A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »R.I.P Halo 5 and Xbox One

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: R.I.P Halo 5 and Xbox One (47 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

ZOBI3KING
Joined: Dec 25, 2012

Look at me, I'm the captain now.


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 10:06 PM    Msg. 1 of 47       
I'll repost this...


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 11:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 47       
This thread is pointless.

You didn't watch their E3 conference yet you talk about how bad it was. Cool, you hate the Xbone. Congrats. Lets jump on the hate bandwagon.

btw I hate the console but MS did nothing wrong at their E3 conference


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Holy Crust#4500


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 11:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 47       
I'm switching to PS4. I heard its really easy to share games :O


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 11:38 PM    Msg. 4 of 47       
PS+ ($50) required for multiplayer play on PS4


AllySuzumiya
Joined: Feb 27, 2013

"Kotae wa itsumo watashi no mune ni.."


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 11:54 PM    Msg. 5 of 47       
You're over-opinionated on this matter. Half the rumors of the Xbox one's restrictions and requirements were false. Need proof? Here's my proof.
http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/no-fee-for-used-games-on-xbox-one-1437891/ No fee for used games and free transfers to friends
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online Play offline for up to 24 hours on primary console (Who would buy two of the things anyways?)
Those two links alone cancel out every 'claim' that sheeple have to hate on the Xbox ONE. They saw the press conference a while back and afterwards completely ignored everything Microsoft said after. You're living proof of this. Also, Xbox Live was always around 60$ per year. Sony's doing the exact same thing with Ps+ AND it's mandatory. In every demo of the Xbox ONE at E3, there were no hardware flops or freezes. At the SONY E3 conference, they received multiple errors in their flagship launch title "Destiny" and others were strewn throughout the rest of the conference.
Just because I cleared up the faults doesn't mean that I've made a decision as to which is better. Judging by last generation's ratio of success to failure in console launch titles, at least half the launch titles will flop tremendously. 'Watch Dogs' is, in my opinion, the most likely to flop as hype has been built up on it for over a year and in every demo of the game, the concept that was first introduced was watered down even further and upon seeing the other launch titles (Ie: Destiny), the game paled in comparison, graphic-wise. Even if it flops, that doesn't mean it wont gross alot worldwide. Anyhow, that's all I have to say.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 11, 2013 11:58 PM    Msg. 6 of 47       
Play offline up to 24 hours is crap though. Why does it stop working after 24 hours if it CAN run? It's like SimsCity can run offline for 20 minutes but then it checks and sees its offline


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 12:05 AM    Msg. 7 of 47       
I could care less for Kinect. I can see WHY it's required (so developers knows how many units are out there...one with every console) but the thing is...it shouldn't be. They can easily match the PS4's price if they remove Kinect. Tada you're on level at least price wise


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Holy Crust#4500


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 12:16 AM    Msg. 8 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: AllySuzumiya
Words.


Actually, the Xbox did infact, mess up with the Battle Field loading (since you said it had NO errors)

Besides, I don't particularly feel like having a camera watching me all day, telling me I can or cannot use a service based on how many people it does (not) detect.

Halo 5 wouldn't be enough of an incentive for me to buy the Xbox and in fact, I'd rather stick with the COD series, even if they are re-done to hell, so I'd probably just migrate to the PSA Universe. If MS controls the price of used games, you can bet they're gonna make it not worth buying them, thus forcing you to buy a new copy.

In fairness, the PS4 doesn't seem to attractive either, but it's not the NSA's little brother at least.
Edited by Jesse on Jun 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 12:20 AM    Msg. 9 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Quote: --- Original message by: AllySuzumiya
Words.


Actually, the Xbox did infact, mess up with the Battle Field loading (since you said it had NO errors)


He means gameplay. The BF4 thing was a video clip and for some reason the audio wouldn't work. This is a playback problem and not a problem with the Xbox One itself

In the PS4 Destiny live-gameplay demo the game kept freezing and getting stuck.
During the MS live-gameplay Demo of whatever-the-heck they were showing for smartglass and (I think) DeadRising3, there were no tech glitches

most of the rest were just pre-recorded videos
Edited by MatthewDratt on Jun 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Holy Crust#4500


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 12:22 AM    Msg. 10 of 47       
I tried the smartglass feature on my PC when It had W8... Not impressed. All it did was become a giant controller for my Xbox.

PS4 doesn't hold my attention either, but I'd rather not be watched or limited in as many ways as the Xbox. Both look ugly anyway.


Newbkilla
Joined: Mar 9, 2008

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 01:24 AM    Msg. 11 of 47       
Steambox anyone? lulz


ELVEVERX
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

For the great journey


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:33 AM    Msg. 12 of 47       
All i see is
XBOX
gold member ship online +2 games a month

Exlusives like Halo, Titan fall, Dead rising

Early acess to DLC

While in most games and games for it kinect sucks i truly can see some advantagous it can have like has anyone player rainbow 6? because i can imainge the game being 1000% easier if you
could order your two team mates around with voice control rater than aiming and clicking

being able to play games straight from the hard drive so if i lose or scratch the disc i don't have to buy it again and i can imagine that old games will be relatively cheap as downloads

smart glass will proberble be useful for maps and stuff

PS4
Better specs than the PS3
Old fasion style discs where you need it to play the game and if you lose it you are screwed
a member ship you have to pay for like xbox live but with less features


Banshee64
Joined: Dec 4, 2012

oify


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 03:08 AM    Msg. 13 of 47       
You people will defend anything, The xbox one is clearly a terrible console, and I'm a long time Microsoft supporter when it comes to consoles. Halo 4 was a terrible game, Most people will agree with that statement. The teaser for Halo 5 was the teaser for Halo 3 with Halo 4 assets and a starwars cloak. How can you people defend this?


ZOBI3KING
Joined: Dec 25, 2012

Look at me, I'm the captain now.


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 03:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 47       
Go Team Steam!
hey that rhymes


kirby_422
Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Apparently public enemy number 1?


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 05:34 AM    Msg. 15 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX
All i see is
XBOX
gold member ship online +2 games a month

Exlusives like Halo, Titan fall, Dead rising

Early acess to DLC

While in most games and games for it kinect sucks i truly can see some advantagous it can have like has anyone player rainbow 6? because i can imainge the game being 1000% easier if you
could order your two team mates around with voice control rater than aiming and clicking

being able to play games straight from the hard drive so if i lose or scratch the disc i don't have to buy it again and i can imagine that old games will be relatively cheap as downloads

smart glass will proberble be useful for maps and stuff

PS4
Better specs than the PS3
Old fasion style discs where you need it to play the game and if you lose it you are screwed
a member ship you have to pay for like xbox live but with less features

How is that gold membership any better than PSN+? PSN+ has always given you free crap, PLUS you get reduced prices for other things.

Both systems have exclusive titles, hows that any different between the two of them?

So? I don't see the big thing with DLC, its usually just level cap things, and other worthless garbage.

So, you want to treat a camera as a pair of headphones now?... Why do I require a camera just to use it as headphones?.... Headphones work great as headphones.

So how many terabytes are they gonna give me for hard drive space? And cheap downloads? lawl, this is microsoft, the downloads will be the same price as the disks.

So you cannot even think of what to do with this smart glass.... Have you heard about WiiU developers? Most of them dont know what to do with their Tablets either, what makes you think the same developers are gonna have that many more ideas of what do to with tablets that aren't even included on sale?

Better specs than the XboxOne as well.

Where you can have as many games as you want to play, without having to sit deleting other ones to make room for new ones and then waiting for an hour for hte disk to copy over.

What less features? They always gave you free stuff with the PSN+, as well as giving you discounts on other stuff. You have your stupid false senses of acheivement, you can communicate with people, PS4 now has that crossgame communication stuff, etc. What are they lacking?


ELVEVERX
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

For the great journey


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 06:50 AM    Msg. 16 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX
All i see is
XBOX
gold member ship online +2 games a month

Exlusives like Halo, Titan fall, Dead rising

Early acess to DLC

While in most games and games for it kinect sucks i truly can see some advantagous it can have like has anyone player rainbow 6? because i can imainge the game being 1000% easier if you
could order your two team mates around with voice control rater than aiming and clicking

being able to play games straight from the hard drive so if i lose or scratch the disc i don't have to buy it again and i can imagine that old games will be relatively cheap as downloads

smart glass will proberble be useful for maps and stuff

PS4
Better specs than the PS3
Old fasion style discs where you need it to play the game and if you lose it you are screwed
a member ship you have to pay for like xbox live but with less features

How is that gold membership any better than PSN+? PSN+ has always given you free crap, PLUS you get reduced prices for other things.
Quote:
Both systems have exclusive titles, hows that any different between the two of them?


xbox has more and they do seem better
Halo
Forza
Dead rising
project spark
titan fall
and then ps4 has
killzone
grand torismo
god of war
kinddom heart
little big planet
Quote:
So? I don't see the big thing with DLC, its usually just level cap things, and other worthless garbage.

that may be true for some DLC but there is still a lot of great content you can get through DLC like fallouts DLC was all ways worth it

Quote:
So, you want to treat a camera as a pair of headphones now?... Why do I require a camera just to use it as headphones?.... Headphones work great as headphones.


what you can still use headphones you just have the option to use kinect can't you?

Quote:
So how many terabytes are they gonna give me for hard drive space? And cheap downloads? lawl, this is microsoft, the downloads will be the same price as the disks.

How many terabytes is sony going to give you?

Microsoft is not in control of the used game prices the companys that make the games are so sure you will proberble pay a high price for a EA game but besides that i would hope most developers would do the right thing and really they need the money from used games look at how many game studios have been going under i am certain they wouldn't have if they were making the revenue from the used game market. additionally i am pretty sure there will be some kind of official online market where you can put a game for sale the devs price gets added onto your price and then people can buy it.

Quote:
So you cannot even think of what to do with this smart glass.... Have you heard about WiiU developers? Most of them dont know what to do with their Tablets either, what makes you think the same developers are gonna have that many more ideas of what do to with tablets that aren't even included on sale?
Quote:
what no i do think that developer will use it mainly for amps and in some games it may have stats and in other like in halo you can call down ordanence to specific parts of the map and i' not saying you will be forced to i am just saying it would be a option also air strikes and things in cod or nav points in battle field.


Quote:
Better specs than the XboxOne as well.

better specs in ONE area the Gpu if i am not mistaken but besides that is equal and xbox has a better camera with kinect

Quote:
Where you can have as many games as you want to play, without having to sit deleting other ones to make room for new ones and then waiting for an hour for the disk to copy over.


you don't have to install it its just you can like i'd proberble only install my favorite games but i'm pretty sure there won't be many games over 20 gigs so you should be able to fit quite a lot on it but i'm no expert as to how large next gen games are i guess time will tell

Quote:
What less features? They always gave you free stuff with the PSN+, as well as giving you discounts on other stuff. You have your stupid false senses of acheivement, you can communicate with people, PS4 now has that crossgame communication stuff, etc. What are they lacking?

When i say less features i mean things like party chat and generally i don't know if this is sonys fault or not but when i play on PS3 its all ways really lagging and i know its not my internet because my 360 runs fine so i have to assume the microsoft simple has better servers which makes more sense they have so many additional servers.



AND YES i screwed this quote thing up sorry


kirby_422
Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Apparently public enemy number 1?


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 08:54 AM    Msg. 17 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX
xbox has more and they do seem better
Halo
Forza
Dead rising
project spark
titan fall
and then ps4 has
killzone
grand torismo
god of war
kinddom heart
little big planet


Quote:
So, you want to treat a camera as a pair of headphones now?... Why do I require a camera just to use it as headphones?.... Headphones work great as headphones.


what you can still use headphones you just have the option to use kinect can't you?

Quote:
So how many terabytes are they gonna give me for hard drive space? And cheap downloads? lawl, this is microsoft, the downloads will be the same price as the disks.

How many terabytes is sony going to give you?

Quote:
Better specs than the XboxOne as well.

better specs in ONE area the Gpu if i am not mistaken but besides that is equal and xbox has a better camera with kinect

Quote:
Where you can have as many games as you want to play, without having to sit deleting other ones to make room for new ones and then waiting for an hour for the disk to copy over.



you don't have to install it its just you can like i'd proberble only install my favorite games but i'm pretty sure there won't be many games over 20 gigs so you should be able to fit quite a lot on it but i'm no expert as to how large next gen games are i guess time will tell

None of those xbox things seem that interesting. The project spark, they mentioned Windows 8 during the demo many times. They are either saying you need a Windows 8 tablet to control the ground or its also going to come out for Windows 8. Titan fall seems like it could be ok, but honestly, im more interested in the WiiU mech thing right now, it looks like it gives you more freedom and a whole world to explore rather than titan's generic combat with wall jumping added.


Why would you want to use a camera to talk to people when you could do the natural option of using a headset? I dont why anyone would want to use a random always on webcam (I dont care that they "claim" you can disable the features, the fact you cannot disconnect it and run the system means its doing something, and I do not want to have to buy a soundproof box to store a camera while im running a console when I should just be able to unplug it.)


Sony is giving us 0.5TB, and we dont have to copy our games to the hard disk, so thats 0.5TB for any PSN downloads, and not our disk games. Bluray can hold 50GB, some PS3 games are already 23GBs, so if this "next gen" stuff is really that serious, then it should be taking at least as much space as the larger PS3 games. So, googling up the xbox one hard drives, that means XboxOne users can have about 10 games, thats it.


They both sound like they have similar hardware, but its not. 8GB DDR3 vs 8GB GDDR5, 32bit vs 64bit, etc. And Why would I want a camera? If I ever get a XboxOne, it will be after they're hacked so I do not require a internet connection, and can run it without the kinnect attached.


And please feel free to find me a link to a document where it states I can run Xbox one games off a disk. Only articles I see when doing a quick google search are the initial articles where they tell you about how the games run off the hard drive, nothing about it not being required.


OHunterO
Joined: May 24, 2012

.


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 09:40 AM    Msg. 18 of 47       
Bored of seeing people moan about the consoles. They ain't going to change, deal with what it is and quite complaining. If you can't afford a new game every so often then get a better job, not like you buy games everyday.

The camera is always watching and listening so you can turn it on with your voice, otherwise you have got to press a button. I HIGHLY doubt M$ is going to spy on people...

The online check is to stop piracy, and tbf with it having built in WiFi there isn't really a reason it wouldn't be online... this modern day and age everyone will have some form of internet.

With that said I might get Xbox One AND PS4.


Stevedoggen
Joined: Jan 14, 2013

#Byf4Lyf


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 09:53 AM    Msg. 19 of 47       
This isn't even Halo Ce related... besides, stuff like this always ends up with console wars.
The fact is both the xbox 360 and ps3 are great, Nintendo has been redundant in the gaming market since like the 4th or 5th DS re-re-re-re-re-remake, especially with all the super mario bros wii u and all those marios being the same ('doing a COD' so to speak) and the PS4 and Xbox One are great is some ways yet suck hard in others.

PS4 won E3, and everyone says the xbox sucks, yet all those people are gonna buy one anyway for halo 5, so it ends up even.

Rinse repeat, this will all happen again with the next gen consoles.


AllySuzumiya
Joined: Feb 27, 2013

"Kotae wa itsumo watashi no mune ni.."


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 10:24 AM    Msg. 20 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Stevedoggen
This isn't even Halo Ce related... besides, stuff like this always ends up with console wars.
The fact is both the xbox 360 and ps3 are great, Nintendo has been redundant in the gaming market since like the 4th or 5th DS re-re-re-re-re-remake, especially with all the super mario bros wii u and all those marios being the same ('doing a COD' so to speak) and the PS4 and Xbox One are great is some ways yet suck hard in others.

PS4 won E3, and everyone says the xbox sucks, yet all those people are gonna buy one anyway for halo 5, so it ends up even.

Rinse repeat, this will all happen again with the next gen consoles.


Um, Nintendo definitely won E3 with Smash Bros Wii U's trailer. It looked amazing on the Wii U and amazing on the 3ds. I also loved the 3d Mario, the super Luigi and Mario Kart 8. Everyone's still fed-up and underinformed on the Xbox ONE to actually buy it, though. They'll all end up getting the Ps4. As for the kinect thing, I'd much rather have kinect than a fragile plastic headset with a terrible microphone. If this kinect 3.0 thing is true, kinect would be more than worth it. Not to mention that I could probably unhook X1's kinect and use it for mocap like we can with the current one.


Stevedoggen
Joined: Jan 14, 2013

#Byf4Lyf


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 10:32 AM    Msg. 21 of 47       
I respect your opinion, but I won't lie - I don't hear anyone saying that they are excited and gonna get a Wii U. Nothing against it or it's games, but this market has really gone heavy on the Microsoft vs Sony front, and Nintendo's in the back saying "This is what I've been doing in the meantime, if anyone's wondering." At least, that's the impression I get.

But I will say that the main point I'm making is that this isn't Halo CE related, so I don't see this thread surviving much longer, especially with most of the comments essentially being an argument about superior consoles...


SAS
Joined: Feb 26, 2013

I comment every once in a while


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 12:07 PM    Msg. 22 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Better specs than the XboxOne as well.

Actually, the hardware for the two consoles is nearly identical. The difference between the two is in the type of ram. XO uses ddr3 while PS4 uses gddr5. While gddr5 will load textures almost instantly (no waiting for textures to render!), it also causes slightly more lag than ddr3. This could be seen in the Destiny demo when it would freeze up occasionally.

(to all)

Sure the xbox one has some problems with policy and whatnot, but please research these problems before circlejerking over them (sorry for the terminology, I'm a redditor). I can't say how annoying it gets when people just complain about something with the xbox one and never back up their complaints. Let's look at some of these things that people argue about most:

You can never turn Kinect off!
Well, MS actually confirmed that you can change the Kinect settings so that all Kinect features are turned off (both while the xbox is on and off). They also confirmed that while the xbox is off, Kinect is only listening for the phrase "xbox on"

The whole, "your brother sitting next to you doesn't have an authorized copy of the game" meme
I can not say how many times people have used that as some sort of slander towards the xbox one. And they still use it after MS released details about their policies that are the complete opposite. Not only can anyone in your family play games from your library, they can also use your Gold features, even when you are not online.

MS is putting used game fees because they want all mah monies!
In that same release as the one above, they also said that the fees are up to the developer, as the developers are the ones who receive the money from the fees. You see, used games hurt the developers. When you buy a used game from gamestop or something, the developer receives no compensation. And while they still make a ton of money off of the game's legitimate sales (wrong wording. You know what I mean), they still lose a huge profit margin to used games. I know, it sucks because used games and borrowing games is much cheaper and more convenient, but at least you can rest easy knowing that MS receives no money from the used game fees.

PS4 has superior hardware!
I kind of went into that above, but I want to say it here. Other than the type of ram (not the amount, the type), the hardware is identical. 8 core AMD Jaguar architecture, 500 gb hdd, both support 4k resolution (actually, xbox one is confirmed to support it, PS4 can only run videos at that resolution), etc.

There is nothing wrong with the ps4, only with the xbox one
Ok, hold up. Cut the hate bandwagon for a minute. Here's the part where I say the problems with both sides.

Xbox One: Kinect is required to be plugged in for the console to run. You only get 24 hours of offline play before your console shuts down. Used game fees decided by developers.

PS4: Hardware restrictions will not allow games to be rendered above 1080p. And I know this sounds rather nitpicky, but the controller has a non-removable battery pack (with a rechargable battery, the charge it holds will slowly decrease. Eventually, it won't be able to hold a charge. Since the controller is rather pricy, this concerns me).

Can we all just cut the hate-jerking against the Xbox One? Just as my post will be met with criticism and thrown aside by people who are switching to PS4, bashing Xbox One will not sway the opinions of those who are going to buy it. Both consoles have their ups and downs, so who cares? There is no war of the consoles, and the winner does not conquer and destroy the other console. People will buy which ever one they want based on their needs. While the ps4 appeals more to gamers, the xbox one appeals more to whole families (Gold and game sharing for your entire family, non-gamer family members liking the other features, etc). We like to say that the xbox one will absolutely flop, but it won't. Millions of people will still buy it. So let's just get along and take comfort in the fact that both the new Halo and Battlefield will run at 60fps (without having to cut back on graphics, *cough-CallofDuty-cough*)


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 12:18 PM    Msg. 23 of 47       
^ Agreed, SAS.

Also, the PS4 has the same policy for used games as the Xbox One. Publishers or developers can decide whether or not to use DRM. I doubt that they'll use DRM on the Xbox One if they don't on the PS4 so there's no difference on this part.


kirby_422
Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Apparently public enemy number 1?


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 12:54 PM    Msg. 24 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Better specs than the XboxOne as well.

Actually, the hardware for the two consoles is nearly identical. The difference between the two is in the type of ram. XO uses ddr3 while PS4 uses gddr5. While gddr5 will load textures almost instantly (no waiting for textures to render!), it also causes slightly more lag than ddr3. This could be seen in the Destiny demo when it would freeze up occasionally.

Nearly identical != identical. PS4 is still stronger. Please find me your source that claims its sooo close. Every single spec sheet ive read on it shows PS4 with higher everything (Although I haven't seen any GHz for the PS4s CPU anywhere)


Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
You can never turn Kinect off!
Well, MS actually confirmed that you can change the Kinect settings so that all Kinect features are turned off (both while the xbox is on and off). They also confirmed that while the xbox is off, Kinect is only listening for the phrase "xbox on"

Until you can unplug it and still use the system, that means its running. I don't care if Microsoft claims its sleeping, if your able to completely disable it, then your able to unplug it, and until they can do that its not really "turned off".

Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
The whole, "your brother sitting next to you doesn't have an authorized copy of the game" meme
I can not say how many times people have used that as some sort of slander towards the xbox one. And they still use it after MS released details about their policies that are the complete opposite. Not only can anyone in your family play games from your library, they can also use your Gold features, even when you are not online.

Did they release updated information on that at E3? Because last time I checked, Microsoft didn't even know how they where going to check whose your family (People went out of their way to question microsoft on it, and they honestly didn't know). More so, what do you think they're going to do to your families accounts when your banned on live for any form of mischeif (while making all your physical disks garbage)?

Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
MS is putting used game fees because they want all mah monies!
In that same release as the one above, they also said that the fees are up to the developer, as the developers are the ones who receive the money from the fees. You see, used games hurt the developers. When you buy a used game from gamestop or something, the developer receives no compensation. And while they still make a ton of money off of the game's legitimate sales (wrong wording. You know what I mean), they still lose a huge profit margin to used games. I know, it sucks because used games and borrowing games is much cheaper and more convenient, but at least you can rest easy knowing that MS receives no money from the used game fees.

Nintendo and Sony are doing just fine. Yes, the developers are loosing out, but by making a system nobody wants to use, they are loosing out even more. Instead, when all the games would of been returning to the stores after afew months to the 20 dollar bins, have the online downloads at those same prices; if they complain they are loosing that much money combatting the used sales, then they really don't know the difference between 0 and 20 dollars then.

Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
PS4 has superior hardware!
I kind of went into that above, but I want to say it here. Other than the type of ram (not the amount, the type), the hardware is identical. 8 core AMD Jaguar architecture, 500 gb hdd, both support 4k resolution (actually, xbox one is confirmed to support it, PS4 can only run videos at that resolution), etc.

There is nothing wrong with the ps4, only with the xbox one
Ok, hold up. Cut the hate bandwagon for a minute. Here's the part where I say the problems with both sides.

Xbox One: Kinect is required to be plugged in for the console to run. You only get 24 hours of offline play before your console shuts down. Used game fees decided by developers.

PS4: Hardware restrictions will not allow games to be rendered above 1080p. And I know this sounds rather nitpicky, but the controller has a non-removable battery pack (with a rechargable battery, the charge it holds will slowly decrease. Eventually, it won't be able to hold a charge. Since the controller is rather pricy, this concerns me).

Can we all just cut the hate-jerking against the Xbox One? Just as my post will be met with criticism and thrown aside by people who are switching to PS4, bashing Xbox One will not sway the opinions of those who are going to buy it. Both consoles have their ups and downs, so who cares? There is no war of the consoles, and the winner does not conquer and destroy the other console. People will buy which ever one they want based on their needs. While the ps4 appeals more to gamers, the xbox one appeals more to whole families (Gold and game sharing for your entire family, non-gamer family members liking the other features, etc). We like to say that the xbox one will absolutely flop, but it won't. Millions of people will still buy it. So let's just get along and take comfort in the fact that both the new Halo and Battlefield will run at 60fps (without having to cut back on graphics, *cough-CallofDuty-cough*)


PS4 still has better hardware. Doesn't matter that they are similar, PS4 still has better.

PS4, it can show 4K videos, and has a stronger GPU.. Where is this hardware restriction exactly?.. Sound more like a software restriction to me, but whatever. I don't see one reason why Sony can't enable it in a firmware update, but then again, this is Sony, they prefer removing features in firmware updates.
Cannot remove batteries... Same thing can be said about PS3 controllers, but that doesn't stop people from swapping them out all the time *shrug*


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:00 PM    Msg. 25 of 47       
Stop complaining, if you don't like the Xbox One just buy an Xbox 360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5yC8FbgGnd0


SAS
Joined: Feb 26, 2013

I comment every once in a while


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:04 PM    Msg. 26 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

Did they release updated information on that at E3? Because last time I checked, Microsoft didn't even know how they where going to check whose your family (People went out of their way to question microsoft on it, and they honestly didn't know). More so, what do you think they're going to do to your families accounts when your banned on live for any form of mischeif (while making all your physical disks garbage)?


They did not release that information at E3. They released it around 4 days before E3. Let me look for that link...
here it is! http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license
Edit: upon rereading, it is actually anyone in your house. Family, friends, strangers (why would a stranger be playing your xbox?)
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
PS4 still has better hardware. Doesn't matter that they are similar, PS4 still has better.

PS4, it can show 4K videos, and has a stronger GPU.. Where is this hardware restriction exactly?.. Sound more like a software restriction to me, but whatever. I don't see one reason why Sony can't enable it in a firmware update, but then again, this is Sony, they prefer removing features in firmware updates.
Cannot remove batteries... Same thing can be said about PS3 controllers, but that doesn't stop people from swapping them out all the time *shrug*

Yes, PS4 does have 4k photos and videos, but the blu-ray drive will not be capable of reading quad-layer 100gb discs, which are needed for 4k game rendering.
Edited by SAS on Jun 12, 2013 at 02:08 PM


kirby_422
Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Apparently public enemy number 1?


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:08 PM    Msg. 27 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

Did they release updated information on that at E3? Because last time I checked, Microsoft didn't even know how they where going to check whose your family (People went out of their way to question microsoft on it, and they honestly didn't know). More so, what do you think they're going to do to your families accounts when your banned on live for any form of mischeif (while making all your physical disks garbage)?


They did not release that information at E3. They released it around 4 days before E3. Let me look for that link...
here it is! http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

So, where in there does it explain how they decide whose family?.. It says 10 members, but as I said before, they don't even know how they decide this.


SAS
Joined: Feb 26, 2013

I comment every once in a while


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:09 PM    Msg. 28 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX
text

btw, kh3 is not ps4 exclusive

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

Did they release updated information on that at E3? Because last time I checked, Microsoft didn't even know how they where going to check whose your family (People went out of their way to question microsoft on it, and they honestly didn't know). More so, what do you think they're going to do to your families accounts when your banned on live for any form of mischeif (while making all your physical disks garbage)?


They did not release that information at E3. They released it around 4 days before E3. Let me look for that link...
here it is! http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

So, where in there does it explain how they decide whose family?.. It says 10 members, but as I said before, they don't even know how they decide this.

Sorry, I had to edit my post. It is actually anyone on your console, regardless of relation to you.

And on a side note, both consoles are using the same x86-x64 cores. GPU is the only difference (that, and disc drive)
Edited by SAS on Jun 12, 2013 at 02:15 PM


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:19 PM    Msg. 29 of 47       
As both consoles are rumoured to use the same APU, which is a CPU and a GPU on the same chip, their specs must be almost the same, assuming those rumours are true. The only difference is the RAM, though it's yet to be seen whether Sony's managed to overcome GDDR5's issues.


kirby_422
Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Apparently public enemy number 1?


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:32 PM    Msg. 30 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
Sorry, I had to edit my post. It is actually anyone on your console, regardless of relation to you.

They also have 10 family members from anywhere, but even microsoft doesn't know what they're doing about that.. And since cousins can easily legitimately have different last names, I don't see how they're stopping anyone from making a circle of 10 friends and splitting the purchases lol; they dont know either..


SAS
Joined: Feb 26, 2013

I comment every once in a while


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 02:42 PM    Msg. 31 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
Sorry, I had to edit my post. It is actually anyone on your console, regardless of relation to you.

They also have 10 family members from anywhere, but even microsoft doesn't know what they're doing about that.. And since cousins can easily legitimately have different last names, I don't see how they're stopping anyone from making a circle of 10 friends and splitting the purchases lol; they dont know either..

Possibly left open for that reason? Idc, that is the least of my concerns about the new consoles


OrangeJuice
Joined: Jan 29, 2009

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.


Posted: Jun 12, 2013 03:02 PM    Msg. 32 of 47       
semantics.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 13, 2013 01:19 AM    Msg. 33 of 47       


ELVEVERX
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

For the great journey


Posted: Jun 13, 2013 02:57 AM    Msg. 34 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX
xbox has more and they do seem better
Halo
Forza
Dead rising
project spark
titan fall
and then ps4 has
killzone
grand torismo
god of war
kinddom heart
little big planet


Quote:
So, you want to treat a camera as a pair of headphones now?... Why do I require a camera just to use it as headphones?.... Headphones work great as headphones.


what you can still use headphones you just have the option to use kinect can't you?

Quote:
So how many terabytes are they gonna give me for hard drive space? And cheap downloads? lawl, this is microsoft, the downloads will be the same price as the disks.

How many terabytes is sony going to give you?

Quote:
Better specs than the XboxOne as well.

better specs in ONE area the Gpu if i am not mistaken but besides that is equal and xbox has a better camera with kinect

Quote:
Where you can have as many games as you want to play, without having to sit deleting other ones to make room for new ones and then waiting for an hour for the disk to copy over.



you don't have to install it its just you can like i'd probable only install my favorite games but i'm pretty sure there won't be many games over 20 gigs so you should be able to fit quite a lot on it but i'm no expert as to how large next gen games are i guess time will tell

Quote:
None of those xbox things seem that interesting. The project spark, they mentioned Windows 8 during the demo many times. They are either saying you need a Windows 8 tablet to control the ground or its also going to come out for Windows 8. Titan fall seems like it could be ok, but honestly, im more interested in the WiiU mech thing right now, it looks like it gives you more freedom and a whole world to explore rather than titan's generic combat with wall jumping added.

And please tell me which PS4 exclusives sounded so much more "interesting"
Project spark is comming out on xbox one and windows 8 and you can use any tablet with smartglass even a ipad

Quote:
Why would you want to use a camera to talk to people when you could do the natural option of using a headset? I dont why anyone would want to use a random always on webcam (I dont care that they "claim" you can disable the features, the fact you cannot disconnect it and run the system means its doing something, and I do not want to have to buy a soundproof box to store a camera while im running a console when I should just be able to unplug it.)

I maybe because you don't have to wear the headset it would work the same way just you wouldn't need to wear a headset so it would proberble sound a lot clearer and again you don't have to and that whole the whole thing with the kinect sounds like a conspiracy theory "microsofts going to watch you and sell the information to osama bin ladins clone who is the head of the CIA"
Quote:
Sony is giving us 0.5TB, and we dont have to copy our games to the hard disk, so thats 0.5TB for any PSN downloads, and not our disk games. Bluray can hold 50GB, some PS3 games are already 23GBs, so if this "next gen" stuff is really that serious, then it should be taking at least as much space as the larger PS3 games. So, googling up the xbox one hard drives, that means XboxOne users can have about 10 games, thats it.

Microft is also giving us 0.5TB and you don't have to copy your games onto the hard disk so thats any xbox live downloads, and not our disk games. Because YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INSTALL IT although i'm pretty sure with my PS3 i had to install the games before playing so i would assume its the same with the PS4
Quote:

Quote:
They both sound like they have similar hardware, but its not. 8GB DDR3 vs 8GB GDDR5, 32bit vs 64bit, etc. And Why would I want a camera? If I ever get a XboxOne, it will be after they're hacked so I do not require a internet connection, and can run it without the kinnect attached.

yeah so PS4 has slightly better ram and xbox one has 64bit and Maybe just maybe microsoft is trying to cater for more people than just you and thats why it comes with kinect because if everyone has kinect then game developer will proberble implement some of the features giving you a better games and do you really not have internet like i have pretty bad internet but my console still connect basically all the time
Quote:
And please feel free to find me a link to a document where it states I can run Xbox one games off a disk. Only articles I see when doing a quick google search are the initial articles where they tell you about how the games run off the hard drive, nothing about it not being required.

Look just because i can't provide a article saying it can run them off the disc dosn't mean it can't i mean i can't find any articles saying that the moon isn't overrun with flying spaghetti monsters that are planning to invade earth but just because that dosn't mean there is

and i am sure you would be able to play off the disk and if you can't do you think you are the only person in the entire world who though of the storage problem i'm certain they would have figured out some sort of solution maybe we all get 1 TB of cloud storage i mean i can't find any articles saying we don't


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Holy Crust#4500


Posted: Jun 13, 2013 06:03 AM    Msg. 35 of 47       
Wow, your argument was the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Wed November 13, 2019 6:57 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website