A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Debug isn't doing anything, Biped problem, tool problem

Author Topic: Debug isn't doing anything, Biped problem, tool problem (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: May 22, 2013 10:23 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
I have a map that isn't compiling and debug.txt isn't updating like its not said anything about any of the issues i have had

I think the map isn't compiling because i a biped i made

okay so with the biped i got masterchief nodes and linked the model of my morgan to the #spine i think was that what i was supposed to do attitionally i also opened up morgan.gbx and made the node check sum the sane as cyborg.gbx then i opened cyborg.biped and replaced the cyborg .gbx with morgan.gbx so i want to know is that all i needed to change

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: May 23, 2013 02:10 AM    Msg. 2 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Tried running cmd as admin?

Yeah but i'm still not getting any new things in debug.txt do i have to make debug.txt a administrative file? also sapien and guerilla both change it.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 24, 2013 12:42 AM    Msg. 3 of 10       
delete or rename the debug.txt file and then trying compiling. If a new one is not created then:

1) Tool does not have rights to write to the \haloce folder
2) The file may be created in the compatibility files folders and not the \haloce folder
3) The error is such that the program is aborting before a debug can be written.

Edited by Dennis on May 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: May 24, 2013 01:58 AM    Msg. 4 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

delete or rename the debug.txt file and then trying compiling. If a new one is not created then:

2) The file may be created in the compatibility files folders and not the \haloce folder
3) The error is such that the program is aborting before a debug can be written.

The problem with this theory is that errors from sapien go into debug.txt just not tool

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: May 24, 2013 11:04 AM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Are you running OS_tool by any chance?

No why? i actually uninstalled OS so i could use animation recorder (another thing that isn't working right)

Dennis

Posted: May 24, 2013 03:53 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX

The problem with this theory is that errors from sapien go into debug.txt just not tool
The reason for deleting or renaming the debug.txt file is to see if tool is actually creating a new one. Troubleshooting a problem is a step by step process of elimination. The actual way to troubleshoot is to start with a known.

1) Can you compile a map that compiled before?

Yes - then the issue is with the map you can't compile
No - the issue is with the PC/Operating system

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: May 25, 2013 12:30 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       

The reason for deleting or renaming the debug.txt file is to see if tool is actually creating a new one. Troubleshooting a problem is a step by step process of elimination. The actual way to troubleshoot is to start with a known.

1) Can you compile a map that compiled before?

Yes - then the issue is with the map you can't compile
No - the issue is with the PC/Operating system

No and i found out the problem is after i disabled UAC it said restart computer and apparently holding down the off button and then turning it on isn't sufficient.

Dennis

Posted: May 25, 2013 02:43 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
No and i found out the problem is after i disabled UAC
This is a very, very very bad thing to do and never is it advisable unless you have an intimate knowledge of windows security and operations which you apparently don't.

My advice would be to re-enable the UAC, login in as the administrator (not your account) and then change the permissions on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition folder to allow read/write access to your account or the Users account. This will allow the HEK full access to that folder and not open all system folders to malware. Disabling the UAC allows any program to write to the system and program folders. Disabling the UAC is very, very, very (not enough very's) bad thing to do.

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: May 25, 2013 08:15 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
No and i found out the problem is after i disabled UAC
This is a very, very very bad thing to do and never is it advisable unless you have an intimate knowledge of windows security and operations which you apparently don't.

My advice would be to re-enable the UAC, login in as the administrator (not your account) and then change the permissions on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition folder to allow read/write access to your account or the Users account. This will allow the HEK full access to that folder and not open all system folders to malware. Disabling the UAC allows any program to write to the system and program folders. Disabling the UAC is very, very, very (not enough very's) bad thing to do.

Anyway so i have enabled UAC again BUT i activated the local admin and used it to give myself permission over halo custom edition but it wouldn't let me make it writable and i can't use build-cache-file

Dennis

Posted: May 26, 2013 08:39 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
but it wouldn't let me make it writable
Then you did not log in as the administrator. The administrator account is specifically for operations like this that a normal user should not have access too.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 13, 2020 12:51 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website