A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release

Page 8 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 5 · 6 · 7 · [8] · 9 · 10 · 11 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release (625 messages, Page 8 of 18)
Moderators: Dennis

Yoshiman

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 09:33 PM    Msg. 246 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer50
messed up cmt v3 chief?

No Killer5000, Halo 4 DLC armor.

Edited by Yoshiman on Aug 24, 2013 at 09:37 PM

ElijahB1

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 09:34 PM    Msg. 247 of 625       
messed up cmt v3 chief?

lol no, its part of the new armor set that came with the recent map pack for H4

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 09:51 PM    Msg. 248 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Coming Soon to an Adjutant Application Near You!
Pic

(I know, the textures look bad, deal with it)

My all-time favorite armor in Halo 4.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 24, 2013 at 09:51 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 11:36 PM    Msg. 249 of 625       
...what kind of logic is in that? Where the hell does us telling you that this is halo 4 armor turn into you getting suspended from school or an Xbox or halo 3? Learn to shut the hell up

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 12:50 AM    Msg. 250 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Coming Soon to an Adjutant Application Near You!
Pic

(I know, the textures look bad, deal with it)

i can deal with it i am getting good a color replacement

i will make a tutorial
Edited by savinpvtmike on Aug 25, 2013 at 03:53 AM

Rosanna Weyland

Up and down, and all around.

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 05:56 AM    Msg. 251 of 625       
well idk i havent even played halo 3 on halo 2 so i wouldnt know if i get suspended from school no xbox this chrismas and no halo 3 ever

Oh, do shut up. If you're so concerned about your grades you'd spend more time studying and less time being an idiot on a forum full of peple who hate you.

Regardless - yes, Elijah and I (mostly Elijah, I will admit) have managed to find a way to access the DLC content from Halo 4. With that said, it's Q&A time!

Q - Why haven't you released this yet?

A - Because, frankly, this is an extremely ugly fix that's only viable for the DLC. It's unfinished, unstable, and we'd rather release a completed build that allows access to the full range of content.

Q - But I don't care! I want those DLC models and skins! Also this isn't a question, but I'm going to whine about it as though I'm ultra-entitled for this content!

A - Whine all you like. We're not withholding content to be selfish, or to wave it in front of your noses and go 'look what we have - we're not sharing this with you ever'. You will get this content, I promise you - as soon as we've made sure that it's a stable fix, and that we can access the rest of the content as well.

Q - You're just as bad as Gravemind for holding stuff back! I'm going to whine some more!

A - Again, we don't plan to hold stuff back. The team and I noticed that when H4 support was leaked, people complained that Gravemind hadn't released it, and ended up forcing his hand into releasing an incomplete, buggy version that didn't offer the full range of support. We don't want to do that - we would much rather be able to offer you all a complete, working, fully-capable program that does everything you want and need, than one that's restricted and can only offer partial content access.

Please, be patient, guys - this is coming. I'm willing to provide some of the new content as a separate download, but until we're sure that Adjutant is stable enough to warrant a release, I'm not willing to throw it out into the wild.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 01:27 PM    Msg. 252 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike

but those don't look good and I've already made a thread on that sort of thing.

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 02:07 PM    Msg. 253 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob

but those don't look good and I've already made a thread on that sort of thing.

I know you did but I can't find that thread can u link it or something
Edited by savinpvtmike on Aug 25, 2013 at 02:22 PM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 03:25 PM    Msg. 254 of 625       
I know you did but I can't find that thread can u link it or something

sure thing

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 05:45 PM    Msg. 255 of 625       
After a discussion with Elijah about how we're going to release this, we both figured it would be much more efficient to release the assets we've managed to gain access to as a download link rather than offer up the (potentially) buggy software used in its extraction. The reason for this is simple, and twofold:

- Primarily, this is for your own protection. This is, and I quote, a "pretty hacky" method of obtaining the files, and until we're certain of the tool's stability, we're not prepared to release it to the general public.

- Secondly - we feel that a full release would be better suited to the complete content collection, over simply slap-dash releases here and there for every little fix. One large, major release is much easier than constantly sending out small patches to fix every little issue we come across.

With all that said, we're still looking at accessing the mainline content, and as ever, as soon as we have news, we'll be sure to keep you updated with it.

CLICKY FOR THE CONTENT

Q&A time again!

What does this pack contain?

All new model assets found in the Champions Bundle:

• Ricochet armour (male/female)

• ODST armour (male/female)

• Mk V armour (male/female)

• Prefect Armour (male/female)

• First-person arms for the above

All new texture assets found in the Champions Bundle:

• Steel Series Weapon Skin Pack

• Additional weapon skins

• McFarlane Series 2 weapon/armour skins

If there's anything missing, let me or Elijah know and we'll be sure to add the missing content to the download. Until then, please enjoy.
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Aug 25, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Aug 25, 2013 at 05:46 PM

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 06:02 PM    Msg. 256 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
it looked like a Halo CEA Anniversary Cyborg.

That's because it is. They reused the Halo CE: Anniversary asset for Halo 4, albeit on a different biped.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 06:57 PM    Msg. 257 of 625       
Thanks for releasing some content for us :) (No sarcasm in this post)

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 07:00 PM    Msg. 258 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

You're quite welcome.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 07:26 PM    Msg. 259 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
What is everything in this topic about.

This thread includes the following:

-off topic posts
-stuff about Adjutant, like updates and such
-arguments(?)
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 25, 2013 at 07:26 PM

ElijahB1

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 08:03 PM    Msg. 260 of 625       

No problem, it will come to you guys one way or the other. I know in the past things may have seemed like they were being kept from the community, but in this case (because Rosanna and I are now leading Adjutant it seems) I want to get off on the right foot. We will be posting updates as soon as we think that the app is stable enough to be used by everyone.

Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
What is everything in this topic about.

This thread includes the following:

-off topic posts
-stuff about Adjutant, like updates and such
-arguments(?)
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 25, 2013 at 07:26 PM

That about sums it up. I'm kinda new here still and the lax rules get me sometimes, but this topic is where you will be able to find the most up-to-date announcements on Adjutant.

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 09:16 PM    Msg. 261 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rosanna Weyland

That's because it is. They reused the Halo CE: Anniversary asset for Halo 4, albeit on a different biped.

That is not true at all, it is actually a completely different model. They did not reuse the asset from anniversary. I suggest you stop making stuff up out of thin air.

OashKoash

Dishin' Chickenpedes

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 11:45 PM    Msg. 262 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: ShadowSpartan

That is not true at all, it is actually a completely different model. They did not reuse the asset from anniversary. I suggest you stop making stuff up out of thin air.
http://shadow.modacity.net/h1a_h4_markv.png

Does this mean that you've actually been able to access the armor from CEA?
Regardless of fanboyness, excellent work, you guys.

ElijahB1

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 12:07 AM    Msg. 263 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: OashKoash

Does this mean that you've actually been able to access the armor from CEA?
Regardless of fanboyness, excellent work, you guys.

Surprise! lol, picture speaks for itself really..
Edited by ElijahB1 on Aug 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 04:37 AM    Msg. 264 of 625       
this is the mark 5 in game still needs work

Stevedoggen

#Byf4Lyf

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 04:41 AM    Msg. 265 of 625       
is it just me or does halo 4 look abit gay

It looks different, yes.
As to being homosexual though, just you.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 06:05 AM    Msg. 266 of 625       
I suggest you stop making stuff up out of thin air.

Well, somebody didn't get a decent night's sleep - or is that a carry-over of that pathetic five-year attitude you've been lugging around since your time with ZTeam?

I don't mind admitting I'm wrong. I also don't mind I'm being told I'm wrong - what I take umbrage with is your holier-than-thou, condescending attitude. It's completely unwarranted and it makes you look like an absolute tosser (well, if it didn't, a look back at your 'colourful' history would prove it). Knock it off and play nice, or don't bother posting - I'd much rather you keep your venom to yourself than vent your issues on me or somebody else.

And, fine - I mucked up. From a glance, the armour looked exactly like the H:CEA setup, put on the Halo 4 base biped. That led me to assume that they'd carried the asset over. Fairly easy mistake, I'll admit to being wrong.
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Aug 26, 2013 at 06:15 AM

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 10:02 AM    Msg. 267 of 625       
Well, somebody didn't get a decent night's sleep - or is that a carry-over of that pathetic five-year attitude you've been lugging around since your time with ZTeam?

Excuse me, but you are the one with the attitude, attacking me for giving you some advice about making stuff up without any evidence.

I don't mind admitting I'm wrong. I also don't mind I'm being told I'm wrong - what I take umbrage with is your holier-than-thou, condescending attitude. It's completely unwarranted and it makes you look like an absolute tosser (well, if it didn't, a look back at your 'colourful' history would prove it). Knock it off and play nice, or don't bother posting - I'd much rather you keep your venom to yourself than vent your issues on me or somebody else.

Yet again, I was only stating that you were incorrect, and to make sure your "facts" are accurate next time. You are the one that continually attacked me in the other thread, and are now starting it again in this thread, so get over whatever grudge you have against me or Zteam. I do not want to start another argument.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 02:19 PM    Msg. 268 of 625       
this is the mark 5 in game still needs a lot of work

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1231378_3228654252557_1981655818_n.jpg

FTFY

Xerzus

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 02:40 PM    Msg. 269 of 625       
We should stay on topic.
Edited by Xerzus on Aug 26, 2013 at 02:42 PM

OashKoash

Dishin' Chickenpedes

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 02:56 PM    Msg. 270 of 625       
Agreed. Which brings me to my question.

How would one go about changing the colors of the models in a program like 3ds Max?

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 03:35 PM    Msg. 271 of 625       
Yet again, I was only stating that you were incorrect, and to make sure your "facts" are accurate next time.

You were 'only' being a tosser about it. Whether you think otherwise or not, you've got a reputation for giving lip and it seems to keep catching up with you. I have no vendetta against you, and I'd even let lie whatever disagreements we've had in the past. Had you simply said 'sorry to correct you, but those assets aren't re-used from H:CEA, here's the evidence to back it up' then I would have simply said 'oh, well! Slap me down, you're right! Thanks for correcting my misconception!'

But you didn't. Your attitude is what p***ed me off, not your correcting my error - and contrary to what you might believe, being 'right' doesn't entitle you to be a tosspot about it. I don't want to start an argument either, so let's just leave it at this - I was wrong, you went the wrong way about correcting me. We're both wrong, whoopee, let's drop the whole thing before it gets tiresome.

Quote: --- Original message by: OashKoash
How would one go about changing the colors of the models in a program like 3ds Max?

I'd like to know myself, honestly. If I find anything out I'll be sure to make a mention of it in the OP.

EDIT:

Also, thanks for throwing up some credit on the 405th, Oash. The admins and I had some disagreements a number of years back and I haven't officially been back since, but it's nice to think that the work is being used to benefit other avenues as well.

Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Aug 26, 2013 at 03:37 PM
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Aug 26, 2013 at 03:43 PM

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 05:01 PM    Msg. 272 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Thorolf Kveldulfsson
-snip-
Edited by Thorolf Kveldulfsson on Aug 26, 2013 at 04:16 PM

We'll have less of the s**t-stirring from you, too.

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 06:30 PM    Msg. 273 of 625       
I do enjoy reading these snippets about (some) people arguing (you know who you are). I find it somewhat humorous that some of us are arguing over a game related application. Its...sort of like when Trekkies don't see eye-to-eye and then start a flame argument about who is the better Captain of the Starship Enterprise. James T. Kirk? Or Jean-Luc Picard?

Anyways, thanks for continuing development on the program Rosanna! I keep tabs on this topic and enjoy seeing new content and features being added and worked on.

Can't wait to see whats in store next.

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 07:52 PM    Msg. 274 of 625       
But you didn't. Your attitude is what p***ed me off, not your correcting my error - and contrary to what you might believe, being 'right' doesn't entitle you to be a tosspot about it. I don't want to start an argument either, so let's just leave it at this - I was wrong, you went the wrong way about correcting me. We're both wrong, whoopee, let's drop the whole thing before it gets tiresome.

Pretty much agree with what Thorolf said. I am not sorry for correcting you, nor did I go about it the wrong way. You took offense to my comment because you do not like me, and want to make up any reason at all to attack me. I did not start the attacking, you did, and now you are attacking Thorolf as well.

Stop acting all high and mighty just because Gravemind gave Adjutant's source code to you. For the DLC content you did not even figure out a fix for it yourself. Elijah and AMD figured it out and told you what to change. So the way I see it, you haven't done anything to contribute to Adjutant as it stands now.

Quote: --- Original message by: videoman
Anyways, thanks for continuing development on the program Rosanna!

See above. It's actually been AMD and Elijah working on updating it.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 09:04 PM    Msg. 275 of 625       
-snip.

I'm not going to rise for the obvious bait within that post, but I do intend to clear up a few facts you seem to be rather confused with, just for the record of all present:

I don't lay any claim to any part of Adjutant - be it source code, finished or incomplete code, or any work that's been done on it since it left Gravemind's hands. I have had practically zero involvement with the work that's gone into it, primarily because I don't have the necessary skill to do any of the work single-handedly. I've been looking through the code myself, and while some of it makes sense, I'd need somebody more experienced to help me out with it. Furthermore, I never even -intended- to be a 'part' of this project - I only made this topic to make sure that people knew about the 3.2.0.0 release. That snowballed into me receiving the code to work on, and creating an ad-hoc 'dev team' from others that had also received the code to work on.

Long and short? I don't claim any credit for the program itself. Never have, and unless I actually put any work into the program itself, I never will. All I do is put the content up, and work on support. But then, that's a shot further than creating tools and keeping them behind closed doors after you've waved them in people's faces, isn't it? Way to keep modding in the Dark Ages.

Now, if we're all -quite- tired of acting like children, I think it's high time we all got back on topic instead of acting arrogant and sniping at one another.

ElijahB1

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 09:17 PM    Msg. 276 of 625       

Welllll you pretty much just leaked that extracting new things from CEA is possible. Good job :)
Unwanted. Get out.
Edited by goldkilla88 on Aug 26, 2013 at 09:14 PM

Who said it was a leak? lol :)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
Old news goldie.

Everybody seems to have missed the last time ShadowSpartan showed b30.

Theres not much use/interest in the anniversary stuff.

Says you :p
Edited by ElijahB1 on Aug 26, 2013 at 09:18 PM

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 09:23 PM    Msg. 277 of 625       
But then, that's a shot further than creating tools and keeping them behind closed doors after you've waved them in people's faces, isn't it? Way to keep modding in the Dark Ages.

Ignoring the rest of your post since I made my point. But as for this section, it was proven in the other thread that I was not the one showing stuff off years ago. Yet again you are making stuff up.

As I have said time and time again, if people do their own research and work, then they deserve to do whatever they want with their programs. It is people like you that discourage programmers like myself from releasing better tools.

Welllll you pretty much just leaked that extracting new things from CEA is possible. Good job :)

Not really a leak, it just isn't known to many people. I have never got around to completing it. As you can see, the helmet does not extract properly and wasn't included in the render. Waffles is right though, there isn't much use/interest in the anniversary stuff, considering that a lot of the assets are from previous games.

Yoshiman

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 09:26 PM    Msg. 278 of 625       
Quote: --- Original message by: Thorolf Kveldulfsson
Don't give me lip, boy. That attitude is pissing me off. Say sorry.

Why should Rosanna Weyland say sorry to you?
Edited by Yoshiman on Aug 26, 2013 at 09:27 PM

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 09:41 PM    Msg. 279 of 625       
Ok people. Back on topic now. We don't want another Adjutant thread being shut down.

Yhorr

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 09:09 AM    Msg. 280 of 625       
Hello !

Where can I find the Halo 4 files for Adjutant ?
I would like the assault rifle halo 4 :)

Thanks you !

Page 8 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 5 · 6 · 7 · [8] · 9 · 10 · 11 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 8:38 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website