know where this data is? Can it even be extracted through Adjutant? I can't seem to find any evidence or reference to it within the program, but then again I can't seem to really extract much of anything so I have no idea what I'm looking at other then what the plugins seem to want to show me. I'd love to take a crack at making sense of it, but for that to happen I need access to the data first.

This all sounds remarkably similar to a low budget game I worked on around '05. They were pulling data in straight off a mocap rig and literally encoding it into a vertex level animation file format that the game engine could read in to animate the facial mesh of the characters. Of course, there was still a base mesh that the engine used to deform- but there weren't any bones or anything behind the facial "rig". Just a bunch of animation data and a whole bunch of scripting that figured out which animation to play, how to blend some of them together, etc.

It sounds like Halo is doing something similar. But there's still gotta be a base mesh there for the engine to animate, and that should at least be extractable even if the animation data isn't (without some serious work anyways).

-SC
Edited by ScottishCaptain on Aug 7, 2013 at 01:00 AM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 01:45 AM    Msg. 224 of 625       
It sounds like Halo is doing something similar. But there's still gotta be a base mesh there for the engine to animate, and that should at least be extractable even if the animation data isn't (without some serious work anyways).

extractable, probably. however, you will most likely get raw data , as the meshes would probably use a format not yet supported and/or unable to be converted into any form of usable mesh.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 03:04 AM    Msg. 225 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob

-SC

IIRC, head meshes are stored as a different format than EMF due to the motion-cap facial animations, as opposed to the EMF format's bone-based animation.

You would think this, however the Dr. Tilson model is fully extractable head and all. I would say maybe it's one face that doesn't use mo-cap however she is in a few crazy cinematics that make me think otherwise.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 03:23 AM    Msg. 226 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
You would think this, however the Dr. Tilson model is fully extractable head and all. I would say maybe it's one face that doesn't use mo-cap however she is in a few crazy cinematics that make me think otherwise.

halo 3 and reach used separate textures/models for cutscenes to give a HD feel, wouldn't be surprised if halo 4 did the same.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 04:15 AM    Msg. 227 of 625       
Well then the normal models would extract fine, which they don't. The Tilson model here is clearly the one used in cutscenes because the skeleton is in the model from when the science team is absorbed into the composer. I'm not saying your wrong but there seems to be more to it then just the mo-cap statement if thats even the problem at all.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 05:40 AM    Msg. 228 of 625       
Just sidestepping for a moment, that facial animation method probably uses a modifier similar to the facemorph tool in max (since h4 was made with Maya, and both are AutoDesk products). Iirc, Cevat Yerli commented on using a similar tool for the crysis facial rigs. Newer versions of Maya also support "muscles" in conjunction with bones, which might have been used to do facial mocap.

However, this shouldn't stop the mesh from being extractable per say.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 06:48 AM    Msg. 229 of 625       
Because of the way Blam appears to work, each *.map file should contain *all* the resources that particular level requires.

You'd think that, but I know for a fact that some (most?) sound files are kept externally from the .map file. Taking into account the fact that 343i intend to add new models to the game via patch, it's not unlikely to assume that those models are referenced externally to the .map files that use them.

It's all being researched, and as soon as we know something concrete we'll let you know where we stand on the matter of having the tools to access those resources implemented or updated.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 08:39 AM    Msg. 230 of 625       
that being said, wouldn't it also be possible to implement sound extraction by finding the location of the sound files and then reproducing the same method that sound extraction works for halo 3/odst/reach?

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 09:42 AM    Msg. 231 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
that being said, wouldn't it also be possible to implement sound extraction by finding the location of the sound files and then reproducing the same method that sound extraction works for halo 3/odst/reach?

That's sort of the idea - as long as you can have Adjutant point to the sound files, it's then a (relatively) simple matter to have it extract those files.

Consider it like looking for a file on your computer by using the Search function - if your file paths are wrong, the computer will throw up an error when pointed to that file. However, if you have it pointed at the correct path, you'll find what you're looking for. The same (the dev team I work with) is assumed to be true for the armour files as well, and it's likely the character heads are also in different locations also.

All this will require is a little research into where those files are, and then new instructions written to have Adjutant access those files. But it's not quite as simple as just that.

ElijahB1

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 07:35 PM    Msg. 232 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles

Are you guys prioritizing h4 atm, or would it hurt to let me send in some bug reports and such? A few things have broken over the many updates that should be easy enough to patch/fix back. There are also newer plugins available that could be adapted for Adjutant too. I'm almost entirely reliant on Assembly for actual meta research/messing around now.
Edited by waffles on Aug 8, 2013 at 06:56 PM

Assembly and Adjutant are two completely different tools. Assembly is a tool research the Blam engine and to make modifications to the .map files. Its good that you are using it to do research with and to mess around.

Adjutant is a extraction tool not meant to mess with .map data, just to extract it. The plugins for Adj are built around collecting all the basic information needed to extract assets, not to go poking around with.

If you have any problems you would like to report, pm me or Rosanna and we'll look it over.

(P.S. You still doing that tut for the OP?)

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 07:50 PM    Msg. 233 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles

Are you guys prioritizing h4 atm, or would it hurt to let me send in some bug reports and such? A few things have broken over the many updates that should be easy enough to patch/fix back. There are also newer plugins available that could be adapted for Adjutant too. I'm almost entirely reliant on Assembly for actual meta research/messing around now.
Edited by waffles on Aug 8, 2013 at 06:56 PM

A better idea would be to adapt Adjutant's plugins for Assembly, since Assembly is open-sourced and can be peer-reviewed/hotfixed by the community.

Naturally, send any research/bug reports over, and we'll add them to the OP and see if we can fix them (assuming the 'team' - a loose definition if ever I saw it - begins to pull together).

OashKoash

Dishin' Chickenpedes

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 10:46 AM    Msg. 234 of 625       
So it might just be me, but I'm having an issue running Adjutant. It immediately freezes up and locks up before i can use it, even after manually updating it. It's hard to explain exactly what's going on, but the gist is that all I can see is a blank white window and the words "Adjutant has stopped working."

I've managed to extract plenty of material, so content doesn't worry me in the slightest. Well, at least up until the Champion's bundle DLC comes out.

Keep up the good work, guys. Especially you two, Rosanna and Waffles.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 03:56 PM    Msg. 235 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: OashKoash
-snip-

Thanks for the support. As for troubleshooting... I don't want to insult your intelligence, but have you tried a completely fresh install? Changed any settings recently that might conflict with Adjutant (.NET framework, etc)? Likely it's something absolutely benign, so any insights or thoughts would be welcome.

IN OTHER NEWS:

First, I'd like to point everyone to the following, kindly submitted by Waffles (the OP is getting a little crowded, so I'll be updating that in an attempt at brevity):

Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
There are two types of control bitmaps, type 1 is for materials with an RGB/ARGB diffuse map. Type 2 is for materials without a seperate diffuse map, the diffuse maps are greyscale and stored in channel data.

control type 1 bitmaps
R=specular
G=specular-exponent
B=reflection

control type 2 bitmaps
R=specular/reflection
G=diffuse
B=specular-exponent
A=dual color-change (black is secondary, white is primary)

Any bitmaps with the suffix multi, are control type 1. Examples of type 1 are usually weapon control maps/props/scenery. Examples of type 2 are all mp character models.

Also, illumination data is stored in the diffuse alpha channel where it applies. (Use common sense to tell what is transparency and what is illumination).

Diffuse maps
RGB=diffuse color
A=illumination source

Otherwise h4 relies heavily on materials and default bitmaps for all other illumination (mp spartans). They use geometry for shape, and a white texture that can be color-changed.

Halo 4 isn't limited by preset bitmap configurations, the new material system allows for more flexibility in choosing what bitmap channel is what source (color change/illumination/transparency)

This should help anybody still confused about how Halo 4's mapping system works.

Secondly: as soon as the H4 Title Update drops, I'll attempt to pull the additional files from my X360 and have a poke around in them. Hopefully Elijah and I can further our research into further content extraction once it drops, but I make no promises. We're still trying to figure out how to get the existing problems ironed out, but as soon as I have an update I'll be sure to notify y'alls.
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Aug 18, 2013 at 04:06 PM

OashKoash

Dishin' Chickenpedes

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 11:08 AM    Msg. 236 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rosanna Weyland

-snip-

Thanks for the support. As for troubleshooting... I don't want to insult your intelligence, but have you tried a completely fresh install? Changed any settings recently that might conflict with Adjutant (.NET framework, etc)? Likely it's something absolutely benign, so any insights or thoughts would be welcome.

I appreciate the thought, no worries. Actually, I've been removing every instance of Adjutant from my PC and reinstalling a fresher program, but to no avail. I checked the problem out, and it seems alot of people run into this kind of problem, specifically the code: CLR20r3

Again, thanks for the help and guidance, everyone.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 06:58 AM    Msg. 237 of 625       
UPDATE:

I've taken a look through all the new content I'm able to and I haven't found any of the new armour or skin files in them.

Logically, therefore, the new content is references within mainmenu_patch.map and will be available from that file - however, Adjutant won't open it. Until we manage a workaround, the new content is still, unfortunately, unavailable.
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Aug 20, 2013 at 08:09 AM

DeusEx82

Why yes I do have a big...gun

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 10:14 AM    Msg. 238 of 625       
Hey guys, just checking back in. It's been a while, I saw the first post of the thread but now the non-extractable files list is gone, so does this mean that a fix has been found to get the MP Spartans? Or is that still a no?

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 03:14 PM    Msg. 239 of 625       
i cant download adjutant help???

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 03:57 PM    Msg. 240 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeusEx82
Hey guys, just checking back in. It's been a while, I saw the first post of the thread but now the non-extractable files list is gone, so does this mean that a fix has been found to get the MP Spartans? Or is that still a no?

I'm afraid that, for the time being, it's still a 'no'. The team and I are reasonably certain we can pinpoint the issue, but fixing it is another entirely. I'll be taking a deeper look at the issue on Friday, when I have some free time to do so.

As soon as I have any news I'll be sure to relay it - for now, the team is looking at the new content that dropped. There are some interesting implications that have arisen from the patch, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself just yet and spoil the major reveal.

i cant download adjutant help???

The mirror link in the OP is still valid. I just checked it; it works absolutely fine.

OashKoash

Dishin' Chickenpedes

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 11:02 PM    Msg. 241 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rosanna Weyland
I'm afraid that, for the time being, it's still a 'no'. The team and I are reasonably certain we can pinpoint the issue, but fixing it is another entirely. I'll be taking a deeper look at the issue on Friday, when I have some free time to do so.

As soon as I have any news I'll be sure to relay it - for now, the team is looking at the new content that dropped. There are some interesting implications that have arisen from the patch, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself just yet and spoil the major reveal.

Keep up the good work, yo. In the meantime I'll worry about fixing my Adjutant problems. For now I believe that it's strictly a .NET Framework issue, though re-installing and repairing it didn't change much of anything. Even applying a fresh install of Adjutant failed, so I'm still attempting to figure it out.

Would love to explore through the new content and see what i can find.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 05:14 AM    Msg. 242 of 625       
Would love to explore through the new content and see what i can find.

Sorry to dash your hopes, but Adjutant can't open all of the new .map files, and the ones it can open don't hold much in the way of 'new' content. Pitfall certainly holds some interesting stuff (the Elite target boards, Halo 3-era fusion cores) but, honestly, most of the meaty stuff is held elsewhere, in map files that Adjutant can't currently access. Certainly, we can't access the new weapon skins, armour skins and armour pieces.

We're working on it, and when we have anything significant to release we'll be sure to do so.

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 08:36 AM    Msg. 243 of 625       
but all i want is just to play halo 3 IM NEVER GONNA STOP WAITING TILL I PLAY ATLEAST 5mins of the campaign

So just buy a xbox and play it i mean stop complaing its like someone on xbox throwing a tantrum because they can't play starcraft

Stevedoggen

#Byf4Lyf

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 08:39 AM    Msg. 244 of 625       
Don't recite it, everybody has shunned him already, and he was banned for conduct.
You're 16 days late, no need to bring it up, back on topic.

ElijahB1

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 09:13 PM    Msg. 245 of 625       
Coming Soon to an Adjutant Application Near You!
Pic

(I know, the textures look bad, deal with it)

Page 7 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · 10 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 11:17 AM 531 ms.
A Halo Maps Website